Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is this trooper being a dick or doing his job?

+16
Phil McCrackin
Mentalstate
BRODSON
MSULordyoda
Giant Moose
duffy munn
SawGreen
xsanguine
Big Ten Referee
Ass Dan
Masturbates
Cameron
Cym Jim
TheBobcat
Three_Putt_Par
DWags
20 posters

Go down

Is this trooper being a dick or doing his job?   Empty Is this trooper being a dick or doing his job?

Post by DWags 2014-05-21, 01:03

Prosecutor thinks he's a dick.  

Trooper pulls gun on 18 year old girl who was doing 77 in a 55
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Is this trooper being a dick or doing his job?   Empty Re: Is this trooper being a dick or doing his job?

Post by Three_Putt_Par 2014-05-21, 01:21

Being a dick or just showing bad judgment. Seems pretty clear she wasn't trying to flee. If he's that paranoid of being shot in that situation maybe he should reconsider his profession.
Three_Putt_Par
Three_Putt_Par
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Is this trooper being a dick or doing his job?   Empty Re: Is this trooper being a dick or doing his job?

Post by Three_Putt_Par 2014-05-21, 01:27

Cop says he chased her for 2 miles. 35 seconds at 77 MPH means it was more like a half mile.
Three_Putt_Par
Three_Putt_Par
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBobcat 2014-05-21, 01:29

Cops need to he held responsible for crap like this. Respect the profession, but be a professional.
TheBobcat
TheBobcat
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2014-05-21, 01:56

Both. Being a dick is his job.
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2014-05-21, 01:57

He's not a dick, he's a pussy. Well, okay, he's both. Cops have a dangerous job, but they don't get to draw down on anyone they want simply because their nuts have shriveled up. Cops have an important job, so important that only the best among us should be doing it. If you are too big of a coward to accept the inherent risk, do something else with your life. Take this pussy's badge away.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Masturbates 2014-05-21, 02:01

He pulled his gun out on a girl. Fuc k this prick, throw him in jail
Masturbates
Masturbates
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2014-05-21, 04:14

Masturbates wrote:He pulled his gun out on a girl. Fuc k this prick, throw him in jail

Pretty reasonable take on the situation
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ten Referee 2014-05-21, 05:07

The review by a prosecuting attorney to decide whether or not felony charges should be pursued is strong evidence that this cop was venturing into behaviors that his badge cannot protect. I honestly feel this should be zero tolerance and the firearms he has been issued should be confiscated. If the department has a position open that does not require carrying a department issued firearm, then allow him to apply for that job. If not, then terminate him.
Big Ten Referee
Big Ten Referee
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2014-05-21, 05:31

I don't know how to feel about this. I try to side with police on issues like this, I have a family member who is an officer and I was raised to respect them and be treated with respect in turn. However, 35 seconds isn't that long to be chasing someone. Obviously the girl should have pulled over and she was lying when she said she didn't see him, I just can't see how it was necessary for him to pull his gun out.  

I really hate bashing police, but this guy probably needs to be let go before he makes a mistake and kills someone for speeding or an improper turn or something.

Last edited by Ass Dan on 2014-05-21, 07:55; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : autocorrect blows)
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-05-21, 07:38

Ass Dan wrote:I don't know how to feel about this. I try to side with police on issues like this, I have a family member who is an officer and I was raised to respect them and be treated with respect in turn. However, 35 seconds isn't that long to be chasing someone. Obviously the girl should have pulled over and she was lying when age stuff she didn't see him, I just can't see how it was necessary for him to pull his gun out.  

I really hate bashing police, but tis gut probably needs to be let go before he makes a mistake and kills someone for speeding our an improper turn or something.

Yeah, I can see where the cops are paranoid. But don't they have loud speakers in the car? Can they say to the person, "Come out with your hands up" type thing so they don't have to pull their gun? I don't know, it's a tough job, but this guy seemed to be a bit over the line.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2014-05-21, 07:57

Cym Jim wrote:Both. Being a dick is his job.

+1.

Being a cop, by definition, is to get paid to be jackbooted thug with insecurities.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2014-05-21, 08:01

Cameron wrote:He's not a dick, he's a pussy. Well, okay, he's both. Cops have a dangerous job, but they don't get to draw down on anyone they want simply because their nuts have shriveled up. Cops have an important job, so important that only the best among us should be doing it. If you are too big of a coward to accept the inherent risk, do something else with your life. Take this pussy's badge away.

The best among us realize, however, that if you want to have a positive impact on society, being a cop is virtually the last thing to get involved in. So since it's basically an exercise in masturbation through violence over your fellow man... the "best among us" stay as far away as we can from subjecting our fellow citizens to them.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2014-05-21, 08:04

xsanguine wrote:

The best among us realize, however, that if you want to have a positive impact on society, being a cop is virtually the last thing to get involved in. So since it's basically an exercise in masturbation through violence over your fellow man... the "best among us" stay as far away as we can from subjecting our fellow citizens to them.

