Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What football games are you going to this year?

+14
tanfan!
DWags
Blanch32
Robert J Sakimano
Death Roe
tGreenWay
Tim Wakefield
By-Tor
Watch Out Pylon!
duffy munn
WhiteBoyHatcher
Travis of the Cosmos
NigelUno
Other Teams Pursuing That
18 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What football games are you going to this year? - Page 2 Empty Re: What football games are you going to this year?

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri 12 Aug 2016 - 10:59

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

You can come to my tailgate pylon :)
:(

You can come too :)
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

What football games are you going to this year? - Page 2 Empty Re: What football games are you going to this year?

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri 12 Aug 2016 - 10:59

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I think going to the playoff semi is stupid when there is a natty on the horizon.

Yep. I was all in on going to the Natty last year while skipping the Cotton Bowl. And then... sadness.

But also glad you didn't spend all that dough to see us get our ass kicked and then our ass kicked again
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Fri 12 Aug 2016 - 11:01

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

No play off game?

The preliminary plan is:

Wisconsin
IU
Uofm
Maryland

You moving back to Michigan bruh?

Hell no!

2 of those are away games genius
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri 12 Aug 2016 - 11:07

Blanch32 wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

You moving back to Michigan bruh?

Hell no!  

2 of those are away games genius

And two of them aren't with one of them being in Indiana. Not exactly a quick trip from Hicksville, Carolina.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 12 Aug 2016 - 11:09

Robert J Sakimano wrote: :(

You can come too :)
:)
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri 12 Aug 2016 - 11:09

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Yep. I was all in on going to the Natty last year while skipping the Cotton Bowl. And then... sadness.

But also glad you didn't spend all that dough to see us get our ass kicked and then our ass kicked again

Half of our tailgate crew went to the Rose Bowl, including me. The other half went to the Cotton Bowl this past season. I'd say I feel sorry for them, but I don't. A couple of the same guys drove out to the Nebraska game last year too. DROVE.  Evil or Very Mad
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri 12 Aug 2016 - 11:15

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I think going to the playoff semi is stupid when there is a natty on the horizon.

Suspect
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri 12 Aug 2016 - 11:17

NigelUno wrote:

Suspect

Why spend $ to see us in the semi when you can save for the natty? I mean if you want to spend that much on football games be my guest. But unless the semi is close to me - fuck that.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri 12 Aug 2016 - 11:22

NigelUno wrote:

Suspect

Why spend $ to see us in the semi when you can save for the natty? I mean if you want to spend that much on football games be my guest. But unless the semi is close to me - fuck that.

Commercial tickets anywhere are pretty outrageous around the holidays. Did anyone take that charter out to LA for the Rose Bowl. I tried to get on that, but I already bought a non-refundable ticket.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield Fri 12 Aug 2016 - 11:26

LooseGoose wrote:
Tim Wakefield wrote:Furman, @ ND, Wisconsin, BYU, Northwestern, @ Maryland, Michigan, Rutgers, OSU, @ PSU, BTCG, CFP semi, natty

tongue

There are times I'm really jealous of Wakie.

I'm also hitting up Blacksburg for the U @ VT for a Thursday night game. Same weekend as our game in Maryland. Miami @ VT Thursday, Blacksburg bars Friday, tailgate + night game at UMD on Saturday. Gonna be a shitshow of a weekend. Pumped
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri 12 Aug 2016 - 11:27

Tim Wakefield wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

There are times I'm really jealous of Wakie.

I'm also hitting up Blacksburg for the U @ VT for a Thursday night game. Same weekend as our game in Maryland. Miami @ VT Thursday, Blacksburg bars Friday, tailgate + night game at UMD on Saturday. Gonna be a shitshow of a weekend. Pumped

Now that's going to be sick.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri 12 Aug 2016 - 11:31

NigelUno wrote:

Suspect

We were in the damn CFP. It was kind of a big deal.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri 12 Aug 2016 - 11:33

NigelUno wrote:

Oh - okay.. I'll still wait for us to make the national championship.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield Fri 12 Aug 2016 - 11:41

Tim Wakefield wrote:

Can't wait What football games are you going to this year? - Page 2 3493939353

NigelUno wrote:

Other Mooses Pursuing That
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri 12 Aug 2016 - 11:41

NigelUno wrote:

What do you think the frequency of that will be?

