Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lansing Chick-Fil-A Opens October 13th..

+16
GRR Spartan
CheesySpartan
kingstonlake
Rocinante
Other Teams Pursuing That
Watch Out Pylon!
SomeFanName
TheReal_LWS
Snake Plissken
Cameron
CORNER BLITZ
tGreenWay
Travis of the Cosmos
Clarett's Folly
Death Roe
Robert J Sakimano
20 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Lansing Chick-Fil-A Opens October 13th..  Empty Lansing Chick-Fil-A Opens October 13th..

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-09-13, 13:36

I'm not sure when the line forms for the fine, moral, patriotic health-conscious folks who will no doubt be there, but I'm guessing pretty soon.

32X32
5'10"
168 lbs
RHR = 42 bpm
BP = 116/68 mmHg

Lansing Chick-Fil-A Opens October 13th

(if this post offends you, I'm truly sorry - please accept my deepest apologies)

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Lansing Chick-Fil-A Opens October 13th..  Empty Re: Lansing Chick-Fil-A Opens October 13th..

Post by Death Roe 2016-09-13, 13:38

Thanks for the info, Erik.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Lansing Chick-Fil-A Opens October 13th..  Empty Re: Lansing Chick-Fil-A Opens October 13th..

Post by Clarett's Folly 2016-09-13, 13:41

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'm not sure when the line forms for the fine, moral, patriotic health-conscious folks who will no doubt be there, but I'm guessing pretty soon.

32X32
5'10"
168 lbs
RHR = 42 bpm
BP = 116/68 mmHg

(if this post offends you, I'm truly sorry - please accept my deepest apologies)

Is that resting heart rate for real?
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-09-13, 13:43

Clarett's Folly wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'm not sure when the line forms for the fine, moral, patriotic health-conscious folks who will no doubt be there, but I'm guessing pretty soon.

32X32
5'10"
168 lbs
RHR = 42 bpm
BP = 116/68 mmHg

yeah.. when I was younger it wasn't unusual to be in the upper 30's when I woke up in the morning.

I'm an aerobic machine.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2016-09-13, 13:45

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:

yeah.. when I was younger it wasn't unusual to be in the upper 30's when I woke up in the morning.

I'm an aerobic machine.

Damn, dude. You're a beast (or, in the morning, a corpse).
Congrats, that's some fine cardiovascular health.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-09-13, 13:49

Clarett's Folly wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:yeah.. when I was younger it wasn't unusual to be in the upper 30's when I woke up in the morning.

I'm an aerobic machine.

Lansing Chick-Fil-A Opens October 13th..  502811600

thanks - I guess if you stimulate the vagus nerve enough the parasympathetic nervous system will naturally lower the heart rate to what is potentially a dangerous level of bradycardia. Mine has always been a function of cardiac efficiency versus a pathological diagnosis.

between that and working on lactate threshold, I've had many moments of glory as it relates to aerobic performance.

(not really.. but I have always been healthy from a cardiovascular standpoint).
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-09-13, 13:53

56x26
5'7
457 lbs
RHR 47
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-09-13, 13:55

Clarett's Folly wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:yeah.. when I was younger it wasn't unusual to be in the upper 30's when I woke up in the morning.

I'm an aerobic machine.

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2016-09-13, 13:57

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:

thanks - I guess if you stimulate the vagus nerve enough the parasympathetic nervous system will naturally lower the heart rate to what is potentially a dangerous level of bradycardia. Mine has always been a function of cardiac efficiency versus a pathological diagnosis.

Okay, as much as I'd like to decipher this via an afternoon of internet research I have work to do, but I still have genuine curiosity. Is there a layman's way of explaining the above statement?
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-09-13, 14:04

Clarett's Folly wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Okay, as much as I'd like to decipher this via an afternoon of internet research I have work to do, but I still have genuine curiosity. Is there a layman's way of explaining the above statement?
basically the more aerobic training you do, the more the parasympathetic nervous system is stimulated. It's, in part, responsible for our body's involuntary responses.. (there's probably a better way to say it) - so the more efficient your body becomes (think transporting oxygen to working muscles, etc), the less demand is placed on the cardiac system, the respiratory system, etc.. so it functions at a lower level.

That is a good thing.

