Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Izzo is the best coach in modern day history .. 538

+10
Tim Wakefield
Blanch32
Travis of the Cosmos
kingstonlake
duffy munn
tanfan!
NigelUno
Floyd Robertson
Other Teams Pursuing That
DWags
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Izzo is the best coach in modern day history .. 538 Empty Izzo is the best coach in modern day history .. 538

Post by DWags 2017-03-19, 01:24

Haters gonna hate. Vlad dude OTPT tan Herbie.

Izzo by far
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Izzo is the best coach in modern day history .. 538 Empty Re: Izzo is the best coach in modern day history .. 538

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-03-19, 01:47

"Izzo has me spoiled so bad if we don't make the final four I'm disappointed. That's what elite programs do to expectations. Despite freshman injuries etc"

I guess you are the next troll who I just will stop responding to. Awful.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Izzo is the best coach in modern day history .. 538 Empty Re: Izzo is the best coach in modern day history .. 538

Post by DWags 2017-03-19, 02:01

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:"Izzo has me spoiled so bad if we don't make the final four I'm disappointed. That's what elite programs do to expectations. Despite freshman injuries etc"

Don't know what this means but it seems it's made you angry.

Izzo is the best coach in modern day history .. 538 502811600

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-03-19, 06:16

Would love to see them update that, since it's from 2015.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-03-19, 08:29

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:"Izzo has me spoiled so bad if we don't make the final four I'm disappointed. That's what elite programs do to expectations. Despite freshman injuries etc"

Yeah.  Just Awful...

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Nordic brings up a good point would we rather miss the tourney to give izzo the kick in the ass he obviously needs ?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2017-03-19, 09:16

DWags wrote:Haters gonna hate. Vlad dude OTPT tan Herbie.

Izzo by far

Probably true in 2015. Still can't beat duke or North Carolina. I'd say izzo is number three behind Roy and coach k. Need a guard who can score 8 to 10 points a game. Replace tum tum with a guard who can score those points and we would have won five more gaymes this year and probably defeated Minnesota in the big ten tournament. That's my trolling opinion as anything said that's remotely critical is labeled trolling by you sun shiners
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2017-03-19, 09:37

tanfan! wrote:

Izzo by far

Probably true in 2015. Still can't beat duke or North Carolina. I'd say izzo is number three behind Roy and coach k. Need a guard who can score 8 to 10 points a game. Replace tum tum with a guard who can score those points and we would have won five more gaymes this year and probably defeated Minnesota in the big ten tournament. That's my trolling opinion as anything said that's remotely critical is labeled trolling by you sun shiners

Amazing how much a guy can know about a team without watching them play.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-03-19, 09:37

Izzo by far

Snagged 2 haters so far. Wifi must still be out in Italy.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-03-19, 09:38

tanfan! wrote:

Izzo by far

Simply not true. You can be critical of Izzo, the team, or individuals and not be a troll or trolling. I've done it. I think unfortunately there are some real dumb posters here. I mean stupid, bro. They make real bad basketball or sports analogies and analysis. Then when they are proven wrong or made to look like idiots through evidence, they resort to victimization and lumping those who expose their stupidity into groups as a defense mechanism.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2017-03-19, 09:41

kingstonlake wrote:
tanfan! wrote:

Simply not true. You can be critical of Izzo, the team, or individuals and not be a troll or trolling. I've done it. I think unfortunately there are some real dumb posters here. I mean stupid, bro. They make real bad basketball or sports analogies and analysis. Then when they are proven wrong or made to look like idiots through evidence, they resort to victimization and lumping those who expose their stupidity into groups as a defense mechanism.

I've seen death Row lash out at you bro.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-03-19, 09:45

tanfan! wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

I've seen death Row lash out at you bro.

