Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you convinced the loser of Uofm osu is out?

+30
kingstonlake
I.B. Fine
Triple Sparty
The_Dude
tGreenWay
Frank Ricard
NigelUno
By-Tor
Blanch32
Nordic
TheReal_LWS
CORNER BLITZ
y2kMgrad
BleacherSwill
GRR Spartan
Jake from State Farm
Floyd Robertson
The Pantry
steveschneider
WhiteBoyHatcher
InTenSity
duffy munn
WhiteGreenShow
Clarett's Folly
Herbie Green
Other Teams Pursuing That
Death Roe
Turtleneck
aualum06
DWags
34 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Are you convinced the loser of Uofm osu is out? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are you convinced the loser of Uofm osu is out?

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2016-11-29, 21:09

what about a 3rd place division finisher?
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Are you convinced the loser of Uofm osu is out? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are you convinced the loser of Uofm osu is out?

Post by Clarett's Folly 2016-11-29, 21:11

If the committee does put Michigan in (under whatever scenario that may be) is the nation as outraged as we are or are we just an echo chamber?
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-11-29, 21:12

Clarett's Folly wrote:If the committee does put Michigan in (under whatever scenario that may be) is the nation as outraged as we are or are we just an echo chamber?

I would assume the fanbases of the other league champions will be pissed.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-11-29, 21:22

yes. next question. ignore espn for once my The Dowager Lady Margret, Countess and Prefict of Northumbria bonars
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-11-29, 21:24

DWags wrote:Wow. Michigan is in if Clemson or Washington lose.

The Dowager Lady Margret, Countess and Prefict of Northumbria bonar perfect example folks. don't be this guy
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-11-29, 21:26

CORNER BLITZ wrote:Not a fan of a team making the playoffs that not only doesn't win their conference championship, but doesn't even win their division.

Kind of stuck at this point with tO$U at #2 though...even though they have looked like ass to end the season. What happenen to JT?

this. why weren't we #2 last year if close loses now matter?
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2016-11-29, 21:32

Blanch32 wrote:

The Dowager Lady Margret, Countess and Prefict of Northumbria bonar perfect example folks. don't be this guy

Are we getting Premium content? Mods, please move this tBob.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-11-29, 21:37

Damn I just got done talking to a UM fan that is 100% convinced the #5 ranking means they are in with a Washington loss.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-11-29, 21:40

Nordic wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

this is true. don't think osu should get in regardless. if washington, Clemson, bama, and whomever wins the big ten.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2016-11-29, 21:51

Herbie Green wrote:Damn I just got done talking to a UM fan that is 100% convinced the #5 ranking means they are in with a Washington loss.

Hatch is right. As crooked as the committee is there's truly no way they put not one but two Big Ten teams in over the conference champion.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-11-29, 21:53

Nordic wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

What if BOTH Clem and Washington lose? The 4th spot goes to the winner of bedlam. Or maybe still Washington or Clemson. Because there is no fucking way the committee could put in Bama and 3 B1G teams. There's just no chance.

Or Colorado.  They are not dead yet.  Beating Washington would be a big win and they would have a conference champ.  Yeah yeah, Michigan beat them.  Again, you can argue till your blue (no pun intended) in the face. It could happen, but I don't see a 2 loss non-conference team that didn't play a 13th game getting in.

Yeah for some reason I forgot CU was in the PAC CCG. Def a possibility.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-11-29, 22:02

Clarett's Folly wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:Damn I just got done talking to a UM fan that is 100% convinced the #5 ranking means they are in with a Washington loss.

Hatch is right. As crooked as the committee is there's truly no way they put not one but two Big Ten teams in over the conference champion.

