Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is anyone ready to lay their ass on the line for this Illinois game?

+19
Vlad
aualum06
InTenSity
WhiteBoyHatcher
Death Roe
The_Dude
AnomanderRake
Watch Out Pylon!
Steve81
MattyFresh
Cameron
CheesySpartan
SawGreen
Other Teams Pursuing That
duffy munn
Nordic
DWags
Jake from State Farm
Herbie Green
23 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Is anyone ready to lay their ass on the line for this Illinois game? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is anyone ready to lay their ass on the line for this Illinois game?

Post by Steve81 2017-03-01, 23:07

Tum shoots?

Steve81
Steve81
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Is anyone ready to lay their ass on the line for this Illinois game? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is anyone ready to lay their ass on the line for this Illinois game?

Post by Death Roe 2017-03-01, 23:07

Inb4 the babies whine about Tum Tum some more.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-01, 23:07

Fuck stick.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-03-01, 23:07

Should have hired PJ Fleck
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2017-03-01, 23:08

aualum06 wrote:And nairn gets the shot? Why was he even on the floor?

Exactly
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-01, 23:08

I'm greatly disappointed.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-03-01, 23:08

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Should have hired PJ Fleck

I think they should call John Groce after the season.

Last edited by Death Roe on 2017-03-01, 23:08; edited 1 time in total
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-01, 23:08

Fire Izzo Scrap the program.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2017-03-01, 23:09

Death Roe wrote:Inb4 the babies whine about Tum Tum some more.

Yep because Tum Tum is awesome...Really?
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-03-01, 23:09

I'm guessing we will find out Nick Ward had the flu???
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-01, 23:10

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Why is McQuaid inbounding?

He was a QB in high school.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-03-01, 23:10

CheesySpartan wrote:
Death Roe wrote:Inb4 the babies whine about Tum Tum some more.

I've found it insecure and pathetic to whine about kids who are playing their asses off for your favorite team.

Tum Tum may not be the greatest, but the dude gives it his all and tries. I'll never shit on him for that. Some of the feces on here love to do it. Sad.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-03-01, 23:11

aualum06 wrote:And nairn gets the shot? Why was he even on the floor?

That is mind bottling

Oh well...gotta get one more somewhere
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-03-01, 23:11

I thought Tum Tum did a great job of almost hitting the rim there
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Is anyone ready to lay their ass on the line for this Illinois game? - Page 4 Empty It might be time for Izzo to go

Post by Vlad 2017-03-01, 23:11

Suddenly Nairn is our go-to guy down the stretch?? You run an isolation play to Nairn?? Because why?? Because he's that good?? Kid has no game!

C'mon Tom. If this is all you got, time to call it a career.

Last edited by Vlad on 2017-03-01, 23:13; edited 1 time in total
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2017-03-01, 23:11

Izzo knew Tum Tum was the only way we were getting a decent look with 3.4 seconds left. It was a prayer but shit I'm not gonna blame this loss on Tum Tum.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-01, 23:11

My guess about Tum Tum. Izzo is thinking we're getting fouled there with anyone who grabs the ball. Fastest guy needs to break for it to get a half ass shot at it vs a one and one on the line with less then one second left.

Is anyone ready to lay their ass on the line for this Illinois game? - Page 4 502811600

That's my guess fuck you guys.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2017-03-01, 23:12

LooseGoose wrote:Fire Izzo Scrap the program.

SMH...This was a very winnable game...It now means we HAVE to win Games one of the BIG (We ain't beating Maryland). Just keeping it 100%
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-03-01, 23:12

Vlad wrote:Suddenly Nairn is our go-to guy down the stretch?? You run an isolation play to Nairn?? Because why?? Because he he's that good?? Kid has no game!

C'mon Tom. If his is all you got, time to call it a career.

Before anyone responds to this fecal matter, please see my signature. Vlad the Vag enjoys ripping on MSU more than supporting them.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-03-01, 23:12

I was about to ask where your bitch ass was at.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-03-01, 23:13

Herbie Green wrote:I thought Tum Tum did a great job of almost hitting the rim there

My post is already validated. Thanks Herbie.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-01, 23:13

AnomanderRake wrote:Izzo knew Tum Tum was the only way we were getting a decent look with 3.4 seconds left. It was a prayer but shit I'm not gonna blame this loss on Tum Tum.

Hey similar.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-03-01, 23:13

Death Roe wrote:
CheesySpartan wrote:

I've found it insecure and pathetic to whine about kids who are playing their asses off for your favorite team.

Tum Tum may not be the greatest, but the dude gives it his all and tries. I'll never shit on him for that. Some of the feces on here love to do it. Sad.

