Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you convinced the loser of Uofm osu is out?

+30
kingstonlake
I.B. Fine
Triple Sparty
The_Dude
tGreenWay
Frank Ricard
NigelUno
By-Tor
Blanch32
Nordic
TheReal_LWS
CORNER BLITZ
y2kMgrad
BleacherSwill
GRR Spartan
Jake from State Farm
Floyd Robertson
The Pantry
steveschneider
WhiteBoyHatcher
InTenSity
duffy munn
WhiteGreenShow
Clarett's Folly
Herbie Green
Other Teams Pursuing That
Death Roe
Turtleneck
aualum06
DWags
34 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Are you convinced the loser of Uofm osu is out? Empty Are you convinced the loser of Uofm osu is out?

Post by DWags Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:40 pm

MichigN wins then beats Wisconsin. Washington loses ''tis way or in the championship game. OSU in?

OSU wins. Washington loses and Wisconsin loses. Michigan in?

I'm not convinced loser is out. It's unlikely but it might have an angle in.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Are you convinced the loser of Uofm osu is out? Empty Re: Are you convinced the loser of Uofm osu is out?

Post by aualum06 Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:42 pm

I'm convinced I don't care
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Are you convinced the loser of Uofm osu is out? Empty Re: Are you convinced the loser of Uofm osu is out?

Post by Turtleneck Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:43 pm

Does MSU have a shot?

Last edited by Turtleneck on Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:43 pm

aualum06 wrote:I'm convinced I don't care

Well I'm a bit drunk and I need to say I care. I really want Michigan to fail.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:44 pm

Turtleneck wrote:Does MSU have a shot?

Yes. But so much shit has to happen, including locusts, it's unlikely.

Last edited by DWags on Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:45 pm

"One or two-loss team has a better shot than an undefeated B1G team would."

-VladtheVag
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:46 pm

Does it matter? Michigan peaked early and will get stomped tomorrow and stomped in a hypothetical playoff scenario.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:47 pm

DWags wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Does MSU have a shot?

Yes.

Then I will just worry about that.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:52 pm

Yes
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:53 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
DWags wrote:

Yes.

Noted. But why did you join this thread then?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:54 pm

Death Roe wrote:"One or two-loss team has a better shot than an undefeated B1G team would."
-VladtheVag

Another avatar choice for you.

Are you convinced the loser of Uofm osu is out? MkFgilT
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:06 pm

DWags wrote:MichigN wins then beats Wisconsin. Washington loses ''tis way or in the championship game. OSU in?

The loser of UM/OSU definitely has a shot and it will spark up a debate as to whether or not the playoffs are exclusively for conference champions.
That being said if both teams get in I think they both get stomped.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteGreenShow Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:09 pm

DWags wrote:MichigN wins then beats Wisconsin. Washington loses ''tis way or in the championship game. OSU in?

Hey why don't you stfu
WhiteGreenShow
WhiteGreenShow
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:11 pm

If Michigan loses Saturday, they are out.

duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:12 pm

Clarett's Folly wrote:

The loser of UM/OSU definitely has a shot and it will spark up a debate as to whether or not the playoffs are exclusively for conference champions.
That being said if both teams get in I think they both get stomped.

Alabama has to fuck up not to win. But as you said, the committee could make a joke of conference champions in one swoop here.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:21 pm

All about ratings this year.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:24 pm

I thought so but there has been some chaos. I'm 70% sure. If M loses which I suspect they will, and other shit happens, the blewall factor will be insufferable and strong.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:30 pm

the whole ranking and playoff selection process sucks and my vote goes to western michigan. row that boat fags!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:36 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I thought so but there has been some chaos. I'm 70% sure. If M loses which I suspect they will, and other shit happens, the blewall factor will be insufferable and strong.

I don't know man. U of M loses and we lose to PSU.

Somebody is going to win in Indy. That leaves the Big Ten Champ and Ohio State as candidates. How can U of M jump the BIG Ten champ and a one loss Ohio State team they lost to?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteGreenShow Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:39 pm

duffy munn wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I thought so but there has been some chaos. I'm 70% sure. If M loses which I suspect they will, and other shit happens, the blewall factor will be insufferable and strong.

Somebody is going to win in Indy. That leaves the Big Ten Champ and Ohio State as candidates. How can U of M jump the BIG Ten champ and a one loss Ohio State team they lost to?

I think this is the likely scenario if for some weird reason we don't put a beat down on psu this weekend. So I see Wisconsin and tOSU making it.
WhiteGreenShow
WhiteGreenShow
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:40 pm

duffy munn wrote:

That's not the scenario. OSU wins Sat and they're in, barring a loss in the Champ game.

