Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What football games are you going to this year?

+14
tanfan!
DWags
Blanch32
Robert J Sakimano
Death Roe
tGreenWay
Tim Wakefield
By-Tor
Watch Out Pylon!
duffy munn
WhiteBoyHatcher
Travis of the Cosmos
NigelUno
Other Teams Pursuing That
18 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What football games are you going to this year? Empty What football games are you going to this year?

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-08-11, 22:59

UofM at Spartan Stadium

And then probably the natty.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

What football games are you going to this year? Empty Re: What football games are you going to this year?

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-08-11, 22:59

Oh, and some Broncos games for sure.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

What football games are you going to this year? Empty Re: What football games are you going to this year?

Post by NigelUno 2016-08-11, 23:12

Redskins @ Falcons.

Hopefully either UM or OSU in EL. Or both.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-08-11, 23:13

I'm going to go to all of the home ones otpt except for Wisconsin because yet another fucking cocksucker friend of mine is getting married during a home game
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-08-11, 23:14

All of them I think.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-08-11, 23:17

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I'm going to go to all of the home ones otpt except for Wisconsin because yet another fucking cocksucker friend of mine is getting married during a home game

That's the worst. I hope you expressed your disappointment in him. For one, getting married, and two yeah - a fucking home game.

Don't tell me he is a Spartan, trav.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-08-11, 23:24

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I'm going to go to all of the home ones otpt except for Wisconsin because yet another fucking cocksucker friend of mine is getting married during a home game

That's the worst. I hope you expressed your disappointment in him. For one, getting married, and two yeah - a fucking home game.

He's a Spartan otpt.

Last year I skipped a wedding to go to the Oregon game. But that was the best home game on the schedule. This is third best. It's harder to skip, but it also means that other than the goddamn furman game I won't be at a home game until October What football games are you going to this year? 1f625
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-08-11, 23:36

All of the home games.

@ ND.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-08-11, 23:42

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

He's a Spartan otpt.

Last year I skipped a wedding to go to the Oregon game. But that was the best home game on the schedule. This is third best. It's harder to skip, but it also means that other than the goddamn furman game I won't be at a home game until October What football games are you going to this year? 1f625

Captain Buzzkill would like to give you guys some perspective. And no I did not pick a football date to get married on. And this was during the JLS years. It's not easy to pick a wedding date. There are lots of factors that go into it. Spartan or not, there are maybe gonna be 10-15 people at that wedding who really care about missing the game in lieu of the wedding. Cut your buddies some slack. And if you care about the football game more than your buddy's wedding, by all means, go to the football game. 50%+ chance your buddy will end up divorced anyway.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-08-11, 23:43

I mean weddings are fun but tailgating/SS is better.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-08-11, 23:44

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

He's a Spartan otpt.

Captain Buzzkill would like to give you guys some perspective. And no I did not pick a football date to get married on. And this was during the JLS years. It's not easy to pick a wedding date. There are lots of factors that go into it. Spartan or not, there are maybe gonna be 10-15 people at that wedding who really care about missing the game in lieu of the wedding. Cut your buddies some slack. And if you care about the football game more than your buddy's wedding, by all means, go to the football game. 50%+ chance your buddy will end up divorced anyway.

In this case I wasn't too stressed about it actually.... He lives in nyc and is coming back here for the wedding. I'm not sure where his fiancé is originally from. That's fine. The one last year was different, this my skipping it
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-08-11, 23:46

Part of growing up OTPT. You gotta at some point concede that some shit is important to people and that shit is more important than what you want to do. If you care about them. If you can't...that's cool. Maybe one day you will. Maybe not.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-08-11, 23:48

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Part of growing up OTPT. You gotta at some point concede that some shit is important to people and that shit is more important than what you want to do. If you care about them. If you can't...that's cool. Maybe one day you will. Maybe not.

It really would depend who it was in the situation. It's honestly not even a legitimate issue I'm going to have living out here.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-08-11, 23:53

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Part of growing up OTPT. You gotta at some point concede that some shit is important to people and that shit is more important than what you want to do. If you care about them. If you can't...that's cool. Maybe one day you will. Maybe not.

It really would depend who it was in the situation. It's honestly not even a legitimate issue I'm going to have living out here.

Course not. Holds true in general though. You prob don't need to think about this shit yet. Just something to keep in the back of your mind.

I actually chose Thanksgiving over a football weekend. In retrospect, also selfish and difficult for a lot of people. But also in retrospect I totally understand anyone who didn't come.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-08-11, 23:54

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

Course not. Holds true in general though. You prob don't need to think about this shit yet. Just something to keep in the back of your mind.

I actually chose Thanksgiving over a football weekend. In retrospect, also selfish and difficult for a lot of people. But also in retrospect I totally understand anyone who didn't come.

I think my invite got lost in the mail wbh :(
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-08-11, 23:55

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

I'm all about people doing what they want. It's their life. Can't get offended if they can't/don't want to do something that you plan or do. 

