Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kap sitting for the National Anthem

+24
duffy munn
xsanguine
Snake Plissken
GRR Spartan
kingstonlake
DWags
aualum06
Watch Out Pylon!
tGreenWay
StylesGShmooth
Cameron
Turtleneck
TheReal_LWS
The_Dude
P Rob
InTenSity
Floyd Robertson
Travis of the Cosmos
Other Teams Pursuing That
I.B. Fine
Rocinante
Tim Wakefield
Robert J Sakimano
NigelUno
28 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Kap sitting for the National Anthem - Page 5 Empty Re: Kap sitting for the National Anthem

Post by Guest 2016-08-31, 13:11

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Calm down goose. Stop freaking out. It's making us all uncomfortable.

The last time I freaked out was 10/17/15.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Kap sitting for the National Anthem - Page 5 Empty Re: Kap sitting for the National Anthem

Post by MiamiSpartan 2016-08-31, 13:28

Kap has the right to decide what's important to him. And police offers killing unarmed African-Americans is obviously a terrible thing. But just in the week since this national anthem sitting blew up, kids have been getting killed left and right down here. An 8 year old girl walking with her dad. A 15 year old (along with a 22 year old) that were attending a wake...a wake for a 19 year old. An 18 year old girl (along with a 17 year old boy who was shot, but survived). One or two other non-teenage adults have been killed in this time, too.

Again, that's just the past few days, in what has been a very tragic past year or so, when it comes to kids and teens being killed in South Florida. And it's hardly exclusive to down here.

All in this past week were African-American, I believe. None were killed by the police. Black Lives Matter. All Black Lives. It shouldn't be BLMWSBPO (Black Lives Matter When Shot By Police Officers).

I know it feels especially bad when Police do the shooting because they're supposed to Serve and Protect. But damn, innocent kids getting killed walking down the street or attending a wake is pretty fucking terrible, too. Where's the national outrage? Which athletes are getting a national media coverage for protesting that? Kap, what about the oppression of black kids by those in their own community?

I don't know, I apologize if I'm sounding all high and mighty, and really don't mean to start a big thing about black-on-black murders (sounds way too Dude-ish), but when you see a new story like this practically every day, it's fucking heartbreaking. I am not minimizing police shootings at ALL, but this is at least just as worthy of attention, as it's happening a lot of places other than just Miami.

tl;dr - Black Lives Matter--no, ALL lives matter, regardless of who is pulling the trigger.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-08-31, 13:30

Funny how he's now trying to take a stand about something when his NFL career is over lol. Too transparent.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-08-31, 13:32

The_Dude wrote:Funny how he's now trying to take a stand about something when his NFL career is over lol. Too transparent.

Not sure you should be commenting on what is transparent.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-31, 13:34

MiamiSpartan wrote:Kap has the right to decide what's important to him. And police offers killing unarmed African-Americans is obviously a terrible thing. But just in the week since this national anthem sitting blew up, kids have been getting killed left and right down here. An 8 year old girl walking with her dad. A 15 year old (along with a 22 year old) that were attending a wake...a wake for a 19 year old. An 18 year old girl (along with a 17 year old boy who was shot, but survived). One or two other non-teenage adults have been killed in this time, too.

Again, that's just the past few days, in what has been a very tragic past year or so, when it comes to kids and teens being killed in South Florida. And it's hardly exclusive to down here.

All in this past week were African-American, I believe. None were killed by the police. Black Lives Matter. All Black Lives. It shouldn't be BLMWSBPO (Black Lives Matter When Shot By Police Officers).

I know it feels especially bad when Police do the shooting because they're supposed to Serve and Protect. But damn, innocent kids getting killed walking down the street or attending a wake is pretty fucking terrible, too. Where's the national outrage? Which athletes are getting a national media coverage for protesting that? Kap, what about the oppression of black kids by those in their own community?

