Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My verizon Bill.........

+21
Turtleneck
Heat Miser
The Pantry
Nordic
MiamiSpartan
Herbie Green
Blanch32
Cym Jim
GRR Spartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
I.B. Fine
Motown Spartan
tGreenWay
kingstonlake
Dr. Strangelove
AMwood
InTenSity
Watch Out Pylon!
TheReal_LWS
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
25 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

My verizon Bill......... Empty My verizon Bill.........

Post by DWags Thu 11 Aug 2016 - 15:02

So, five phones, 20 GB's, shared. Four of us plus the mother in law. I'm into them for roughly 421 a month. Sometimes the little one does the snap chat way too much and I go over and that sucks cause it's steeper. However, any of you geniuses have ideas to lower my bill? I'm getting sick of it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

My verizon Bill......... Empty Re: My verizon Bill.........

Post by Guest Thu 11 Aug 2016 - 15:06

DWags wrote:So, five phones, 20 GB's, shared. Four of us plus the mother in law. I'm into them for roughly 421 a month. Sometimes the little one does the snap chat way too much and I go over and that sucks cause it's steeper. However, any of you geniuses have ideas to lower my bill? I'm getting sick of it.

That data must be expensive as hell. I've got 3 phones/8gb and it's $136 a month.

Whenever I've felt my bill was too high I've called them and they've found a way to reduce it.
I know others bitch about verizon but I've been with them a long time and have had only positive
experiences.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 11 Aug 2016 - 15:07

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:So, five phones, 20 GB's, shared.  Four of us plus the mother in law.  I'm into them for roughly 421 a month.  Sometimes the little one does the snap chat way too much and I go over and that sucks cause it's steeper.  However, any of you geniuses have ideas to lower my bill?   I'm getting sick of it.  

That data must be expensive as hell.   I've got 3 phones/8gb and it's $136 a month.

Whenever I've felt my bill was too high I've called them and they've found a way to reduce it.  
I know others bitch about verizon but I've been with them a long time and have had only positive
experiences.

Breaking it down today I found this. I also found my youngest is a snap chat addict. She's gonna hate the fact I gave her a 6.75 GB limit and then it's shut off.

wife Wags xxx-xxx-xxxx           $49.23
Dwags xxx-xxx-xxxx                 $56.21
Daughter1wags xxx-xxx-xxxx   $49.23
Motherinlaw wags xxx-xxx-xxxx $22.15
Daughter2 wags xxx-xxx-xxxx   $49.23

Total                                           $226.05

Monthly charge is $140 minus 21 for something called !5% access discount  Total $119

usage and access = $60

Total $179.

Total is about $405 dollars a month, tax and shit, it's usually $421

I have 20 GB of shared data.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 11 Aug 2016 - 15:09

DWags wrote:So, five phones, 20 GB's, shared. Four of us plus the mother in law. I'm into them for roughly 421 a month. Sometimes the little one does the snap chat way too much and I go over and that sucks cause it's steeper. However, any of you geniuses have ideas to lower my bill? I'm getting sick of it.
I have no idea what we pay or how many gigabytes we have..

I just know that when we get the message that we've reached 75% of our data, a warning gets issued from my wife to the kid (sorry For bin). When we get the message that we've reached 90% of our data, the warning becomes much louder, much more assertive and threats are often made.. and our kid gets scared.. very scared.

that's about all I know.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Thu 11 Aug 2016 - 15:10

You are too focused on outflow. Work on your inflow and the outflow will be less important.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu 11 Aug 2016 - 15:11

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

That data must be expensive as hell.   I've got 3 phones/8gb and it's $136 a month.

experiences.

Breaking it down today I found this.  I also found my youngest is a snap chat addict.  She's gonna hate the fact I gave her a 6.75 GB limit and then it's shut off.  

Monthly charge is $140 minus 21 for something called !5% access discount  Total $119

usage and access = $60

Total $179.

