Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No one believes the fucking news anymore

+16
Herbie Green
Death Roe
InTenSity
Rocinante
Blanch32
Robert J Sakimano
Turtleneck
Floyd Robertson
Cameron
Watch Out Pylon!
xsanguine
Travis of the Cosmos
Other Teams Pursuing That
DWags
NigelUno
steveschneider
20 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

No one believes the fucking news anymore - Page 3 Empty Re: No one believes the fucking news anymore

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-11-22, 23:05

xsanguine wrote:Yeah, I guess what I really meant was weekends are still smoke weed all day ery day.

not to hijack this thread and turn the subject to devil's grass but last post.. what's your method of madness usually? a bowl or what?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

No one believes the fucking news anymore - Page 3 Empty Re: No one believes the fucking news anymore

Post by steveschneider 2016-11-23, 10:10

Do you guy's watch B Real's The Smokebox? I'm hooked on that show. I don't cheef but hearing him and his guests discuss the different strains has me curious at times.

Is the buzz really different from strain to strain or the flavors? Looking to hear some connoisseur shit from you guys.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-11-23, 14:01

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
xsanguine wrote:Yeah, I guess what I really meant was weekends are still smoke weed all day ery day.

not to hijack this thread and turn the subject to devil's grass but last post.. what's your method of madness usually? a bowl or what?

I've been using a bowl because I'm lazy. It makes my weed stretch out longer, too. I prefer a good old fashion zig zag white.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-11-23, 14:09

steveschneider wrote:Do you guy's watch B Real's The Smokebox? I'm hooked on that show. I don't cheef but hearing him and his guests discuss the different strains has me curious at times.

Is the buzz really different from strain to strain or the flavors? Looking to hear some connoisseur shit from you guys.

I haven't seen that show. I notice a difference when comparing sativas and indicas but not between strains within those species unless the thc count is drastically different. Sativas are my daytime flowers which being a mostly nighttime smoker during the week means it lasts longer. Sativas are more uppity, goes great with a cup of coffee (caveman with butter, of course) and some people say have a more psychedelic profile (no clue what they're talking about as weed doesn't hit me like that). Indicas are couch-lock strains so they're good for winding down at night and watching some college basketball or eating a steak (or both).

Before all this medical stuff we used to just be at the mercy of whatever the guy had and he almost never knew what he had anyways. When I moved to NYC it got better because those guys label everything. Now I'm usually grabbing 1/4's of whatever the highest thc count indica is at the dispensary and they mix it up so you don't get the same strains very often. I do notice the difference in flavors between strains, I do like that.

Till I get a house in the sticks it's whatever the dispensary has that day, then it'll be specific and mixed amongst other fun plants. Amazing how far the game has come in 10 years. I never would have imagined this.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-11-23, 23:25

xsanguine wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Do you guy's watch B Real's The Smokebox? I'm hooked on that show. I don't cheef but hearing him and his guests discuss the different strains has me curious at times.

I haven't seen that show. I notice a difference when comparing sativas and indicas but not between strains within those species unless the thc count is drastically different. Sativas are my daytime flowers which being a mostly nighttime smoker during the week means it lasts longer. Sativas are more uppity, goes great with a cup of coffee (caveman with butter, of course) and some people say have a more psychedelic profile (no clue what they're talking about as weed doesn't hit me like that). Indicas are couch-lock strains so they're good for winding down at night and watching some college basketball or eating a steak (or both).

Before all this medical stuff we used to just be at the mercy of whatever the guy had and he almost never knew what he had anyways. When I moved to NYC it got better because those guys label everything. Now I'm usually grabbing 1/4's of whatever the highest thc count indica is at the dispensary and they mix it up so you don't get the same strains very often. I do notice the difference in flavors between strains, I do like that.

Till I get a house in the sticks it's whatever the dispensary has that day, then it'll be specific and mixed amongst other fun plants. Amazing how far the game has come in 10 years. I never would have imagined this.

Yeah, it is fascinating stuff. I have no idea what I was smoking when I did smoke. What about the flavors of the marijuana? On B Real's show they talk about different strains that are named after fruits, or dreams or desserts. I don't know the methodology behind the names they come up with but it's kind of intriguing. I'm curious are there different tasting notes to the different strains? The main thing that makes me want to smoke again is to see how far the whole thing has come since I gave the stuff up.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-11-24, 21:30

steveschneider wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Yeah, it is fascinating stuff. I have no idea what I was smoking when I did smoke. What about the flavors of the marijuana? On B Real's show they talk about different strains that are named after fruits, or dreams or desserts. I don't know the methodology behind the names they come up with but it's kind of intriguing. I'm curious are there different tasting notes to the different strains? The main thing that makes me want to smoke again is to see how far the whole thing has come since I gave the stuff up.