Never had a problem with him. Don't recall it. Probably an isolated incident if he did. No big deal really.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2017-03-19, 09:48

duffy munn wrote:
tanfan! wrote:

Probably true in 2015.  Still can't beat duke or North Carolina.  I'd say izzo is number three behind Roy and coach k.  Need a guard who can score 8 to 10 points a game. Replace tum tum with a guard who can score those points and we would have won five more gaymes this year and probably defeated Minnesota in the big ten tournament. That's my trolling opinion as anything said that's remotely critical is labeled trolling by you sun shiners

It's really quite hilgayrious how I can tweek you into full blown tilt such that you'll run with it for an entire season.  I manipulate the shit out of you, sit back and just laugh as you stew in anger following every post I generate just so you can flame it.  It's indicative of deep seated emotional issues caused by unresolved daddy issues. Now head over to the rcmb. You've got several posters you follow that need flaming. Then your day will be complete for about an hour. Then wash ride repeat. Bwaaaaa haaaaaa.  Izzo is the best coach in modern day history .. 538 1f635
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2017-03-19, 09:51

tanfan! wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

It's really quite hilgayrious how I can tweek you into full blown tilt such that you'll run with it for an entire season.  I manipulate the shit out of you, sit back and just laugh as you stew in anger following every post I generate just so you can flame it.  It's indicative of deep seated emotional issues caused by unresolved daddy issues. Now head over to the rcmb. You've got several posters you follow that need flaming. Then your day will be complete for about an hour. Then wash ride repeat. Bwaaaaa haaaaaa.  Izzo is the best coach in modern day history .. 538 1f635

I have work to do at the Freep before I head back over to tRCMB.

Then I have to go get some party supplies to watch Property Bros at 5:15 today.

I think I will tilt after that.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-03-19, 09:52

duffy munn wrote:
tanfan! wrote:

It's pretty simple analysis actually.

If we had scored more points than the other team in 5 of our losses, we would have won those games.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-03-19, 09:55

gHost Spartan wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Snagged 2 haters so far. Wifi must still be out in Italy.

I'll defend whomever it is that is in Italy. Whenever I go to Europe I find myself, usually at the beginning or end of the day, hanging out on my phone because there's usually only a couple of English channels on TV and you want to check in. So I don't really have an issue with posting from overseas. In fact, I remember posting on the ferry from Melilla to Africa a few years ago.

I bet the Italian wifi starts to work if we lose today.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-03-19, 10:02

And a round and a round and a round we go

Izzo is the best coach in modern day history .. 538 Tumblr_n134n8HxfO1tnpaxro1_500
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-03-19, 10:13

Izzo by far

ummm... that article is from 2 years ago. no MTSU loss calculated in
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-03-19, 10:13

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:And a round and a round and a round we go

Izzo is the best coach in modern day history .. 538 Tumblr_n134n8HxfO1tnpaxro1_500

It was fun while it lasted Trav! Snap me bro.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-03-19, 10:14

kingstonlake wrote:
tanfan! wrote:

Sincerely ,

sunshine Nigel's sid3 kick
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-03-19, 10:17

NigelUno wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote:

I'll defend whomever it is that is in Italy. Whenever I go to Europe I find myself, usually at the beginning or end of the day, hanging out on my phone because there's usually only a couple of English channels on TV and you want to check in. So I don't really have an issue with posting from overseas. In fact, I remember posting on the ferry from Melilla to Africa a few years ago.

I bet the Italian wifi starts to work if we lose today.

Sincerely ,

The poster who never lefts his mom's basement without her
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-03-19, 10:29

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:And a round and a round and a round we go

It was fun while it lasted Trav! Snap me bro.

You seem to get your feelings hurt when we win. Why is that?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2017-03-19, 11:54

izzo
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2017-03-19, 12:11

Oh boy
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-03-19, 13:10

ESPN Stats and Information

Tom Izzo's .840 winning percentage in the second game of a weekend is the highest among coaches since the NCAA tournament expanded in 1985 (minimum 10 games), better than fellow Hall of Fame coaches Mike Krzyzewski (.800) and Dean Smith (.762)
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-19, 13:21

NigelUno wrote:ESPN Stats and Information

Tom Izzo's .840 winning percentage in the second game of a weekend is the highest among coaches since the NCAA tournament expanded in 1985 (minimum 10 games), better than fellow Hall of Fame coaches Mike Krzyzewski (.800) and Dean Smith (.762)

Oh boy.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2017-03-19, 13:24

DWags wrote:

Oh boy.

bounce
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-03-19, 17:10

So if we win today, izzo keeps this title
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2017-03-19, 20:21

Random slicing of the pie. The bottom line on Izzo is that he's a darn good coach who has brought us to "elite light" level. But he's always been a player or two short to get that second NC, which would put him in truly elite company.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-03-19, 20:40

Vlad wrote:Random slicing of the pie. The bottom line on Izzo is that he's a darn good coach who has brought us to "elite light" level. But he's always been a player or two short to get that second NC, which would put him in truly elite company.

