Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat)

+19
AvgMSUJoe
Robert J Sakimano
steveschneider
GRR Spartan
Motown Spartan
Rocinante
Heathens '87
NigelUno
MattyFresh
DWags
Nordic
The Pantry
kingstonlake
Watch Out Pylon!
tGreenWay
InTenSity
WhiteBoyHatcher
Turtleneck
Travis of the Cosmos
23 posters

Page 1 of 25 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

Go down

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) Empty Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat)

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-12-26, 11:51

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) 1f440
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) Empty Re: Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat)

Post by aualum06 2019-01-02, 09:03

Pulisc to Chelsea
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat) Empty Re: Warning, this thread is for soccer (more like Travis and Matty Liverpool chat)

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-01-02, 10:54

I don’t know a ton about how he’ll fit in at Chelsea though Hazard potentially leaving this summer would open a huge hole he could fill. Chelsea doesn’t exactly have a sterling record of development considering players like Salah and Debruyne, though it ended up working out for both of those players and their national teams just fine.

Obviously I wanted him at Liverpool for purely selfish reasons, but as Shaqiri stepped up into the role that I kinda figured Pulisic could fill when we talked about this a few months ago, it became increasingly apparent that wouldn’t happen.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-01-02, 11:24

I don't like seeing him at Chelsea, but it's better than him going to Liverpool. Of the teams rumored to be after him, it seems like Bayern Munich would have been a good fit. But Bayern has taken a shit ton of Dortmund players in the past, so he may not have wanted to do that to Dortmund and their fans, as he seems like a real nice kid that would be conscious of moving to a rival like that.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-02-04, 02:03

During his CBS sit-down Trump said that he would have a “hard time” letting his son Barron play football. “He likes soccer,” the president said of his youngest. “A lot of people, including me, thought soccer would probably never make it in this country, but it really is moving forward rapidly.”
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-02-08, 22:46

We’ve got quite the premier league title race shaping up friends. It’s tied up between man city and Liverpool with Liverpool having a game in hand. It should be good fun between these powerful squads.

Not even joking though like it’s not bad entertainment on a weekend morning and you should consider getting into this.

Anyway, I’m very concerned about the fact that every Liverpool defender is injured except for the best one. And I really really really want to see something out of Naby. I know Klopp likes to take like the entire season to integrate a new player, but I’m getting stressed about him.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-02-08, 23:13

How’s Tottenham doing
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-02-08, 23:40

They’re in third otpt. Outside shot at the championship but not really realistic because everyone on their team seems to be hurt right now.

Still though, had their best halfway start to a season in club history. Standing in third. Nothing to sneeze at.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-02-09, 00:56

Go spurs!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-02-09, 12:24

Naby has a very good game today I think my post gave him a boost
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2019-02-10, 16:51

Chelsea lmao
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-02-24, 08:55

Leeeeeeeeeettttsssss gooooooooooo
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-02-24, 11:49

I don't think they heard you, Trav.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-02-24, 11:57

MiamiSpartan wrote:I don't think they heard you, Trav.

I don’t think they did Miami.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-02-24, 18:25

I'm sure you guys would have played great if it wasn't for all of the injuries that United suffered. Somehow, I guess. I'm not sure why our injuries hurt you guys, but that's what Lloyd Klopp was saying.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-02-24, 18:27

God dammit you guys.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-03-13, 02:20

MiamiSpartan wrote:I'm sure you guys would have played great if it wasn't for all of the injuries that United suffered. Somehow, I guess. I'm not sure why our injuries hurt you guys, but that's what Lloyd Klopp was saying.

I just saw this.... I know what you’re referring to and I’m like 90% sure that klopp was talking about losing firmino, who is our most important player even if he doesnt always get the accolades.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-03-13, 02:22

Regardless y’all I’m drunk on a boat and so fucking excited for the game tomorrow against Bayern. I’m pretty sure I’ll be able to watch it. We’ll see.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-03-13, 06:31

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:I'm sure you guys would have played great if it wasn't for all of the injuries that United suffered. Somehow, I guess. I'm not sure why our injuries hurt you guys, but that's what Lloyd Klopp was saying.

I just saw this.... I know what you’re referring to and I’m like 90% sure that klopp was talking about losing firmino, who is our most important player even if he doesnt always get the accolades.
No, no he wasn't. Here's the quote:

"We started really, really well, exactly as we wanted to start. Then the injury crisis started as well. That obviously cost us our rhythm."

Even I don't think he's quite a big enough douche to call one player an "injury crisis" when his opponent subbed 3 players for injuries (plus another that then couldn't be subbed) in the first half alone.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-03-13, 09:11

MiamiSpartan wrote:

No, no he wasn't. Here's the quote:

"We started really, really well, exactly as we wanted to start. Then the injury crisis started as well. That obviously cost us our rhythm."

Even I don't think he's quite a big enough douche to call one player an "injury crisis" when his opponent subbed 3 players for injuries (plus another that then couldn't be subbed) in the first half alone.

“There were lots of injuries and one of them was arguably our best player and that cost us our rhythm”

Honestly dog you’re reaching and trying too hard. It happens sometimes wishes you try to force hate when you think you should but can’t.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-03-13, 10:38

That was from a later interview when he was backtracking after being called out for the quote I posted. I saw the interview live with the quote I posted, and he was unequivocably talking about all four injuries...which was only a crisis for one team.
What do you think losing 3 players in a half, and another at 50% and unable to be subbed out, did for our rhythm?

