Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

+35
Dr. Strangelove
Nordic
steveschneider
Cameron
aualum06
Floyd Robertson
I.B. Fine
Death Roe
Other Teams Pursuing That
Rocinante
InTenSity
WhiteBoyHatcher
Watch Out Pylon!
CORNER BLITZ
SawGreen
Da Mayor
AnomanderRake
The Pantry
Space Lord
NigelUno
Tim Wakefield
Clarett's Folly
Free Plax
MiamiSpartan
Robert J Sakimano
The_Dude
Stymie2000
CheesySpartan
DWags
Herbie Green
xsanguine
kingstonlake
tGreenWay
Turtleneck
MattyFresh
39 posters

Page 1 of 25 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread Empty tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by MattyFresh Sun 1 Jan 2017 - 22:54

Here we go bonars.

Last edited by MattyFresh on Sun 1 Jan 2017 - 22:56; edited 1 time in total
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by MattyFresh Sun 1 Jan 2017 - 22:55

Ben Affleck still sucks at acting
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by Death Roe Sun 1 Jan 2017 - 22:57

La La Land will probably win Best Picture, Director, Score at the Oscars.

GF saw Fences today. She said it was good, but not my kind of movie.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh Sun 1 Jan 2017 - 22:58

Death Roe wrote:La La Land will probably win Best Picture, Director, Score at the Oscars.

Fences? is that a Denzel being a black father in a time of animosity movie?
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Sun 1 Jan 2017 - 22:58

Yup
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh Sun 1 Jan 2017 - 23:01

so far though I think early look at 2017 movies coming our way look very meh.

Patriots Day... 
xxx3
underworld 9009
resident evil 24005

sorry I've been out of the new movies game for a couple years after being disappointed at the theaters to many times
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Sun 1 Jan 2017 - 23:04

My most anticipated films of 2017

1. Star Wars: Episode VIII
2. Dunkirk
3. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
4. Alien: Covenant
5. War for the Planet of the Apes
6. Fate of the Furious
7. Logan
8. Justice League
9. Spider-Man: Homecoming
10. Wonder Woman
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun 1 Jan 2017 - 23:05

I think the best movie ever is probably Out for Justice. It's close between that and Under Siege and Marked for Death and Hard to Kill, though.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 1 Jan 2017 - 23:07

The last good movie was released 8/20/1976, with the exception of Being There and This is Spinal Tap everything since then has been a mediocrity.

Now after that dose of truth serum, enjoy your chat.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun 1 Jan 2017 - 23:08

LooseGoose wrote:The last good movie was released 8/20/1976, with the exception of Being There and This is Spinal Tap everything since then has been a mediocrity.

Now after that dose of truth serum, enjoy your chat.

#chitchat
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun 1 Jan 2017 - 23:15

Death Roe wrote:La La Land will probably win Best Picture, Director, Score at the Oscars.

Hell or High Water is probably my vote for best movie from 2016. I was skeptical going in thinking the story line was a bit cliche, but it is so well done and authentic.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Sun 1 Jan 2017 - 23:18

I forgot about that movie.

Thank you, Turtleneck.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Mon 2 Jan 2017 - 0:59

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread 502811600

The best part of The Accountant (I haven't finished it yet) is clearly when he kills the assasin fat bald guy in front of the pickup truck in front of the old couple and gives them an awkward wave afterwards.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon 2 Jan 2017 - 2:25

The greatest film of all time is Fletch and nothing else even comes close. /thread
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Fri 6 Jan 2017 - 23:50

Just saw A Monster Calls.

Holy shit what a great movie. It's a sad movie but also really beautifully done. One of those movies that makes you think for a long time after watching it.

The kid who is in the lead role deserves a damn Oscar.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Fri 6 Jan 2017 - 23:52

Death Roe wrote:Just saw A Monster Calls.

Holy shit what a great movie. It's a sad movie but also really beautifully done. One of those movies that makes you think for a long time after watching it.

Like Independence Day or Cowboys Versus Aliens?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh Fri 6 Jan 2017 - 23:53

Turtleneck wrote:
Death Roe wrote:Just saw A Monster Calls.

Like Independence Day or Cowboys Versus Aliens?

Wrong. More like Mars Attacks.
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri 6 Jan 2017 - 23:54

I was thinking Freddy vs. Jason.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sat 7 Jan 2017 - 0:57

tGreenWay wrote:The greatest film of all time is Fletch and nothing else even comes close. /thread

This guy gets it.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Sat 7 Jan 2017 - 8:59

I want to see The Dark Tower. It has Stringer Bell and Wooderson in it. They'll probably still fuck it up. How do you condense 7 books down to one movie?

