Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Russians and the 2016 Election PT II

+16
AnomanderRake
The_Dude
Watch Out Pylon!
steveschneider
InTenSity
Rocinante
TheReal_LWS
I.B. Fine
Cameron
Robert J Sakimano
Blanch32
NigelUno
Other Teams Pursuing That
GRR Spartan
Turtleneck
DWags
20 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

The Russians and the 2016 Election PT II - Page 4 Empty Re: The Russians and the 2016 Election PT II

Post by steveschneider Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:20 pm

LooseGoose wrote:LOL - "fake" news has been around for decades, good to see you're aware of the shit you've been fed.

Want an example? Delve into the GHWBush and the grocery store scanner story from the 1992 campaign. Completely made up story fed to the public as "truth".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akLjzTisZoI

http://www.nytimes.com/1992/02/05/us/bush-encounters-the-supermarket-amazed.html

Seems for the most part consistent. To be fair this line could takes it a bit far 'The look of wonder flickered across his face again as he saw the item and price registered on the cash register screen. '

Whatever, people made way too much out of that moment. I go through the self checkout aisle and am a total moron trying to scan the prices. President Bush Sr. did a better job than me.

Either way, there's human error in journalism. It's not perfect but that story doesn't reek of a huge egregious error or a major falsehood to me.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

The Russians and the 2016 Election PT II - Page 4 Empty Re: The Russians and the 2016 Election PT II

Post by steveschneider Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:25 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I don't trust the source and I tell this to my progressive friends all the time as well. They rely mostly on independent journalism.

We live in an age of so much deception on the internet I apologize to you if that source is legit, but I've retreated to establishment news until we get a handle on this fake news problem.

Is Forbes establishment? Not hard to find verification.

Ted Kennedy's Soviet Gambit

Forbes is in the same band as CNN, Fox for me. I have issues with them but here I go I'm reading. Thank you sir!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:16 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Is Forbes establishment? Not hard to find verification.

Ted Kennedy's Soviet Gambit

You are the grand master of straw man arguments. This is why no one can have a serious debate with you.

Links to real stories are straw men?

OK, sorry that I have this thing to show people that no matter what the press says there really is nothing new under the sun.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:17 pm

So I read up on it and did further research into it. Pretty interesting story.

The Forbes link you sent is a Reagan speech writer famous for the 'tear down the wall' speech. Great speech btw. He's convinced of it.

I went and read the WSJ and searched their archives on it nothing. I went and read the Ted Kennedy obituary on the WSJ and they didn't let him off easy in it, but there was no mention of this.

I went and read the politifact take on it, and I'm not a huge fan of that site either. They made a case against it.

The on part of the politifact article I found interesting:

In 1985, Reagan himself approved using Kennedy this way and a working relationship grew between Kampelman and Kennedy.

While it is possible that the administration never caught wind of any contacts Tunney had with the KGB, it is worth noting that when the archivists at the Reagan Library searched the White House files on Kennedy, no episode involving the USSR in 1983 popped up.

and

In the Reagan years, Kenneth Adelman served as deputy U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. and then director of the U.S. Arms Control and Disarmament Agency. We asked Adelman what he made of the KGB memo, and he dismissed it.

He had no idea if an overture might have been made, but even it had, Adelman said it didn’t matter.

"We knew senators were doing this sort of thing all the time and we ignored it," Adelman said. "We didn’t think it was important, and it wasn’t. The administration didn’t care about it."

Stephen Cohen, a political scientist at Princeton University and New York University, suggested that KGB memos shouldn’t be taken at face value.

"As someone who has worked for years in once closed Soviet-era archives, I can tell you that many false documents can be found there," Cohen told PunditFact. "As the saying goes, rubbish in, rubbish out."

---

In short Goose, I find it interesting but the jury is still out for me.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:26 pm

More deflection by Goose.

Yesterday he tried to place the blame on the Russian hacks at the feet of the Clinton campaign as part of another conspiracy.

Its now challenge the messenger. Everybody has fake news.
That dog won't hunt.

Besides challenging the voracity of the CIA findings, President elect Trump is now claiming he's a smart guy and will have VP Pence present for the daily intelligence meetings because Trump doesn't have to hear the same thing day after day.

So we have a President elect who is saying the CIA didn't produce an accurate report about Russian hacking and the same day saying he doesn't need to be present at the daily intelligence briefing so he's pass that off to the VP.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:18 pm

NM

Last edited by steveschneider on Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:26 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

You are the grand master of straw man arguments. This is why no one can have a serious debate with you.

OK, sorry that I have this thing to show people that no matter what the press says there really is nothing new under the sun.

Um... yeah. Do you know the definition of a strawman arguement?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:18 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Yes I do, I've accused others of using them. For years. Perhaps decades.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:22 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Then why would you ask that question? I'm not convinced you know the definition of a strawman arguement.

Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:53 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Then why would you ask that question? I'm not convinced you know the definition of a strawman arguement.

shut up nigel
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:57 am

Blanch32 wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

shut up nigel

Still mad that I took over tBob?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:19 am

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

shut up nigel

mad? shit, I'm embarrassed for you. how many times do you need to bump your own threads? so pathetic nigel
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:51 am

man, Goose is mad.

I'd like to remind him that Trump supporters are a bunch of simple-minded knuckle-draggers..

I'm sorry if he wants me to be PC.. or if that hurts his feelings.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:19 am

Blanch32 wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

mad?  shit, I'm embarrassed for you.  how many times do you need to bump your own threads?  so pathetic nigel

Whatever you say, The_Real_Nigel.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:44 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:man, Goose is mad. I'd like to remind him that Trump supporters are a bunch of simple-minded knuckle-draggers.. I'm sorry if he wants me to be PC.. or if that hurts his feelings.

Yep, I'm shaking with anger.

The Russians and the 2016 Election PT II - Page 4 980x
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:47 am

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

mad?  shit, I'm embarrassed for you.  how many times do you need to bump your own threads?  so pathetic nigel

Whatever you say, The_Real_Nigel.

you are definitely nigel! that's his tilt response!
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:54 am

LooseGoose wrote:Question for anyone reading this thread:

If say Mikhail Gorbachev were to come to the US and campaign with/for a candidate how would you feel about that?

Would it be ok? Would it depend on which candidate he supported? Would it not matter because even though he's Russian he's no longer in power?

Bump....

I notice no one wanted to answer these questions.....any reason why?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:00 pm

LooseGoose wrote:

If say Mikhail Gorbachev were to come to the US and campaign with/for a candidate how would you feel about that?

Would it be ok? Would it depend on which candidate he supported? Would it not matter because even though he's Russian he's no longer in power?

Bump....

Seemed like a dumb hypothetical to me.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:04 pm

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Bump....

it's funny watching republicans defend Trump and his ties to Russia.

Remember when they were the party of patriotism and got all upset because Obama didn't wear a flag lapel pin that time?

The Russians and the 2016 Election PT II - Page 4 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:29 pm

LooseGoose wrote:

Bump....

If you're including me, I'm done here. Couldn't take Bob and frankly won't take your stuff here. My best man is a poster here. He is a great person but like you and Bob is single minded and stubborn in his politics. I can't even read his stuff on Facebook. But hanging with him he's the coolest guy ever and goes out of his way to help people. So, it's best to just drop this shit in this board. Too frustrating. Go back and read this thread. My point about undermining us elections and democracy gets pulled into I'm a leftist. It's not heard by many in this thread so why.bother? You guys solve the worlds problems. I'm done

Edit: well my best man almost got in a fight with Blaha at Dagwood once. We had to step in. That wasn't cool

Last edited by DWags on Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:31 pm

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Bump....

If you're including me, I'm done here. Couldn't take Bob and frankly won't take your stuff here. My best man is a poster here. He is a great person but like you and Bob is single minded and stubborn in his politics. I can't even read his stuff on Facebook. But hanging with him he's the coolest guy ever and goes out of his way to help people. So, it's best to just drop this shit in this board. Too frustrating. Go back and read this thread. My point about undermining us elections and democracy gets pulled into I'm a leftist. It's not heard by many in this thread so why.bother? You guys solve the worlds problems. I'm done
that makes you a great American. The Russians and the 2016 Election PT II - Page 4 3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:37 pm

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Bump....

If you're including me, I'm done here. Couldn't take Bob and frankly won't take your stuff here. My best man is a poster here. He is a great person but like you and Bob is single minded and stubborn in his politics. I can't even read his stuff on Facebook. But hanging with him he's the coolest guy ever and goes out of his way to help people.  So, it's best to just drop this shit in this board. Too frustrating. Go back and read this thread. My point about undermining us elections and democracy gets pulled into I'm a leftist.  It's not heard by many in this thread so why.bother?  You guys solve the worlds problems. I'm done

I hear you loud and clear Dwags.

Also, good news for us sane ones. McConnel is calling for a congressional investigation. Even Priebus in his Chuck Todd denial interview said we shouldn't allow DNC emails to be hacked and a source to ABC is maintaining that Priebus is wrong the RNC was hacked.

Obama should declassify the CIA findings, the insane right lead by Trump is falling into the fact free zone of denying any credible institution.

They are trying to shift the debate to who you gonna believe? Me (Trump) or our CIA? PFFFT these are the same folks that were wrong about Iraq having weapons of mass destruction.

The far lefts debate is we had it coming to us, Karma for what we did in Chile with Pinochet.