And the lactate threshold comment is simply your ability to transport lactic acid - a byproduct of metabolism - out of the blood, thereby increasing it's efficiency, as well.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2016-09-13, 21:09

Never been, will definitely go though

32X32 sometimes 33x33 depending on how they cut the legs. Legs and ass of 34s are the best, but waist is too large
5'11ish
194 lbs
RHR = 60 after working all day and working out, believe it's usually 50s
BP = haven't checked in a while

CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2016-09-13, 21:19

32X32
5'10"
168 lbs
RHR = 42 bpm
BP = 116/68 mmHg

That post did offend me, Bob, but after such a nice apology, I'm over it.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-09-14, 08:13

Cameron wrote:

32X32
5'10"
168 lbs
RHR = 42 bpm
BP = 116/68 mmHg

That post did offend me, Bob, but after such a nice apology, I'm over it.
thanks, man.. there are some fragile little snowflakes here.. get their feelings hurt so easily. Rolling Eyes

it's fun watching them try to get you banned, though. Lansing Chick-Fil-A Opens October 13th..  502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2016-09-14, 08:37

Do their chickens hate the gays too?
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2016-09-14, 08:38

Snake Plissken wrote:Do their chickens hate the gays too?

ID10T
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2016-09-14, 08:40

TheReal_LWS wrote:

ID10T
Well we know your right wing, religious nut job self hates gays so I'm sure you'll be first in line for a sammich. You're a worthless turd.
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-09-14, 08:40

Snake Plissken wrote:Do their chickens h8 the gays too?

FIFY
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-09-14, 08:41

they only deep-fry straight chickens for their customers who honor Him.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-09-14, 08:44

Snake Plissken wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:

ID10T
Well we know your right wing, religious nut job self hates gays so I'm sure you'll be first in line for a sammich. You're a worthless turd.

Lol eviscerated
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2016-09-14, 08:56

Snake Plissken wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:

ID10T

Ahhh. I sowwy that someone disagrees with your worldview. Poor baby.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeFanName 2016-09-14, 09:10

TheReal_LWS wrote:
Snake Plissken wrote:

Ahhh. I sowwy that someone disagrees with your worldview. Poor baby.

Religion isn't a point of view, it's an escape from having one

Lansing Chick-Fil-A Opens October 13th..  Tumblr_la90gvsVhR1qafxgdo1_500
SomeFanName
SomeFanName
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2016-09-14, 09:11

[quote="SomeFanName"][quote="TheReal_LWS"]

Ahhh. I sowwy that someone disagrees with your worldview. Poor baby.[/quote]

Religion isn't a point of view, it's an escape from having one

[img]http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/011/713/tumblr_la90gvsVhR1qafxgdo1_500.jpg[/img][/quote]

Good one! Based on your post I am now ready to disavow my previously held beliefs.............

Last edited by TheReal_LWS on 2016-09-14, 09:24; edited 1 time in total
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-09-14, 09:17

in an ironic twist, it's kinda funny to think of the religious zealots who will frequent Chick-Fil-A and, therefore, get to meet Him in the kingdom of heaven sooner than originally thought.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-09-14, 09:36

LWS's thoughts on Chick-Fil-A when talking to God at an afterlife party:

God: Hello my son, did you try my chicken when your mortal body was on Earth?
LWS: Yes my savior. It was very tasty.
God: That shit was tight, right?
LWS: My Lord, the swears!
God: Fuck son, this is heaven, you don't need to be on your best behavior any more. Now hit this shit. (Hands LWS a bong).
LWS: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-09-14, 09:37

Now that sounds like a heaven I can get behind.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-09-14, 09:46

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Now that sounds like a heaven I can get behind.

"Get behind? I only know missionary."

-LWS
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2016-09-14, 10:59

Death Roe wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Now that sounds like a heaven I can get behind.

"Get behind? I only know missionary with the lights off."

-LWS
FIFY
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-09-14, 11:00

Snake Plissken wrote:
Death Roe wrote:

"Get behind? I only know missionary with the lights off, and my underwear still on."