I'm not going to argue with you because you're​ dumb. But if you think MSU basketball is elite lite, you're well, I already said it, dumb. They are consistently one of the best programs in NCAA basketball where it counts. Results. Ask any other coach who had to recruit or play against MSU, ask any media head worth his salt. Ask any high level recruit with a short list.

Just stop.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-03-19, 21:01

kingstonlake wrote:
Vlad wrote:Random slicing of the pie. The bottom line on Izzo is that he's a darn good coach who has brought us to "elite light" level. But he's always been a player or two short to get that second NC, which would put him in truly elite company.

I'm not going to argue with you because you're​ dumb. But if you think MSU basketball is elite lite, you're well, I already said it, dumb. They are consistently one of the best programs in NCAA basketball where it counts. Results. Ask any other coach who had to recruit or play against MSU, ask any media head worth his salt. Ask any high level recruit with a short list.

Just stop.

ask duke or carolina?
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-03-20, 06:04

tanfan! wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Izzo is the best coach in modern day history .. 538 6-times-gerald-broflovski-stole-the-show-on-south-park
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2017-03-20, 12:57

If MSU can land a good grad transfer next year we can be a serious threat.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2017-03-20, 13:02

Can't argue with the numbers. Izzo is the most successful coach in modern tournament history, as long as you don't consider winning the whole thing. Even there, he did win one 17 years ago.

Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2017-03-20, 13:05

The_Dude wrote:If MSU can land a good grad transfer next year we can be a serious threat.

Not sure I'm following. Add a "good" grad transfer, subtract Bridges, throw in a key offseason injury or two...you still got a PG who can't score a bucket to save his life.

I've simply accepted the reality that Izzo will always turn up 1 or 2 players short of a NC type team.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2017-03-20, 13:26

Vlad wrote:Can't argue with the numbers. Izzo is the most successful coach in modern tournament history, as long as you don't consider winning the whole thing. Even there, he did win one 17 years ago.

Coaches still coaching, Izzo is behind K, Roy Williams, and Pitino as far as success in the tourney. All those coaches have multiple titles.

Izzo will remembered as very good, but not at the top tier unless he wins another title.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-03-20, 13:29

Izzo is the best coach in modern day history .. 538 1966794946
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2017-03-20, 13:30

The_Dude wrote:
Vlad wrote:Can't argue with the numbers. Izzo is the most successful coach in modern tournament history, as long as you don't consider winning the whole thing. Even there, he did win one 17 years ago.

Coaches still coaching, Izzo is behind K, Roy Williams, and Pitino as far as success in the tourney.  All those coaches have multiple titles.

Izzo will remembered as very good, but not at the top tier unless he wins another title.

Agreed. "Elite Lite" without the second NC. But elite lite ain't all bad for MSU.

Last edited by Vlad on 2017-03-20, 13:31; edited 1 time in total
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2017-03-20, 13:30

Vlad wrote:
The_Dude wrote:If MSU can land a good grad transfer next year we can be a serious threat.

Not sure I'm following. Add a "good" grad transfer, subtract Bridges, throw in a key offseason injury or two...you still got a PG who can't score a bucket to save his life.

I've simply accepted the reality that Izzo will always turn up 1 or 2 players short of a NC type team.

Well, we make up for the lack of Bridges with the other 3 freshmen being pretty good players next year and a lot more post scoring with JJ and Ward.

But yeah, we are one player short right now for next year. No one to play the 3, really. Goins could if the 3 is a bigger player. Ahrens? McQaid at the 3?

We have immediate playing time and a starting spot for a wing, which makes it even more curious why Izzo hasn't landed one.

MSU seems like a 4 or 5 seed with the potential to be better depending on if the young guards become dynamic.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2017-03-20, 13:32

Vlad wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Coaches still coaching, Izzo is behind K, Roy Williams, and Pitino as far as success in the tourney.  All those coaches have multiple titles.

Agreed. "Elite Lite" without the second NC. But elite lite ain't all bad for MSU.

Same class with Calipari, Self, Bohemim, etc. But it seems very likely Self and Calipari get a second or more titles.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-03-20, 14:07

Izzo is the best coach in modern day history .. 538 1f3a3 Izzo is the best coach in modern day history .. 538 1f3a3 Izzo is the best coach in modern day history .. 538 1f3a3 Izzo is the best coach in modern day history .. 538 1f3a3
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next