Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Al Gore and Trump talk about climate change

+18
NigelUno
DWags
Turtleneck
tGreenWay
Rocinante
Floyd Robertson
Herbie Green
AnomanderRake
I.B. Fine
Cameron
xsanguine
CheesySpartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
Travis of the Cosmos
InTenSity
The_Dude
GRR Spartan
steveschneider
22 posters

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down

Al Gore and Trump talk about climate change - Page 2 Empty Re: Al Gore and Trump talk about climate change

Post by Guest 2016-12-07, 19:40

How about 1902?

1902 - The Alpine Glaciers are disappearing, have "shrunk several thousand feet"

Al Gore and Trump talk about climate change - Page 2 Screenhunter_81-jan-19-08-00
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Al Gore and Trump talk about climate change - Page 2 Empty Re: Al Gore and Trump talk about climate change

Post by Guest 2016-12-07, 19:41

Maybe 1906? Even before the model T?

1906 - The Earth is getting warmer, glaciers have been receding for 45 years.

Al Gore and Trump talk about climate change - Page 2 Screenhunter_10-aug-14-08-43
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-12-07, 19:42

And 1922 - But Travis, Steve and the rest of the true believers are going to reverse the Earth by raising the price of OIL!!

1922 - World growing warmer - Ice in the Antarctic has retreated 40 miles.

Al Gore and Trump talk about climate change - Page 2 Screenhunter_16-jan-21-08-041
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-12-07, 19:43

And this should sound familiar.

From 1923, talk of an "ice free arctic". Yep, this global warming thing is a man made phenomenon.

1923 - Will the north pole be ice free soon?

Al Gore and Trump talk about climate change - Page 2 Screenhunter_224-mar-10-22-01
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-12-07, 19:43

And nearly 100 years later they make the same prediction....and as usual it doens;t come true. Keep believing the "science"!!

Al Gore and Trump talk about climate change - Page 2 Screenhunter_93-apr-25-20-53

Last edited by LooseGoose on 2016-12-07, 20:50; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-12-07, 19:45

35 Years Of Unprecedented man made Melting Has Left Sea Ice Normal At Both Poles

Al Gore and Trump talk about climate change - Page 2 N_daily_extent-16

Al Gore and Trump talk about climate change - Page 2 S_daily_extent
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-12-07, 19:47

Oh and remember how the Great Lakes were drying up because of Global Warming? Those stories seem pretty accurate about now, eh? Now they hope for a "relief" from Mother Nature.....a complete turnabout from a few years ago and nary a word about that darned AGW.

The Great Lakes are coming back, but the rising water levels are reminding some Michiganians to be careful what they wish for.

U.S. Army Corps of Engineers officials are predicting that Lakes Superior, Michigan, Huron and Erie will likely be several inches above their long-term average in June. Lake Ontario's level, which is controlled, should be right at its historic level. Lake St. Clair, which is not part of the Great Lakes, will be 10 inches over that mark.

This is a reversal of fortunes from the past dozen years, when Michigan's boating season outlook included lake levels that fell below their historical average. Those low waters have meant headaches for anglers, marina operators and the shipping industry.

Two years ago, these kinds of problems seemed unlikely. Early in 2013, Lakes Michigan and Huron set the record for the lowest mean average for any month since researchers began keeping track. The mean level for January — 576.02 feet above sea level — beat the March 1964 mark of 576.05.
Conditions since have been on a quick upward trajectory.

"This trend stretches across two years of very wet conditions," said Keith Kompoltowicz, chief of watershed hydrology for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. "The spring of 2013 was extremely wet, and we all remember the winter of 2013-2014 with the record levels of snow. And since then, 2014 was a very wet year across the board."

The Army Corps makes lake level predictions six months ahead of time and the estimates for June show:

■Lake Superior will be close to last year's level and five inches above its historical average.

■Lakes Michigan and Huron: 14 inches above last year and eight inches above their historical average.

■Lake St. Clair: eight inches over last year and 10 inches above its historical average.

■Lake Erie: six inches over last year and nine inches above its historical average.