What happens if OSU wins a close game and we beat PSU? And then OSU loses to Wiscy? OSU beats Wiscy and some other shit happens?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:41 pm

duffy munn wrote:

If PSU beats Wisconsin, Washington either loses to the Pac 12 south champs, or this weekend to WSU, you don't htink there is a slight possibility UofM and OSU get in ahead of PSU?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:46 pm

DWags wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Noted.  But why did you join this thread then?  

To talk about locust.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:56 am

OSU is going to humiliate UM in the horseshoe, making them a non factor.

It's all up to Dantonio rallying the Spartans to beat PSU.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:17 am

Which is better, u of m getting humiliated vs OSU or u of m getting humiliated by Bama?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:19 am

UM getting humiliated by tOSU
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:52 am

If it's a close game wolvie fans are going to keep stomping their feet and holding their breath until they get a rematch in the playoffs.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:31 am

Yes.

IF
Washington wins out (might have a USC rematch)

Or Oklahoma beats OK State

Louisville loss to Houston ended their hope.

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by BleacherSwill Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:38 am

Floyd Robertson wrote:Which is better, u of m getting humiliated vs OSU or u of m getting humiliated by Bama?

This is the variety of dumb question I expect elsewhere.
BleacherSwill
BleacherSwill
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:13 am

All of this hurts my head.

So I'll just assume we're going to win. Are you convinced the loser of Uofm osu is out? 55953254
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:10 pm

Remember when A&M was ranked 4 for no reason lol
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:16 pm

Wow. Michigan is in if Clemson or Washington lose.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:19 pm

DWags wrote:Wow. Michigan is in if Clemson or Washington lose.

I could see WI jumping them with a convincing win.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:44 pm

Yeah I don't think this necessarily means shit. The two teams directly behind them with the identical record right now are playing for a championship next weekend while M will be sitting home. Good chance one jumps them.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:56 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Yeah I don't think this necessarily means shit. The two teams directly behind them with the identical record right now are playing for a championship next weekend while M will be sitting home. Good chance one jumps them.

Yup.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:04 pm

Not a fan of a team making the playoffs that not only doesn't win their conference championship, but doesn't even win their division.

Kind of stuck at this point with tO$U at #2 though...even though they have looked like ass to end the season. What happenen to JT?
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:20 pm

The more I think about it, I think they are out for sure. Bama is in, even if they lose to Florida. And OSU is in. Everyone agree? Good.

That leaves two spots. If Wash and Clem win, they take them. Everyone agree? Good.

If one of them loses, that spot is going to go to one of the 3 other B1G teams. Everyone still agree? Good.

Now, think about the precedent the committee sets if they put in TWO teams from the same conference OVER the winner of the Champ game/Conf Champ. They won't do it. They can't do it. They would be telling the entire field that it's better to throw a game and stay home rather than advance to your Championship game and try to win it. You absolutely cannot put two teams in over the conf champ if the track records are comparable. Still with me? Good.

What if BOTH Clem and Washington lose? The 4th spot goes to the winner of bedlam. Or maybe still Washington or Clemson. Because there is no fucking way the committee could put in Bama and 3 B1G teams. There's just no chance.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:25 pm

Good analysis WBH. I agree. Plus scum sucks and everyone outside of Ann Arbor and the downriver area hates them.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:59 pm

gHost Spartan wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I could see WI jumping them with a convincing win.
And why wouldn't either Penn State or Wisconsin jump an idle Michigan with a win? Both are Top 10 teams so it's a win over another Top 10 team, both of which Michigan beat, but that was earlier in the season. Michigan lost two of their four road games and played at home for like two months straight. Unbelievable. The B1G and media desperately want this team in the playoffs.

6. Wisconsin
7. Penn State
8. Colorado
9. Oklahoma
10. Oklahoma State

All have a game left to play.  You can have a 100 different arguments about this, but one of the above will likely jump Michigan with a win.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:03 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

What if BOTH Clem and Washington lose? The 4th spot goes to the winner of bedlam. Or maybe still Washington or Clemson. Because there is no fucking way the committee could put in Bama and 3 B1G teams. There's just no chance.

Or Colorado.  They are not dead yet.  Beating Washington would be a big win and they would have a conference champ.  Yeah yeah, Michigan beat them.  Again, you can argue till your blue (no pun intended) in the face. It could happen, but I don't see a 2 loss non-conference team that didn't play a 13th game getting in.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next