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri 12 Aug 2016 - 11:43

Tim Wakefield wrote:

Can't wait What football games are you going to this year? - Page 2 3493939353

Other Mooses Pursuing That

What football games are you going to this year? - Page 2 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri 12 Aug 2016 - 11:44

NigelUno wrote:

I don't know Nigel. Is this going to be one of your tangents where you ask 20 questions ?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri 12 Aug 2016 - 12:09

NigelUno wrote:

I don't know Nigel. Is this going to be one of your tangents where you ask 20 questions ?

It's not really a tangent.

I could see (maybe) an Alabama fan taking your approach.

Seems a little short-sighted at this point to assume we'll be in that position with any sort of regularity.

You're the one that said it would be stupid to go to a semi with a natty on the horizon. Seems fair to ask you about that comment.

It's a message board, right?

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 12 Aug 2016 - 12:19

NigelUno wrote:

Seems a little short-sighted at this point to assume we'll be in that position with any sort of regularity.

You're the one that said it would be stupid to go to a semi with a natty on the horizon. Seems fair to ask you about that comment.

if I recall correctly, I remember people last year considering hedging their bets and saving money for the trip to the national championship game.

if it were the kind of thing I was into.. and if I had the resources to attend only one game.. I'd probably go to the first CFP game. Of course, I can understand the "national championship or bust" approach, as well - as it would suck to fork over a bunch of money to go to the first game only to get drilled 36-0 or whatever.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri 12 Aug 2016 - 12:29

NigelUno wrote:

You're the one that said it would be stupid to go to a semi with a natty on the horizon.  Seems fair to ask you about that comment.

You are correlating not going and saving for a potential natty with thinking we will be in the CFP regularly. Just not the case.

it is a message board.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 12 Aug 2016 - 12:35

Every home game. ND Maryland.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Aug 2016 - 13:12

DWags wrote:Every home game. ND Maryland.

You need Wakie as a son in law to go with you.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri 12 Aug 2016 - 13:14

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

if I recall correctly, I remember people last year considering hedging their bets and saving money for the trip to the national championship game.

if it were the kind of thing I was into.. and if I had the resources to attend only one game.. I'd probably go to the first CFP game. Of course, I can understand the "national championship or bust" approach, as well - as it would suck to fork over a bunch of money to go to the first game only to get drilled 36-0 or whatever.

A National Championship or Bust approach from a Michigan State fan would seem a little jaded. Not sure if that's the right word.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! Fri 12 Aug 2016 - 16:00

I usually fly up for one or two games a year. The judge and I will be going to UM I believe. Depends on his schedule. We usually go to that game and sometimes another. Can't beat EL in October.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 12 Aug 2016 - 17:48

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:Every home game. ND Maryland.

Fucker needs to take me with him. He's living the life.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Fri 12 Aug 2016 - 17:49

I'll go to some um games. Obviously taking about university of Miami.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Aug 2016 - 17:55

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Fucker needs to take me with him. He's living the life.

Tim Wakefield wrote:
Furman, @ ND, Wisconsin, BYU, Northwestern, @ Maryland, Michigan, Rutgers, OSU, @ PSU, BTCG, CFP semi, natty

DWags wrote:
Every home game. ND Maryland.

He's going to PSU, you're going to MD - somehow you can work that out. And if all goes well you can foist one of the cell phone bills off on him.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH Sat 13 Aug 2016 - 8:04

Furman, maaaaaaaybe scUM. Hard sell to the boss, but...... What football games are you going to this year? - Page 2 502811600
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat 13 Aug 2016 - 8:14

InTenSity wrote:I'll go to some um games. .