I don't know, I apologize if I'm sounding all high and mighty, and really don't mean to start a big thing about black-on-black murders (sounds way too Dude-ish), but when you see a new story like this practically every day, it's fucking heartbreaking. I am not minimizing police shootings at ALL, but this is at least just as worthy of attention, as it's happening a lot of places other than just Miami.

tl;dr - Black Lives Matter--no, ALL lives matter, regardless of who is pulling the trigger.
but some matter more than others.

sincerely,

racists

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2016-08-31, 13:35

The_Dude wrote:Funny how he's now trying to take a stand about something when his NFL career is over lol. Too transparent.
Dammit, ...Nigel... beat me to pointing out the irony of your calling someone else transparent.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-08-31, 13:36

LooseGoose wrote:Now it's revealed what fucked him up.....

Kaepernick goes vegan, but claims it hasn’t led to muscle loss

Colin Kaepernick’s refusal to stand for the national anthem has overshadowed what may be a more important issue to the 49ers: He has significantly declined as a player. One reason for that decline may be his loss of muscle mass.

That loss of muscle mass is obvious to anyone who looks at him: Kaepernick, who was once so muscular that then-49ers coach Jim Harbaugh worried that his huge muscles could affect his throwing motion, now looks skinny.

And yet Kaepernick, who confirmed to reporters that he went vegan nine months ago, claims he hasn’t lost any body mass. That’s hard to believe not only because he looks so much skinnier but also because it’s hard for anyone not to lose muscle when on a vegan diet because protein is essential to maintaining muscle mass and most protein sources are animal-based. (Former NFL tight end Tony Gonzalez briefly tried a vegan diet during his playing career but started eating meat again after he lost too much weight.)

Cue Bobby up for saying I'm "freaking out" over this.

Jesus, Goose, take a Xanax already and stop freaking out.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-31, 13:37

I always say "if you ever want a lecture on black on black crime, just bring up cops shooting unarmed black people.. suddenly white people become very concerned with the lives of black folks"..

Kap sitting for the National Anthem - Page 5 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-31, 13:38

Robert J Sakimano wrote:but some matter more than others. sincerely, racists

Kap sitting for the National Anthem - Page 5 BLM-seattle
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-31, 13:39

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I always say "if you ever want a lecture on black on black crime, just bring up cops shooting unarmed black people.. suddenly white people become very concerned with the lives of black folks"..

The Cool Thing About Me

Kap sitting for the National Anthem - Page 5 Sqplnizipvndcsrvuu3j
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-31, 13:41

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:but some matter more than others. sincerely, racists

if only colored people would learn to protest more peacefully.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-08-31, 13:47

MiamiSpartan wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Grapes should stick to hockey and fashion. As much as I like and respect his beloved Canada, he has no concept of, nor appreciation for, the American First Amendment. Canada's lack of a right to free speech is disheartening.
You see the incredible irony of what you posted, don't you?

Or am I in the 10% (I can never tell when you're serious or not).

No irony involved, no 10%ing, either. I made no such declarative statement. It was a respectful "he should stick to what he knows best. Unlike some posters, for example - the douche - I work at maintaining a self awareness.
I do wish I'd made my comment more clearly, because I can see how you might note the irony. My only excuse is that I haven't eaten meat in months, and I've obviously lost critical brain function.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-08-31, 13:47

Cameron wrote:
Dammit, ...Nigel... beat me to pointing out the irony of your calling someone else transparent.

I don't get it
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-31, 13:51

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

if only colored people would learn to protest more peacefully.

lol, I doubted that you'd want to talk about BLM shouting Bernie down for saying all lives matter since that would fit your racist definition above. But nice swerve attempt.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-08-31, 14:00

Tim Wakefield wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Vegans: People we can all hate together. The only thing worse than a vegan is a vegan that does crossfit.

Kap sitting for the National Anthem - Page 5 Vegan_10

Or is that the college kid that needs to tell everybody how many beers he drank the night before?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-31, 14:00

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:if only colored people would learn to protest more peacefully.

lol, I doubted that you'd want to talk about BLM shouting Bernie down for saying all lives matter since that would fit your racist definition above. But nice swerve attempt.

we can talk about colored people all you want.. just wait 'til November when we Make America White Again and they'll finally get put in their place.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-08-31, 14:02

I look forward to the day some of you motherfuckers judge people on more of an individual basis rather than common stereotypes. It's 2016, wake the fuck up.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-31, 14:03

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I look forward to the day some of you motherfuckers judge people on more of an individual basis rather than common stereotypes. It's 2016, wake the fuck up.
until me and LooseGoose work to Make America White Again, we'll wake up. Until then, we will not rest.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-08-31, 14:10

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:if only colored people would learn to protest more peacefully.