Yeah I thought zero chance but you never know what this committee might pull
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2016-11-29, 22:05

Clarett's Folly wrote:

The meltdown will be epic if Wisky/PSU AND Colorado get in over Michigan (which I think they would)
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2016-11-29, 22:20

I agree with the scenario that there is absolutely no way can you put two non conf winners in the playoff over the conf champ. Especially if it's PSU. UM/OSU/PSU played to a round robin wash. If they take UM and OSU then they are essentially preparing to blow up the current format.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-11-29, 22:21

By-Tor wrote:I agree with the scenario that there is absolutely no way can you put two non conf winners in the playoff over the conf champ. Especially if it's PSU. UM/OSU/PSU played to a round robin wash. If they take UM and OSU then they are essentially preparing to blow up the current format.

Yup.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-11-29, 23:10

Clarett's Folly wrote:

Barry Alvarez is on the committee. If Wisconsin wins and Clemson or Washington loses, I'd put my money on Wisconsin getting in.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 2016-11-29, 23:17

Normally I would love chaos. But this week I want status quo - Washington and Clemson win.

I still can't believe in if both UW and Clemson lost, they'd put in both the winner of the B1G AND umaa, and have 3 teams from the same conference in. If they did, the other conferences might actually just blow up the entire format and leave the NCAA.
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-11-29, 23:26

Nordic wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Yep, it's riveting reading. Blech is obviously posting here in order to draw readers to tBoob, because nobody other than Herbie has followed him there so far and he's feeling lonely. Think of his little nugget of genius above like a kind of advertising, the way they used to send samples of shampoo and deodorant in the junk mail.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-11-29, 23:30

tGreenWay wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Yep, it's riveting reading. Blech is obviously posting here in order to draw readers to tBoob, because nobody other than Herbie has followed him there so far and he's feeling lonely. Think of his little nugget of genius above like a kind of advertising, the way they used to send samples of shampoo and deodorant in the junk mail.

not true. at least half the bonars are there. so pathetic.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2016-11-29, 23:31

I don't think we'll make the playoffs even if Washington loses. Might go to Pasadena though.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-11-29, 23:32

Blanch32 wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

It doesn't count if a thread they were posting in gets moved to tBoob.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-11-29, 23:39

Lol at the bitter jealousy of tBob
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-11-29, 23:42

tGreenWay wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

yup, we don't count that one thread either
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-11-29, 23:47

y2kMgrad wrote:I don't think we'll make the playoffs even if Washington loses. Might go to Pasadena though.

Yeah UM just isn't as good as people thought. Not a top 4 team, over rated. Lose last 2 of 3. Play 8 home games. Go 2-2 on road and finish third in division. UM is a borderline top 10 right now. Nice season. Just not playoff material yet.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-11-29, 23:50

y2kMgrad wrote:I don't think we'll make the playoffs even if Washington loses. Might go to Pasadena though.

I heard Orange. What scenario makes that possible?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-11-29, 23:53

No.

Stop trolling.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2016-11-29, 23:55

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

I heard Orange. What scenario makes that possible?

Yeah I heard Orange if only OSU goes to the playoff from the B1G or Rose if the B1G champ also goes.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2016-11-29, 23:58

The_Dude wrote:

Yeah UM just isn't as good as people thought. Not a top 4 team, over rated. Lose last 2 of 3. Play 8 home games. Go 2-2 on road and finish third in division. UM is a borderline top 10 right now. Nice season. Just not playoff material yet.

The Iowa loss bothers me even more than OSU because we should have beat them easily, and if we had, we'd be 11-1 right now, and probably in.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-11-30, 00:01

Herbie Green wrote:Lol at the bitter jealousy of tBob

Not even a little bit. I wish you and Blech all the successs there and you might find it if you'd only stay over there. No need to come over here at all, unless you're just starved for attention, which seems like the real reason you two are here.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-11-30, 00:03

Blanch32 wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

yup, we don't count that one thread either

I'll have to stop by and take a look at how many posters are over there. Can't wait to see half of the regulars there that are over here.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Triple Sparty 2016-11-30, 00:18

Sounds like Michigan in if Washington loses.
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-11-30, 00:25

y2kMgrad wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

The Iowa loss bothers me even more than OSU because we should have beat them easily, and if we had, we'd be 11-1 right now, and probably in.

