Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The "assault" weapons lie continues to fail.

+4
Travis of the Cosmos
Cym Jim
GRR Spartan
Robert J Sakimano
8 posters

Go down

The "assault" weapons lie continues to fail. Empty The "assault" weapons lie continues to fail.

Post by Guest Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:27 pm

Allahpundit ‏@allahpundit 2m2 minutes ago
Gallup: Support for ban on assault weapons hits all-time low http://hotair.com/archives/2016/10/26/gallup-support-ban-assault-weapons-hits-time-low/ …
The "assault" weapons lie continues to fail. Cvuv7QLVUAA4Sz3
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

The "assault" weapons lie continues to fail. Empty Re: The "assault" weapons lie continues to fail.

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:23 am

LooseGoose wrote:Allahpundit ‏@allahpundit 2m2 minutes ago
Gallup: Support for ban on assault weapons hits all-time low http://hotair.com/archives/2016/10/26/gallup-support-ban-assault-weapons-hits-time-low/ …
The "assault" weapons lie continues to fail. Cvuv7QLVUAA4Sz3
thanks for the mainstream media article.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The "assault" weapons lie continues to fail. Empty Re: The "assault" weapons lie continues to fail.

Post by GRR Spartan Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:03 pm

Maybe we see many of the folks who think military style weapons in the hands of civilians will rise up and try to overthrow the government(s) as in state government and Federal.

Then a lot of them will die when they get shot themselves.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:05 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:Maybe we see many of the folks who think military style weapons in the hands of civilians will rise up and try to overthrow the government(s) as in state government and Federal.

MECOSTA COUNTY, MI -- A 23-year-old woman accidentally shot herself in the hip while holstering a handgun in a Walmart parking lot in Big Rapids.

Woman accidentally shoots herself in Wal-Mart parking lot

The "assault" weapons lie continues to fail. 1494614055
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:07 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:Maybe we see many of the folks who think military style weapons in the hands of civilians will rise up and try to overthrow the government(s) as in state government and Federal.

MECOSTA COUNTY, MI -- A 23-year-old woman accidentally shot herself in the hip while holstering a handgun in a Walmart parking lot in Big Rapids.

Do you hate women? Enjoy mocking them? You must since that's the 2nd time you've linked that article.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:13 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Do you hate women? Enjoy mocking them? You must since that's the 2nd time you've linked that article.

a) I don't hate anyone.
b) I do enjoy laughing at/mocking idiots.
c) thanks for noticing.

(I hope this post doesn't offend you).

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:57 pm

The "assault" weapons lie continues to fail. Newtown-Sandy-Hook-Victims-771x450
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:51 pm

Cym Jim wrote:The "assault" weapons lie continues to fail. Newtown-Sandy-Hook-Victims-771x450
I said a long time ago, when Republicans decided it was okay that 20 five and six year olds (and 5 adults) be murdered at school, our country was in trouble.

and I bet if you asked them, most of them are "pro life". Rolling Eyes
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:08 pm

Cym Jim wrote:The "assault" weapons lie continues to fail. Newtown-Sandy-Hook-Victims-771x450

Emotion works for fools. Facts be damned.

The AWB would have done exactly nothing to stop that monster.

But I know it makes you feel better to think so. Carry on.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:46 pm

LooseGoose wrote:

So what would have stopped that monster goose? Stop telling me what's wrong with the other side and tell me what it is that you'd do to fix it.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:01 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Nothing.

So what would have stopped that monster goose? Stop telling me what's wrong with the other side and tell me what it is that you'd do to fix it.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:05 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

How do you "fix" evil? If it were so simple evil would have been eliminated from this world centuries ago.

Banning one type of gun that's used in a minuscule percentage of killings in a year doesn't stop evil people from finding a way to kill.

It's just as fair for me to demand that you eliminate evil, then we wouldn't need to have this conversation.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:17 pm

So you're answer is "nothing, just deal with it."

Cool. Cool. Just wanted to make sure we were clear about that.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:18 am

I dunno, it seems silly to say that Jim Jefferies of all people could have the definitive opinion on a topic, but he kinda nails it here:

Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:41 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:So you're answer is "nothing, just deal with it."

People have been killing each other since the dawn of the human race. It's not new.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:49 am

xsanguine wrote:

People have been killing each other since the dawn of the human race. It's not new.

So your answer is to give up trying to better ourselves? If everyone had that mentality we'd still be living in caves and beating animals with clubs for dinner every night.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:56 am

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

So your answer is to give up trying to better ourselves? If everyone had that mentality we'd still be living in caves and beating animals with clubs for dinner every night.

No, but as we've discovered "banning" things only creates more problems than it sets out to solve. Wrapping everything in bubble wrap doesn't change chimp behavior to dominate and control.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:09 am

Look, as long as we're clear that your opinion is that there is nothing that can be done about it and we need to accept that people will be murdered in large mass shootings without rhyme or reason. That's all I'm looking for here, if you guys could just acknowledge that that is in fact your opinion and that you have nothing else to add that would be great.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:18 am

Yes, just like throughout all of history... people are going to kill each other whether it's just one victim or multiple victims. Is your opinion that by banning a particular piece of equipment used in a very, very small percentage of crimes that we're going to change this human behavior, Travis? And if so, I'd love to see how you reached that conclusion.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:24 am

"Because we have to do 'something'"
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:36 am

Cool, cool. Just as long as we're good there and that you think we can't be better than we were in the past. I didn't say that at all and it would be good if you didn't put words in my mouth.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:53 am

Why is it on me to "do" something about a an unsolvable problem? If you're such an enlightened SOB you go do something.

My point above and the facts show that the "AWB" would have done absolutely nothing to stop Newtown. The only thing it might have done was soothed your guilty conscience for supporting the bleeding heart liberals that passed the laws that made it impossible to lock that freak and others like him up.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:32 am

Obama has tried to take our guns for 8 years, still hasn't done it.  I checked today.  i still have all my guns and my bible.  His "raid your house and take your bible and gun" program is a bigger failure than obama care.     

I wonder if Hilliary's "take your guns and bibles"  program will be better when she uses Muslim's in her raid squads on our houses.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:50 am

that made it impossible to lock that freak and others like him up.

Wait, what? Who is cutting mental health again?
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:57 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
that made it impossible to lock that freak and others like him up.

Wait, what? Who is cutting mental health again?

Here we weren't referring to mental health funding - this is tangentially related but really a different subject. And for the record BOTH parties have been involved in gutting mental health funding. Anyone that denies the truth of that is a blind partisan. It's easier to take money from the crazies than anyone else.

This was a reference to the changes in the law that make it more difficult to force people with problems to get help.  I know that in some cases this was abused in America but the pendulum has swung too far the other way.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:58 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Cool, cool. Just as long as we're good there and that you think we can't be better than we were in the past. I didn't say that at all and it would be good if you didn't put words in my mouth.

Just like I didn't say we can't be better, mr pot. I'm saying banning something doesn't make people better. If you're going to debate me I'd appreciate if you'd at least argue against the argument I'm putting forth rather than using a straw man to argue against.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:00 pm

DWags wrote:Obama has tried to take our guns for 8 years, still hasn't done it.  I checked today.  i still have all my guns and my bible.  His "raid your house and take your bible and gun" program is a bigger failure than obama care.     

I wonder if Hilliary's "take your guns and bibles"  program will be better when she uses Muslim's in her raid squads on our houses.

Nah, she'll just continue bush and obamas practice of bombing the shit out of them over there because banning Muslim immigration is faaaaar worse than killing as many as they can.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down