Regards,

Dude
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Sat 13 Aug 2016 - 14:40

That's the worst. I hope you expressed your disappointment in him. For one, getting married, and two yeah - a fucking home game.

Don't tell me he is a Spartan, trav.

He's a Spartan otpt.

Last year I skipped a wedding to go to the Oregon game. But that was the best home game on the schedule. This is third best. It's harder to skip, but it also means that other than the goddamn furman game I won't be at a home game until October What football games are you going to this year? - Page 2 1f625

Not only do we have some recent classics against Wisconsin, that is also the Hall of Fame game so there will be a nice Sadler tribute. Not sure I would call that the 3rd best game of the year
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Sat 13 Aug 2016 - 15:31

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:if I recall correctly, I remember people last year considering hedging their bets and saving money for the trip to the national championship game.

A National Championship or Bust approach from a Michigan State fan would seem a little jaded. Not sure if that's the right word.

The semifinals are bowl games. We go to those every year now. I'm saving my money for the natty if we get in that position again.

Pretty stupid question to be honest.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sat 13 Aug 2016 - 15:43

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

The semifinals are bowl games. We go to those every year now. I'm saving my money for the natty if we get in that position again.

Which question is stupid? In my opinion, a CFP "bowl" game isn't the same as a regular bowl game. That's stupid! You have lost your mind!
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Sat 13 Aug 2016 - 16:36

NigelUno wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Which question is stupid?  In my opinion, a CFP "bowl" game isn't the same as a regular bowl game. That's stupid!  You have lost your mind!

I'm sorry you got mad over me calling you out on your stupid argument. Try harder next time. Or better yet, don't try at all.

Looking forward to you bringing this up in a bunch of other threads like you always do when your feelings are hurt.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sat 13 Aug 2016 - 16:45

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Which question is stupid?  In my opinion, a CFP "bowl" game isn't the same as a regular bowl game. That's stupid!  You have lost your mind!

I'm sorry you got mad over me calling you out on your stupid argument. Try harder next time. Or better yet, don't try at all.

Looking forward to you bringing this up in a bunch of other threads like you always do when your feelings are hurt.

"otpt was saving up to watch the Gold medal game."

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sat 13 Aug 2016 - 16:50

CORNER BLITZ wrote:

He's a Spartan otpt.

Last year I skipped a wedding to go to the Oregon game. But that was the best home game on the schedule. This is third best. It's harder to skip, but it also means that other than the goddamn furman game I won't be at a home game until October What football games are you going to this year? - Page 2 1f625

Not only do we have some recent classics against Wisconsin, that is also the Hall of Fame game so there will be a nice Sadler tribute. Not sure I would call that the 3rd best game of the year

You're not helping me justify missing it otpt.

Though.... I don't think you can drop it below um or OSU. Those are both division games afterall
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sat 13 Aug 2016 - 16:54

That's CB bro bro. I'm with you - UofM then OSU then Wiscy then BYU?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sat 13 Aug 2016 - 18:25

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

"otpt was saving up to watch the Gold medal game."

That was a good one.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! Sat 13 Aug 2016 - 19:09

NigelUno wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Which question is stupid? In my opinion, a CFP "bowl" game isn't the same as a regular bowl game. That's stupid! You have lost your mind!

We should have a swill tailgate for the Michigan game and invite this lunatic to show up. When he does I'll pull out the bucket full of buttersocks abd we can all proceed to nail him like they do to the Marine who doesn't fall in line. It could be our own little full metal jacket. Nigel screaming in pain and rolling around on the ground.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sat 13 Aug 2016 - 20:11

Note to self:

Count OTPT and Pylon out for suite tickets at the CFP/Peach Semi.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sun 14 Aug 2016 - 1:53

Should I pull the trigger on tickets for @ND for like $200 each?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next