Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial 2017 Detroit Tigers Thread: We suck again (again - AUAlum whined)

+20
Dendrobates
The_Dude
Watch Out Pylon!
Tim Wakefield
msuspartan4eva
tGreenWay
Floyd Robertson
Death Roe
Other Teams Pursuing That
AnomanderRake
P Rob
MattyFresh
BleacherSwill
GRR Spartan
WhiteBoyHatcher
tTy
Steve81
aualum06
DWags
steveschneider
24 posters

Page 14 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next

Go down

tOfficial 2017 Detroit Tigers Thread: We suck again (again - AUAlum whined) - Page 14 Empty Re: tOfficial 2017 Detroit Tigers Thread: We suck again (again - AUAlum whined)

Post by aualum06 Fri 14 Apr 2017 - 23:08

Worst bullpen in baseball
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

tOfficial 2017 Detroit Tigers Thread: We suck again (again - AUAlum whined) - Page 14 Empty Re: tOfficial 2017 Detroit Tigers Thread: We suck again (again - AUAlum whined)

Post by Guest Fri 14 Apr 2017 - 23:11

Frankie just wanted the save.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri 14 Apr 2017 - 23:12

If they blow this game honestly you can shut the season down.

Ok. Still alive.

I typed that out and I'm still gonna post it. Can you imagine if they blew it?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Fri 14 Apr 2017 - 23:14

Can always count on the Jackson k
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Fri 14 Apr 2017 - 23:14

LooseGoose wrote:Frankie just wanted the save.

It would have been a save without the granny
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Apr 2017 - 23:17

aualum06 wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Frankie just wanted the save.

Oh. I thought it had to be within 3 runs. Did they change that?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Apr 2017 - 23:19

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:If they blow this game honestly you can shut the season down.

Ok. Still alive.

It would have been grim. Especially in light of last year's performance vs Cleveland.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri 14 Apr 2017 - 23:20

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:If they blow this game honestly you can shut the season down.

Ok. Still alive.

The last bullpen implosion I can recall that bad was against the Twins. Verlander pitched a gem and then they dropped something like 8 runs to blow it in the 9th. I believe Dozier won it with a walk off.

Seriously, what a fucking shit show the relief pitching on this team is. It has been 5 fucking years, and they still can't fix the fucking pen.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri 14 Apr 2017 - 23:23

LooseGoose wrote:

Ok. Still alive.

It would have been grim. Especially in light of last year's performance vs Cleveland.

Still damaging. After the game you could tell by the body language of the Tigers that they know this team is flawed. You were right he other day when you said this team has something special, and they are for the first 6 innings. After that they are up shits creek without a paddle.

Cleveland smells blood and I bet they take the next two.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Apr 2017 - 23:24

I have to say I kinda like the Tigers again tomorrow with JV vs Kluber. Kluber has sucked so far this year.

JV will be amped to keep up with Norris.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sat 15 Apr 2017 - 0:13

LooseGoose wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

Oh. I thought it had to be within 3 runs. Did they change that?

Or tying run on deck or pitch the last three innings
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat 15 Apr 2017 - 0:30

I don't know how much I can blame Dombrowski/Avila. They tried to keep the team competitive. They lucked into some serious offensive HP, and at one point coupled that with serious SP horsepower. That doesn't seem to be the way the game is trending, though. It seems to favor teams that have high OBP, can run the bases well, field like aces and have great bullpens. There is no amount of tweaking to the current roster to make that transition. I suppose in some regards - especially considering the shift in ownership - better to try to ride it out and make one last run with your wrecking crew.

I still would love to see a trade to take away a bit of the offensive HP for a solid BP arm. I'm not kidding myself that they could get a Miller/Betances/Chapman type of guy for a 'rental' on a JDM/Upton but just....something.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sat 15 Apr 2017 - 0:47

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I don't know how much I can blame Dombrowski/Avila. They tried to keep the team competitive. They lucked into some serious offensive HP, and at one point coupled that with serious SP horsepower. That doesn't seem to be the way the game is trending, though. It seems to favor teams that have high OBP, can run the bases well, field like aces and have great bullpens. There is no amount of tweaking to the current roster to make that transition. I suppose in some regards - especially considering the shift in ownership - better to try to ride it out and make one last run with your wrecking crew.

I still would love to see a trade to take away a bit of the offensive HP for a solid BP arm. I'm not kidding myself that they could get a Miller/Betances/Chapman type of guy for a 'rental' on a JDM/Upton but just....something.

