Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ridiculous ticket prices (Warning: Soccer)

3 posters

Go down

Ridiculous ticket prices (Warning: Soccer) Empty Ridiculous ticket prices (Warning: Soccer)

Post by MiamiSpartan Fri 17 Mar 2017 - 11:12

Blah, blah, a bunch of you hate soccer, think it's boring, etc. Great. We got that out of the way now?

Ok, so they announced last week that Real Madrid and Barcelona will be playing a pre-season friendly here in Miami. They're two of the best teams in the world, and each has one of two best players in the world, plus a couple others that are not far behind. In Spain, it's called "El Clasico" when they play. This will be only the second time, and first since 1982 or something, that the two teams have ever played outside of Spain.

Pre-sale for tickets went on sale this morning, so I go on with a code to get some. Cheapest seats, upper deck, standing room only.....$400. Get the fuck out of here. The cheapest actual seats is $620 for last row upper deck in the end. Cheapest lower bowl seats are $1250. When they announced this they were calling it a SuperBowl type event. But seriously, SuperBowl type prices? For a meaningless pre-season friendly soccer game? But fuck it, if they can sell it out like that, more power to them, I guess.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Ridiculous ticket prices (Warning: Soccer) Empty Re: Ridiculous ticket prices (Warning: Soccer)

Post by InTenSity Fri 17 Mar 2017 - 11:47

MiamiSpartan wrote:Blah, blah, a bunch of you hate soccer, think it's boring, etc.  Great.  We got that out of the way now?

Ok, so they announced last week that Real Madrid and Barcelona will be playing a pre-season friendly here in Miami.  They're two of the best teams in the world, and each has one of two best players in the world, plus a couple others that are not far behind.  In Spain, it's called "El Clasico" when they play.  This will be only the second time, and first since 1982 or something, that the two teams have ever played outside of Spain.

Pre-sale for tickets went on sale this morning, so I go on with a code to get some.  Cheapest seats, upper deck, standing room only.....$400.  Get the fuck out of here.  The cheapest actual seats is $620 for last row upper deck in the end.  Cheapest lower bowl seats are $1250.  When they announced this they were calling it a SuperBowl type event.  But seriously, SuperBowl type prices?  For a meaningless pre-season friendly soccer game?  But fuck it, if they can sell it out like that, more power to them, I guess.  

Don't buy anything. Let me see if I can get you a hookup.

Edit - Are they playing at Hard Rock Stadium (Dolphin)?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Ridiculous ticket prices (Warning: Soccer) Empty Re: Ridiculous ticket prices (Warning: Soccer)

Post by MiamiSpartan Fri 17 Mar 2017 - 12:13

InTenSity wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:Blah, blah, a bunch of you hate soccer, think it's boring, etc.  Great.  We got that out of the way now?

Ok, so they announced last week that Real Madrid and Barcelona will be playing a pre-season friendly here in Miami.  They're two of the best teams in the world, and each has one of two best players in the world, plus a couple others that are not far behind.  In Spain, it's called "El Clasico" when they play.  This will be only the second time, and first since 1982 or something, that the two teams have ever played outside of Spain.

Pre-sale for tickets went on sale this morning, so I go on with a code to get some.  Cheapest seats, upper deck, standing room only.....$400.  Get the fuck out of here.  The cheapest actual seats is $620 for last row upper deck in the end.  Cheapest lower bowl seats are $1250.  When they announced this they were calling it a SuperBowl type event.  But seriously, SuperBowl type prices?  For a meaningless pre-season friendly soccer game?  But fuck it, if they can sell it out like that, more power to them, I guess.  

Yeah, in late July.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Fri 17 Mar 2017 - 12:14

MiamiSpartan wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

Yeah, in late July.
Ok, I might be able to get you one ticket. Hopefully the guy can get 4, but that would mean me, my buddy, his brother and you would go.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Fri 17 Mar 2017 - 13:37

That's great if you can. If not, no worries. I'll be interested to see if the sales go strong at these prices, or if they over-valued them.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri 17 Mar 2017 - 14:03

I gotta think they'd come down at some point. Id sooner put that kinda money in a fund to go to Europe and watch a game that actually matters there.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Fri 17 Mar 2017 - 15:03

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I gotta think they'd come down at some point. Id sooner put that kinda money in a fund to go to Europe and watch a game that actually matters there.
Yeah, no kidding. I don't know if they'll come down, though. If they start selling them for $100, wouldn't people that paid several times that be pretty pissed off? Unless that was higher for the right to buy the pre-sale or something. I feel like they priced them based on what they could go for on the secondary market when/if it sells out.

MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down