Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Serious Question for the age 20-40 set - Softball

+8
Floyd Robertson
Other Teams Pursuing That
Rocinante
Turtleneck
Triple Sparty
Travis of the Cosmos
GRR Spartan
Tim Wakefield
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Serious Question for the age 20-40 set - Softball - Page 2 Empty Re: Serious Question for the age 20-40 set - Softball

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue 27 Sep 2016 - 22:51

In my early/mid 20's I dislocated my knee while lacing a line drive to the gap. Writhing in pain on the ground at home plate and trying to pop my kneecap back into place, the nice guys on the other team hit the cutoff man and threw me out at first before checking on me and stopping the game.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Serious Question for the age 20-40 set - Softball - Page 2 Empty Re: Serious Question for the age 20-40 set - Softball

Post by Turtleneck Tue 27 Sep 2016 - 22:55

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:It's still weird to me when people have daughters and they continue to degrade women. Feel like their perspective would change a bit. Odd.

Just another angry old man. There are a lot of them out there, OTPT.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Tue 27 Sep 2016 - 23:14

Turtleneck wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:It's still weird to me when people have daughters and they continue to degrade women. Feel like their perspective would change a bit. Odd.

Just another angry old man. There are a lot of them out there, OTPT.
Titty pics, vegan bitch
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue 27 Sep 2016 - 23:17

So angry. I bet a cloud got the beating of its life today.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 27 Sep 2016 - 23:30

Turtleneck wrote:23 posts before DWags made this thread about the 70s. Longer than usual.

Sorry wags, but that was a good one. Turtleneck has an occasional gem.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Sep 2016 - 10:40

gHost Spartan wrote:Maybe five years ago, I don't recall the exact year, my neighbor's son saw me unloading my softball gear from my Jeep and he asks "hey gHost, you play softball, we need a couple guys for our team, you interested?" I joined the team, along with two of my other teammates. My neighbor's son is Hispanic so he named the team "Brown Sox" and he bought a bunch of cheap brown Hanes Beefy-T shirts from Walmart and, no shitting, took a thick black Sharpie and drew "Brown Sox" across the front of each tee.

We played in a sort of ghetto league and the teams were really good. We won 3 regular season games. Then playoffs. First game started at 6. I told my wife that I'd be home around 7:15. But something happened - we won our first game. Everything clicked and wow, we were so happy. I texted my wife "we won our first game, be home in an hour!" But we won the second, then the third, suddenly we're in the championship game!

And you couldn't write a better script: Down 1 run in the bottom of the 7th inning. Last ups. I was up first and I got a base hit, single to right field. Earlier in the night I pulled a muscle so I couldn't run. Got to first base. Switched me out for a pinch runner. A few batters later it's 1st and 3rd, 2 outs, down by 1 run. Dude blasts one into right center. It's fielded, one run scores, the next rounds third, it was a play at the plateā€¦ SAFE!!! We won, we were champs!!! It was so awesome!!! We went out for beers and partied!

I retired from softball permanently a few years ago. Our pitcher moved so I started pitching, and got pretty good, but I kept getting nailed with line drives up the middle. Too fucking scary as we also advanced into a higher division and guys were hitting the ball a lot harder. Just didn't want to get hurt anymore.

This story merges the softball thread and the indigenous peoples thread. Great work!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2