Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat)

+12
Nordic
aualum06
Travis of the Cosmos
MiamiSpartan
Motown Spartan
Rick Saunders
The Pantry
Floyd Robertson
tGreenWay
AvgMSUJoe
GRR Spartan
NigelUno
16 posters

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) Empty Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat)

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sun 24 Apr 2022 - 13:34

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Fucking Spurs

also bump. i should have picked liverpool. Spurs seem to choke every time they have something good going
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) Empty Re: Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat)

Post by aualum06 Sun 24 Apr 2022 - 16:35

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:GOAAAAALLLLL F U EVERTON

Yes everton. Fu
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

CaptainSlow33 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) Empty Re: Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat)

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sun 24 Apr 2022 - 18:53

aualum06 wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:GOAAAAALLLLL F U EVERTON

Yes everton. Fu

i was emotional after everton was a disgrace to futbol in the first half
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Sun 24 Apr 2022 - 20:05

MiamiSpartan wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:Ole sacked. It's sad. Had to happen based on things going off the rails this season, but it's sad that it didn't work out. As a manager, he brought us the best 2 seasons in the post-Ferguson era, but took things as far as he could. As a player, he'll always be a legend that gave me countless memories. One of the nicest guys in sports.

Darren Fletcher will take over for now (big CL game on Tuesday). I don't know if he will go till end of season.

Rumors:

Zidane - Ronaldo supposedly wants him, and there were stories today that the Glazers said to do everything to get him. But zidane doesn't really want it. Letting your most marketable player decide who the next coach is, and then paying out the ass for that coach who doesn't really want to be there would be absolute peak Glazers.

Brendan Rodgers - Some insiders say he is all but done. Others not so sure. Good coach, but is a serial choker.

Erik Ten Hag - Ajax coach. One of the best up and comers. This would be the smart choice, whether now or in May. One of the few realistic options that could potentially compete with Pep, Klopp, and Tuchel in terms of pure coaching/tactical ability. So therefore, this is highly unlikely.

Ralf Rangnick - DOF at a club in Russia now. Former Leipzig manager. Thought fining Germany as one if the best minds in the game. Supposedly Klopp picked up a lot from him, including the gangenpress or whatever he calls it. The rumors suggest him as an interim coach and then DOF that will hire the permanent coach. This also makes too much sense for the Glazers to do it.

So this appears to be happening. Well, mostly. 6 month contract as interim, with a 2 year consultancy role (not DOF, but maybe a sign of having a plan).

The last few days the talk was about Pochettino, but that would require Zidane wanting to go to PSG now. This probably Zidane didn't want that. Whether Zidane wants PSG in the summer, allowing Poch to move to United then, I don't know. Rangnick might change that plan, either by doing well enough to stay on permanently, or by pushing the club to another candidate. Or he might back Poch, as well.

Huh, so the two things that I said back in November made too much sense for United to do, both actually happened. So that's step 1 and 2. Now the question is whether the board can follow through with their ideas. Rangnick this week pointed out everything that fans have been saying for years, about how the structure of the club needed to be changed, and that just the manager isn't enough without bigger changes. Saying that publicly either means that the board is listening to him, or that he will get fired before his 2 year consultancy kicks in.

As far as real change, I'll believe it when I see it. Until then, Ten Hag is just the latest United manager that will be let down by the board and thrown under the bus by the players, just like the last 5 managers.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Mon 25 Apr 2022 - 6:53

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

Yes everton. Fu

i was emotional after everton was a disgrace to futbol in the first half

Just regulate us two or three divisions. It will be well deserved
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 28 Apr 2022 - 12:11

Matty!!! (Rip)

[tw]1519707459929128961[/tw]

It was pretty well understood that he would leave in the summer of 2024 for a few years now, he’s even talked about liking the idea of taking a year off, so this was pretty welcome news to wake up to this morning. He’ll be around until at least 2026
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sun 1 May 2022 - 11:13

Chelsea suck it lol
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed 4 May 2022 - 17:37

Lol go fuck yourselves city
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Wed 4 May 2022 - 18:00

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Lol go fuck yourselves city

Oops
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sat 7 May 2022 - 16:40

1 lucky deflection away from holding that L Travis
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sun 8 May 2022 - 9:16

Ha ha ha two defenders wipe each other out and give up a break away. What a nice joke
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sun 8 May 2022 - 11:14

3 more points, let's go
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu 12 May 2022 - 8:45

huge match between tottenham and arsenal today
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu 12 May 2022 - 14:04

COYS COYS COYS Travis!!!!!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 12 May 2022 - 14:08

I’m not a big Tottenham fan after that rude draw last weekend otpt. Of course, it almost certainly will have had made absolutely no difference in the end as man city is just going to keep steamrolling teams until the end of the season, so it will be quickly forgiven and I’ll get back to passively rooting for spurs soon.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu 12 May 2022 - 14:33

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I’m not a big Tottenham fan after that rude draw last weekend otpt. Of course, it almost certainly will have had made absolutely no difference in the end as man city is just going to keep steamrolling teams until the end of the season, so it will be quickly forgiven and I’ll get back to passively rooting for spurs soon.