■Lake Ontario will be slightly below its level of last year and right around its historical average.

With no relief in sight from Mother Nature, industry officials had been pushing for the federal government to address a backlog of dredging projects at ports around the Great Lakes. Now, the rising levels are being greeted as a positive, but not a cure-all.
"It's certainly great news if the water levels are going to remain up there," said Glen Nekvasil, vice president of the Lake Carriers' Association. "But there is still the need for the dredging work. Projections have been wrong before, and the lake levels are always fluctuating."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-12-07, 19:54

And here's the NYTimes in 1969....

Having it both ways has been going on for decades, whichever headline fits the moment. Headlines from the same week in 1969, any other subject you'd be laughing at the fools.

Al Gore and Trump talk about climate change - Page 2 Screenhunter_7724-mar-05-11-27

Al Gore and Trump talk about climate change - Page 2 Screenhunter_7725-mar-05-11-30
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-12-07, 19:58

I wonder what we'd be hearing if these were today's headlines?

Al Gore and Trump talk about climate change - Page 2 Screenhunter_645-may-30-20-00

Al Gore and Trump talk about climate change - Page 2 Screenhunter_647-may-30-20-01
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-12-07, 20:01

And September of 1958 - the coming ice age - was going to flood our coastal cities. Sound familiar???

The Coming Ice Age

How a rising of the ocean waters may flood most of our port cities within the foreseeable future — and why it will be followed by the growth of a vast glacier which may eventually cover much of Europe and North America.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-12-07, 20:05

And then of course there's the fact that an extensive re-write of past temperatures has occurred. Scoff if you will be the evidence is all over the internet in black and white.

NOAA CAUGHT REWRITING US TEMPERATURE HISTORY (AGAIN)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-12-07, 20:11

There was never any question about the existence of the Medieval Warm Period. This graph was in the 1990 IPCC Report

Al Gore and Trump talk about climate change - Page 2 Screenhunter_505-jun-15-19-25

Scientists have known about the MWP for centuries.

In the Swiss Alps the ice line has invaded summits formerly covered with magnificent forests, of which the massive trunks and sturdy roots are still found in situ.

Iceland and Eastern Greenland have become much colder since the fourteenth century; for in the former large trees have ceased to grow, while on the opposite shores of the latter a great number of valleys, once inhabited, are now completely inaccessible, owing to the intrusion of glaciers.

22 Jan 1880 – SCIENTIFIC GLEANINGS.

I received an astonishing email from a major researcher in the area of climate change. He said, “We have to get rid of the Medieval Warm Period.”

Dr. David Deming
University of Oklahoma College of Earth and Energy

U.S. Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works

the MBH (Mann Bradley Hughes) camp have a fundamental dislike for the very concept of the MWP, so I tend to view their evaluations as starting out from a somewhat biased perspective, i.e. the cup is not only “half-empty”; it is demonstrably “broken”.

I just don’t want to get into an open critique of the Esper data because it would just add fuel to the MBH attack squad. They tend to work in their own somewhat agenda-filled ways. We should also work on this stuff on our own, but I do not think that we have an agenda per se, other than trying to objectively understand what is going on.

Dr. Edward R. Cook
Director, Tree-Ring Laboratory
Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory

Al Gore and Trump talk about climate change - Page 2 Screenhunter_1203-jul-21-22-28

Al Gore and Trump talk about climate change - Page 2 Screenhunter_1221-jul-22-06-39

Likewise, there was never any question about the existence of the spike in temperatures in 1940, and subsequent cooling. This graph was in the 1975 National Academy of Sciences Report

Al Gore and Trump talk about climate change - Page 2 Screenhunter_600-jun-21-17-05

Al Gore and Trump talk about climate change - Page 2 Screenhunter_1763-aug-08-05-57

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-12-07, 20:21

I'm curious what the trend was in the 1300's and 1400's. Where's your news articles, LG?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-12-07, 20:34

xsanguine wrote:I'm curious what the trend was in the 1300's and 1400's. Where's your news articles, LG?