The sane folks in this debate are right in the middle.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:43 pm

steveschneider wrote:
DWags wrote:

If you're including me, I'm done here. Couldn't take Bob and frankly won't take your stuff here. My best man is a poster here. He is a great person but like you and Bob is single minded and stubborn in his politics. I can't even read his stuff on Facebook. But hanging with him he's the coolest guy ever and goes out of his way to help people.  So, it's best to just drop this shit in this board. Too frustrating. Go back and read this thread. My point about undermining us elections and democracy gets pulled into I'm a leftist.  It's not heard by many in this thread so why.bother?  You guys solve the worlds problems. I'm done

I hear you loud and clear Dwags.

Also, good news for us sane ones. McConnel is calling for a congressional investigation. Even Priebus in his Chuck Todd denial interview said we shouldn't allow DNC emails to be hacked and a source to ABC is maintaining that Priebus is wrong the RNC was hacked.

Obama should declassify the CIA findings, the insane right lead by Trump is falling into the fact free zone of denying any credible institution.

They are trying to shift the debate to who you gonna believe? Me (Trump) or our CIA? PFFFT these are the same folks that were wrong about Iraq having weapons of mass destruction.

The far lefts debate is we had it coming to us, Karma for what we did in Chile with Pinochet.

The sane folks in this debate are right in the middle.
it'll be fun watching the mainstream media cover for Trump on this one.  

I mean, he admits to sexually assaulting women and the knuckle-dragging deplorables don't care.. why should they care about something that they don't even understand? You say "Pinochet" and they pull up a chair thinkin' they've been invited to a card game.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:53 pm

BREAKING ####

Electors want briefing on Russian interference before Electoral College vote

-----

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:54 pm

steveschneider wrote:BREAKING ####

-----

Goose isn't going to be happy... because he didn't vote for Trump nor does he support him.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:14 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:BREAKING ####

-----

Goose isn't going to be happy... because he didn't vote for Trump nor does he support him.

That whole thing is a joke, no effect at all.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:15 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

That whole thing is a joke, no effect at all.
good.. maybe you'll stop trying to convince people otherwise.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:27 pm

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Bump....

I guess if you have no knowledge of history except what DailyKos kicked out today it wouldn't seem interesting.

Just keep in mind paybacks are hell and Hills got hers.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:36 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I guess if you have no knowledge of history except what DailyKos kicked out today it wouldn't seem interesting.

yeah - I'll never forgive her or her email account.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:16 pm

One thing that is ironic about this is that the CIA has alerted us to possible foreign intervention in our presidential election. This would be the same CIA that has likely interfered in countless foreign elections over the decades. And that would be among their most harmless activities.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:25 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I have no idea what DailyKos is.

Yes, you can take that statement literally.

And I still think it was a dumb hypothetical.

What if Castro campaigned in the US before he died? Would you care? Would it depend on which "asshole" he campaigned for?

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:31 pm

so far we have Republicans making excuse for their guy.. someone who is an admitted sexual predator, received the endorsement of the KKK and support via the hacking of United States government documents from a murderous dictatorship..

oh - and 80% of evangelicals voted for him.   The Russians and the 2016 Election PT II - Page 4 502811600   The Russians and the 2016 Election PT II - Page 4 502811600   The Russians and the 2016 Election PT II - Page 4 502811600

and they try to shame people like me into not calling them knuckle-draggers or whatever else might hurt their little feelings. Rolling Eyes
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:47 pm

Confirmed Putin directly involved in the US hacking. ***EDIT according to NBC news which is a dodgy news organization *****

Meanwhile the right wing is calling it all fake news.

That's USA 2016 for you.

Last edited by steveschneider on Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:24 pm

steveschneider wrote:Confirmed Putin directly involved in the US hacking.

That's USA 2016 for you.

Since you provide no link I assume you're relying on the Cynthia McFadden NBC report?

If so - listen to it closely, she provides no evidence, just more accusations based on leaks.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:40 pm

LooseGoose wrote:

That's USA 2016 for you.

Since you provide no link I assume you're relying on the Cynthia McFadden NBC report?

If so - listen to it closely, she provides no evidence, just more accusations based on leaks.

GOP forgot the main part, put country first.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:49 pm

That's USA 2016 for you.

Yet you have no evidence or 'confirmation.'

Election deniers are going full retarded.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:55 pm

LooseGoose wrote:

That's USA 2016 for you.

Good catch, sir. I fell for the Facebook crap people are bouncing around. I don't trust NBC news.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:58 pm

steveschneider wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

GOP forgot the main part, put country first.

No link still? What are you basing this conclusion on?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:49 am

Looks like more info coming tomorrow.

Anonymous America ‏@KORANISBURNING 4h4 hours ago
#wikileaks #pizzagate #MAGA RT this link http://findingassange.com/?i=3

The Russians and the 2016 Election PT II - Page 4 CzrRne-UUAA--A1
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:17 am

LooseGoose wrote:

Would it be ok?   Would it depend on which candidate he supported?   Would it not matter because even though he's Russian he's no longer in power?

Bump....

How would I feel? Confused.
Would it be okay? No, it would likely be the end of that candidate's career.

What's your point?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next