Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is anyone ready to lay their ass on the line for this Illinois game?

+19
Vlad
aualum06
InTenSity
WhiteBoyHatcher
Death Roe
The_Dude
AnomanderRake
Watch Out Pylon!
Steve81
MattyFresh
Cameron
CheesySpartan
SawGreen
Other Teams Pursuing That
duffy munn
Nordic
DWags
Jake from State Farm
Herbie Green
23 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Is anyone ready to lay their ass on the line for this Illinois game? - Page 6 Empty Re: Is anyone ready to lay their ass on the line for this Illinois game?

Post by Vlad 2017-03-01, 23:37

DWags wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Too many turnovers. Illinois shot really well. Whatever. Let's shit on Izzo some more because we're a dumb fucking fan base. Wheeeeeee!

Pretty much balls on. Turnovers are a lack of mental focus.

But what's new about turnovers?? Izzo's teams turn the ball over a lot. This is not news.

I can write the script for the next loss – turnovers and bad defense.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Is anyone ready to lay their ass on the line for this Illinois game? - Page 6 Empty Re: Is anyone ready to lay their ass on the line for this Illinois game?

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-03-01, 23:42

Vlad is like those birds that just show up to eat the shit cows leave behind.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-01, 23:43

GRR Spartan wrote:Vlad is like those birds that just show up to eat the shit cows leave behind.

Is anyone ready to lay their ass on the line for this Illinois game? - Page 6 502811600

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-03-01, 23:43

Vlad wrote:
DWags wrote:

Pretty much balls on. Turnovers are a lack of mental focus.

But what's new about turnovers?? Izzo's teams turn the ball over a lot. This is not news.

I'd like to see how the next game plays out in your mind before the game, since you know the formula.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2017-03-01, 23:47

InTenSity wrote:
Vlad wrote:

I'd like to see how the next game plays out in your mind before the game, since you know the formula.

I can already tell you that it won't involve Tum taking the last shot, because I still can't believe what I saw at the end tonight. WTF Tom??

But turnovers and bad defense, yeah you can pencil that into every two out of three games.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-03-01, 23:52

I wouldn't post during the game. I agree on the turnovers. Not one of the guards (in total) finest games.

The sequence that typified the game for me was when Bridges pinned the ball to the backboard made an outlet to I believe Langford, who then tried to a high pass to Ward that went out of bounds. The Illini got the ball back and scored.

Can't play that sloppy and expect to win on the road.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2017-03-02, 09:00

Turnovers are a constant. But that last shot...my grandmother had a better of making that shot than Tum did (although she would've had a tough time pushing the ball down the court as quickly as Tum did.)

(Oh, and my grandmother has been dead for 7 years, but still...)
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-03-02, 09:42

https://twitter.com/RicoBeard/status/837163158821306368

Izzo thought he could sub on the dead ball timeout and had Cassius in the game. Refs told him no and made Tum stay in. Didn't have another TO to draw up a new play.

Fire Izzo, the black guy with glasses, the big black guy and the white guy with the buzz cut for not knowing the rules.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2017-03-02, 10:15

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:https://twitter.com/RicoBeard/status/837163158821306368

Izzo thought he could sub on the dead ball timeout and had Cassius in the game. Refs told him no and made Tum stay in. Didn't have another TO to draw up a new play.

Fire Izzo, the black guy with glasses, the big black guy and the white guy with the buzz cut for not knowing the rules.

I saw that happening but didn't realize that the refs didn't allow it.

Wow...not a good year for our two revered head coaches.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-03-02, 10:20

Vlad wrote:

Amen. Fuck Izzo for letting Schilling and Carter blow their knees out. And Detonate Davis? Fuck Izzo for letting him go to the NBA. What was Izzo thinking?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2017-03-02, 10:26

kingstonlake wrote:
Vlad wrote:

Amen. Fuck Izzo for letting Schilling and Carter blow their knees out. And Detonate Davis? Fuck Izzo for letting him go to the NBA. What was Izzo thinking?

I do appreciate the sarcasm, believe me I do, but turnovers and offseason injuries are two constants with Izzo's team. Injuries aren't his fault obviously, but it is what it is. As for Schilling and Carter, Carter hadn't played a minute for MSU so was an unknown anyway, and Schilling wasn't exactly all-conference. Mr. FoulsALot.

Last edited by Vlad on 2017-03-02, 17:15; edited 1 time in total
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2017-03-02, 17:14

Death Roe wrote:
CheesySpartan wrote:

Dude...Tum Tum sucks

I think if you put any of us on that court, we'd suck way more than him. He gives it his all and doesn't hide behind a keyboard and a username like Vlad.

"Don't mistake activity for achievement"  Bill Walton channeling John Wooden
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-03-02, 17:18

CheesySpartan wrote:
Death Roe wrote:

I think if you put any of us on that court, we'd suck way more than him. He gives it his all and doesn't hide behind a keyboard and a username like Vlad.

Don't mistake paying players for achievement - Anonymous
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve81 2017-03-02, 19:59

If the Illini played as hard as they did last night every game they would have quite a few more wins this year imo.
Steve81
Steve81
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-03-02, 23:48

CheesySpartan wrote:
Death Roe wrote:

Is anyone ready to lay their ass on the line for this Illinois game? - Page 6 Giphy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2017-03-03, 10:04

This says it all about Izzo & his relationship with players

https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/837146614250811392

I could watch that and laugh all day long
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-03-03, 10:25

Heard that yesterday as well and that makes sense. When I watched the replay Cash was in the game and Tum sub'ed in for him at the last second. It was actually a really good play. It got a big on Tum (which should of been Cash) and the pg on Bridges.

Gions also had a layout block on the big chasing Tum just past mid court which was awesome.

Of course Cash and Ward shouldn't be sub'ing in and out with 2 min to go Is anyone ready to lay their ass on the line for this Illinois game? - Page 6 2102841802
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-03-03, 12:08

kingstonlake wrote:
Vlad wrote:

Thing is, Carter was already coming off a missed season for a blown knee, Schilling had injuries in past and the possibility of Davis going pro was always there. It was terrible luck to have all three things go bad yet all were possible and meanwhile Izzo had overloaded the wing. I mean he even had Ahrens burn his redshirt his freshmen year when he had no chance of contributing and then had to try to turn him into a power forward.
Yeah there is always luck involved and you got to take some risks but this one was poorly calculated.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6