Agree... not sure you draw up the last shot for hin though. Not his fault, bad play.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-03-01, 23:13

They shot pretty well and we turned it over too much. Didn't deserve to win, kind of surprising we had a chance at the end.

I don't love Tum getting the last shot there, but I think I get the decision to put the ball in his hands. He's fast enough to get from one end of the court to the other in that amount of time, and he's harder to catch and foul before he gets a shot off.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-03-01, 23:13

Honestly, big picture. I did not expect us to win that game. I said somewhere on here I thought we would be Wiscy and lose to UI and Maryland to finish the reg season. The way they shot the ball (and considering the way their bigs shot, neither of whom are very good shooters), I'm pleasantly surprised it wasn't a double digit blowout. I think we will have a chance to pull one out Saturday against a much better Maryland team. Team is growing up.

Horrible last play. Not sure if that was designed or not.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2017-03-01, 23:13

Im always here. Approaching a quarter century.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-03-01, 23:14

Vlad wrote:Im always here.

It is well documented that you are not here when the sports teams are doing well.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-01, 23:15

AnomanderRake wrote:Izzo knew Tum Tum was the only way we were getting a decent look with 3.4 seconds left. It was a prayer but shit I'm not gonna blame this loss on Tum Tum.

I think you and Wags nailed it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-03-01, 23:16

LooseGoose wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Why is McQuaid inbounding?

He was a QB in high school.

I would want him down on the other end of the floor to receive a possible pass. I didn't see, was he at least trailing Tum?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-03-01, 23:16

Vlad who would you replace him with? Can you outline your plan for continuing the NCAA Tourney streak under the next Shaka Smart? Please let us know your 10 point plan.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-03-01, 23:16

EDIT: This is in response to Vlad. Was more clear before the thread merge.

That was not an isolation for him at the end. That was getting him the ball on the move and praying he could get a 3 off before he got fouled or the clock ran out. There's not a lot of good options in that sort of situation. What would you have drawn up?

Last edited by Cameron on 2017-03-01, 23:17; edited 1 time in total
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-03-01, 23:17

Vlad wrote:Im always here. Approaching a quarter century.

Yet you insult people with higher post counts... hypocrisy?
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-03-01, 23:17

Vlad wrote:Im always here after losses. Approaching a quarter century.

Pathetic and fixed.

Last edited by Watch Out Pylon! on 2017-03-01, 23:18; edited 1 time in total
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-03-01, 23:17

Don't approve of the merge but I get it. Take away the attention whore's focal point. I would have thought it better to leave it out there so we could continue to highlight and expose the idiocy for the next decade.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2017-03-01, 23:18

[quote="DWags"]My guess about Tum Tum. Izzo is thinking we're getting fouled there with anyone who grabs the ball. Fastest guy needs to break for it to get a half ass shot at it vs a one and one on the line with less then one second left.

Is anyone ready to lay their ass on the line for this Illinois game? - Page 4 502811600

That's my guess as well

Last edited by CheesySpartan on 2017-03-01, 23:19; edited 3 times in total
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-03-01, 23:18

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Don't approve of the merge but I get it. Take away the attention whore's focal point. I would have thought it better to leave it out there so we could continue to highlight and expose the idiocy for the next decade.

I would've preferred a title edit. Maybe "I think it's time I go"
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-03-01, 23:20

Cameron wrote:EDIT: This is in response to Vlad. Was more clear before the thread merge.

That was not an isolation for him at the end. That was getting him the ball on the move and praying he could get a 3 off before he got fouled or the clock ran out. There's not a lot of good options in that sort of situation. What would you have drawn up?

Actually a good play, they crossed Tum and Bridges. Both Illini guys were focused on Bridges and switched getting a big on Tum.

But right before they inbounded they subbed Cash for Tum. Neither the offense of defensive set changed and I bet you get the same result with Illini focusing on Bridges.

Whatever....get one more

Last edited by Nordic on 2017-03-01, 23:22; edited 1 time in total
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-03-01, 23:20

Death Roe wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Don't approve of the merge but I get it. Take away the attention whore's focal point. I would have thought it better to leave it out there so we could continue to highlight and expose the idiocy for the next decade.

I would've preferred a title edit. Maybe "I think it's time I go"

Vlad doesn't bother me so much. At least he owns it. His content is just boring.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2017-03-01, 23:20

So Tum was our only hope on that final play? Is that what I'm hearing? Well that's comforting to know, that the worst PG Izzo has had in his career is our best hope in a situation like that.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2017-03-01, 23:20

Death Roe wrote:
CheesySpartan wrote:

Dude...Tum Tum ???...No

Last edited by CheesySpartan on 2017-03-01, 23:24; edited 2 times in total
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next