Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No one believes the fucking news anymore

+16
Herbie Green
Death Roe
InTenSity
Rocinante
Blanch32
Robert J Sakimano
Turtleneck
Floyd Robertson
Cameron
Watch Out Pylon!
xsanguine
Travis of the Cosmos
Other Teams Pursuing That
DWags
NigelUno
steveschneider
20 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

No one believes the fucking news anymore - Page 5 Empty Re: No one believes the fucking news anymore

Post by steveschneider Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:46 pm

xsanguine wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Isn't there a difference being a shitty writer/journalist/reporter and "fake news"?

If you watch CNN you can catch that lightning in a bottle.

I can't stand cable news.

They are like a batter with a .215 average. Right on the Mendoza Line.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

No one believes the fucking news anymore - Page 5 Empty Re: No one believes the fucking news anymore

Post by GRR Spartan Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:41 pm

So those "patriots" who want to make America great and support Trump boo'd the mention of John Glenn because why? He was a Democrat?

The USA is so fucked.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:45 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Isn't there a difference being a shitty writer/journalist/reporter and "fake news"?

OTPT? I don't want to argue this because I'm pretty sure we'll see it differently.

IMO that whole tweet is another indication of preconceived notions. The writer from Newsweek thinks Trump supporters are assholes. Trump mentions Glenn - people are booing - he immediately jumps to the conclusion that those "assholes" are booing American hero John Glenn - tweet boom. Never even considered that there might be a group of people there booing Trump.

And notwithstanding what Steve said - 3 hours is not a "quick" tweet correction. I'm sure he got blasted by a bunch of people pointing out his error before he bowed and sent that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:56 pm

LooseGoose wrote:

OTPT?   I don't want to argue this because I'm pretty sure we'll see it differently.  

IMO that whole tweet is another indication of preconceived notions.  The writer from Newsweek thinks Trump supporters are assholes.   Trump mentions Glenn -  people are booing - he immediately jumps to the conclusion that those "assholes" are booing American hero John Glenn - tweet boom.    Never even considered that there might be a group of people there booing Trump.

And notwithstanding what Steve said - 3 hours is not a "quick" tweet correction.   I'm sure he got blasted by a bunch of people pointing out his error before he bowed and sent that.

It sounds like you agree with me. That guy is a shitty journalist or reporter(letting preconceived  notions influence his work) Whoever the fuck he is, never heard of him.

We thought 24/7 cable news was bad? Welcome to social media in 2016. There are a lot of dumb people out there that believe whatever they read on the internet.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:59 pm

Anyone booing at the mention of John Glenn or booing because they don't like the person mentioning Glenn's name at the time are jerks.

They rank  up there with the "Lock her up" group.

Last edited by GRR Spartan on Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:19 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:Anyone booing at the mention of John Glenn or booing because they don't like the person mentioning Glenn's name at the time are jerks.

They rank up there with the "Locker her up" group.

John Glenn was a Dem Senator for years but he was more of the old style of Senator. Voted mostly with his party but wasn't a partisan hack. Probably why he never had a chance to win the nomination for President. The were more Senators like that back 20-30-40 years ago. Dems I can think of would be Scoop Jackson, Daniel Moynihan, David Boren, Max Baucus.........
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:25 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

OTPT?   I don't want to argue this because I'm pretty sure we'll see it differently.  

IMO that whole tweet is another indication of preconceived notions.  The writer from Newsweek thinks Trump supporters are assholes.   Trump mentions Glenn -  people are booing - he immediately jumps to the conclusion that those "assholes" are booing American hero John Glenn - tweet boom.    Never even considered that there might be a group of people there booing Trump.

And notwithstanding what Steve said - 3 hours is not a "quick" tweet correction.   I'm sure he got blasted by a bunch of people pointing out his error before he bowed and sent that.

It sounds like you agree with me. That guy is a shitty journalist or reporter(letting preconceived  notions influence his work) Whoever the fuck he is, never heard of him.

We thought 24/7 cable news was bad? Welcome to social media in 2016. There are a lot of dumb people out there that believe whatever they read on the internet.

