Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm screwed for life now

+36
Turtleneck
Trapper Gus
Nordic
DWags
Rocinante
Izzo Court
tGreenWay
Watch Out Pylon!
Snake Plissken
pulling69
MattyFresh
Motown Spartan
SawGreen
Blanch32
TheReal_LWS
Robert J Sakimano
Jake from State Farm
I.B. Fine
MSU addict
GRR Spartan
Wally Fairway
Frank Ricard
Stoops21
InTenSity
aualum06
CheesySpartan
SeeRockCity
Tim Wakefield
y2kMgrad
Death Roe
duffy munn
WhiteBoyHatcher
bryanleeg
The Pantry
Floyd Robertson
Dendrobates
40 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

I'm screwed for life now - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm screwed for life now

Post by MSU addict 2017-02-20, 10:17

Dendrobates wrote:It's all some scary shit. I get everyone says it's amazing, but I'm still skeptical. Keeping pets alive is easy, a human is a whole other story.

And genetic testing that can be done as early as 10 weeks can now determine gender of the baby . The parasite inside me is a girl. I don't know what the fuck to do with girls. I don't know anything about them.
Keeping a kid a live is probably easier than you think - you just worry about a kid more. It is really only a concern for the first year or so.

As everyone seems to have pointed out, most mothers do have an immediate connection with their kid - but not all. That is OK too.

There is no right way to be a mother, do it the way you choose. In the end, if you have the child's best interest in mind, it is pretty tough to screw up a kid.

MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-02-20, 10:46

DWags wrote:
Stoops21 wrote:
Congrats! Have fun with different food cravings!

For the others here with kids already....

Be honest. Is having kids worth it? Anyone here choose not to have them? I can't help but think of getting no sleep for three years and how much money you lose. Will this mentality change later on?

Just last night I call my high school friend. It was his birthday. He's been dual income no kids for 25 years. Loves his wife they've had one miscarriage years ago,she then had a bout of cancer then they couldn't. Well he tells me he just bought a boat from one Nick Saban in Alabama for r 95K, it had six hours on it. He's having it towed to a second home he has in Tennessee and wants me to come down there in May. Always generous always has a great vacation or three per year always at my kids special events. Thing is, when he tells me the boat story, I can't lie and say I'm not a bit jealous or it occurs to me what "stuff" I might have if my wife and I didn't have kids. And yes, you do have that feeling. I've also already said itt that I'm fairly scared and confused most of the time. So, what I'm about to say will seem weird. I wouldn't trade it for any of that stuff. It's pretty fucking cool being a dad. Weird I know.

Nothing here about your friend. But your story contains a nugget about another type of life. Nice boat with 6 hours on it.

Why fucking bother? Why bust your nuts to have the $$ for that boat and never use it? Wouldn't you choose a couple kids, $5000 used Bayliner and the time to enjoy it with them? Wouldn't that seem to be the fuller life?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-02-20, 16:09

Still waiting for pics of Dendros "improvements".

(sending this message for Greenway)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-02-20, 16:20

LooseGoose wrote:
Nothing here about your friend. But your story contains a nugget about another type of life. Nice boat with 6 hours on it.

Why fucking bother? Why bust your nuts to have the $$ for that boat and never use it? Wouldn't you choose a couple kids, $5000 used Bayliner and the time to enjoy it with them? Wouldn't that seem to be the fuller life?
I think the story said that the boat he bought from Saban only had 6 hours on it. I assumed Saban bought a boat and then realized he doesn't have time to use it.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-02-20, 16:25

LooseGoose wrote:Still waiting for pics of Dendros "improvements".

That's a great idea. Before and afters...before she gets the belly bump
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-02-20, 16:35

MSU addict wrote:
Stoops21 wrote:
For the others here with kids already....

Be honest. Is having kids worth it? Anyone here choose not to have them? I can't help but think of getting no sleep for three years and how much money you lose. Will this mentality change later on?
I did not get married until I was 40, had a daughter when I was over 50. I lived the single life a long time and collected a lot of toys. Having a kid is worth giving up those things.

At some point most people actually face the question - what is the meaning of life? I am not sure there is a correct answer, but I pretty pretty sure it has nothing to do with collecting toys.

