Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military to get a 10% increase in budget next year

+7
xsanguine
AnomanderRake
Watch Out Pylon!
Robert J Sakimano
NigelUno
GRR Spartan
DWags
11 posters

Go down

Military to get a 10% increase in budget next year Empty Military to get a 10% increase in budget next year

Post by DWags Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:02 pm

54 billion more added to the 550 billion dollars we currently spend. This is adding up to real money.

I'm guessing that the cuts come from education and foreign aid. Guess away. Also, the wall needs to be built, glad we won't have to pay for that. Manning of it needs to happen, I don't know if we're responsible for it or Mexico will be responsible for that too.

So, I say Education and foreign aid will be cut.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Military to get a 10% increase in budget next year Empty Re: Military to get a 10% increase in budget next year

Post by GRR Spartan Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:11 pm

President Eisenhower had some thoughts on stuff like this.

http://coursesa.matrix.msu.edu/~hst306/documents/indust.html
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Military to get a 10% increase in budget next year Empty Re: Military to get a 10% increase in budget next year

Post by Guest Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:17 pm

DWags wrote:54 billion more added to the 550 billion dollars we currently spend. This is adding up to real money.

I'm guessing that the cuts come from education and foreign aid. Guess away. Also, the wall needs to be built, glad we won't have to pay for that. Manning of it needs to happen, I don't know if we're responsible for it or Mexico will be responsible for that too.

So, I say Education and foreign aid will be cut.

Oh man, I hope not. That would leave our country stupid and friendless.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:17 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:President Eisenhower had some thoughts on stuff like this.

http://coursesa.matrix.msu.edu/~hst306/documents/indust.html

Scary isnt it?

America has needed someone to hate for our Military Industrial complex since WWI. After Pershing's success in Europe, we needed fascists to hate. After the fascists we needed to hate the communists. After them we've discovered terrorists. How great is that? They aren't in one place in particular, they can strike at a moments notice and if they do and kill five people it will be made like it's gonna happen next in East Lansing Michigan or Green Bay Wisconsin, so we need 54 billion more to make sure it doesn't. Best use of hate yet by the Military Industrial complex.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:20 pm

Guns and Butter.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:25 pm

the admitted sexual predator knows that educated people don't support him.. so why should he support education?

same with foreign aid.. why should we provide aid to foreign countries when all they do is come to Bowling Green and kill people..?

and Cheeto Hitler also understands optics.. he doesn't understand much, but he does understand that. And so when he's standing in front of a bunch of tanks surrounded by smiling, flag-waving members of the military, it'll play well to the knuckle-dragging, uneducated, non-foreign aid supporting base.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:26 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:and Cheeto Hitler also understands optics.. he doesn't understand much, but he does understand that. And so when he's standing in front of a bunch of tanks surrounded by smiling, flag-waving members of the military, it'll play well to the knuckle-dragging, uneducated, non-foreign aid supporting base.

Worked for him:

Military to get a 10% increase in budget next year Dukakis_tank_2_c
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:28 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:and Cheeto Hitler also understands optics.. he doesn't understand much, but he does understand that. And so when he's standing in front of a bunch of tanks surrounded by smiling, flag-waving members of the military, it'll play well to the knuckle-dragging, uneducated, non-foreign aid supporting base.

Worked for him:

until Bush appealed to racists with the Willie Horton card..

when it comes to right wing politics, their support of the military pales in comparison their fear of brown/black people.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:34 pm

What was the story behind that picture of Dukakis in the tank? I remember him being made fun of over it and people attribute it to why he lost, but I was pretty young back then and didn't really care too much about that shit.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:00 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Worked for him:

until Bush appealed to racists with the Willie Horton card..

when it comes to right wing politics, their support of the military pales in comparison their fear of brown/black people.

Fake Excuse.

It’s time to stop the endless hype of the ‘Willie Horton’ ad

A Theory of Racial Appeals

Trivia for Bob. What politician 1st used "Willie Horton" against Dukakis?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:01 pm

Thread is about Trump increasing the US military budget.

I posted a lnk to Eisenhowers's speech warning of the military-industrial complex

Goose posts a photo of Michael Dukakis in a tank other than deflection?

Someone care to explain the connectin to our current President plans to reportedly raise military expendatures 10% while cutting an equal amount out of programs ranging from the EPA to DOE, FDA and other  departments and posting a 25 year old photo of a person in a tank?

Last edited by GRR Spartan on Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:01 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: until Bush appealed to racists with the Willie Horton card..

Fake Excuse.

I'm sorry you don't like my opinions..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:04 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:What was the story behind that picture of Dukakis in the tank? I remember him being made fun of over it and people attribute it to why he lost, but I was pretty young back then and didn't really care too much about that shit.

Mostly it was that he looked kinda dorky in the pictures and it was completely against his policies. He as pretty much a peacenik and the tank ride as supposedly to change that image - didn't work.

More than the Horton ad I've seen this moment cited more often as the why he lost moment...

SOUNDS THAT BITE Dukakis' Deadly Response
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:18 pm

More deflection from Goose.

He doesn't want to comment on Presdent Trump's increasing the defense budget by 10 %.

In the border wall thread Goose wanted to talk about Democrats and debt. Now he doesn't want to comment on increasing military spending. He wants to talk about former MA governor Dukakis
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:19 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:More deflection from Goose.

He doesn't want to comment on Presdent Trump's increasing the defense budget by 10 %.