Not to mention Newsweek is just something you thumb through while taking a dump.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:30 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:So those "patriots" who want to make America great and support Trump boo'd the mention of John Glenn because why?  He was a Democrat?

The USA is so fucked.

GRR Spartan wrote:Anyone booing at the mention of John Glenn or booing because they don't like the person mentioning Glenn's name at the time are jerks.

They rank  up there with the "Locker her up" group.
You are a real dumbshit sometimes, going senile must be a bitch.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:30 pm

The only bitch in this thread is you trying to act threatening.

In the absence of cogent thought you chose to insult.

Trump is getting the crowds he pandered to in the election process. Lock her up has gone on to threatening a union local president, threatening a father or a child killed at Sandyhook Elementary and carrying a loaded semi auto rifle into a DC pizza place for "intel" for an Internet lie.

The lunatic fringe thinks they have a voice in DC since Trump's been elected and they keep showing up at his rallies for more affirmation.

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:47 pm

LooseGoose wrote:

OTPT? I don't want to argue this because I'm pretty sure we'll see it differently.

IMO that whole tweet is another indication of preconceived notions. The writer from Newsweek thinks Trump supporters are assholes. Trump mentions Glenn - people are booing - he immediately jumps to the conclusion that those "assholes" are booing American hero John Glenn - tweet boom. Never even considered that there might be a group of people there booing Trump.

And notwithstanding what Steve said - 3 hours is not a "quick" tweet correction. I'm sure he got blasted by a bunch of people pointing out his error before he bowed and sent that.

I'll concede three hours is too long. These are dangerous times, we have to get this shit right.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:49 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:The only bitch in this thread is you trying to act threatening.

Trump is getting the crowds he pandered to in the election process.  Lock her up has gone on to threatening a union local president, threatening a father or a child killed at Sandyhook Elementary and carrying a loaded semi auto rifle into a DC pizza place for "intel" for an Internet lie.

The lunatic fringe thinks they have a voice in DC since Trump's been elected and they keep showing up at his rallies for more affirmation.

I don't think I made any threats in this thread.

Tell us more about the John Glenn booing incident.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:51 pm

steveschneider wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

If you watch CNN you can catch that lightning in a bottle.

So was Mickey Tettleton. But that batting stance was still intriguing.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:56 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:The only bitch in this thread is you trying to act threatening.

Trump is getting the crowds he pandered to in the election process. Lock her up has gone on to threatening a union local president, threatening a father or a child killed at Sandyhook Elementary and carrying a loaded semi auto rifle into a DC pizza place for "intel" for an Internet lie.

GRR, he called you a dumb shit and senile. Not a bitch. Don't go on proving at least the second one right.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:57 pm

Cameron did call dwags and I a bitch in another thread, though. You got payback, Cameron!! We were cell mates!
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:04 pm

xsanguine wrote:Cameron did call dwags and I a bitch in another thread, though. You got payback, Cameron!! We were cell mates!
Serves me right!

No one believes the fucking news anymore - Page 5 A1321a6c41f0ef181c53731be7ceee35f3c55ee17e26e6d17e70497b2c18c771
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:40 pm

xsanguine wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I can't wait until baseball starts. As of this posts 65 days 6hrs an 19minutes until pitchers and catchers meet.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:02 pm

Glenn and Dirksen along with Jerry Ford and Top O'Neil actually talked to the other side.

Paul Ryan is Speaker because the GOP House thought Boehner was too deferential to the Presdient and shouldn't ever try to negotiate with the other side of the aisle. Politics has polarized since Glenn was elected in '74 and left in '99.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:36 pm

When I was a kid I wanted to be Mickey Tettleton when I grew up.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:12 am

xsanguine wrote:When I was a kid I wanted to be Mickey Tettleton when I grew up.

He always had an epic cheek full of tobacco.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:33 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
xsanguine wrote:When I was a kid I wanted to be Mickey Tettleton when I grew up.

He always had an epic cheek full of tobacco.

Just one of his many qualities.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:33 pm

steveschneider wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

I can't wait until baseball starts. As of this posts 65 days 6hrs an 19minutes until pitchers and catchers meet.

