Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tiger goes seven under today.

+10
kingstonlake
Jethro Bodeen
Motown Spartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
tGreenWay
duffy munn
Floyd Robertson
SeeRockCity
InTenSity
DWags
14 posters

Go down

Tiger goes seven under today.  Empty Tiger goes seven under today.

Post by DWags 2016-12-02, 14:28

He back?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Tiger goes seven under today.  Empty Re: Tiger goes seven under today.

Post by InTenSity 2016-12-02, 14:52

He's playing well. He was 3 under yesterday until the last 3 holes when he had double, par, double to finish. I watched some of it, but not enough, hopefully I can catch a replay tonight. The next 2 rounds will be telling.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2016-12-02, 15:07

DWags wrote:He back?

Searching urban dictionary for "seven under" not finding anything. Is this a new thing?
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-12-02, 15:09

Isn't he like 8 back? That doesn't sound like he's back to me.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-12-02, 15:12

Floyd Robertson wrote:Isn't he like 8 back? That doesn't sound like he's back to me.

A lot of guys are tearing that track up.

He won't be "back" until he wins something.

Last edited by duffy munn on 2016-12-02, 15:17; edited 1 time in total
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-12-02, 15:15

Floyd Robertson wrote:Isn't he like 8 back? That doesn't sound like he's back to me.

Excuse me, but the PGA has requested that, when discussion includes Tiger Woods, under no circumstances is it appropriate to use the word "back" in any context. Please continue.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-12-02, 15:20

duffy munn wrote:

A lot of guys are tearing that track up.

He won't be "back" until he wins something.

True.  I was just wondering what peoples thoughts were on his first good day in a couple of years.  Those other guys have been playing all along too.  I have no idea if he's going ot do well or not.  It can't be easy.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-12-02, 15:21

gHost Spartan wrote:Tiger Woods is such a colossal piece of shit. Dwags are you actually cheering for the guy or just curious?
Lots of guys are colossal pieces of shit, who cares? Always the one to take a stance against the quasi mainstream.
psst psy-ops, figure it out yet?>
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-12-02, 15:24

I'll stick with Spieth. Fuck Tiger.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2016-12-02, 15:26

He's ranked like 800th in the world. Who cares...
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jethro Bodeen 2016-12-02, 15:26

The return of Tiger as a player that competes for PGA wins would be great for golf. I hope it happens.
Jethro Bodeen
Jethro Bodeen
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-12-02, 15:30

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I'll stick with Spieth. Fuck Tiger.
I should root for Spieth, but there is something about him I don't like. One of my main gripes is his slow play. I think its intentional, and he does it to fuck with his competition.
I'd be happy if Tiger can come back and be competitive. I think he can still win 1-3 majors, best bet is Masters, and maybe another US Open. If his short game is fixed and his putting is on, he's going to be back to form, if his body can handle it.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-12-02, 15:45

So, reading this board, some guys actually "cheer" for specific guys like they're your college team?   I don't quite understand that I guess.    I just  have always found individual sports interesting as far as the INDIVIDUAL players.   It's all pretty cool.  From track to swimming to olympic wrestling, to tennis singles etc.  I don't think I've ever picked a "guy" or a "girl" and said 'that's my team".   I just like the individual drama of the shit.  I like close games.   As a person, Tiger seems to be a pretty self involved guy.  What he's done to his caddies and his wife and whomever seem untowardly, but what the fuck business is it of mine.  I dom't think I'd hang out with a guy like that.  But I probably wouldn't jimmy connors either.  That doesnt' mean his semi-final run in the u.s. open at 46 wasn't cool as hell.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2016-12-02, 16:01

He had a nice round today in a 17 man field where every player is under par. Its an exhibition.

Wake me up when he's not teeing off at 7:45am on a Saturday at a major. Check that, wake me up when he tees off anytime on a Saturday in a major.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-12-02, 16:13

DWags wrote:So, reading this board, some guys actually "cheer" for specific guys like they're your college team?   I don't quite understand that I guess.    I just  have always found individual sports interesting as far as the INDIVIDUAL players.   It's all pretty cool.  From track to swimming to olympic wrestling, to tennis singles etc.  I don't think I've ever picked a "guy" or a "girl" and said 'that's my team".   I just like the individual drama of the shit.  I like close games.   As a person, Tiger seems to be a pretty self involved guy.  What he's done to his caddies and his wife and whomever seem untowardly, but what the fuck business is it of mine.  I dom't think I'd hang out with a guy like that.  But I probably wouldn't jimmy connors either.  That doesnt' mean his semi-final run in the u.s. open at 46 wasn't cool as hell.