Last edited by Watch Out Pylon! on Sat 7 Jan 2017 - 9:57; edited 1 time in total
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sat 7 Jan 2017 - 9:44

Watched Rogue One the other day. It was alright. It was tough to get into new characters and constantly trying tie shit into the original in your mind. Found myself drifting in and out (was also half watching a bowl game).

Serious question, not trolling (well sort of), why the fuck do Stormtroopers wear body armor if it can't stop a laser blaster? WTF is the point of the armor? Why not just Han Solo it around town?

Anyway, I'll probably be looking for a late night bromance movie after the Leo's win tonight... so keep the suggestions coming (I'm not watching Ben Afleck or Seagal WBH...unless Lawman is on).
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 7 Jan 2017 - 10:39

Sounds like another good episode of Machinery Pete is on tap.

Greg Peterson ‏@MachineryPete 17m17 minutes ago
Today on Machinery Pete TV show on @OfficialRFDTV we watch my friend Allen Henslin w/ @HenslinAuctions sell a 1972 JD 4320 tractor

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread C1k9cDOVQAAnTle
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 7 Jan 2017 - 10:41

Forgot to mention that's on at 1:30 right after this....

Classic Tractor Fever
Mackinac Bridge Crossing
Season #2016, Ep. 5
See this incredible one of a kind event - crossing Mighty Mac with Classic Tractors! (2015)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sat 7 Jan 2017 - 10:48

I will not be watching any of that Loose
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 7 Jan 2017 - 10:54

Nordic wrote:I will not be watching any of that Loose

I guess if you need to know the value of a '72 4320 you'll be fucked then. Up to you.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 19:55

I'm watching Dances With Wolves.

What is the significance of the scene where Maury Chaykin's character, Major Fambrough, acting like a weird prick when Costner's character comes to see him? The movie is pretty straight forward without much of any sort of comedic relief so I can't see that being the director's motivation. Even Robert Pastorelli's character, Timmons, is goofy but it makes sense in the context of the film. Fambrough's confounds me but I have to believe there is quite a bit of significance considering the suicide as Dunbar is leaving with Timmons.

The scene in question;

xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 20:00

What's your deal against me lately? You have a problem for some reason. Care to tell?
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 20:01

Can we get back to my question regarding Dances With Wolves, guys. It's very important and pressing.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 21:19

Death Roe wrote:What's your deal against me lately? You have a problem for some reason. Care to tell?
He just wants to be antagonistic.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 21:33

Death Roe wrote:What's your deal against me lately? You have a problem for some reason. Care to tell?

I know what it's about. Check your PMs.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 21:56

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread Giphy

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread Dick-punch
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Wed 11 Jan 2017 - 17:19

gHost Spartan wrote:
Are you talking to me?

Yeah man. What's eating you?

Want to talk about it?
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Sun 15 Jan 2017 - 16:12

Just got back from seeing "Live By Night." Great movie.

A little slow at first, but it got better as the time ran along.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh Mon 16 Jan 2017 - 20:06

If Tom Hardy goes Bond with Chris Nolan at the chair I might just YIZZ IN MY PANTS
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Mon 16 Jan 2017 - 22:16

MattyFresh wrote:If Tom Hardy goes Bond with Chris Nolan at the chair I might just YIZZ IN MY PANTS

We are now one in the same. Kindred spirits.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh Mon 16 Jan 2017 - 22:21

Death Roe wrote:
MattyFresh wrote:If Tom Hardy goes Bond with Chris Nolan at the chair I might just YIZZ IN MY PANTS

We are now one in the same. Kindred spirits.

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread You-re-good-o
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon 16 Jan 2017 - 23:24

Antineoplastons wrote:Westworld is about as fucked up as it gets if you understand all its esoteric symbolism and parallel narrative of God vs. Satan

As a huge Westworld fan, I would like to hear this.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Tue 17 Jan 2017 - 8:28

Thanks OTPT
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue 17 Jan 2017 - 10:41

That patriots day movie looks awful. FUck that.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Tue 17 Jan 2017 - 11:12

Anyone watch the Leftovers? I just watched it and really liked it and a final season 3 is starting in April. I just read that season 1 covered the entirety of the book, which is weird because I still have no idea what is going on after season 2.
And that concept of tricking viewers seems to be the trend in these shows now and it kind of pisses me off. Yet at the same time they seem to be among my favorites. Would Westworld, Mullholland Drive etc. even be good shows if they didn't resort to using cheap tricks like separate timelines that send the viewers to places like Redditt to look for clues and theories.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 25 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next