In the border wall thread Goose wanted to talk about Democrats and debt. Now he doesn't want to comment on increasing military spending. He wants to talk about former MA governor Dukakis
that's because he doesn't like him, doesn't support him and didn't vote for him. Military to get a 10% increase in budget next year 1494614055
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:03 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Fake Excuse.

I'm sorry you don't like my opinions..

Since you skipped the question....

Al Gore.

Just as Hills used the Obama birther thing 1st.

Dems hate it when Reps use the dirty tricks they come up with.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:04 pm

I think it's great stuff. After all what kind of a dictator can he be with a weak military?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:20 pm

LooseGoose wrote:

I think it's great stuff. After all what kind of a dictator can he be with a weak military?

Goose, I think the problem here is we all took your word that you are a conservative. You're obviously nowhere near that. You're a republican. Looking at it from that aspect makes you seem less out of your mind and more like a cheerleader. BTW, that's fine with me.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:35 pm

Hilarious that the amount we're adding to the Military budget is pretty damn close to the amount we would spend annually on free college tuition for all Americans.

FUCKING LOL. What a joke this country is.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:56 pm

We can't afford to educate Americans. That's why we import people from India, China and Eastern Europe for jobs that require higher ed. They all get educated on their home country's dime and come to the US for reduced salaries.

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:50 pm

I'm just glad everyone is now able to complain about the defense budget again.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:56 pm

xsanguine wrote:I'm just glad everyone is now able to complain about the defense budget again.

I've been complaining about it for years now xsang :)
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:01 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
xsanguine wrote:I'm just glad everyone is now able to complain about the defense budget again.

*brofist*

This will have the positive effect of getting people to pay attention to this again. Maybe that can carry over even if another media darling wins the next election. Fat chance but I'll remain hopeful.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:15 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

Not as much as Eisenhower did. And he wasn't effective. But maybe if we write a letter or two.......
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:11 pm

Has any other department ever been increased by 10% ina singular budget without a crisis at hand?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:15 pm

Also does the VA hospitals and medical care for vets fall under that budget? I'd be thrilled with a ten percent increase there
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:33 pm

What about our airports though? I thought Trump wanted fancy airports. I hope that's not getting cut.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:58 pm

Cut the EPA and boost the military. A few less climate change and bird migration studies.

Sounds good to me.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:19 pm

The_Dude wrote:Cut the EPA and boost the military. A few less climate change and bird migration studies.

Sounds good to me.

If by boost the military you mean line the pockets of defense contractors with no impact to our military effectiveness whatsoever, sure.

I like how spending more on public education is perceived as "throwing money at the problem and a total waste" but increased military spending is perceived as making America safer.

We need smarter military spending, not more of it.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:49 pm

AnomanderRake wrote:
The_Dude wrote:Cut the EPA and boost the military.  A few less climate change and bird migration studies.

Sounds good to me.

If by boost the military you mean line the pockets of defense contractors with no impact to our military effectiveness whatsoever, sure.

I like how spending more on public education is perceived as "throwing money at the problem and a total waste" but increased military spending is perceived as making America safer.

Much like your assessment that additional military spending just goes to defense contractors, additional school funding just goes to the school administrations not the students.

http://www.heritage.org/education/report/how-escalating-education-spending-killing-crucial-reform wrote:From 1970 to 2010, student enrollment increased by a modest 7.8 percent, while the number of public-school teachers increased by 60 percent. During the same time, non-teaching staff positions increased by 138 percent, and total staffing grew by 84 percent. Teachers now comprise just half of all public-education employees.
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:19 pm

CheesySpartan wrote:
AnomanderRake wrote:

Much like your assessment that additional military spending just goes to defense contractors, additional school funding just goes to the school administrations not the students.

http://www.heritage.org/education/report/how-escalating-education-spending-killing-crucial-reform wrote:From 1970 to 2010, student enrollment increased by a modest 7.8 percent, while the number of public-school teachers increased by 60 percent. During the same time, non-teaching staff positions increased by 138 percent, and total staffing grew by 84 percent. Teachers now comprise just half of all public-education employees.

I know this, just making an observation that the same group of people that are in favor of increased military spending don't want to increase school funding. They don't get the hypocrisy, don't understand how their tax dollars are being wasted.

I would like to see smarter spending in both areas but it will never happen in our current form of government that is infected by special interest groups and corrupt to its core.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:26 pm

AnomanderRake wrote:
CheesySpartan wrote:

I know this, just making an observation that the same group of people that are in favor of increased military spending don't want to increase school funding. They don't get the hypocrisy, don't understand how their tax dollars are being wasted.

I would like to see smarter spending in both areas but it will never happen in our current form of government that is infected by special interest groups and corrupt to its core.

Agreed
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:32 am

AnomanderRake wrote:
CheesySpartan wrote:

Fuck yeah, AR
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:33 am

The_Dude wrote:Cut the EPA and boost the military. A few less climate change and bird migration studies.

Sounds good to me.

Dude, no, Dude. And I'm only zeroing in on 'boost the military'. What the fuck for?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:46 am

So, I don't know if my parents just don't know how to answer me, or don't want to get into a big fight about it. I asked them again, with my son sleeping next to them on the couch, how they could justify increasing the military budget by 54 billion dollars, while taking away programs for their grandchild. Right now we don't qualify for much, but the therapy sessions have helped tremendously. We're spending about $2k a year in co-pays, and now having to fight with the insurance companies. Yet, now there is going to be even less in the budget for those type of programs, meanwhile we can have another nuclear missile?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down