Hopefully, the kids starts sleeping through the night after about a year.

The amount of time they sleep through the night is inversely proportionate to how busy you day is the next day. Lots to do? 2 hours. Friday night? Those fuckers will sleep till noon on Saturday. You go check to see if their dead.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-02-20, 16:40

InTenSity wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I think the story said that the boat he bought from Saban only had 6 hours on it. I assumed Saban bought a boat and then realized he doesn't have time to use it.

The broker told him Saban has more than one and he's got new ones before without any hours on them. Saban also water skis. But goose is thinking our life not my buddies. I'm with that train of thought. But these two have just been working their whole married life with no child expenses. His house in Michigan is very modest so I think they just are setting up for retirement down in Tennessee
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-02-20, 16:57

Thanks for always having my back, Goose. Now Dendro, about your front.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2017-02-20, 17:01

Dendrobates wrote:
DWags wrote: Congrats. Did he knock you up down under?  If so, Barbie for a girl?  You know "shrimp on a barbie". Maybe Dingo for a boy?  

Seriously congrats. You'll wonder how you lived without your baby. And yes your life will change.  Not gonna lie.

It's all some scary shit. I get everyone says it's amazing, but I'm still skeptical. Keeping pets alive is easy, a human is a whole other story.

And it sorta counts an Australian baby by the 40 week time frame. But it was really about 2 weeks after that.

And genetic testing that can be done as early as 10 weeks can now determine gender of the baby . The parasite inside me is a girl. I don't know what the fuck to do with girls. I don't know anything about them.
Now you know what your mother went through all those years ago!

Seriously, congrats, you will have occasional wtf moments, but will not regret it once you see those little eyes looking back at you.
I always said my youngest only survived by being so cute, and he knew it. I'm screwed for life now - Page 2 502811600
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-02-20, 17:04

Dendrobates wrote:
DWags wrote: Congrats. Did he knock you up down under? If so, Barbie for a girl? You know "shrimp on a barbie". Maybe Dingo for a boy?

Seriously congrats. You'll wonder how you lived without your baby. And yes your life will change. Not gonna lie.

It's all some scary shit. I get everyone says it's amazing, but I'm still skeptical. Keeping pets alive is easy, a human is a whole other story.

And it sorta counts an Australian baby by the 40 week time frame. But it was really about 2 weeks after that.

Wyff and I had four. Two girls then two boys. Wife was adamant about not knowing the sex of any of them ahead of time, which was cool with me.

I painted the first nursery yellow. We decided after two coats (including the closet) it looked fucking awful. Was a sickening piss yellow. It was obviously not the color of the paint chip we looked at. Went back to the paint store. Bought two more gallons of the shit along with a gallon of white eggshell. Mixed them at home and got what we wanted...a subdued, yet sunny yellow. Looked great.

Eighteen years later it was apparently still too much of initial inspiration to the first daughter. She did her undergrad at UM and started working for them. Got them to pay for her Masters and still works there Embarassed

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-02-20, 17:06

The Pantry wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

Wyff and I had four. Two girls then two boys. Wife was adamant about not knowing the sex of any of them ahead of time, which was cool with me.

I painted the first nursery yellow. We decided after two coats (including the closet) it looked fucking awful. Was a sickening piss yellow. It was obviously not the color of the paint chip we looked at. Went back to the paint store. Bought two more gallons of the shit along with a gallon of white eggshell. Mixed them at home and got what we wanted...a subdued, yet sunny yellow. Looked great.

Eighteen years later it was apparently still too much of initial inspiration to the first daughter. She did her undergrad at UM and started working for them. Got them to pay for her Masters and still works there Embarassed

See, Dendro? Parental failure can happen to you.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2017-02-20, 17:20

This is about what it looked like before and where I'm at now. I'm told they should get bigger. If only they would stay that way.

I'm screwed for life now - Page 2 614a1012
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2017-02-20, 17:23

tGreenWay wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Wyff and I had four. Two girls then two boys. Wife was adamant about not knowing the sex of any of them ahead of time, which was cool with me.

This is a good point. I won't make that stupid mistake.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2017-02-20, 17:25

I.B. Fine wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

Now you know what your mother went through all those years ago!