Bob never engages in actual debate. He simply states his opinion and mocks those that don't share it.

Are you new ?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-31, 14:16

duffy munn wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Bob never engages in actual debate. He simply states his opinion and mocks those that don't share it.

Are you new ?
because internet message boards are widely known as a paragon of respectful debate that always ends in building a moral consensus.

(now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to be outraged with LooseGoose about some colored boy participating in free speech and disrespecting 'Merica).

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2016-08-31, 14:20

tGreenWay wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:
You see the incredible irony of what you posted, don't you?

Or am I in the 10% (I can never tell when you're serious or not).

No irony involved, no 10%ing, either. I made no such declarative statement. It was a respectful "he should stick to what he knows best. Unlike some posters, for example - the douche - I work at maintaining a self awareness.
I do wish I'd made my comment more clearly, because I can see how you might note the irony. My only excuse is that I haven't eaten meat in months, and I've obviously lost critical brain function.
The irony is that you were saying what Grapes should be talking about/doing....just like he was saying what Kap should be saying/doing.

The additional irony is that you were saying that Cherry has no concept of the First Amendment, when you're clearly misusing it as well by even bringing it up in relation to what Cherry said. Did he say anything that would even suggest that the government take any action against Kaepernick? The First Amendment protects us from the GOVERNMENT infringing on our right to free speech. The First Amendment does not protect us from other people disagreeing with us, respectfully or disrespectfully. People on the interwebs seem to wrongly play the First Amendment card quite a bit, and I'm not sure if it's just hyperbole or mis-understanding.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-08-31, 14:22

MiamiSpartan wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

The irony is that you were saying what Grapes should be talking about/doing....just like he was saying what Kap should be saying/doing.

The additional irony is that you were saying that Cherry has no concept of the First Amendment, when you're clearly misusing it as well by even bringing it up in relation to what Cherry said. Did he say anything that would even suggest that the government take any action against Kaepernick? The First Amendment protects us from the GOVERNMENT infringing on our right to free speech. The First Amendment does not protect us from other people disagreeing with us, respectfully or disrespectfully. People on the interwebs seem to wrongly play the First Amendment card quite a bit, and I'm not sure if it's just hyperbole or mis-understanding.

I think it's because we have a right to say whatever we want by smoky being born in America and people frown upon others when they try to take that away.

But yeah, work for a private company and bad mouth your boss on Twitter? You gone. Work as a government employee and bad mouth your boss? Free speech.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-08-31, 14:22

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I look forward to the day some of you motherfuckers judge people on more of an individual basis rather than common stereotypes. It's 2016, wake the fuck up.

Stop playing the enlightened card.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-08-31, 14:24

The_Dude wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

I think it's because we have a right to say whatever we want by smoky being born in America and people frown upon others when they try to take that away.

But yeah, work for a private company and bad mouth your boss on Twitter? You gone. Work as a government employee and bad mouth your boss? Free speech.

"smoky"? Who is "smoky"?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2016-08-31, 14:29

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I always say "if you ever want a lecture on black on black crime, just bring up cops shooting unarmed black people.. suddenly white people become very concerned with the lives of black folks"..

Fuck off, Bob. I've never once dismissed or downplayed the police shootings, so take your bullshit assumptions elsewhere. My only point was that Kaepernick and so many others should realize that the outrage should not stop at police shootings. I didn't bring it up as a "well, blacks kill blacks, too" argument, but rather talking about a string of kids that have been killed in just one city in the last fucking week alone. If you want to turn that into some bullshit defense of police officers that killed unarmed blacks, then fuck right the hell off.