Yeah they seem to name many strains after something they taste, smell, or even look like.

Sativas tend to have more citrusy notes whereas indica seems to have more earthy ones. Just my personal observation, of course. There are indicas like blueberry that do seem to have a hint of blueberry in the flavor. It also looks like a blueberry bush in bloom with the blueish/purple hairs.

Right now I have Grape Ape and it has that traditional 'grape' flavor but is also darkly colored.

I smoked maybe a half dozen times in high school (late 90's to early 2000's, and once in middle school)) and it was that low quality 'Mexican brick' weed. It wasn't until I went to State that I started smoking weed regularly and noticed the quality was better. I never asked the kids where they were getting their stuff but it was way better than I was used to. Now you can't even find brick weed.

If you do try it out I'd start with Indica just because some people say they get paranod on Sativa and if you haven't smoked in awhile that wouldn't be a very fun re-introduction.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-11-24, 22:42

A confederacy of dunces
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-11-24, 23:18

I literally had a college educated person on the far left tell me that the Enquirer was more credible than the NYT and Washington Post.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-11-24, 23:18

DWags wrote:A confederacy of dunces

Looks like intelligence is coming out showing that the Russians spread a ton of fake news this election.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-11-25, 04:01

steveschneider wrote:
DWags wrote:A confederacy of dunces

Looks like intelligence is coming out showing that the Russians spread a ton of fake news this election.

Ya think?

I'm not holding my breath waiting for the GOP majority Congress to have Congressional hearings about Russian involvement in the most recent Federal election given the results.

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-11-25, 09:26

GRR Spartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Ya think?

I'm not holding my breath waiting for the GOP majority Congress to have Congressional hearings about Russian involvement in the most recent Federal election given the results.

It's frightening. Almost like the military industrial complex wanted it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-11-25, 09:27

steveschneider wrote:I literally had a college educated person on the far left tell me that the Enquirer was more credible than the NYT and Washington Post.

Watching men in black is easier than checking sources.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-11-25, 09:58

GRR Spartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Ya think?

Yeah those idiots in the country voted for Trump so they must have been brainwashed by the Russkies.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-11-25, 11:15

Goose, you want to think that the drip drip drip of hacked emails in concert with the constant repetition of "Crooked Hillary"  didn't have an effect on the election go right ahead.

Do you think any of your fellow retirees living in the hinterlands who get their news from FoxNews, Drudge, Newsmax et al  will ever admit their vote was affected by Russian hacking?  I don't.

You are happy. I think you are one who, at some level, decided over turning Roe v Wade was worth any cost so the Trump campaign's using the leaked email's as a centerpiece regardless of their source was worth it.

The people who voted for Trump will tolerate a blind trust that's run by his children.  They will tolerate defcit spending after 8 years of GOP demonization.  They'll tolerate rewrite of the tax code that increases the wealth gap between the Top 1% / Top 10% and the bottm 90% . They will cheer elimination of the estate tax although 95% of them don't have the minimum assets to be elgible and have no clue that those funds helped fund everything frm Pell grants to research grants to places like MSU.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-11-25, 11:29

GRR Spartan wrote:
The people who voted for Trump will tolerate a blind trust that's run by his children.  They will tolerate defcit spending after 8 years of GOP demonization.  They'll tolerate rewrite of the tax code that increases the wealth gap between the Top 1% / Top 10% and the bottm 90% . They will cheer elimination of the estate tax although 95% of them don't have the minimum assets to be elgible and have no clue that those funds helped fund everything frm Pell grants to research grants to places like MSU.

What's funny about your laundry list is:
Deficit spending occurred for all of Obama's Presidency.
The wealth gap INCREASED every year of Obama's Presidency.

Where were you bitching about Obama and those items? Again I say it, Trump isn't even President yet and all of you sore losers are ready to attribute everything bad that's happening, has happened or might happened to him. That's pretty unfair. It might be an idea to wait and see what he actually does? I may laugh at you then or I may join you then. But I think he won and deserves a chance for that.

The estate tax changes are pure speculation so we can debate that when it actually happens.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-11-25, 11:37

let's be honest goose - you're not joining shit you sham No one believes the fucking news anymore - Page 3 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-11-25, 14:58

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:let's be honest goose - you're not joining shit you sham No one believes the fucking news anymore - Page 3 502811600

Oh I bitched plenty at GWBush for his spending and wars. If Trump reverts to full on Democrat or other bullshit I'll join anyone opposing him.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-11-25, 17:26

How the monetized web made those who manufactured pro Trump stories some cash.

We know if its on the web it must be true but you can't trust the NY Times so read at your own risk.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/25/world/europe/fake-news-donald-trump-hillary-clinton-georgia.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=b-lede-package-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-11-25, 18:43

Gosh and the above it all NYT writing Trump story after Trump story. If they made money off page views and clicks that would look REALLY bad. Oh. Wait.