Seriously, congrats, you will have occasional wtf moments, but will not regret it once you see those little eyes looking back at you.
I always said my youngest only survived by being so cute, and he knew it. I'm screwed for life now - Page 2 502811600

I know I was a pain in the ass. That's what I'm afraid of. Sure I wasn't a sissy girly girl, but that's because I had 4 older brothers. I don't know shit about girls, so I will still put her in football jerseys, just like I wear.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-02-20, 17:26

tGreenWay wrote:
Hold on there, banana boy.

My second daughter is living the dream, doing what she loves (singing) and traveling the World.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2017-02-20, 17:26

The Pantry wrote:

That's a great idea. Before and afters...before she gets the belly bump

I'm in second trimester, so I already have a fucking bump. Got to say, maternity clothes are pretty comfy.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2017-02-20, 17:27

Frank Ricard wrote:You'll do fine. I've met your mom - she'll be a big help for you. The fact that your husband is excited will make this the best thing that ever happened. He'll step up to the plate and you will too.

My 4 kids are all grown up - all married, some have kids too. If I did it, you can too.

I honestly have a hard time remembering anything in my life much out of being married and having kids. It's still a good day when I contact all of them in the same day. It's a rare day that I don't talk to at least one of them daily. When you get my age, you'll be glad that you had children.

I'd be doomed without my mom, that's for sure. And the hubby already knows he's going to be doing a ton of shit because he always hoped for an "oops baby".
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-02-20, 17:32

Dendrobates wrote:

This is about what it looked like before and where I'm at now. I'm told they should get bigger. If only they would stay that way.

Nice.

Not sure if you'll get into the breast feeding thing but it would definitely extend your time of cool rackage.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2017-02-20, 17:39

The Pantry wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

Nice.

Not sure if you'll get into the breast feeding thing but it would definitely extend your time of cool rackage.

These aren't pics of me btw. Just found something on the internet that is close.

I will attempt the breastfeeding thing. But I have no patience, so if I get pissed off I'm going to formula.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-02-20, 17:40

Dendrobates wrote:

Oh My.

I'm screwed for life now - Page 2 1550444538 I'm screwed for life now - Page 2 1550444538 I'm screwed for life now - Page 2 1486952199 I'm screwed for life now - Page 2 1486952199 I'm screwed for life now - Page 2 1567726941 I'm screwed for life now - Page 2 3434560931 I'm screwed for life now - Page 2 3434560931
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-02-20, 17:48

Dendrobates wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Nice.

These aren't pics of me btw. Just found something on the internet that is close.

I will attempt the breastfeeding thing. But I have no patience, so if I get pissed off I'm going to formula.
Formula sucks. Don't give up early. Get Nevets involved retrieving your daughter for night feedings and returning her to the crib afterward. You won't even have to get out of bed.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-02-20, 17:58

The Pantry wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

Formula sucks. Don't give up early. Get Nevets involved retrieving your daughter for night feedings and returning her to the crib afterward. You won't even have to get out of bed.

Don't mention this again or you'll have the usual suspects in here yelling about raw milk.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-02-20, 17:59

Dendrobates wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Nice.

Why? Why would you dangle the dream and then pull it away? Sigh. Welp, at least I don't have to suggest you get that mole checked.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2017-02-20, 19:05

InTenSity wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Or Saban realized he's in the middle of effing Alabama and there aren't any lakes within 200 miles.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-02-20, 19:51

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

My second daughter is living the dream, doing what she loves (singing) and traveling the World.

I'd say both are something to be proud of. We may not like UM very much but it's still a very good school and an undergrad and Masters from there is impressive. Good job Dad.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-02-20, 19:59

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Her dream is my dream, except for the singing part. We'd retire to a cruise ship if we could bring our dog with us, but that's never going to happen. There's still so much of the world to be seen.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-02-20, 20:49

tGreenWay wrote:
The Pantry wrote:

Her dream is my dream, except for the singing part.  We'd retire to a cruise ship if we could bring our dog with us, but that's never going to happen. There's still so much of the world to be seen.
Kinda funny about the dog.  

Kitten never wanted pets.  Think it was because she felt overwhelmed by the number of kids we had, even though the eventual number was what she had wanted early in our relationship.  