It is like when he has blamed the wind (at least twice now) or the snow, or the length of the grass, as if both teams don't play under the same conditions. That's all just this season. It is nonsense, and even you have to admit that. Or maybe you think UM fans have a point about the weather in the 2017 game, which seemingly only affected them?

Good luck today, hope the winds are still, the grass isn't too long or too short, and there's no precipitation. Oh yeah, and hopefully Bayern doesn't suffer any injuries to mess you guys up. Then maybe you can play Liverpool football fergodsakes.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2019-03-20, 12:30

I know Miami is probably following this shit. The clusterfuck that is going to surround the Miami Soccer Stadium is going to be Epic. I'd even take a wager at this point they end up building in Naples. I don't follow soccer too much, but the amount of local news this is garnering is great. The Beckham group, just basically said they are going to go to Ft. Lauderdale. The deal they have in Miami, may not get off the ground now. Some other soccer league/team wanted the land and had been negotiating for 2 years to get it in Ft. Lauderdale, lost the bid in the last week. Miami can fill everyone in a lot better than I can, I just find it entertaining.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-03-20, 12:57

MiamiSpartan wrote:That was from a later interview when he was backtracking after being called out for the quote I posted. I saw the interview live with the quote I posted, and he was unequivocably talking about all four injuries...which was only a crisis for one team.
What do you think losing 3 players in a half, and another at 50% and unable to be subbed out, did for our rhythm?

It is like when he has blamed the wind (at least twice now) or the snow, or the length of the grass, as if both teams don't play under the same conditions. That's all just this season. It is nonsense, and even you have to admit that. Or maybe you think UM fans have a point about the weather in the 2017 game, which seemingly only affected them?

Good luck today, hope the winds are still, the grass isn't too long or too short, and there's no precipitation. Oh yeah, and hopefully Bayern doesn't suffer any injuries to mess you guys up. Then maybe you can play Liverpool football fergodsakes.

Man I just think you’re forcing the issue in your head a little too much. You’re talking about a guy who is speaking in a foreign language and breaking down every word. Tad bit obsessive if you ask me. Think what you will and best of luck with making the top 4.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-04-17, 17:00

Otpt spurs did some shit!

They gotta do shit again this weekend. But for now they did some shit!
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-04-17, 17:31

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Otpt spurs did some shit!

Splitting the first 2 at denver isn’t bad, eh??
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-04-17, 17:32

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Otpt spurs did some shit!

Oh otpt no no no. They lost to man city in the champions league today which means they won!
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-04-17, 17:51

Oh otpt no no no. They lost to man city in the champions league today which means they won!

I saw they lost 4-3 but somehow this is good? Explain???
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-04-17, 18:14

I saw they lost 4-3 but somehow this is good? Explain???

It’s a playoff type of format. It was the quarterfinals and they play two games against each other and add the score up to determine a winner (it’s sort of like 1 180 minute game with half being played in each team’s stadium.) Spurs won the first game 1-0 and lost the second 4-3 so the total was a 4-4 tie. The tiebreaker is road goals, whichever team scored more goals in the other teams stadium. It goes to overtime if that’s tied too. Since the 4-3 game was away from home, spurs win despite losing the game itself.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-04-24, 19:38

You guys Liverpool is playing a game at Notre Dame and I got some kick ass seats. I’ll see you all there at the official swill tailgate before the game.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-04-24, 20:05

RIP, Matty Fresh.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2019-04-24, 20:21

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:You guys Liverpool is playing a game at Notre Dame and I got some kick ass seats. I’ll see you all there at the official swill tailgate before the game.

I hope they get the fire damage repaired in time
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-05-07, 16:56

Holy shit
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-05-08, 17:02

Holy shit
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2019-05-08, 17:11

Tottenham vs Liverpool. Yawn
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-05-30, 00:31

Hey friends, so the super bowl of soccer is Saturday at 3 and it’s Matty (RIP) and I’s Liverpool team against otpt’s (rip) Tottenham team.

I feel like we should talk about it. Liverpool is definitely favored, and is definitely the better team, but it’s a one off game so you never know. The teams played twice and Liverpool won 2-1 both times, the second time being lucky to score at the end. It’s definitely a tough game.

Here’s what I think happens Saturday- I’m not sure who scores first. Hopefully Liverpool. But even if it’s tottenham, I think the first goal is going to open up the flood gates. Tottenhams defense isn’t enough to carry a team the whole game if they score first and if Liverpool does then they definitely can’t hold up against the counter attack while they are pressing to equalize. I think it ends up 3-1 Liverpool and everyone except otpt (rip) will be happy.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-05-30, 00:37

GO SPURS
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-05-30, 00:44

Both teams have had 3 weeks off since the end of the league season. That brings in a huge question mark as to who it favors. Tottenham has had more injuries, so the initial thought is “oh yeah it favors them” but then you consider the idea of bringing Harry Kane, who hasn’t played in 2 months, on to start and you think that maybe they should hold off in case of overtime, not to mention if he’s going to be effective. Put him on around 60 or so unless you need him before that. Liverpool on the other hand is relatively healthy, but you worry about if they can keep up the form they had in early May while not playing a competitive game for 3 weeks.

I dunno, it’s honestly going to be a very interesting game. It sucks as an American fan because amongst the “other top 6” Tottenham is the one I hate the least. I’d be rooting for them against virtually any other team. But alas, here we are.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-05-30, 06:13

Go Armageddon
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2019-06-01, 16:51

Congrats guys
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-06-01, 17:14

FUCK
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 25 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next