Included in an earlier post - from the 1990 IPCC report. IOW BEFORE Global Warming became a religion.

Here's a rough temp chart showing the MWP when it was a LOT warmer than now.....when "Greenland" got it's name.

Al Gore and Trump talk about climate change - Page 2 Screenhunter_505-jun-15-19-25
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-12-07, 21:11

LooseGoose wrote:
steveschneider wrote:
1) that information is so old and outdated.

2) the doctor cited in that article that you listed, I googled him and he's done a lot of current research on the dangers of accelerated climate change. https://www.uq.edu.au/news/article/2016/11/accelerated-level-of-climate-change-impacting-ecological-processes

There is something 2016 where he is an advocate for curbing emissions.

3) Their forecast past 2000 where they forecast a cooling period is off. There have been record high temps.

It's old and outdated because it's a prediction that actually came true unlike every prediction of the "climate scientists" over the past 30 years.

And your 3 is absolutely incorrect - even the global warming pushers have acknowledged there have been 18 years of steady temps? We've had a pause in the rise of temps since at least the year 2000. Even the IPCC no longer disputes that.

My #3 is spot on and supported over and over by top research.

http://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

Very quick site with a very good presentation with brief almost tweet sized write ups of the warming issues this planet is currently facing.

I will even email the scientist in your 1974 article and get his take on the article you sent me. I'm betting the odds are pretty damn good he will respond.

This is an emerging crisis but people are in extreme denial about the demise of man kind. It's like those giddy aristocrats on their way to the guillotine. They couldn't believe it was happening. LITERALLY.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2016-12-07, 21:34

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:So cheesy what are you exactly getting at? scratch

It's a population problem...too many humans (among a multitude of issues that causes) need too many animals (IE livestock) and those animals and their flatulence account for the majority of the problem. Not human consumption of natural resources.
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2016-12-07, 21:39

GRR Spartan wrote:
CheesySpartan wrote:Remember when it was called "Global Warming" until that was disproved and it reappeared as "Climate Change"? No shit the climates changing! Pretty hard to disprove that one. Al Gore and Trump talk about climate change - Page 2 1494614055

Its funny. I'll laugh my ass off when a February tornado destroys your home.

Why do some people think science is an ala catre menu. I'll believe science when I take my child to their doctor. I'll listen to the oncologist if my spouse or myself are diagnosed with cancer.

But those climate guys? They don't know shit.

Thanks for the well wishes...
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-12-07, 22:46

CheesySpartan wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:So cheesy what are you exactly getting at? scratch

It's a population problem...too many humans (among a multitude of issues that causes) need too many animals (IE livestock) and those animals and their flatulence account for the majority of the problem. Not human consumption of natural resources.

xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2016-12-07, 23:24

xsanguine wrote:
CheesySpartan wrote:

LMFAO!
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-12-08, 00:16

CheesySpartan wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

LMFAO!

xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-12-08, 01:35

Goose- even if your screenshots of old internet articles are true (which considering you have a 1906 article about glaciers, before a single person had even set foot on the north pole, I sort of cast doubt on and even if it's real. I mean shit the titanic was in 1912 so did they even really know that glacier meant ice at that point? I mean come on but whatever) then what is it that you're trying to protect? See, its not "I'm defending some value I have that you disagree with" like other times. This time all you're saying is "you're wrong I hate you."

I mean, seriously, even if hypothetically you're right, what is so wrong with not having acid rain or polluted rivers? Is that really the worst idea ever? And, like I said before, what if you (in your infinite science wisdom based mostly off of random shit from the internet) is wrong? What happens then? Are you really that confident considering you're definitely relying on the research of others?

Again, so am I, but the research of my "others" doesn't involve a cataclysmic disaster if they're wrong. Yours do. What is it that you're even trying to gain in this argument? $0.10 cheaper gas? At most? Shit man. If you don't even consider the prospect that your side might be wrong on this one.... Its tough when you say "I swear I'm not a partisan hack you guys for realz!"
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-12-08, 08:37

What I'm trying to show is that the climate has been changing forever, always has been and always will be.