Cruise daughter lives with her while in town and recently got her to break on the no pet rule.  She started fostering a Humane Society bulldog/pitbull mix and adopted her maybe a month ago.  One of my sons lives with Kitten and has agreed to take complete responsibility of the pooch while daughter is gone on her next tour, which will be about 8 months long.  

Screw whatever is said about pitbulls.  A friendlier dog would be hard to find.  Probably going to be weird for Sasha when daughter leaves but we'll do our best

I'm screwed for life now - Page 2 02-11-11
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-02-21, 07:56

congrats.. life will definitely be different.. and exponentially more fulfilling.

my unsolicited advice..don't raise them like babies.. raise them like adults. Read to them like they're adults, talk to them like they're adults.. listen to the music you want to listen to.. don't overly edit yourself or those around you (within reason and, of course, make sure things are age-appropriate).. stimulate them constantly with conversation, dialogue and debate.. use big words. Challenge them. Be respectful of them and honor them and expect nothing less than that in return. Outline expectations clearly and deliberately and follow through with consequences.

and be sure to take them to bars and rock shows.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2017-02-21, 08:05

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Her dream is my dream, except for the singing part.  We'd retire to a cruise ship if we could bring our dog with us, but that's never going to happen. There's still so much of the world to be seen.
Kinda funny about the dog.  

Kitten never wanted pets.  Think it was because she felt overwhelmed by the number of kids we had, even though the eventual number was what she had wanted early in our relationship.  

Cruise daughter lives with her while in town and recently got her to break on the no pet rule.  She started fostering a Humane Society bulldog/pitbull mix and adopted her maybe a month ago.  One of my sons lives with Kitten and has agreed to take complete responsibility of the pooch while daughter is gone on her next tour, which will be about 8 months long.  

Screw whatever is said about pitbulls.  A friendlier dog would be hard to find.  Probably going to be weird for Sasha when daughter leaves but we'll do our best

I'm screwed for life now - Page 2 02-11-11

Great pic
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2017-02-21, 08:13

Dendrobates wrote:The cat is out of the bag. My husband got me knocked up. My life is now over. Any last minute advice? I would off myself, but the husband is happy. So I guess I will be nice and put up with it.

How do you know it's Nevets'?

J/K! Dendro it changes your life for the better. You'll love it and make a terrific mom. Congratulations!
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2017-02-21, 08:14

P.S. be glad its a girl. While at 13 they become difficult, up to that point they are sweet and low energy. Boys are little tornadoes and never stop.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-02-21, 08:54

soooooo many sexless bonars up in this thread.....
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-02-21, 09:01

Dendro don't listen to the guy who has developed a poor reputation with running women off the boards. He stuck his tongue in a poster's ear and bragged about it. I'm screwed for life now - Page 2 502811600
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2017-02-21, 12:34

Congratulations Dendro.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-02-21, 13:11

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:One is a cakewalk. Congrats.

This is a lie.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-02-21, 13:12

I for one, feel your pain. Kids are a life suck.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2017-02-21, 18:52

What The Actual Fuck?
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2017-02-21, 19:20

Robert J Sakimano wrote:congrats.. life will definitely be different.. and exponentially more fulfilling.

my unsolicited advice..don't raise them like babies.. raise them like adults. Read to them like they're adults, talk to them like they're adults.. listen to the music you want to listen to.. don't overly edit yourself or those around you (within reason and, of course, make sure things are age-appropriate).. stimulate them constantly with conversation, dialogue and debate.. use big words. Challenge them. Be respectful of them and honor them and expect nothing less than that in return. Outline expectations clearly and deliberately and follow through with consequences.

and be sure to take them to bars and rock shows.

This is exactly how I would be. Although I have this crazy ass aunt who still talks baby talk to fucking everyone. I'm pretty sure he takes a lot of prescription pills and drinks with it.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2017-02-21, 19:22

Rocinante wrote:I for one, feel your pain. Kids are a life suck.

Exactly. I've known this all along . I seriously asked my husband and his family if they really did switch my birth control pills. They've always threatened to do that.i don't know how they would be able to make it look the same, but they all deny it.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2017-02-21, 19:23

Motown Spartan wrote:What The Actual Fuck?

I've probably said that at least a 100 times myself.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next