I've yet to see a pickup truck or mid-90s Pontiac with the image of a specific golfer or tennis player. Maybe we should assign them numbers like they do in NASCAR.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-12-02, 16:22

tGreenWay wrote:
DWags wrote:So, reading this board, some guys actually "cheer" for specific guys like they're your college team?   I don't quite understand that I guess.    I just  have always found individual sports interesting as far as the INDIVIDUAL players.   It's all pretty cool.  From track to swimming to olympic wrestling, to tennis singles etc.  I don't think I've ever picked a "guy" or a "girl" and said 'that's my team".   I just like the individual drama of the shit.  I like close games.   As a person, Tiger seems to be a pretty self involved guy.  What he's done to his caddies and his wife and whomever seem untowardly, but what the fuck business is it of mine.  I dom't think I'd hang out with a guy like that.  But I probably wouldn't jimmy connors either.  That doesnt' mean his semi-final run in the u.s. open at 46 wasn't cool as hell.

I've yet to see a pickup truck or mid-90s Pontiac with the image of a specific golfer or tennis player. Maybe we should assign them numbers like they do in NASCAR.

Tigers number would be 69 evidently.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-12-02, 16:24

Dwags, I don't actively cheer like I do for MSU in football or bball, but I like to follow along. Tiger was exciting to watch, his imagination if he got in trouble was outstanding. His consistency is something I wish that I had. The power that he could generate was something not really seen before. I know people like to hate him. I found it funny, I went to 3 or 4 of the Doral tournaments. Tiger easily had the largest crowd and there is nothing like it. The funny part to me was that probably 20% of the crowd was people who hated him. Who has the time to go to an event to hate on someone they don't know? I have no idea. I understand the people who think he takes up too much time on teh screen when he plays, but when he was at the top, who else did you want to watch? Lefty? That's about it. Sergio was supposed to compete with him, yet never did. Names came and went, but Tiger continued to place consistently near the top.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-12-02, 17:21

Spieth is a cocky little shit bitch. I'll take Rory and Day over him 24/7.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2016-12-02, 17:28

Trying to think of a back pun but I can't. Fuck

Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-12-02, 17:29

InTenSity wrote:Dwags, I don't actively cheer like I do for MSU in football or bball, but I like to follow along. Tiger was exciting to watch, his imagination if he got in trouble was outstanding. His consistency is something I wish that I had. The power that he could generate was something not really seen before. I know people like to hate him. I found it funny, I went to 3 or 4 of the Doral tournaments. Tiger easily had the largest crowd and there is nothing like it. The funny part to me was that probably 20% of the crowd was people who hated him. Who has the time to go to an event to hate on someone they don't know? I have no idea. I understand the people who think he takes up too much time on teh screen when he plays, but when he was at the top, who else did you want to watch? Lefty? That's about it. Sergio was supposed to compete with him, yet never did. Names came and went, but Tiger continued to place consistently near the top.

He is a magnet. We all seem to watch or pay attention more when he plays. He was an amazing golfer in his prime. Probably best ever in his prime. I don't think we'll ever see that guy again. What major was he up by like 15 strokes? Not human.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-12-02, 17:45

Death Roe wrote:

Spieth is a cocky little shit bitch. I'll take Rory and Day over him 24/7.

Isn't he a little country club bible study boy? He seems boring as hell
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-12-02, 18:43

gHost Spartan wrote:
InTenSity wrote:
Lots of guys are colossal pieces of shit, who cares? Always the one to take a stance against the quasi mainstream.
psst psy-ops, figure it out yet?>

As a general rule, I do not care - But to me, Tiger Woods is in a special category because he was promoted as this goody-two-shoes Stanford nerd who happened to be the best golfer that ever lived. And, behind the scenes was completely different than what he was like in real life. Re: psy-ops, of course I know what that means I wanted to know what it meant in the context of a conspiracy theorist's perspective. Your hatred of me cracks me up. Such a weird dude… Tiger goes seven under today.  502811600
I don't hate you, just think the I'm too cool to be posting on the internet, I'll be contrarian about everything shtick is old. Plus it's easy to get a rise out of you. Now go hiking our some shit.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2016-12-03, 10:10

Fascinating read for anyone who missed this.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/15278522/how-tiger-woods-life-unraveled-years-father-earl-woods-death
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down