Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No More Senior Class Gifts to the U

3 posters

Go down

Article No More Senior Class Gifts to the U

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue 20 Sep 2016 - 9:07

Senior class gift will transition to donation, campaign for class of 2017

“I think that there’s a bigger message here, which is how can we make Michigan State better and how can we promote the community better?” Porter said. “A gift is great. You can see the class of 1930 on campus with a bench, but what does that do for the community? It’s great, but we were looking to zone in and figure out what can we do to make the community better, and I think people are realizing that message, which is great.”

A bench or a tree doesn't help the community?

“Last year, while there was still a gift, only 7 percent of our seniors gave,” Matlick said. “So it just wasn’t highlighted across campus, and that’s one of the major things that the Senior Class Council and I really want to focus on this year is bringing attention, or bringing the senior class campaign to the seniors’ attention and realize that it is a tradition that’s been around for a very long time and we want to make sure that the seniors have the opportunity to participate in such a tradition on campus.”

I wonder how close to 1% that will drop of the seniors are only asked to donate money to a cause?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Article Re: No More Senior Class Gifts to the U

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue 20 Sep 2016 - 9:17

Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Article Re: No More Senior Class Gifts to the U

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 20 Sep 2016 - 9:27

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
No More Senior Class Gifts to the U 502811600