Fucking pots calling the kettles black.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-11-25, 18:45

Oh and BTW.....would the NYT profiting by writing a story about other sites profiting from fake Trump news qualify as generating fake news?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-11-25, 18:48

Guise, didn't we turn this into the weed thread the other day?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-11-25, 19:08

LooseGoose wrote:Oh and BTW.....would the NYT profiting by writing a story about other sites profiting from fake Trump news qualify as generating fake news?

The word "generating" in this case would be quite a stretch.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-11-25, 20:01

LooseGoose wrote:Gosh and the above it all NYT writing Trump story after Trump story.   If they made money off page views and clicks that would look REALLY bad.   Oh.  Wait.

Fucking pots calling the kettles black.

Drunk again or just too wound up against anything that threatens your view of reality.

The NY Times has another story about fake news, its origins and how a guy in the the Republic of Georgia made money on fake storys that were seen as pro-Trump.

Maybe you might realize that fake news that many of our neighbors in the hinterlands who voted for Trump were likely to believe as true unless you are going to say that data is fake too.

Maybe you think we should forget about it.  I think its more dangerous game the where the Trump campaign took full advantage.  I have posted links showing false, made up and malicious stories got widespread coverage treated as truth.

Your response it "pot calling the kettle black."

Not even close.  

Are you are Trump supporter, a full fledged "conservative" or a Republican yet?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-11-25, 20:50

NOT Fake News according to most in here.

ONE MONTH AGO TODAY IN THE WASHINGTON POST: There is no possible way Donald Trump’s team actually believes this is their path to 270. “I mean, look. Clinton has a 6.2-point lead in Pennsylvania. She’s up 6.5 points in Wisconsin. She’s up 10 in Michigan. She leads in Colorado by 8 and Virginia by 10. Those are margins that put those states easily out of reach. Put another way, polls do not show Trump close in Pennsylvania, New Hampshire and Colorado — they show Clinton leading by 6, 7 and 8 points, respectively. Using that map, Clinton has 323 electoral votes, and a victory. Move all of her light blue states into the ‘maybe’ column and she is at 273. She has won.”

Remember this when the same people sound equally certain of what’s going to happen now.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-11-25, 20:53

[quote="GRR Spartan"]
LooseGoose wrote:Are you are Trump supporter, a full fledged "conservative" or a Republican yet?

It's awful damned important what I am. I am what I've said I am from day one. A conservative on most issues. Some issues like weed I'd be called a libertarian. And the kind of conservative that thinks the politicians have fucked up our rights to privacy and protections from illegal searches and seizures. NOT the kind of "conservative" that empowers the police state in cahoots with the Dems.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2016-11-27, 15:28

LooseGoose wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:

What's funny about your laundry list is:
Deficit spending occurred for all of Obama's Presidency.
The wealth gap INCREASED every year of Obama's Presidency.

Where were you bitching about Obama and those items? Again I say it, Trump isn't even President yet and all of you sore losers are ready to attribute everything bad that's happening, has happened or might happened to him. That's pretty unfair. It might be an idea to wait and see what he actually does? I may laugh at you then or I may join you then. But I think he won and deserves a chance for that.

The estate tax changes are pure speculation so we can debate that when it actually happens.

Before I impute views to you that you don't actually hold, let me ask: were you one of the conservatives that was dead set on opposing everything Obama did and trying to make him a one term president? Because it seems like a lot of the people crying about giving Trump a chance before you bash him are the same people that weren't willing to give Obama that chance.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2016-11-27, 15:44

I like to go straight indica for a stretch, then switch it up and go straight sativa for a while. Seems like it helps to negate tolerance a little bit, but that could be all in my mind.

There is a definite difference in flavor between strains. I'm bad at describing flavors in terms of tasting notes and shit. I have a very positive Pavlovian response to pretty much any weed flavor/aroma, but some of my favorites are Kandy Kush, Cherry Girl Scout Cookies, Jesus OG, and Purple Urkle. If they made Kandy Kush scented potpourri I'd put that shit all over my house.

xsanguine wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

I've been using a bowl because I'm lazy. It makes my weed stretch out longer, too. I prefer a good old fashion zig zag white.

A bong is my preferred method, but I have a bubbler and a pipe that I use a lot too. I have a vaporizer that I hardly ever use because you have to clean it between each use otherwise it gets gunked up fast. I don't smoke many joints because I'm too lazy to roll them, so most of the joints I smoke I buy pre-rolled from the dispensary.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-11-27, 17:53

Cameron wrote:

I like to go straight indica for a stretch, then switch it up and go straight sativa for a while. Seems like it helps to negate tolerance a little bit, but that could be all in my mind.

