Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Give Kirk Cousins some motherfucking props in this thread Swill

+44
Dendrobates
Jake from State Farm
TheReal_LWS
steveschneider
By-Tor
AvgMSUJoe
Da Mayor
Dr. Strangelove
Travis of the Cosmos
Cameron
SawGreen
kingstonlake
Rocinante
Herbie Green
Turtleneck
Heat Miser
Wally Fairway
aualum06
The_Dude
GRR Spartan
Floyd Robertson
MSU addict
NigelUno
Death Roe
InTenSity
Ted Brogan
Vlad
MattyFresh
CheesySpartan
The Pantry
Stoops21
CORNER BLITZ
Tim Wakefield
I.B. Fine
BleacherSwill
duffy munn
Robert J Sakimano
Blanch32
DWags
StylesGShmooth
WhiteBoyHatcher
Watch Out Pylon!
tGreenWay
Other Teams Pursuing That
48 posters

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17

Go down

Give Kirk Cousins some motherfucking props in this thread Swill - Page 17 Empty Re: Give Kirk Cousins some motherfucking props in this thread Swill

Post by DWags 26/04/24, 09:02 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:They didn’t pull *this* off. They pulled off getting a quarterback in the 20s once with a team already built to compete.

It’s fine though, because this tweet is finally talking about the lions on the other side of things

[tw]1783680176695435441[/tw]

No doubt the lions have made the biggest jump in the NFL in the last 3 years. The GM is a big reason.

But a lot of this is a crap shoot.

Here’s what was written about love after the first day. Under “biggest losers in the draft”.

Maybe the Green Bay Packers got too caught up in history.

During the 2005 NFL draft, exactly 15 years before Thursday night’s first round, the Packers struck gold with Aaron Rodgers at pick No. 24. They had Brett Favre. They took Rodgers anyway. It worked out.

On Thursday night, the Packers made the most controversial pick of the draft, trading up to draft Utah State quarterback Jordan Love. On Friday night, their first pick was Boston College running back AJ Dillon, another odd pick. Dillon is a good player, but the Packers have Aaron Jones and Jamaal Williams. The third-round pick was Cincinnati tight end Josiah Deguara, which was considered a major reach.

I personally think both worked out. Dillon is doing well we will see about love. I think he’s going to be better. Face it, last year was probably his real rookie year.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Give Kirk Cousins some motherfucking props in this thread Swill - Page 17 Empty Re: Give Kirk Cousins some motherfucking props in this thread Swill

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 26/04/24, 09:26 am

You keep comparing Jordan love to, in his day, perennial mvp candidate Aaron Rodgers which honestly isn’t fair to love and my more measured approach to evaluating love is probably more fair to him than to jump in with both feet saying “the packers have done it again!” Based on a 9-8 season and a playoff win over the leagues biggest annual playoff chokers.

It could come down in a few years that you look back and realize that the real okie doke was the okie doke you pulled on yourself and that would be very sad indeed
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 26/04/24, 09:37 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:You keep comparing Jordan love to, in his day, perennial mvp candidate Aaron Rodgers which honestly isn’t fair to love and my more measured approach to evaluating love is probably more fair to him than to jump in with both feet saying “the packers have done it again!” Based on a 9-8 season and a playoff win over the leagues biggest annual playoff chokers.

It could come down in a few years that you look back and realize that the real okie doke was the okie doke you pulled on yourself and that would be very sad indeed

I know, you e already said he’s the third best QB in the division.

Oh well.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 26/04/24, 10:55 am

DWags wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:On the other hand, incredibly stupid move by Atlanta

I remember when the board made fun of the packers taking Love. Granted Love didn’t have the injuries. But the packers were roasted for it.

Ok, Nigel, I’ll say it: did the Falcons give the league the ole “Okey Doak”? Give Kirk Cousins some motherfucking props in this thread Swill - Page 17 502811600

Oh nos.

Love was taken at 26 though. Not 8. The Packers were a good team already, and (maybe) had the luxury of planning for the future.

Unless Kirk gets hurt, we're not going to find out if this was smart until 2026. And that means the Falcons still have to add the right pieces in free agency (and the rest of this year's draft). The draft might be overemphasized (and analyzed) vs. free agency, but what's the hit rate on QBs? Less than 50%? Maybe they hit the jackpot with Penix.

I just don't see how this helps you compete with SF, Detroit, Philly, etc.

So either the Falcons think they CAN compete with those teams right now (and can afford to plan for the future), or they realize a division championship is their ceiling (and are planning on having a great team in 2-3 years with Penix as the QB).

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 26/04/24, 12:17 pm

DWags wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:They didn’t pull *this* off. They pulled off getting a quarterback in the 20s once with a team already built to compete.

It’s fine though, because this tweet is finally talking about the lions on the other side of things

[tw]1783680176695435441[/tw]

No doubt the lions have made the biggest jump in the NFL in the last 3 years. The GM is a big reason.  

But a lot of this is a crap shoot.  

Here’s what was written about love after the first day. Under “biggest losers in the draft”.

Maybe the Green Bay Packers got too caught up in history.

During the 2005 NFL draft, exactly 15 years before Thursday night’s first round, the Packers struck gold with Aaron Rodgers at pick No. 24. They had Brett Favre. They took Rodgers anyway. It worked out.

On Thursday night, the Packers made the most controversial pick of the draft, trading up to draft Utah State quarterback Jordan Love. On Friday night, their first pick was Boston College running back AJ Dillon, another odd pick. Dillon is a good player, but the Packers have Aaron Jones and Jamaal Williams. The third-round pick was Cincinnati tight end Josiah Deguara, which was considered a major reach.

I personally think both worked out.  Dillon is doing well we will see about love.    I think he’s going to be better. Face it, last year was probably his real rookie year.  

Dillon was a 2nd rounder and low key sucks. Not a good pick

I'm all in on Love, though, dude is good.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 26/04/24, 02:15 pm

So, I guess the Falcons' theory is that they'll need a QB to replace Kirk in 2026, and they don't think they can get a good one late in the 1st round in 2025. They claimed they had Daniels and Penix 1,2 on their draft board.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 26/04/24, 03:20 pm

Falcons could have had Justin Fields for a 4th round draft pick, and paid him $3.25 million...and still drafted a QB.

Instead have Kirk for $100 million ($45 million/year for 2 years + $10 million).

So, could have had $96+ million for free agents.

Hmmm.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17