Jesus Christ that a lot.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 11 Aug 2016 - 15:12

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
I have no idea what we pay or how many gigabytes we have..

I just know that when we get the message that we've reached 75% of our data, a warning gets issued from my wife to the kid (sorry For bin). When we get the message that we've reached 90% of our data, the warning becomes much louder, much more assertive and threats are often made.. and our kid gets scared.. very scared.

that's about all I know.

Not so much worried about overage every month, I was pissed a couple times, but my bill sucks. We seem to use the 20 GB's or near it monthly, but breaking down bills from months past today, it's the little one who is the addict. I've put a limit on her and I'll get those warnings as will she. When she's done, and I know she will be, will she be able to text? Or will that shut everything down
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 11 Aug 2016 - 15:13

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
DWags wrote:

Breaking it down today I found this.  I also found my youngest is a snap chat addict.  She's gonna hate the fact I gave her a 6.75 GB limit and then it's shut off.  

usage and access = $60

Total $179.

Jesus Christ that a lot.

Em, yeah, thus the thread as a cry for help.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Aug 2016 - 15:15

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

experiences.

Breaking it down today I found this. I also found my youngest is a snap chat addict. She's gonna hate the fact I gave her a 6.75 GB limit and then it's shut off.

usage and access = $60

Total $179.

OK, went and looked mine up to compare:

Me $23.99 I know I'm a bit higher for Euro calls.
Daughter 20.00
SiLaw 20.00

"Large" Plan - 8gb shared data $60.00

Surcharges $6.71
Taxes & Fees $5.22

Total $135.92

And they keep offering us 10GB and data rollover for $70 so $10 more a month but we just don't use that much data.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 11 Aug 2016 - 15:15

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I have no idea what we pay or how many gigabytes we have..

that's about all I know.

Not so much worried about overage every month, I was pissed a couple times, but my bill sucks. We seem to use the 20 GB's or near it monthly, but breaking down bills from months past today, it's the little one who is the addict. I've put a limit on her and I'll get those warnings as will she. When she's done, and I know she will be, will she be able to text? Or will that shut everything down
not sure if this is an actual question or a rhetorical statement - but I have no idea.

our kid is currently away on some sort of adventure and got read the riot act before she left.. heck, I was scared and I don't even use the phone all that much.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Aug 2016 - 15:20

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I have no idea what we pay or how many gigabytes we have..

that's about all I know.

Text is separate from data. Most of the plans are unlimited calls and texts, just the data is metered. I just went and looked, we've averaged 5Gb per month over the past 6 months. I'd wager 90% of that was my daughter, I rarely use any and I don't think the SiL does either.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 11 Aug 2016 - 15:22

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:

usage and access = $60

Total $179.

Me $23.99 I know I'm a bit higher for Euro calls.
Daughter 20.00
SiLaw 20.00

"Large" Plan - 8gb shared data $60.00

Surcharges $6.71
Taxes & Fees $5.22

Total $135.92

And they keep offering us 10GB and data rollover for $70 so $10 more a month but we just don't use that much data.

I'ts that new plan, data rollover deal? I'll call them. I've been trying to figure this out for an hour. fuck it. Pissed. Thing is, if I call and they talk me into the new "rollover" keep your data plan and get me all fired up and then I get my new bill and it's even more expensive, I can't call and say some nameless sales person talked me into this shit. I hate cell phones.

does anyone know if the data gets shut off if it includes texting?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 11 Aug 2016 - 15:23

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:

Text is separate from data. Most of the plans are unlimited calls and texts, just the data is metered. I just went and looked, we've averaged 5Gb per month over the past 6 months. I'd wager 90% of that was my daughter, I rarely use any and I don't think the SiL does either.

