Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Al Gore and Trump talk about climate change

+18
NigelUno
DWags
Turtleneck
tGreenWay
Rocinante
Floyd Robertson
Herbie Green
AnomanderRake
I.B. Fine
Cameron
xsanguine
CheesySpartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
Travis of the Cosmos
InTenSity
The_Dude
GRR Spartan
steveschneider
22 posters

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Go down

Al Gore and Trump talk about climate change - Page 14 Empty Re: Al Gore and Trump talk about climate change

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-04-07, 13:40

Rocinante wrote:Climate change is the perfect storm of impossible for the human brain to deal with.  We just don’t naturally think at that scale. Therefore, we go into defense mode and deny deny deny.  It’s perfectly natural and while I forgive us for thinking that way, I do not forgive those that are exploiting that natural instinct to set policy that ignores he facts. Goose. I forgive you.
I don’t. I don’t agree with the idea that there’s anything logical behind a position that says “we might all be fucked, and experts say were all fucked, but I’m going to ignore them and believe bullshit because the side that is against abortion also loves oil companies so hard.” That’s a fucked position to take. There’d be nothing wrong with saying “I think abortion is wrong and I also think oil companies are bullshit and I want to give those babies that are born a chance at life” but he doesn’t because he’s a whore.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Al Gore and Trump talk about climate change - Page 14 Empty Re: Al Gore and Trump talk about climate change

Post by tGreenWay 2018-04-07, 19:59

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Climate change is the perfect storm of impossible for the human brain to deal with.  We just don’t naturally think at that scale. Therefore, we go into defense mode and deny deny deny.  It’s perfectly natural and while I forgive us for thinking that way, I do not forgive those that are exploiting that natural instinct to set policy that ignores he facts. Goose. I forgive you.
I don’t. I don’t agree with the idea that there’s anything logical behind a position that says “we might all be fucked, and experts say were all fucked, but I’m going to ignore them and believe bullshit because the side that is against abortion also loves oil companies so hard.” That’s a fucked position to take. There’d be nothing wrong with saying “I think abortion is wrong and I also think oil companies are bullshit and I want to give those babies that are born a chance at life” but he doesn’t because he’s a whore.

Like John McCain says, even if we’re wrong about climate change, what’s the worst that’s happened—made the planet a cleaner place for our grandkids?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-04-07, 20:41

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:If climate change isn’t a real thing, then why won’t Donnie let scientists talk about it, even if it’s to say it’s a hoax? If it’s fake news, why does our military still consider climate change a threat to national security?

lol as if you really believe Trump has silenced anyone - good lord man the evidence is all over regarding the falsity of that claim.

And in this case the military is right even as you would normally argue how wrong they are? Also are you saying the military is unaffected by politics? The same military they keeps lowering their standards so they can be more diverse?

The first bolded comment you made might be the most ignorant you’ve ever posted.

http://amp.slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/03/trumps-war-on-whistleblowers-goes-well-beyond-his-unenforceable-ndas.html

http://mainepublic.org/post/trump-administration-s-war-climate-policy-view-whistleblower-who-speaking-out

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/federal-governments-silence-on-climate-could-stymie-disaster-planning/

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/09/12/politics/trump-climate-change-silence/index.html

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/10/22/climate/epa-scientists.html

As to your last couple of comments: I dare you to show me even one time I’ve said the military was wrong. Go ahead. I’ll wait.
But yes, the military is always politicized because it’s run by politicians. Politics envelops the entire globe, and it’s political decisions based on global threats that drive the the direction and operation of our military. It’s the politicians I’ve called out routinely, especially when they make up defense policy based strictly on getting votes from their political party base. That’s pretty basic shit, Goose, so why are you acting as if it’s some great revelation you’ve made?

Finally, as to your last comment, it’s racist, and I’m guessing transphobic. Lowering our military standards so as to be more diverse? Now, before you throw another hissy fit about my use of the r-word, make sure to note I said your statement was racist and possibly transphobic. I did not say you were either of those things. But here’s your chance to disabuse me of the belief those comments are anything but what I said they were.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-04-08, 09:07

tGreenWay wrote:As to your last couple of comments: I dare you to show me even one time I’ve said the military was wrong. Go ahead. I’ll wait.

LOL, I'll get on this as soon as I hear back from the people I've made the same type of challenge. Until then I have no desire to read 1,000 pages of drivel here.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-04-08, 10:38

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:As to your last couple of comments: I dare you to show me even one time I’ve said the military was wrong. Go ahead. I’ll wait.

LOL, I'll get on this as soon as I hear back from the people I've made the same type of challenge. Until then I have no desire to read 1,000 pages of drivel here.

Al Gore and Trump talk about climate change - Page 14 502811600
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-04-08, 16:52

LooseGoose wrote:

I accept your apology. It takes a person of honor to admit their mistake.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-08-22, 11:43

And again, Europe and others run their mouths.....but their actions don't match their rhetoric.