Cue your sarcastic response that refuses to address any actual issue.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-31, 14:40

The most amusing part of Bob's posts are his neverending references to "outraged" people without any examples of actual outrage.   IF he really wanted examples of mindless outrage he should attend more lefty rallies.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-31, 14:43

MiamiSpartan wrote:

Fuck off, Bob. I've never once dismissed or downplayed the police shootings, so take your bullshit assumptions elsewhere. My only point was that Kaepernick and so many others should realize that the outrage should not stop at police shootings. I didn't bring it up as a "well, blacks kill blacks, too" argument, but rather talking about a string of kids that have been killed in just one city in the last fucking week alone. If you want to turn that into some bullshit defense of police officers that killed unarmed blacks, then fuck right the hell off.

I didn't quote you, didn't even reference you.. wasn't even talking about you.. but thanks for your obscenity-laced lecture anyway.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-31, 14:45

LooseGoose wrote:The most amusing part of Bob's posts are his neverending references to "outraged" people without any examples of actual outrage.   IF he really wanted examples of mindless outrage he should attend more lefty rallies.
if only someone were outraged enough by my posts to move that I be banned..

oh well - glad you find my posts amusing and would never stoop to such levels.

#MakeAmericaWhiteAgain

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2016-08-31, 14:46

The_Dude wrote:
Cameron wrote:

I don't get it

I'm not surprised.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2016-08-31, 14:49

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

I didn't quote you, didn't even reference you.. wasn't even talking about you.. but thanks for your obscenity-laced lecture anyway.
Yet you post that 9 minutes after I bring up that exact same issue, when no one else has mentioned it (at least on the last couple of pages). mmm, ok, just a coincidence I suppose? If that's truly the case, then I'm sure you can understand how/why I may have surmised that you were referring to my post?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-08-31, 14:50

vote otpt for board high chancellor!!
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-08-31, 14:52

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Are you new ?
because internet message boards are widely known as a paragon of respectful debate that always ends in building a moral consensus.

(now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to be outraged with LooseGoose about some colored boy participating in free speech and disrespecting 'Merica).

Point proven.

Go back to your regularly scheduled righteous mocking.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-08-31, 14:55

NigelUno wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

"smoky"?  Who is "smoky"?

Guessing a term for colored people. Or black animals, not sure which.

Last edited by duffy munn on 2016-08-31, 15:14; edited 1 time in total
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-31, 14:59

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I didn't quote you, didn't even reference you.. wasn't even talking about you.. but thanks for your obscenity-laced lecture anyway.
Yet you post that 9 minutes after I bring up that exact same issue, when no one else has mentioned it (at least on the last couple of pages). mmm, ok, just a coincidence I suppose? If that's truly the case, then I'm sure you can understand how/why I may have surmised that you were referring to my post?
sure, dude.

(thanks for the more rational, obscenity-free response.. you're a great American and a damn fine Spartan).
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-31, 14:59

duffy munn wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:because internet message boards are widely known as a paragon of respectful debate that always ends in building a moral consensus.

Point proven.

thank you.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-08-31, 15:06

Rocinante wrote:

Levelheadedness does not seem to be a common trait among older folk. So interesting.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-08-31, 15:13

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Point proven.

thank you.
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Point proven.

thank you.

This may be stupid question which I doubt you will answer but does your message board schtick reflect the way you are in real life ?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-31, 15:14

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

Levelheadedness does not seem to be a common trait among older folk. So interesting.

Nah, we're not able to be calm and levelheaded while wishing an entire age group would die like some.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-31, 15:16

duffy munn wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:thank you.
Robert J Sakimano wrote:thank you.

This may be stupid question which I doubt you will answer but does your message board schtick reflect the way you are in real life ?
I don't know... I've been told that in real life I'm much less handsome than people might imagine.. "hideous" is the word most often used.

in general, beyond my hideous appearance, I do enjoy needling at people that are easily needled at. Admittedly, it's not one of my better qualities.. maybe I'll be able to focus once football season begins. I'm so excited I can barely stand it.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-08-31, 15:20

LooseGoose wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Nah, we're not able to be calm and levelheaded while wishing an entire age group would die like some.

Rolling Eyes You're going to die. You're going to die.

Learn to accept it. You won't know when - because you'll be dead.

And yes - I'm ready for your generations' thought processes, ideas, etc, to go away. Maybe there will be less hate towards vegans, black people protesting, etc, etc.

Oh and confederate flags. Those can go away too.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next