Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Russians and the 2016 Election PT II

+16
AnomanderRake
The_Dude
Watch Out Pylon!
steveschneider
InTenSity
Rocinante
TheReal_LWS
I.B. Fine
Cameron
Robert J Sakimano
Blanch32
NigelUno
Other Teams Pursuing That
GRR Spartan
Turtleneck
DWags
20 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

The Russians and the 2016 Election PT II - Page 5 Empty Re: The Russians and the 2016 Election PT II

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:23 am

I love how Hillary Clinton killed 4 brave Americans in Benghazi, has a private email account, and is involved in a child sex ring at a pizza joint..

but LEAVE TRUMP ALONE... AND JUST GIVE HIM A CHANCE!!!!

The Russians and the 2016 Election PT II - Page 5 502811600  The Russians and the 2016 Election PT II - Page 5 502811600  The Russians and the 2016 Election PT II - Page 5 502811600

the deplorables are so fragile.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The Russians and the 2016 Election PT II - Page 5 Empty Re: The Russians and the 2016 Election PT II

Post by I.B. Fine Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:12 am

Hmmm.
WikiLeaks figure says ‘disgusted’ Democrat leaked Clinton campaign emails
Seems like a lot of people can't get past the first stage.
7 STAGES OF GRIEF

Last edited by I.B. Fine on Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:13 am

after we get finished with Hillary's email account, I'm launching a full scale investigation into the marching band incident.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:51 am

Cameron wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Bump....

I notice no one wanted to answer these questions.....any reason why?

How would I feel? Confused.
Would it be okay? No, it would likely be the end of that candidate's career.

What's your point?

My point was twofold and not well done.

Bill Clinton actively campaigned for Boris Yeltsin in Russia on more than one occasion.

Obama, the CIA and other campaign operatives from the US have inserted themselves into other country's elections on numerous occasions.

Case in point - and there are many others: Obama admin. sent taxpayer money to campaign to oust Netanyahu
The State Department paid hundreds of thousands of dollars in taxpayers grants to an Israeli group that used the money to build a campaign to oust Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in last year’s Israeli parliamentary elections, a congressional investigation concluded Tuesday.

The point in main was to be - "Why is it ok for us to do this but then to be outraged when someone may have done it to us?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:53 am

Netanyahu is/was a terrorist.. and Putin is a murderous dictator.

as usual, Obama is on the right side of history. The Russians and the 2016 Election PT II - Page 5 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:02 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Netanyahu is/was a terrorist.. and Putin is a murderous dictator.

as usual, Obama is on the right side of history. The Russians and the 2016 Election PT II - Page 5 969504605

Obama during election season "This election is about me and my legacy and policies"

Actual election: Republicans won in a landslide

The Russians and the 2016 Election PT II - Page 5 1f602
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:06 am

LooseGoose wrote:
Cameron wrote:

What's your point?

Bill Clinton actively campaigned for Boris Yeltsin in Russia on more than one occasion.

Obama, the CIA and other campaign operatives from the US have inserted themselves into other country's elections on numerous occasions.

Case in point - and there are many others: Obama admin. sent taxpayer money to campaign to oust Netanyahu
The State Department paid hundreds of thousands of dollars in taxpayers grants to an Israeli group that used the money to build a campaign to oust Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in last year’s Israeli parliamentary elections, a congressional investigation concluded Tuesday.

The point in main was to be - "Why is it ok for us to do this but then to be outraged when someone may have done it to us?"

Its only an issue because Hilary lost. Not a single person was talking about this before she lost. Nobody on the left taking cyber security seriously...I mean look at Hilary with her home server and Obama letting China butt fuck us.

In fact, every Democrat was saying voter fraud and election tampering are all 100% pure Republican conspiracies pre election.

Oh my...how the times have changed.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:12 am

LooseGoose wrote:
Cameron wrote:

What's your point?

Case in point - and there are many others:  Obama admin. sent taxpayer money to campaign to oust Netanyahu  

So in your mind Boris Yeltsin = Vladimir Putin? Is that your point you're trying to make?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:14 am

Do you guys think Trump has a brain implant that Putin will activate once hes sworn in?

I thought Dems love state control? Or do they only like it when their party is in charge?
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:24 am

Guess Ive havent been following this leftist conspiracy that closely, but just saw that Comey and Clapper both said there is no evidence Russian government tampered with the election.

The only person who said that was Brennan, the CIA guy who takes his marching orders from Obama.

Yeah, that sounds legit. Every non biased person saying theres no evidence, and then a political appointee for the losing side saying there is with no evidence.