Awwwwwww yeah!
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:50 pm

xsanguine wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Awwwwwww yeah!

Just spit balling here, but can we all compromise? Lets agree Russia still sucks.

Lock up Trump for conspiring with the Russians to take over our country.

Avoid the Electoral college putting in HIllary because that would result in civil war.

Put in John Kasich who is a reasonable man, and opposed Trump's insanity from day 1.

Have him retool Trumps fucked up cabinet, chuck all the suck ups to russia he picked, and add a few dems (mainly epa and labor) to help Unify the country. Keep the Goldman Sachs fuckers just to keep Wall Street happy. Keep Mattis!!!!

Have Kasich fucking unify the country, we are all butt hurt after 2016 and we lost David Bowie. We still haven't stopped grieving.

And last but not least get this country on track so I can focus on sports, making love to my wife and drinking beer. I've been reading too much news and it's driving me insane. Have you seen this sick fucker Rodrigo Duerte? There's a reason why I tune out the news as much as possible, it's too fucking depressing. We are a sick species that does terrible things to eachother. Thank god I live in America, lets defeat Trumpism.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:30 am

I can agree with that Steve. Assuming trump was actively conspiring. The rest is spot on.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:00 pm

Holy shit I went to the old site Wells to get a temp on the discourse over there.

They have a thread where Spartans believe in the Pizza Gate Conspiracy.

No one there has even bothered to link to the Washington Post story that debunks the entire conspiracy. No one has bothered to link to the NYT interview of Edgar Welch.

This is what happens when people are relying on Reddit, what they hear other people repeat on the internet and fake news like Alex Jones for their information.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:58 pm

We have seen an effective campaign to queation all media after traditional media started exposing faux news.

You are correct about how many people have gone to news with no clue of the source or if there is a source. True believers will always believe.

There was an associate professor who was fired from his job at a Florida Atlantic after his claims Sandyhook was a hoax. He's suing claiming violation of free speech freedoms.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/grade-point/wp/2016/04/26/professor-who-says-sandy-hook-was-a-hoax-sues-the-college-that-fired-him/?utm_term=.ee46eac2f9e0
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:47 pm

you hate all white men.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:13 am

Fake news.

MSNBC Anchor Falsely Claims Fox News Had Christmas Party at Trump’s D.C. Hotel (Updated)

“This is some serious business that I need to share. I need to apologize to the audience,” Ruhle said. “Earlier today in a segment I stated that the Fox network held their holiday party at Trump’s D.C. hotel. I was wrong. We’ve since learned that neither Fox network nor an affiliate held any party at Trump’s Washington hotel.”
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:15 am

I can't believe there is a 5+ page thread about "nobody believes the news anymore" when I've been telling you folks that for probably 8-10 years.

No one believes the fucking news anymore - Page 5 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:12 pm

Well you think Trump missing a few briefings is a big deal, so I don't see much difference. More fake news and you're swallowing it.

The crushing anxiety behind the media's fake news hysteria
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:17 pm

LooseGoose wrote:Well you think Trump missing a few briefings is a big deal, so I don't see much difference.   More fake news and you're swallowing it.

The crushing anxiety behind the media's fake news hysteria
so you post a news article outlining why nobody trusts the news anymore?

thanks.. I think. scratch

No one believes the fucking news anymore - Page 5 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:40 pm

No one believes the fucking news anymore - Page 5 Fake_News_Guide
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:06 pm

Goose, do you really care what goes on outside your sphere of activity around Mio?

You really think POTUS skipping intelligence briefings and having the VP take his place  is on par with reporting on a FoxNews Christmas party location?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:51 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I can't believe there is a 5+ page thread about "nobody believes the news anymore" when I've been telling you folks that for probably 8-10 years.

No one believes the fucking news anymore - Page 5 502811600

so why did you change your mind all of a sudden?
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:53 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:Goose, do you really care what goes on outside your sphere of activity around Mio?

You really think POTUS skipping intelligence briefings and having the VP take his place  is on par with reporting on a FoxNews Christmas party location?

why does the president even need daily briefs? is he suppose to take action or run the program? daily anything = paranoid/micro mgt
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:12 am

GRR Spartan wrote:Goose, do you really care what goes on outside your sphere of activity around Mio?