If you beat Iowa you'd be a lock.

I said it before the season that UM will be championship material once it gets a string run game that can maul. Not there yet and your passing game isn't elite enough to over come.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-11-30, 00:28

Triple Sparty wrote:Sounds like Michigan in if Washington loses.

I think Michigan has 0% to get in. The committee simply isn't taking two non divisional winners from the same conference. They just aren't.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-11-30, 01:22

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:The more I think about it, I think they are out for sure. Bama is in, even if they lose to Florida. And OSU is in. Everyone agree? Good.

That leaves two spots. If Wash and Clem win, they take them. Everyone agree? Good.

If one of them loses, that spot is going to go to one of the 3 other B1G teams. Everyone still agree? Good.

Now, think about the precedent the committee sets if they put in TWO teams from the same conference OVER the winner of the Champ game/Conf Champ. They won't do it. They can't do it. They would be telling the entire field that it's better to throw a game and stay home rather than advance to your Championship game and try to win it. You absolutely cannot put two teams in over the conf champ if the track records are comparable. Still with me? Good.

What if BOTH Clem and Washington lose? The 4th spot goes to the winner of bedlam. Or maybe still Washington or Clemson. Because there is no fucking way the committee could put in Bama and 3 B1G teams. There's just no chance.

"The difference between Michigan and Washington is razor thin"

Head of the committee.

Michigan osu will not be jumped. If Clemson and or Washington loses it's Michigan. No doubt about it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-11-30, 01:25

NigelUno wrote:

No.

Stop trolling.

Tell that to the committee.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2016-11-30, 01:35

DWags wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:The more I think about it, I think they are out for sure. Bama is in, even if they lose to Florida. And OSU is in. Everyone agree? Good.

That leaves two spots. If Wash and Clem win, they take them. Everyone agree? Good.

If one of them loses, that spot is going to go to one of the 3 other B1G teams. Everyone still agree? Good.

Now, think about the precedent the committee sets if they put in TWO teams from the same conference OVER the winner of the Champ game/Conf Champ. They won't do it. They can't do it. They would be telling the entire field that it's better to throw a game and stay home rather than advance to your Championship game and try to win it. You absolutely cannot put two teams in over the conf champ if the track records are comparable. Still with me? Good.

Head of the committee.

Michigan osu will not be jumped. If Clemson and or Washington loses it's Michigan. No doubt about it.

scum brings more money and hype. They will put in a 3rd place division team over two division winners... That is crazy
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-11-30, 01:43

CORNER BLITZ wrote:
DWags wrote:

Head of the committee.

scum brings more money and hype. They will put in a 3rd place division team over two division winners... That is crazy

Same with osu. It's why I started this thread. What are the chances Clemson or Washington. Loses. Cause I'll be sick if they do.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-11-30, 07:46

DWags wrote:

Head of the committee.

The difference between Washington and Michigan might have been razor thin in this poll. It, however, does not take into account that Washington has another game to play (yet). When comparing teams that are close, they look at things like conference champs. If Washington wins, they will separate themselves more from UM. Just as the winner of Wisconsin/Penn State will get a bump.

In 2014, TCU was 3rd entering the final poll. Did not play in a conference championship, and dropped to 6.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-11-30, 07:48

CORNER BLITZ wrote:
DWags wrote:

Head of the committee.

Not a chance. No way Barry Alvarez lets that happen.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2016-11-30, 07:56

Frank Ricard wrote:Normally I would love chaos. But this week I want status quo - Washington and Clemson win.

I still can't believe in if both UW and Clemson lost, they'd put in both the winner of the B1G AND umaa, and have 3 teams from the same conference in. If they did, the other conferences might actually just blow up the entire format and leave the NCAA.

This is one scenario where I'd love to see the chaos.
It's always fun when the curtain gets pulled back and you see what's really going on. Go PSU, Colorado and Hokies!
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next