-LWS
FIFY

FIFY
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-09-14, 11:48

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Snake Plissken wrote:
FIFY

FIFY

Okay....Lansing Chick-Fil-A Opens October 13th..  502811600
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-09-14, 11:50

gHost Spartan wrote:
Snake Plissken wrote:Well we know your right wing, religious nut job self hates gays so I'm sure you'll be first in line for a sammich. You're a worthless turd.
Just because the company owner is religious and anti-gay marriage that doesn't mean he hates gays. I've been through this issue a lot of my Mormon friends and many of them oppose homosexuality but love all people, including gays, and really take no issue with it, they just don't believe in it. What's wrong with that? Some people just happen to be more vocal and use their platform to express their views. You can be against gay marriage and not hate gays.
as I suggested earlier, I fully support the religious kooks eating all they can at Chick-Fil-A and, subsequently, facilitating that glorious day when they enter the kingdom of god.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-09-14, 11:51

gHost Spartan wrote:
Snake Plissken wrote:Well we know your right wing, religious nut job self hates gays so I'm sure you'll be first in line for a sammich. You're a worthless turd.
Just because the company owner is religious and anti-interracial marriage that doesn't mean he hates interracial couples. I've been through this issue a lot of my Mormon friends and many of them oppose interracial marriage but love all people, including interracial couples, and really take no issue with it, they just don't believe in it. What's wrong with that? Some people just happen to be more vocal and use their platform to express their views. You can be against interracial marriage and not hate interracial couples.

I just changed a couple words, tell me if your statement is still valid.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-09-14, 11:52

gHost Spartan wrote:
Just because the company owner is religious and anti-gay marriage that doesn't mean he hates gays. I've been through this issue a lot of my Mormon friends and many of them oppose homosexuality but love all people, including gays, and really take no issue with it, they just don't believe in it. What's wrong with that? Some people just happen to be more vocal and use their platform to express their views. You can be against gay marriage and not hate gays.

You must have missed the memo. Anything or anyone you oppose you hate. The new reality in Progressive politics.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-09-14, 11:54

LooseGoose wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote: Just because the company owner is religious and anti-gay marriage that doesn't mean he hates gays. I've been through this issue a lot of my Mormon friends and many of them oppose homosexuality but love all people, including gays, and really take no issue with it, they just don't believe in it. What's wrong with that? Some people just happen to be more vocal and use their platform to express their views. You can be against gay marriage and not hate gays.

You must have missed the memo. Anything or anyone you oppose you hate. The new reality in Progressive politics.

You can't "oppose" homosexuality. It's not a viewpoint. It;s a reality. It exists. Acknowledge people's right to exist, or you deny their basic human rights. Denying basic human rights to people based on how they were born = hate.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-09-14, 11:54

gHost Spartan wrote:
Snake Plissken wrote:

I'm not sure you're really up to speed on Chick fil A.

Bob?  Can you help him out?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-09-14, 11:55

LooseGoose wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote: Just because the company owner is religious and anti-gay marriage that doesn't mean he hates gays. I've been through this issue a lot of my Mormon friends and many of them oppose homosexuality but love all people, including gays, and really take no issue with it, they just don't believe in it. What's wrong with that? Some people just happen to be more vocal and use their platform to express their views. You can be against gay marriage and not hate gays.

Bob? Here's another one for you. Good Luck.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-09-14, 12:01

Chic fil a sandwiches are fine. I guess. I mean, whatever. They're good. Sure. When I'm out of town and near one I suppose I'll stop there. I guess. If I want chicken.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-09-14, 12:02

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Chic fil a sandwiches are fine. I guess. I mean, whatever. They're good. Sure. When I'm out of town and near one I suppose I'll stop there. I guess. If I want chicken.

Just don't eat at Jimmy Johns. That dude hunts trophy game.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-09-14, 12:02

Rocinante wrote:You can't "oppose" homosexuality. It's not a viewpoint. It;s a reality. It exists. Acknowledge people's right to exist, or you deny their basic human rights. Denying basic human rights to people based on how they were born = hate.

Simple question, preferably with a simple answer. What basic human right is Chick-Fil-A denying to homosexuals?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-09-14, 12:03

Rocinante wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Chic fil a sandwiches are fine. I guess. I mean, whatever. They're good. Sure. When I'm out of town and near one I suppose I'll stop there. I guess. If I want chicken.

Just don't eat at Jimmy Johns. That dude hunts trophy game.

Sometimes I'll eat jimmy johns. They deliver. It's convenient. Fine. Whatever. I guess the sandwich is okay. It's good for a quick lunch when I'm busy. Whatever.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-09-14, 12:04

LooseGoose wrote:
Rocinante wrote:You can't "oppose" homosexuality. It's not a viewpoint. It;s a reality. It exists. Acknowledge people's right to exist, or you deny their basic human rights. Denying basic human rights to people based on how they were born = hate.

Simple question, preferably with a simple answer. What basic human right is Chick-Fil-A denying to homosexuals?

Bob!!! Can you get on this?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next