You must have missed the news reports that what Trump is doing is the norm and not unusual. Or don't they print unbiased reports in your sphere? I linked in Bob's freakout thread here for all to read.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:12 am

LooseGoose wrote:

You must have missed the news reports that what Trump is doing is the norm and not unusual. Or don't they print unbiased reports in your sphere? I linked in Bob's freakout thread here for all to read.
bump.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:33 am

Current and former members members of Trump's inner circle are promoting the story that the CIA findings linking Russia's GRU to DNC hacks and Russian actions that were directed at the Clinton campaign is a  "false flag" operation.  

Those people include Michael Bolton who is under consideration to be Under Sec of State and former Trump campaign  official Carter Page who has been investgated by the FBI for his dealngs with the Russian government.  Page was in Russia giving a 30 mnute address on fake news and in the Q&A  said he suspected the CIA report was a false flag.

They have the support of Infowars Alex Jones.  The guy who has said the Oklahoma City Bombing was an inside job, Sandyhook shootings were a hoax, the huge Oklahoma tornado was part of a secret DoD weapons testng gone awry and Michelle Obama is a transgender man.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/12/false-flag/510410/?utm_source=feed
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:52 am

GRR Spartan wrote:Current and former members members of Trump's inner circle are promoting the story that the CIA findings linking Russia's GRU to DNC hacks and Russian actions that were directed at the Clinton campaign is a  "false flag" operation.  

Those people include Michael Bolton who is under consideration to be Under Sec of State and former Trump campaign  official Carter Page who has been investgated by the FBI for his dealngs with the Russian government.  Page was in Russia giving a 30 mnute address on fake news and in the Q&A  said he suspected the CIA report was a false flag.

They have the support of Infowars Alex Jones.  The guy who has said the Oklahoma City Bombing was an inside job, Sandyhook shootings were a hoax, the huge Oklahoma tornado was part of a secret DoD weapons testng gone awry and Michelle Obama is a transgender man.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/12/false-flag/510410/?utm_source=feed
ummm..

not sure if you heard, but we're not supposed to make disparaging remarks about the intellect of Trump supporters anymore.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:28 am

In other news the Russians are also linked to hacks and leaks in Congressional elections in FL, IL, Ohio, PA, NC, NH and NM.

From the link:

"The intrusions in House races in states including Pennsylvania, New Hampshire, Ohio, Illinois, New Mexico and North Carolina can be traced to tens of thousands of pages of documents taken from the D.C.C.C., which shares a Capitol Hill office building with the Democratic National Committee.

The document dump’s effectiveness was due in part to a de facto alliance that formed between the Russian hackers and political bloggers and newspapers across the United States. The hackers, working under the made-up name of Guccifer 2.0, used social media tools to invite individual reporters to request specific caches of documents, handing them out the way political operatives distribute scoops. It was an arrangement that proved irresistible to many news outlets — and amplified the consequences of the cyberattack."

Link is from NYT

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/13/us/politics/house-democrats-hacking-dccc.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=b-lede-package-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:29 am

GRR Spartan wrote:In other news the Russians are also linked to hacks and leaks in Congressional elections in FL, IL, Ohio, PA, NC, NH and NM.

From the link:

"The intrusions in House races in states including Pennsylvania, New Hampshire, Ohio, Illinois, New Mexico and North Carolina can be traced to tens of thousands of pages of documents taken from the D.C.C.C., which shares a Capitol Hill office building with the Democratic National Committee.

The document dump’s effectiveness was due in part to a de facto alliance that formed between the Russian hackers and political bloggers and newspapers across the United States. The hackers, working under the made-up name of Guccifer 2.0, used social media tools to invite individual reporters to request specific caches of documents, handing them out the way political operatives distribute scoops. It was an arrangement that proved irresistible to many news outlets — and amplified the consequences of the cyberattack."

Link is from NYT

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/13/us/politics/house-democrats-hacking-dccc.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=b-lede-package-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

No big deal as long as they're helping our team win. Probably should become closer allies with them as well.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next