It's the worst when people play some guilt shit if you don't go out with them or do whatever.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-08-11, 23:56

All the home games. BTCCG if they go. Natty if they go.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-08-11, 23:58

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:All the home games. BTCCG if they go. Natty if they go.

What football games are you going to this year? Yes
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-08-12, 00:00

U of M v MSU this year is not in the glorious Big House.

So none.

Signed,

tDude
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2016-08-12, 00:00

Does tailgating and staying back to watch on the telly while protecting the cooler count? Although looking at the schedule it looks like Rutgers is the only game I would do that for. Maybe the Mormon game if they suck.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-08-12, 00:03

duffy munn wrote:U of M v MSU this year is not in the glorious Big House.

So none.

Signed,

tDude

What football games are you going to this year? Tumblr_n5fy3maTvh1ruu897o4_250
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-08-12, 00:04

By-Tor wrote:Does tailgating and staying back to watch on the telly while protecting the cooler count? Although looking at the schedule it looks like Rutgers is the only game I would do that for. Maybe the Mormon game if they suck.

I don't think they're gonna suck. Aren't they getting Taysom back this year? As like a 6th year Sr?

And even if not, that kid showed some stuff last year. That's gonna be a tough game. Much tougher than they played in the Big Hole last year.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2016-08-12, 00:26

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
By-Tor wrote:Does tailgating and staying back to watch on the telly while protecting the cooler count?   Although looking at the schedule it looks like Rutgers is the only game I would do that for.     Maybe the Mormon game if they suck.

I don't think they're gonna suck. Aren't they getting Taysom back this year? As like a 6th year Sr?

And even if not, that kid showed some stuff last year. That's gonna be a tough game. Much tougher than they played in the Big Hole last year.
 Yea.  
UM got them at the perfect time last year.    I guess we'll see if Taysom can stay healthy.

Edit- I just checked their schedule...wtf...they have a gauntlet to go through before they even get to us.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2016-08-12, 00:29

Furman, @ ND, Wisconsin, BYU, Northwestern, @ Maryland, Michigan, Rutgers, OSU, @ PSU, BTCG, CFP semi, natty

tongue
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-08-12, 00:39

All of them at home. Hoping to go to the ND game, too. Was planning on being out of the country on vacation the last two weeks of Sept and the first of Oct, but had to cancel that trip, so daddy's good.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-08-12, 00:57

Just realized, there's not really a throwaway game I can take my kids to this year. That kinda sucks. Furman is a Friday nighter.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2016-08-12, 01:06

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Just realized, there's not really a throwaway game I can take my kids to this year. That kinda sucks. Furman is a Friday nighter.
Yep. Don't have that mid to late September game against Fla Atlantic/EMU/Youngstown this year. Furman and BYU are your best shots.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-08-12, 09:56

Forgot about @ND. And it's a night game.

That one just got bumped to the top of the list.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-08-12, 10:12

Going to be at the UM game for sure.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-12, 10:38

all East Lansing HS home games.. probably at Okemos.. maybe @ Grand Ledge and Holt.. depends on whether I'm in town or not.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-08-12, 10:41

Robert J Sakimano wrote:all East Lansing HS home games.. probably at Okemos.. maybe @ Grand Ledge and Holt.. depends on whether I'm in town or not.

If I invited people from this board to my tailgate you'd be 1st in line Bob. Unfortunately I don't do that so no one is invited. Sorry.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-12, 10:42

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:all East Lansing HS home games.. probably at Okemos.. maybe @ Grand Ledge and Holt.. depends on whether I'm in town or not.

If I invited people from this board to my tailgate you'd be 1st in line Bob. Unfortunately I don't do that so no one is invited. Sorry.
thanks, man.. means a lot.

I'm much more charming in person than I am online - if you can believe that.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-08-12, 10:43

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:UofM at Spartan Stadium

No play off game?

The preliminary plan is:

Wisconsin
IU
Uofm
Maryland
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-08-12, 10:44

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

You can come to my tailgate pylon :)
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-08-12, 10:44

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Is it in your pit in your basement? Hard pass.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-08-12, 10:45

Blanch32 wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:UofM at Spartan Stadium

No play off game?

The preliminary plan is:

Wisconsin
IU
Uofm
Maryland

You moving back to Michigan bruh?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-12, 10:50

Tim Wakefield wrote:Furman, @ ND, Wisconsin, BYU, Northwestern, @ Maryland, Michigan, Rutgers, OSU, @ PSU, BTCG, CFP semi, natty

tongue

There are times I'm really jealous of Wakie.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-08-12, 10:56

I think going to the playoff semi is stupid when there is a natty on the horizon.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-12, 10:58

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

:(

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-08-12, 10:58

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I think going to the playoff semi is stupid when there is a natty on the horizon.

Yep. I was all in on going to the Natty last year while skipping the Cotton Bowl. And then... sadness.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next