Thanks.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu 11 Aug 2016 - 15:25

I just switched to AT&T. If you have uverse or directv, you can get on their unlimited plan. $60 for phone, $40 for days for each phone. So, for the 4 of you, without cost of phones would be $210. If everyone gets a galaxy 7 for 2 year payments, add about 120 more plus taxes. Probably around $350.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Aug 2016 - 15:25

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Me $23.99   I know I'm a bit higher for Euro calls.
Daughter 20.00
SiLaw  20.00

"Large" Plan - 8gb shared data  $60.00

Surcharges $6.71
Taxes & Fees $5.22

Total $135.92

I'ts that new plan, data rollover deal?  I'll call them.  I've been trying to figure this out for an hour.  fuck it.  Pissed.  Thing is, if I call and they talk me into the new "rollover" keep your data plan and get me all fired up and then I get my new bill and it's even more expensive, I can't call and say some nameless sales person talked me into  this shit.   I hate cell phones.  

does anyone know if the data gets shut off if it includes texting?

Tell them you're unhappy and throw yourself on their mercy.   You have no idea how all this works (fairly true at least for me)
and ask for help.  Mention having to maybe go to Straight Talk, etc.   I'm telling you, it's worked for me in the past.   They like helping helpless old men....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood Thu 11 Aug 2016 - 15:32

tell everybody that if they get caught using the internet without wifi you will take away the phone.
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Thu 11 Aug 2016 - 15:33

You're getting reamed. I pay for 3 lines and 18 GB data between the three for us

Plan $80.00
My shitty phone $24.55
Daughter 1 (iPhone 6) $59.96
Daughter 2 (Galaxy s7) $62.81
Surcharges $6.06
Taxes/Fees $7.63

Total $228.13

I get a work discount of 20%.

You should go to the VZ store and let them fix your plan.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Thu 11 Aug 2016 - 15:34

You can set a data limit on the phone that goes over. It's in settings under data I think (Android).

Have your considered breaking your contract and then suing them when you get hit with the termination fee? I've heard that is a solid game plan.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Thu 11 Aug 2016 - 15:37

Sprint, 5 phones, all unlimited data. HTC A9, 3 iPhone 6's, note 5. $325 month.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Thu 11 Aug 2016 - 15:38

Also check on apps sucking background data while not active.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 11 Aug 2016 - 15:41

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:

question: when you say "text is separate from data" - does that include texting pictures? Do the pictures utilize data?

and, no, pervs, I'm not asking for any reason other than the fact that my daughter (sorry For bin) has been texting me pictures from the aforementioned adventure. And I don't want them to be attached to the data plan.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Thu 11 Aug 2016 - 15:41

I still have grandfathered unlimited data. I will never give it up. They increased by $20/month last fall. That was a total of $40 for me and the wife. I don't care. I pay like $210/month for everybody to have have unlimited everything. Verizon hates me and hopes I die (just like the rest of you).
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu 11 Aug 2016 - 15:48

TheReal_LWS wrote:Verizon hates me and hopes I die (just like the rest of you).

It sounds pretty tough just being you.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 11 Aug 2016 - 15:49

AMwood wrote:tell everybody that if they get caught using the internet without wifi you will take away the phone.

Ha, tell my Mother in law that.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Aug 2016 - 15:52

kingstonlake wrote:Sprint, 5 phones, all unlimited data. HTC A9, 3 iPhone 6's, note 5. $325 month.

You and Wags have choices - honestly up here Sprint sucks. Verizon is by far the best, with AT&T a distant 2nd.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Aug 2016 - 15:53

Robert J Sakimano wrote:question: when you say "text is separate from data" - does that include texting pictures? Do the pictures utilize data?

Beyond my expertise. You could check your data usage and probably determine the answer to that. My guess is no because I do text quite a few pictures to myself (food and grandkids) and yet never seem to use any data.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Thu 11 Aug 2016 - 15:57

LooseGoose wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Sprint, 5 phones, all unlimited data. HTC A9, 3 iPhone 6's, note 5. $325 month.

You and Wags have choices - honestly up here Sprint sucks.   Verizon is by far the best, with AT&T a distant 2nd.