How about today in like 10 minutes bro
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 12 May 2022 - 15:26

Okay that’s fine I’m rooting for Tottenham again
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu 12 May 2022 - 15:29

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Okay that’s fine I’m rooting for Tottenham again

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) 3434560931 good start Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) 3434560931
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun 22 May 2022 - 12:35

I’m going to throw up
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun 22 May 2022 - 12:42

I’m no longer going to throw up
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri 27 May 2022 - 10:41

i'm late to the party but tottenham is in the champions league and that's exciting considering the turmoil of the club the last few years

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) Antonio-conte-tottenham-hotspur
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri 27 May 2022 - 12:59

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I’m going to throw up
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I’m no longer going to throw up

The timing on these two posts is crazy. 7 minutes apart, the first was made while it was still my understanding that it was 2-0 villa and Liverpool just needed a goal to win the league (technically city may have scored their first around that time but I wasn’t aware yet). 7 minutes later it was 3-2 city and none of it mattered anymore. What a bunch of dickholes.

Anywho, on to the small matter of the final tomorrow. Thiago and Fabinho are reportedly healthy which makes me confident again. Pretty worried about the midfield if either can’t go.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sat 28 May 2022 - 13:08

For those of you looking to stay inside today and are clicking on this thread so I suspect that you’re soccer curious- the Champions League final is on at 3 on CBS. This is the closest thing to the soccer super bowl there is. It’s Liverpool (me, Matty, legions of fans around the world) who have won it the second most times of any team (6) vs Real Madrid (losers, jerks, from Spain) who have won it the most times of any team (13). Madrid has a fun, stressful, annoying habit of falling behind in games this season then mounting improbable comebacks. It should be a fun one.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sat 28 May 2022 - 15:20

Liverpool classy

[tw]1530625658048729090?t=8EHtRW25NH2LzsdwLwC6sw&s=19[/tw]
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sat 28 May 2022 - 15:28

[tw]1530618659521056770?t=Lyf8PdUVQwqKeM_KBQVtEg&s=19[/tw]
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sat 28 May 2022 - 15:32

aualum06 wrote:Liverpool classy

On the other hand, 4 of 5 gates in that end have been closed, and people have been waiting for 3+ hours outside to get in. Ticketed fans getting tear-gassed. Spartan stadium levels of ineptitude.

Don’t buy UEFA bullshit. “Late arriving fans”- give me a break this is the social media age. Notice that video is being taken inside the stadium. Who is taking it?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sat 28 May 2022 - 15:36

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
aualum06 wrote:Liverpool classy

On the other hand, 4 of 5 gates in that end have been closed, and people have been waiting for 3+ hours outside to get in. Ticketed fans getting tear-gassed. Spartan stadium levels of ineptitude.

Don’t buy UEFA bullshit. “Late arriving fans”- give me a break this is the social media age. Notice that video is being taken inside the stadium. Who is taking it?

Oh trav I'm just trolling you about the fans because this is a complete UEFA shit show 1000%
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 1 Jun 2022 - 14:24

[tw]1532053133999882240[/tw]
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed 1 Jun 2022 - 16:44

Great job by Ukraine, 3-1 over Scotland in a World Cup qualifying game that got postponed because it was scheduled to be played within a matter of days from when Russia invaded. I can't NOT root for them, but damn, I dont want the US playing them in the World Cup (which will happen if Ukraine beats Wales on Sunday).
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Fri 3 Jun 2022 - 16:22

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) 3493939353

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) Screen30
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Fri 3 Jun 2022 - 18:41

Nordic wrote:Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) 3493939353

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) Screen30
Big win in the battle of the lowlands.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sat 11 Jun 2022 - 16:02

GOAAALLLL!!!!

A couple quick ones and the Dutch tie it up 2-2. 55 min mark. FS1.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sat 11 Jun 2022 - 16:35

Hand Ball!!!

Edit: Neutral
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sat 11 Jun 2022 - 16:51

I'll take a draw after going down two. Poles got a good goal early then packed the box. Dutch played into their hands in the first half, playing Spanish ball contol football. Didn't like it.

Came out in the second half playing Dutch football. They opened it up Sending balls long up the middle. Gave up a shit goal, but got both back quick. Had a bunch of opportunities to get a third. I liked the tempo.

One fucking beef. Set pieces blow donkey balls. Short corner (unless undefended) pisses me off. Send it everytime. They did the same bullshit in extra time on a free kick just outside the box.

The mighty Wales squad tied Belgium, so thar is good.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

MiamiSpartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri 5 Aug 2022 - 0:28

Premier League is back this weekend! Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) 969504605 COYS
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sat 6 Aug 2022 - 8:03

travis you up
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sat 6 Aug 2022 - 12:29

Travis you posted in the wrong thread
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sat 6 Aug 2022 - 12:34

I’m sorry otpt I somehow didn’t see my favorite thread on the board was bumped. I was indeed up. Nunez is awesome, we desperately need to sign a midfielder, pitch was dry. Spurs looked good
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Sat 6 Aug 2022 - 14:57

Thanks to Peacock I wasted at more of a Saturday in front of the TV today than I typically do with college football and I stopped rather than flipping to USA for another game.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sat 6 Aug 2022 - 19:58

For Nigel. The game winner was sweat good.

Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next