Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Verizon Smart Rewards

+2
Throwback702
InTenSity
6 posters

Go down

Verizon Smart Rewards Empty Verizon Smart Rewards

Post by InTenSity 2014-08-01, 08:39

Anyone else have VZW? It looks as if they are trying to come up with a way to reward loyal customers. I got an email yesterday to register. I'm still not a big fan of VZW and hate them for trying to take my unlimited data, and think they are a greedy ass company with no regard for the consumer whatsoever, but this could be a small step in the right direction. It seems to be retroactive, as I started with 26k points, and got a 5k point bonus for registering before sometime in September. I was looking through some of the stuff, and I can get a pair of Oakley's for under $100 by using 5 or 6k points. I think you can book hotel rooms and car rentals as well. So, if anyone else has VZW, have you joined this program and if so, is there anything worth using the points on?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Verizon Smart Rewards Empty Re: Verizon Smart Rewards

Post by Throwback702 2014-08-01, 11:30

Just signed up....should be a good way to waste some time at work today. If you come across across anything good, post that shit
Throwback702
Throwback702
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-08-01, 11:55

I know that the 39% off on the Oakleys is a pretty good deal. I have a friend who's brother works for the Dolphins and until this year they would get 50% off. Oakley typically doesn't discount their products, so I'm tempted to go that way and only pay $120 for some poloarized sunglasses. Other than that I'm not that sure.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Throwback702 2014-08-01, 12:02

Yeah so far, I'm fairly unimpressed. I mean, I get the discounts but I'd rather be able to use my points to buy something flat-out, like I can do with Southwest.
Throwback702
Throwback702
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-08-01, 12:06

Throwback702 wrote:Yeah so far, I'm fairly unimpressed.  I mean, I get the discounts but I'd rather be able to use my points to buy something flat-out, like I can do with Southwest.

Some of the local deals might be useful, but I agree, so far it's a meh. And of course now they've got my marketing info so I can look forward to more spam.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-08-01, 12:11

I quickly browsed through the local deals. You see anything in there? Although I'm guessing, just because of circumstance, that you and I would be interested in different things.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Throwback702 2014-08-01, 12:13

InTenSity wrote:I quickly browsed through the local deals. You see anything in there? Although I'm guessing, just because of circumstance, that you and I would be interested in different things.

There are some restaurants that are close to me that have decent deals. As far as hotels go, most places around me have locals discounts anyway that are better than the "reduced" rates available through Verizon.
Throwback702
Throwback702
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Throwback702 2014-08-01, 12:13

I'm going to keep looking because I refuse to do work today.
Throwback702
Throwback702
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2014-08-01, 12:55

Heat Miser wrote:

Some of the local deals might be useful, but I agree, so far it's a meh. And of course now they've got my marketing info so I can look forward to more spam.

ugghhhh... I almost didn't sign up because of this. After seeing that you can't just flat-out use points to buy shit, I'm regretting this decision to signup. At least put some phones on there.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Throwback702 2014-08-01, 12:58

We can all thank InTenSity for ruining our lives.  Verizon Smart Rewards 2809484752 
Throwback702
Throwback702
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-08-01, 13:09

Nordic wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

ugghhhh... I almost didn't sign up because of this.  After seeing that you can't just flat-out use points to buy shit, I'm regretting this decision to signup.  At least put some phones on there.

There are some points only things for auction, but the auctions keep extending as long as people keep bidding.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Throwback702 2014-08-01, 13:14

Heat Miser wrote:

There are some points only things for auction, but the auctions keep extending as long as people keep bidding.

Which is also pissing me off.
Throwback702
Throwback702
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-08-01, 15:06

We can all thank InTenSity for ruining our lives.  Verizon Smart Rewards 2809484752 

Verizon Smart Rewards 2267303065  Verizon Smart Rewards 361471007  Verizon Smart Rewards 3836498553  Verizon Smart Rewards 1165525128
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-06-20, 14:42

/bump.