Keep those newspaper articles from 100 years ago and more in mind every time you see a screeching headline about glaciers melting or the poles going to open seas. People have been making the same wrong predictions for 100s of years, have been wrong every time thus far but THIS time they're right? Christ you're a bunch of modern day Millerites.

Polluted rivers have nothing to do with the "climate change" shit. Clean air, clean water, etc have broad support and have made a huge difference. Keep in mind that the same party that's opposing this shit passed that, again you and others will protest me bringing that up but the facts are the facts.

I guarantee that I have one of the smallest carbon "footprints" on this board. I know without a doubt that my footprint is minuscule compared to Gore or DeCaprio. I don't need those assholes preaching to me while living in multiple 30,000sqft houses and traveling the world in their yachts and private jets. Walk the walk or STFU.

The actual warmest year on record was 1936, but to know that you need to delve deeply. Past the bullshit and the hype - this board isn't the place for that. Even that means little because when the papers etc talk about the "warmest year ever" they actually mean the warmest since we've kept records. So about 140 years - not even an ass hair in the scope of time on earth.

This warming then cooling hysteria has been going on for that same 140 years - the records are there in the newspapers. Too bad you scoff at them as random. The scientists were selling an ice age coming in the 70s - I'm old enough to remember it.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-12-08, 08:39

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Goose- even if your screenshots of old internet articles are true (which considering you have a 1906 article about glaciers, before a single person had even set foot on the north pole,

Glaciers are all over the world, not at the poles.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-12-08, 11:10

Al Gore and Trump talk about climate change - Page 2 Screen-Shot-2016-12-07-at-8.59.27-AM-down
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-12-08, 11:14

And you people continue to get your fake Climate News from places like this:

Yale University has been a top contender for fake news, with impressively fraudulent articles like this one claiming autumn in the Arctic was 36 degrees above normal.
Al Gore and Trump talk about climate change - Page 2 Screen-Shot-2016-12-07-at-6.50.48-AM-down

Al Gore and Trump talk about climate change - Page 2 NUUK_GL_AverageMeanAutumnTemperature_Jan_Dec_1895_2016-1024x459

Al Gore and Trump talk about climate change - Page 2 REYKJAVIK_IC_AverageMeanAutumnTemperature_Jan_Dec_1895_2016-1024x459

Anyone see 36 degrees above normal on those charts?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-12-08, 11:16

Another one from back when the ice age was going to kill us all.

Al Gore and Trump talk about climate change - Page 2 Screen-Shot-2016-09-25-at-10.07.08-PM-down
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-12-08, 11:20

Oh and here's the 1901 scare over Co2.....none of this shit is new folks. Just recycled trash to scare the masses.

In 1901, Knut Angstrom showed that Arrhenius didn’t know what he was talking about with his global warming theories. CO2 absorption is already nearly saturated, so additional increases in CO2 have little effect.
Al Gore and Trump talk about climate change - Page 2 Screen-Shot-2016-12-06-at-4.48.21-AM-down

Arrhenius also ignored H2O in his calculations, which produces most of the greenhouse effect. As a result of his “inadmissable” error, Arrhenius overestimated the effects of CO2 by about 96%.

Al Gore and Trump talk about climate change - Page 2 Screen-Shot-2016-12-06-at-4.47.33-AM-down
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-12-08, 11:23

http://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-12-08, 11:23

http://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-12-08, 11:24

But it gets worse. Peter also appears to be trying to fool his readers into believing a hole in Antarctic sea ice may also be due to global warming. Note the not very subtle placement of the words “clarion call of global warming” next to the Antarctic sea ice graph above. Nothing in his article supports that idea, but his intent to lead the reader towards that conclusion is clear.

Here is the latest satellite map of Antarctic sea ice, showing a large hole in the ice.

Al Gore and Trump talk about climate change - Page 2 S_daily_extent-2

The same hole in the ice appeared from 1974-1976 at the peak of the ice age scare.