Poor, poor democrats.

http://townhall.com/columnists/edklein/2016/12/14/comey-to-trump-the-russians-didnt-influence-the-election-n2259827
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:17 pm

steveschneider wrote:Confirmed that the Russians tampered with the 2016 US election and tried to help Trump win.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/obama-orders-review-of-russian-hacking-during-presidential-campaign/2016/12/09/31d6b300-be2a-11e6-94ac-3d324840106c_story.html?utm_term=.7dbdb4912ce1

I remember as a kid sitting in the movie theater for Rocky IV. The theater was full of republicans and democrats and we all cheered when Rocky kicked Ivan Drago's ass.

Just a reminder it's 2016 and the Russians are STILL the bad guys. I'm a proud American and I don't want any fucking country tampering with our elections.

Confirmed by the same CIA that guaranteed WOMD in Iraq. Just sayin.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:22 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

So in your mind Boris Yeltsin = Vladimir Putin? Is that your point you're trying to make?

Maybe read the post the next time?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:00 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Maybe answer my question next time?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:03 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

I think thats a lame excuse to say we have done it in other countries but shouldnt be worried if its happening here.

We should always investigate allegations of election tampering. Problem is its been going on for years in favor of the Dems, and they only now bring it to light after they lost.

The only persona saying Putin was behind is an Obama political appointee.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:11 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I answered it in the post you replied to, then highlighted it the next time. But since that doesn't seem to satisfy you, let me try again.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:22 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

I answered it in the post you replied to, then highlighted it the next time.   But since that doesn't seem to satisfy you, let me try again.

OK, since you won't answer my question I guess I'll have to interpret your thoughts. You think Putin and Yeltsin should be treated equally because they're essentially the same person. Pretty stupid perspective to me, but whatever.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:05 pm

For the right wing types still not sure... here's an op-ed in the Observer (ironically published by Jared Kushner) by a clearly and unabashedly right leaning intelligence expert who I respect laying it all out. This isn't a right/left thing. This is a cold war thing. Trump is the president. I accept that. I don't expect that there will be a smoking gun whereby he's shown to be working with them. But this needs to wake the sleeping giant. It's a cyber 9/11 as John Weaver, a GOP strategist has said. Anyway, please read it.

http://observer.com/2016/11/the-kremlin-didnt-sink-hillary-obama-did/
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:14 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I answered it in the post you replied to, then highlighted it the next time.   But since that doesn't seem to satisfy you, let me try again.

OK, since you won't answer my question I guess I'll have to interpret your thoughts. You think Putin and Yeltsin should be treated equally because they're essentially the same person. Pretty stupid perspective to me, but whatever.

lol, you asked me what my point was.  I told you twice.   Then you chose a completely different item to address and call me stupid.

Amazing.

Again - Show me ONE FUCKING TIME where I equated Yeltsin and Putin? That all came from the fevered swamp of your imagination.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:20 pm

I sit here amazed. Over and over on this board people insert their own thoughts into my posts and then "call me out" on them.

I never used the name Putin in this post, I never referred to Putin in this post, yet somehow according to Pylon I equated Yeltsin and Putin and need to be called out on it.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:23 pm

My short answer: Because that's how international espionage works. Putin considers the fall of the USSR to be a tragedy orchestrated by the U.S. and he wants to do the same to us. It would be great if we could all say "okay we're even now" and stop, but we can't.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:27 pm

LooseGoose wrote:

lol, you asked me what my point was.  I told you twice.   Then you chose a completely different item to address and call me stupid.

Amazing.

Again - Show me ONE FUCKING TIME where I equated Yeltsin and Putin?   That all came from the fevered swamp of your imagination.

Whatever dude. You're locked into your narrow point of view and you won't even answer a valid question honestly.

I'm listening to Christmas music now and am done trying to reason with you. You'll continue to think your point of view is the only valid one. I was trying to have an honest conversation with you and you can't even answer a simple question. Good luck shouting down everyone that doesn't agree with you.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:39 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Whatever dude. You're locked into your narrow point of view and you won't even answer a valid question honestly.

I'm listening to Christmas music now and am done trying to reason with you. You'll continue to think your point of view is the only valid one. I was trying to have an honest conversation with you and you can't even answer a simple question. Good luck shouting down everyone that doesn't agree with you.

But people that argue with Goose don't do that so cool
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:41 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

lol, "my narrow point of view" from the man that invents thoughts and inserts them into my posts.

And I'm glad you're listening to Christmas music, it's easier on your mind than trying to find where I said something I didn't say.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:47 pm

Question for Dems..why seek out conflict with Russia? What's the end game here?

There are tons of worse dictators. Why Putin and Russia?
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:12 pm

Didn't Reagan hate the Russians? How fucked is this country? Maybe I'll end up on a boat to Cuba.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:22 pm

TheReal_LWS wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Confirmed that the Russians tampered with the 2016 US election and tried to help Trump win.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/obama-orders-review-of-russian-hacking-during-presidential-campaign/2016/12/09/31d6b300-be2a-11e6-94ac-3d324840106c_story.html?utm_term=.7dbdb4912ce1

I remember as a kid sitting in the movie theater for Rocky IV. The theater was full of republicans and democrats and we all cheered when Rocky kicked Ivan Drago's ass.