You're getting dangerously close to sounding like a big time bitch.
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2014-05-21, 08:18

TheBobcat wrote:Cops need to he held responsible for crap like this. Respect the profession, but be a professional.

Like this?
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-cJ2ysN46hA

SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2014-05-21, 08:28

SawGreen wrote:

Like this?
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-cJ2ysN46hA

What a dick.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2014-05-21, 08:38

Unfortunately, I feel like stuff like this will lead to more speed cameras.

Speed cameras still help control driver speed, still can generate revenue, and would help avoid confrontations like this over something minor like speeding.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSULordyoda 2014-05-21, 10:09

Three_Putt_Par wrote:Being a dick or just showing bad judgment. Seems pretty clear she wasn't trying to flee. If he's that paranoid of being shot in that situation maybe he should reconsider his profession.

Yep...I understand there are risks and it's always a possibility but if you're that paranoid about it, it may not be the right career choice for you.
MSULordyoda
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-05-21, 10:57

xsanguine wrote:

Except when you need one. Then they're aight.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by BRODSON 2014-05-21, 11:20

is the chick hot?
BRODSON
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentalstate 2014-05-21, 13:08

His excuse is bullshit because you know he ran the plate. He got pissed that his authority was challenged for 35 seconds, and he reacted.
Mentalstate
Mentalstate
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil McCrackin 2014-05-21, 13:56

I would not be very happy if I were pulled over for speeding and the cop cuffed and stuffed me at gunpoint. This seems excessive and the cop should not be doing traffic stops if this is how he handles these situations.

The video shows about 10 seconds from the beginning until both cars are completely stopped. When the video starts, the cop is pretty far away from the car and quickly catches up.

I'm guessing the other 25 seconds leading up to this involved the cop flipping on the lights, turning around and/or pulling out and accelerating into the roadway and catching up with her, rather than actually "chasing" for a full 35 seconds.

Phil McCrackin
Phil McCrackin
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil McCrackin 2014-05-21, 13:59

Mentalstate wrote:His excuse is bullshit because you know he ran the plate. He got pissed that his authority was challenged for 35 seconds, and he reacted.

Not sure about "running the plate". Anyone know how long it takes to do that?
There are only about 10 seconds between the cars stopping and the cop getting out with his gun drawn. I don't know that he would've been close enough to see the plate number prior to that.

I'm also not sure what "running the plate" has to do with the way he acted.

Phil McCrackin
Phil McCrackin
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jethro Bodeen 2014-05-21, 14:06

Cameron wrote:He's not a dick, he's a pussy. Well, okay, he's both. Cops have a dangerous job, but they don't get to draw down on anyone they want simply because their nuts have shriveled up. Cops have an important job, so important that only the best among us should be doing it. If you are too big of a coward to accept the inherent risk, do something else with your life. Take this pussy's badge away.

Damn straight. The officer is a pussy. No one wants cops shot, but even if they pulled guns on everyone they came into contact with, there would still be cop shootings. You don't want cowards like that given a gun and authority. He was looking for one false move in order to plug that girl. Sickening.
Jethro Bodeen
Jethro Bodeen
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jethro Bodeen 2014-05-21, 14:13

DWags wrote:

Yeah, I can see where the cops are paranoid.  But don't they have loud speakers in the car?  Can they say to the person, "Come out with your hands up" type thing so they don't have to pull their gun?   I don't know, it's a tough job, but this guy seemed to be a bit over the line.

He's a panzy-ass punk. Based on his excuse, he's a chicken-shit that doesn't deserve a badge. Its a tough job and its not for everyone.
Jethro Bodeen
Jethro Bodeen
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2014-05-21, 14:33

This trooper simply should no longer be a police officer.

Being a police officer entails accepting a certain amount of risk that is inherent in the job.  When you can no longer make good decisions because of that inherent risk, you cannot remain in that position.

Last edited by MSU addict on 2014-05-21, 15:17; edited 1 time in total
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Biff Tannen 2014-05-21, 14:35

Ass Dan wrote:

so are you
Biff Tannen
Biff Tannen
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2014-05-21, 14:53

Ass Dan wrote:

Why... because I don't believe in being paid to be an insecure bully and enforce bullshit laws for a living?

Tell me more...
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2014-05-21, 14:55

DWags wrote:

Except when you need one.  Then they're aight.

Yeah... we all need someone to write out a report and file it. Sometimes you get lucky, but in most instances cops don't arrive until after the damage is done.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Masturbates 2014-05-22, 00:34

Looks like Ass Dan has a major league hard on for a man in uniform, nttwat
Masturbates
Masturbates
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by RubberbandMan 2014-05-22, 01:22

Standard operating procedure for small time cops on a power trip.
RubberbandMan
RubberbandMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down