I'm leaving Verizon this week. I have about 75000 points. If anyone knows a way to transfer them, I'll give whatever I have left. If anyone trusts me enough and wants to buy anything discounted. Well nevermind, that's a bad idea.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-20, 14:46

InTenSity wrote:/bump.

I'm leaving Verizon this week. I have about 75000 points. If anyone knows a way to transfer them, I'll give whatever I have left. If anyone trusts me enough and wants to buy anything discounted. Well nevermind, that's a bad idea.

I've never found a good use for them, if someone knows one I'm all in. Just checked my account:

VERIZON SMART REWARDS : 194,980 Points
REDEEM NOW
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-06-20, 14:47

LooseGoose wrote:
InTenSity wrote:/bump.

I've never found a good use for them, if someone knows one I'm all in. Just checked my account:

REDEEM NOW
I've bought a few pairs of sunglasses, some shoes and a bluetooth. With 195k points, you could probably win a $50 gift card in the auctions.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-20, 14:52

InTenSity wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

REDEEM NOW
I've bought a few pairs of sunglasses, some shoes and a bluetooth. With 195k points, you could probably win a $50 gift card in the auctions.

I guess that's better than a kick in the head. I'd forgotten all about them until I saw your post. The last time I checked I only had 30,000 or something, so quite a while ago.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2016-06-20, 16:07

How the fuck do you get that many points? Do you double your bill every month in ppv buys?
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-06-20, 16:12

pulling69 wrote:How the fuck do you get that many points? Do you double your bill every month in ppv buys?
Me or Goose?
If goose is on a family plan, and they are paying $200 or so a month, he's probably getting close to 2000 points a month. I know I got 18000 points or so this year, for loyalty. Basically 1000 points for each year I've been with VZW.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-20, 16:51

pulling69 wrote:How the fuck do you get that many points? Do you double your bill every month in ppv buys?

I've averaged 3-5 phones being on my account for years and years now.  My daughter and SiL are still on my account from like 10 years ago, both my sons have been on there in the past when it was cheaper for them.   Haven't gotten a new phone in at least 5 years so I guess I get some bonus for that.   I heard that today when I called them about changing phones.

I don't think I've ever bought anything extra from them except cell service.  I take that back - I was with Alltel up here before Verizon bought them and I had a wireless internet service through them that Verizon grandfathered in for a few years.   At the time it was the fastest thing available in the woods.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2016-06-20, 17:26

Ah ok, I just have Verizon for my Fios cable and internet....The only way I can build points is adding services, buying a new router, or every now and then filling out a survey. I have used my small amount of points for a few giftcards and also used some points to enter contests to (you know you won't win) trips to big fights in Vegas.
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-20, 17:37

pulling69 wrote:Ah ok, I just have Verizon for my Fios cable and internet....The only way I can build points is adding services, buying a new router, or every now and then filling out a survey. I have used my small amount of points for a few giftcards and also used some points to enter contests to (you know you won't win) trips to big fights in Vegas.

The gift cards are a good deal - 1,000 points for $10. I wish I could just convert all my points to $$.

Seriously if you can transfer points anyone is welcome to some of mine. I wouldn't spend enough $$ on shopping in 5 years.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2016-06-20, 18:18

LooseGoose wrote:
pulling69 wrote:Ah ok, I just have Verizon for my Fios cable and internet....The only way I can build points is adding services, buying a new router, or every now and then filling out a survey. I have used my small amount of points for a few giftcards and also used some points to enter contests to (you know you won't win) trips to big fights in Vegas.

The gift cards are a good deal - 1,000 points for $10. I wish I could just convert all my points to $$.

Seriously if you can transfer points anyone is welcome to some of mine. I wouldn't spend enough $$ on shopping in 5 years.

You used to be able to transfer points to a charity and you could get a tax writeoff. Now all they have is auctions that take 100,000 points to get a $5 gift card. I used mine up just before I left Verizon on free magazines and sweepstakes. I get about 30 magazines a month now.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down