Yeah, it's sketchy north of grayling. On a side note I get a great signal at a spot about 1/2 mile from my deer blind in the U.P.  it's about a 300 foot circle. Weird as shit, right in the middle of nowhere on a two track about 1/2 mile south of lake Superior.

Last edited by kingstonlake on Thu 11 Aug 2016 - 15:58; edited 1 time in total
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 11 Aug 2016 - 15:57

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:question: when you say "text is separate from data" - does that include texting pictures? Do the pictures utilize data?

Beyond my expertise. You could check your data usage and probably determine the answer to that. My guess is no because I do text quite a few pictures to myself (food and grandkids) and yet never seem to use any data.
yeah, I have no idea how to do that.

Thanks - if we go over, I'll just sit back and let my wife yell at the kid. And then I'll know the answer to the question.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 11 Aug 2016 - 15:58

AMwood wrote:tell everybody that if they get caught using the internet without wifi you will take away the phone and exchange it for a Jitterbug.

Friendly amendment added.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 11 Aug 2016 - 16:00

LooseGoose wrote:

You and Wags have choices - honestly up here Sprint sucks. Verizon is by far the best, with AT&T a distant 2nd.

No, and I' frequently need to be in 6 different counties, and two of them are up in Northwest Michigan. I need Verizon.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 11 Aug 2016 - 16:01

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

No, and I' frequently need to be in 6 different counties, and two of them are up in Northwest Michigan. I need Verizon.
it's beautiful up there.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 11 Aug 2016 - 16:05

I still have the grandfathered in AT&T unlimited everything. However, during those rare times I get close to whatever random number AT&T determined was reasonable monthly usage, I get a text saying I won't be charged for going over, but they might slow things down for me. Funny, I don't remember that when I signed up years ago. I should let Blanch handle my lawsuit.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Aug 2016 - 16:07

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

So you're coming up to hang with tTy?

"Traverse City Microbrew and Music Festival to feature 45 breweries"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 11 Aug 2016 - 16:09

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:

So you're coming up to hang with tTy?

"Traverse City Microbrew and Music Festival to feature 45 breweries"

If they brew up some Budweiser in cans there, I'm all over it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Thu 11 Aug 2016 - 16:16

Mine is $200 to $230 with just me and my wife. But I get reimbursed half from my employer and use it as a mobile Hotspot when on the road.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Thu 11 Aug 2016 - 17:41

I have another question, at what age did you stop paying for your kids phone? or how old are you still paying for? (for OPTP, et al, when did your parents cut you off?)
I have some sympathy that the family plan is probably the cheapest deal, but I have a kid making good money wanting to get the new Note ($860ish) and I told him to get what he wants, but don't send me the bill.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu 11 Aug 2016 - 17:45

I believe my parents are giving me a year out here in CO until I have to start paying mine. But I'm also the youngest and 2nd biggest fuck up in the family. Probably a case by case basis for my rents.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 11 Aug 2016 - 18:58

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I believe my parents are giving me a year out here in CO until I have to start paying mine. But I'm also the youngest and 2nd biggest fuck up in the family. Probably a case by case basis for my rents.

'rents don't want to keep funding a pothead.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Aug 2016 - 19:12

I.B. Fine wrote:I have another question, at what age did you stop paying for your kids phone? or how old are you still paying for? (for OPTP, et al, when did your parents cut you off?)
I have some sympathy that the family plan is probably the cheapest deal, but I have a kid making good money wanting to get the new Note ($860ish) and I told him to get what he wants, but don't send me the bill.

My kids started paying their way in the 22-24 year old range depending on circumstances. My daughter and SiL are on my plan but they fork over the $90 every month for their phones.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu 11 Aug 2016 - 19:21

LooseGoose wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:I have another question, at what age did you stop paying for your kids phone? or how old are you still paying for? (for OPTP, et al, when did your parents cut you off?)

My kids started paying their way in the 22-24 year old range depending on circumstances. My daughter and SiL are on my plan but they fork over the $90 every month for their phones.

Yeah, I'm 23.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next