Study: U.S. Leads World In Reducing CO2 Emissions, While Paris Accord Nations Break Promises

Despite obviously hating the environment and doing everything we can to bring about its fiery destruction, including pulling out of the Paris Agreement on climate change last year, the United States has miraculously managed to do pretty well in curbing CO2. In fact, the anti-environment USA is doing better than any other country that signed the accord, including all of Europe and our neighbor to the north.

In a piece for The Washington Times, Heritage Foundation senior fellow Stephen Moore points to recent data showing that despite all the condemnation of the U.S. from other self-styled pro-environment countries, America is doing the most to curb carbon emissions.

But boy all their sweet talking does impress you fellas.....

Impeach Trump, bring on President Pence.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-22, 11:44

LooseGoose wrote:And again, Europe and others run their mouths.....but their actions don't match their rhetoric.

Study: U.S. Leads World In Reducing CO2 Emissions, While Paris Accord Nations Break Promises

Despite obviously hating the environment and doing everything we can to bring about its fiery destruction, including pulling out of the Paris Agreement on climate change last year, the United States has miraculously managed to do pretty well in curbing CO2. In fact, the anti-environment USA is doing better than any other country that signed the accord, including all of Europe and our neighbor to the north.

In a piece for The Washington Times, Heritage Foundation senior fellow Stephen Moore points to recent data showing that despite all the condemnation of the U.S. from other self-styled pro-environment countries, America is doing the most to curb carbon emissions.

thanks for the mainstream media link.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-08-22, 11:46

LooseGoose wrote:And again, Europe and others run their mouths.....but their actions don't match their rhetoric.

Welcome to the winning team Goose.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-01-29, 08:43

[tw]1090074254010404864[/tw]

Today's edition of This President Is Dumb.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-29, 08:49

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:[tw]1090074254010404864[/tw]

shocked that a man of such intellect doesn't know the difference in "weather" and "climate".

what doesn't shock me is that a fine "pro-life" "christian" like him mocks a weather system that has already led to the death of quite a few folks.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 2019-01-29, 09:50

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:[tw]1090074254010404864[/tw]

I ate today. I guess we fixed kids going to bed hungry.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2019-01-29, 19:39

The NOAA tried to put it in terms Orange Fuckface could understand:

[tw]1090263390503596032[/tw]
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-05-07, 14:05

One million species face extinction, U.N. report says. And humans will suffer as a result.

Nearly 150 authors from 50 nations worked for three years to compile the report by the Intergovernmental Science-Policy Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services — a panel with 132 member nations, including the United States. Representatives of each member nation signed off on the findings.

No word from Trump yet.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-05-07, 14:09

Floyd Robertson wrote: One million species face extinction, U.N. report says. And humans will suffer as a result.

Nearly 150 authors from 50 nations worked for three years to compile the report by the Intergovernmental Science-Policy Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services — a panel with 132 member nations, including the United States. Representatives of each member nation signed off on the findings.

No word from Trump yet.

Pretty funny that as an animal we are smart enough to identify the problem that will destroy us all a few decades from now but too stupid to do anything about it.

Last edited by steveschneider on 2019-05-07, 14:10; edited 1 time in total
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 2019-05-07, 14:10

Floyd Robertson wrote: One million species face extinction, U.N. report says. And humans will suffer as a result.

No word from Trump yet.

Tough to reply to something you don't believe in.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-05-07, 14:12

msugolfguy wrote:

No word from Trump yet.

Well, TBF, global warming came back and winter ended, if you ask Trump.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-05-29, 08:59

USDA farms out economists whose work challenges Trump policies

Ha, if you don't want to hear dissent about your policies, move them out of earshot.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-05-29, 09:55

Floyd Robertson wrote:
msugolfguy wrote:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/27/us/politics/trump-climate-science.html

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-05-29, 10:01

steveschneider wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/27/us/politics/trump-climate-science.html

Outright disgusting behavior from a U.S. president and his henchmen.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-07-16, 16:09

Hey, here's a pretty concise portrayal of Guest's global warming logic. Sometimes I miss him... sometimes.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-09-26, 15:37

https://splinternews.com/fuck-it-lets-sacrifice-to-odin-1838490655
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-09-28, 09:09

[tw]1177177264779194368[/tw]
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-09-28, 10:26

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:[tw]1177177264779194368[/tw]

Al Gore and Trump talk about climate change - Page 14 502811600
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-10-16, 08:47

Michele Bachman has read the bible and decided that climate change is a fraud because, in the Old Testament, God Promised Moses there would be no more floods.  Thus wants all pastors to start preaching against it.  
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-02-14, 13:00

70 in Antarctica nice!

Shit sorry wrong link.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-02-14, 13:10

January was the hottest in 148 years or some shit, but 2 degrees.

January 2020 was the hottest in modern recorded history, NOAA says
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-08-07, 10:17

Lots of classic dumbfuckery in this thread. Come back Guest!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14