There is a definite difference in flavor between strains. I'm bad at describing flavors in terms of tasting notes and shit. I have a very positive Pavlovian response to pretty much any weed flavor/aroma, but some of my favorites are Kandy Kush, Cherry Girl Scout Cookies, Jesus OG, and Purple Urkle. If they made Kandy Kush scented potpourri I'd put that shit all over my house.

xsanguine wrote:

A bong is my preferred method, but I have a bubbler and a pipe that I use a lot too. I have a vaporizer that I hardly ever use because you have to clean it between each use otherwise it gets gunked up fast. I don't smoke many joints because I'm too lazy to roll them, so most of the joints I smoke I buy pre-rolled from the dispensary.

I don't think it's in your head. I've heard people do that, even strains within indica or within sativa, to bypass tolerance.

I like bongs, too. I'm just using a bubbler without any water in it. Screw it. Maybe I'll put together a gravity bong or something.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-11-28, 12:50

Need to deflect the thread to an oreos discussion?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-11-28, 12:56

Fake News:

Senator Tim KaineVerified account ‏@timkaine
Deeply saddened by the senseless act of gun violence at Ohio State this morning. Praying for the injured and the entire Buckeye community
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-11-28, 13:09

GRR Spartan wrote:How the monetized web made those who manufactured pro Trump stories some cash.

We know if its on the web it must be true but you can't trust the NY Times so read at your own risk.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/25/world/europe/fake-news-donald-trump-hillary-clinton-georgia.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=b-lede-package-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

Trumps basis for the 'illegal voters' that gave Hillary the popular vote is from Alex Jones Info Wars.

Take that shit in for a second.

And now the orange one is attacking the main stream press for not taking on this story.

This man is our president-elect, and this terrifies me that he's informed by Info Wars.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-11-28, 13:24

Be first not correct.

Goose in his bunker ready to point out Senator Kaines error.

But silence from Goose that cable news including FoxNews initially reported the same thing.

I truly feel sorry for you Goose. You can't or refuse to discern the difference in manufactured faux news that's made to be re-sent 1000's to millions of times by agregators for profit and political gain and when multiple news organizations get it wrong and quickly retract.

Is your world shrinking even faster so everyone with whom you disagree is an enemy? I hope not.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-11-28, 13:25

Kaine tweeted that at Noon....so he wasn't anywhere near first but he was dead wrong.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-11-28, 13:31

So he was wrong.
How about the cable news networks, the major network news divisions and major print media?

Or do you want us to think a majority of Americans working today have to check with with a politician 's twitter account to know what's going on?

Since I follow no one on Twitter maybe someone can update if Senator Kaine issues s a correction.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-11-28, 22:09

GRR Spartan wrote:Need to deflect the thread to an oreos discussion?

I'm not sure that's the correct word, GRR. Unless you posted something that missed and didn't respond to that you're waiting on me for. The hippies hijacked the discussion. It's all good, we can have a couple conversations going on.

Also, oreos are terrible for you, GRR. My stoner food is usually arugula or popcorn.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-12-05, 09:01

More fallout from faux news.

An armed North Carolina man arrested after bringing a weapon into Comet Ping Pong to investigate the faux news reports Clinton child abduction ring operating out of the DC pizza place.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/local/wp/2016/12/04/d-c-police-respond-to-report-of-a-man-with-a-gun-at-comet-ping-pong-restaurant/?utm_term=.ea8573d5505c
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-12-05, 09:17

GRR Spartan wrote:More fallout from faux news.

An armed North Carolina man arrested after bringing a weapon into Comet Ping Pong to investigate the faux news reports Clinton child abduction ring operating out of the DC pizza place.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/local/wp/2016/12/04/d-c-police-respond-to-report-of-a-man-with-a-gun-at-comet-ping-pong-restaurant/?utm_term=.ea8573d5505c
just wait until the people who think the Clinton's are involved in child abduction/pornography hear about her email server killing 4 brave Americans in Benghazi.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-12-05, 09:45

GRR Spartan wrote:More fallout from faux news.

Fake news that was pushed out all over the internet - but it's interesting that the news reports are being blamed. What about the stupid fuck with the gun? I know I'm kinda strange but I'd start with him.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-12-05, 09:47

Oh...and where was all this media coverage of "fake news" causing violence a couple years ago?

No one believes the fucking news anymore - Page 3 Cy6hRE3W8AAYgPM

Oh that's right - THEY were peddling the fake news.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-12-05, 09:54

LooseGoose wrote:Oh...and where was all this media coverage of "fake news" causing violence a couple years ago?

No one believes the fucking news anymore - Page 3 Cy6hRE3W8AAYgPM

Oh that's right - THEY were peddling the fake news.
I'm on record for mocking the mainstream media for years now.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next