Bullpens ate so fickle, it's one of the reasons different teams contend every year
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Apr 2017 - 7:39

Lee Panas‏ @tiger337 9h9 hours ago
More
Cuevas fits nicely into the Tigers bullpen.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat 15 Apr 2017 - 7:42

aualum06 wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I don't know how much I can blame Dombrowski/Avila. They tried to keep the team competitive. They lucked into some serious offensive HP, and at one point coupled that with serious SP horsepower. That doesn't seem to be the way the game is trending, though. It seems to favor teams that have high OBP, can run the bases well, field like aces and have great bullpens. There is no amount of tweaking to the current roster to make that transition. I suppose in some regards - especially considering the shift in ownership - better to try to ride it out and make one last run with your wrecking crew.

Bullpens ate so fickle, it's one of the reasons different teams contend every year

And our last championship was a direct result of a set up man and a hot as hell closer. Two of the best in baseball. If you weren't up on the 84 tigers by the 7th inning, you had no chance to beat them. you had 18 outs to try to get against damn good starting pictures, because the last 9 were not going to be pleasant trying to come from behind.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sat 15 Apr 2017 - 9:48

LooseGoose wrote:I have to say I kinda like the Tigers again tomorrow with JV vs Kluber. Kluber has sucked so far this year.

JV will be amped to keep up with Norris.

JV historically struggles in Cleveland.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sat 15 Apr 2017 - 9:49

I think there's some blame that can be put on Dombrowksi.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sat 15 Apr 2017 - 9:57

steveschneider wrote:

Yeah he should have kept Price and Cespedes instead of trading them for Norris, Boyd, and Jones. At least we would still have a real GM.
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Sat 15 Apr 2017 - 10:03

LooseGoose wrote:Lee Panas‏ @tiger337 9h9 hours ago
More
Cuevas fits nicely into the Tigers bullpen.

The only other guy I remember named Cuevas was the little dude that Hearns pummeled in round 1 to win his first belt. Not a good omen.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Apr 2017 - 10:11

aualum06 wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Yeah he should have kept Price and Cespedes instead of trading them for Norris, Boyd, and Jones. At least we would still have a real GM.

You forgot Fulmer.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sat 15 Apr 2017 - 10:21

aualum06 wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

His 'reboot' was brilliant but it didn't address the bullpen. He's been inept at fixing up or finding bullpen arms since 2012.

I'm with WBH I'd love to see them trade a bat for a good relief pitcher.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Apr 2017 - 10:27

steveschneider wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

His 'reboot' was brilliant but it didn't address the bullpen. He's been inept at fixing up or finding bullpen arms since 2012.

Send Mahtook down, promote Gose. There's your trade.

;-)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sat 15 Apr 2017 - 10:41

steveschneider wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

His reboot cost him his job. At least he attempted to solve the bullpen instead of over paying for Justin Upton and resigning his son. Although Avila is a solid back up catcher
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Apr 2017 - 11:32

Jason Beck‏Verified account @beckjason 1m1 minute ago
More
Bullpen move with Toledo: William Cuevas optioned back to @MudHens. Warwick Saupold called up.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Apr 2017 - 11:38

ESPN Stats & Info‏Verified account @ESPNStatsInfo 11h11 hours ago
More
Francisco Rodríguez: 1st pitcher in nearly 10 years to enter a game in the 9th inning or later, allow a grand slam, and still get a save.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat 15 Apr 2017 - 14:44

Which one of you started this?

Fan starts go find me to buy out Anibal
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Sat 15 Apr 2017 - 15:42

LooseGoose wrote:ESPN Stats & Info‏Verified account @ESPNStatsInfo 11h11 hours ago
More
Francisco Rodríguez: 1st pitcher in nearly 10 years to enter a game in the 9th inning or later, allow a grand slam, and still get a save.
Tigers were awful luck to get out of the 8th only giving up 1
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Sat 15 Apr 2017 - 16:06

DWags wrote:Which one of you started this?

Fan starts go find me to buy out Anibal

OK, that's pretty funny.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Sat 15 Apr 2017 - 16:19

OTD in 1983 PH Jerry Hairston ruined Milt's perfect game. Remember that one vividly.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Sat 15 Apr 2017 - 16:28

JV rocked.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sat 15 Apr 2017 - 16:29

Floyd Robertson wrote:JV rocked.

It would help if the offense would actually put together a decent at bat. Miggy struck out on a pitch looking that was a hanger that he should have crushed
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Sat 15 Apr 2017 - 16:50

Welp
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sat 15 Apr 2017 - 17:03

Need to attack kluber early in the count. He's leaving some balls in the zone that they are taking
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sat 15 Apr 2017 - 17:08

Home run derby for the Indians
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sat 15 Apr 2017 - 17:22

JUp trying to lead a comeback
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sat 15 Apr 2017 - 17:23

435 feet
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Apr 2017 - 17:46

Tonight the over is covered early.....now we need moar rally.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sat 15 Apr 2017 - 18:05

Bullpen comes in and immediately can't throw strikes.
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Apr 2017 - 18:08

aualum06 wrote:Bullpen comes in and immediately can't throw strikes.

I think we need to blame Wags for the bullpen.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next