Al Gore and Trump talk about climate change - Page 2 Screen-Shot-2016-12-06-at-2.04.05-AM

In January of 1976, Antarctic sea ice almost completely disappeared.

Al Gore and Trump talk about climate change - Page 2 Screen-Shot-2016-12-06-at-2.10.50-AM-down-486x1024

At that time, the Canberra Times was pimping global cooling and the ice age scare.
Al Gore and Trump talk about climate change - Page 2 CnGsMkpUsAENrA-
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-12-08, 11:24

http://www.skepticalscience.com/global-warming-scientific-consensus-intermediate.htm
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-12-08, 11:25

Al Gore and Trump talk about climate change - Page 2 CgvBFXNU0AAXd1_

Antarctic sea ice extent has nothing to do with either fake global cooling scares or fake global warming scares. The ice behaves the same during both. But Peter Hannam gets readers by writing fake climate news articles for the Australian press.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-12-08, 11:25

http://www.iop.org/news/13/may/page_60200.html
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-12-08, 11:28

Rolling Eyes Al Gore and Trump talk about climate change - Page 2 502811600

Thank you for proving that we have been talking about climate change for many years Goose. Thank you.

Goose is not a republican.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-12-08, 11:29

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-to-determine-the-scientific-consensus-on-global-warming/
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-12-08, 11:30

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:http://www.skepticalscience.com/global-warming-scientific-consensus-intermediate.htm

The 97% number is and always has been pure bullshit.

Global Warming Alarmists Caught Doctoring '97-Percent Consensus' Claims

97% Study Falsely Classifies Scientists' Papers, according to the scientists that published them

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-12-08, 11:31

97 Articles Refuting The “97% Consensus”

The 97% “consensus” study, Cook et al. (2013) has been thoroughly refuted in scholarly peer-reviewed journals, by major news media, public policy organizations and think tanks, highly credentialed scientists and extensively in the climate blogosphere. The shoddy methodology of Cook’s study has been shown to be so fatally flawed that well known climate scientists have publicly spoken out against it,

“The ‘97% consensus’ article is poorly conceived, poorly designed and poorly executed. It obscures the complexities of the climate issue and it is a sign of the desperately poor level of public and policy debate in this country [UK] that the energy minister should cite it.”

– Mike Hulme, Ph.D. Professor of Climate Change, University of East Anglia (UEA)

The following is a list of 97 articles that refute Cook’s (poorly conceived, poorly designed and poorly executed) 97% “consensus” study. The fact that anyone continues to bring up such soundly debunked nonsense like Cook’s study is an embarrassment to science.

Summary: Cook et al. (2013) attempted to categorize 11,944 abstracts of papers (not entire papers) to their level of endorsement of AGW and found 7930 (66%) held no position on AGW. While only 65 papers (0.5%) explicitly endorsed and quantified AGW as +50% (Humans are the primary cause). Their methodology was so fatally flawed that they falsely classified skeptic papers as endorsing AGW, apparently believing to know more about the papers than their authors. Cook et al.’s author self-ratings simply confirmed the worthlessness of their methodology, as they were not representative of the sample since only 4% of the authors (1189 of 29,083) rated their own papers and of these 63% disagreed with their abstract ratings.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-12-08, 11:32

http://reason.com/archives/2015/04/03/what-evidence-would-persuade-you-that-ma
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-12-08, 11:32

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Rolling Eyes Al Gore and Trump talk about climate change - Page 2 502811600

Thank you for proving that we have been talking about climate change for many years Goose. Thank you.

Goose is not a republican.

And we'll be talking about it it 100 years from now....because the climate is always changing.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-12-08, 11:33

LooseGoose wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:http://www.skepticalscience.com/global-warming-scientific-consensus-intermediate.htm

The 97% number is and always has been pure bullshit.

Global Warming Alarmists Caught Doctoring '97-Percent Consensus' Claims

97% Study Falsely Classifies Scientists' Papers, according to the scientists that published them

I don't believe your psuedo-science, sorry. I stopped reading when I saw "liberal media". Your argument is fucking dumb and politically biased Goose.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next