Just a reminder it's 2016 and the Russians are STILL the bad guys. I'm a proud American and I don't want any fucking country tampering with our elections.

Confirmed by the same CIA that guaranteed WOMD in Iraq. Just sayin.

Yawn. I encourage you to read more up on this matter in Washington Post or NYT or WSJ.

They've been all over this story. The Atlantic have amazing summaries on the issue, and they raise great questions.

In short, proving a country has weapons of mass destruction and detecting a hacker attack are two completely different operations. Also, of note regarding Iraq/weapons of mass destruction the CIA was under intense pressure to find something. Making that comparison doesn't hold up IMO and yes I thought the Iraq war was a debacle.

The day and age of information has changed. We all have to think hard about the issues, we have to be open to being wrong, and we have to care about the truth and what is best for our country. Is that fair?? What say you?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:31 pm

The_Dude wrote:Question for Dems..why seek out conflict with Russia? What's the end game here?

There are tons of worse dictators. Why Putin and Russia?

I have to give you props, this is my favorite post of yours that I've seen post election.

I think our issue is the attack on our nations sovereignty. I think most of us aren't claiming it tampered the election, or that it helped Donald Trump.

Our main issues are that it happened and the response of Trump has been the usual BS.

I can respect why he's mad, Obama sat on this way too long. Should have addressed this in July when he was first aware of this. But that being said, Obama's lack of response doesn't excuse that a foreign power is trying to interfere with our democracy.

Question for you, I read that Republican's approval of Putin has increased post election. Why do conservatives view Putin favorably now? Is it okay that the russians hack the DNC during our election cycle?

Thanks, Dude!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:32 pm

Republican National Committee Security Foiled Russian Hackers

Russian hackers tried to penetrate the computer networks of the Republican National Committee, using the same techniques that allowed them to infiltrate its Democratic counterpart, according to U.S. officials who have been briefed on the attempted intrusion.

But the intruders failed to get past security defenses on the RNC’s computer networks, the officials said.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:37 pm

LooseGoose wrote:Republican National Committee Security Foiled Russian Hackers

Russian hackers tried to penetrate the computer networks of the Republican National Committee, using the same techniques that allowed them to infiltrate its Democratic counterpart, according to U.S. officials who have been briefed on the attempted intrusion.

But the intruders failed to get past security defenses on the RNC’s computer networks, the officials said.

I am not a subscriber. Could you copy and paste it for me in a PM? I won't tell on you.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:44 pm

Rocinante wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Republican National Committee Security Foiled Russian Hackers

I am not a subscriber.  Could you copy and paste it for me in a PM?  I won't tell on you.

Pro Tip for the WSJ.

Paste the headline into google and search it.  

Click on the link.

Read any article for free.

;-)

If that doesn't work for you I'll send it PM
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:48 pm

I'll throw in, yes we can get articles for free and I'm sure the authors want us to read their work whether we pay or don't pay for it. My .02 good karma to support these writers.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:51 pm

I intend to subscribe. Right now I have two other subscriptions I'm mulling over keeping. Chill bruh.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:57 pm

Okay I read it. It's light on detail. I still think there is leaked and/or hacked information in the hands of the Russians that they could use against the GOP. They may and they may not. Right now, all they have to do is sit back and watch the shit show.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:43 pm

FBI backs CIA view that Russia intervened to help Trump Win.

Washington Post released it today.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:46 pm

steveschneider wrote:FBI backs CIA view that Russia intervened to help Trump Win.

Washington Post released it today.

In before the usual suspects start spinning away.

FBI Director James B. Comey and Director of National Intelligence James R. Clapper Jr. have backed a CIA assessment that Russia intervened in the 2016 election in part to help Donald Trump win the presidency, according to U.S. officials.
Comey’s support for the CIA’s conclusion suggests that the leaders of the three agencies are in agreement on Russian intentions, contrary to suggestions by some lawmakers that the FBI disagreed with the CIA.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:51 pm

Cool.

Now the question is what are the cucks ( Obama and Kerry) going to do about it? Obama is all talk. Russians also tried to hack the RNC but couldn't do it.

You actually had the IT guy at the DNC tell lodestar that the phishing email was legit lol.

Blame lies with the DNC for the shitshow they put together.

Last edited by The_Dude on Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:54 pm

Trump mandate? Not after all of this undermining. Thanks Putin.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:55 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Trump mandate? Not after all of this undermining. Thanks Putin.

Having congress and the WH will have the libs convulsing the next several years.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:25 pm

Comey would love to blame it on the Russians.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:18 am

The Russians and the 2016 Election PT II - Page 5 Justtobeclear-600x435
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next