Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What would it take for Izzo to be on a "Coach K" level?

+9
SeeRockCity
DWags
tTito
The_Dude
Robert J Sakimano
InTenSity
The Pantry
steveschneider
Marc Summers
13 posters

Go down

What would it take for Izzo to be on a "Coach K" level? Empty What would it take for Izzo to be on a "Coach K" level?

Post by Marc Summers 2015-03-30, 15:07

Obviously they are both great coaches, but Coach K seems to have the edge throughout his tenure in both recruiting and development. What could Izzo do differently to be included in the group of truly elite coaches?
Marc Summers
Marc Summers
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

What would it take for Izzo to be on a "Coach K" level? Empty Re: What would it take for Izzo to be on a "Coach K" level?

Post by steveschneider 2015-03-30, 15:09

Coach K is a loathsome scum sucking pig. Fuck DUKE
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

What would it take for Izzo to be on a "Coach K" level? Empty Re: What would it take for Izzo to be on a "Coach K" level?

Post by The Pantry 2015-03-30, 15:13

What would it take for Izzo to be on a "Coach K" level? Picard10
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-03-30, 15:15

Marc Summers wrote:Obviously they are both great coaches, but Coach K seems to have the edge throughout his tenure in both recruiting and development. What could Izzo do differently to be included in the group of truly elite coaches?

Get parents cushy jobs with boosters and play the dirty recruiting games. Coach K has 9 McD AA's on his team? Izzo has only had about 9 his whole career. If a parent is far away from a needed transplant, that could probably be arranged to boost them up to near the top if they sign with Duke.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-03-30, 15:45

5-6 more FF's and 3 more national championships.. a few Olympic gold medals.. win another 300+ games to surpass Rupp, Smith and Coach K..

oh and cheat.. cheat A LOT.

that should do it.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-03-30, 15:48

Marc Summers wrote:Obviously they are both great coaches, but Coach K seems to have the edge throughout his tenure in both recruiting and development. What could Izzo do differently to be included in the group of truly elite coaches?

I give you 4/5 on the troll scale What would it take for Izzo to be on a "Coach K" level? 3742235224 What would it take for Izzo to be on a "Coach K" level? 3742235224 What would it take for Izzo to be on a "Coach K" level? 3742235224 What would it take for Izzo to be on a "Coach K" level? 3742235224
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Summers 2015-03-30, 16:09

The_Dude wrote:

I give you 4/5 on the troll scale What would it take for Izzo to be on a "Coach K" level? 3742235224 What would it take for Izzo to be on a "Coach K" level? 3742235224 What would it take for Izzo to be on a "Coach K" level? 3742235224 What would it take for Izzo to be on a "Coach K" level? 3742235224

The fact that Izzo has been to 9 Final Fours speaks for itself. However, he has only won one championship. Coach K has 4 championships. They're both great, but cannot be placed in the same league especially with the duration Duke has been successful over.
Marc Summers
Marc Summers
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2015-03-30, 16:10

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/tom-izzo-michigan-state-coaching-final-four/

Tom Izzo +16.2
Mike Kerzewski +6.3

Izzo > Kerzewski

Last edited by tTito on 2015-03-30, 16:12; edited 1 time in total
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-03-30, 16:11

Marc Summers wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

The fact that Izzo has been to 9 Final Fours speaks for itself. However, he has only won one championship. Coach K has 4 championships. They're both great, but cannot be placed in the same league especially with the duration Duke has been successful over.

Izzo has more final fours than all of the UofM coaches combined.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-03-30, 16:15

Summers is arguing a point no one disagrees with. K is either the 1 or 2 coach all time in college hoops. Who the fuck is saying izzo is top 2?

Izzo is the second best coach in the history of the Big Ten and will make a push for #1 when all said and done.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-03-30, 16:18

The_Dude wrote:Summers is arguing a point no one disagrees with. K is either the 1 or 2 coach all time in college hoops. Who the fuck is saying izzo is top 2?

Izzo is the second best coach in the history of the Big Ten and will make a push for #1 when all said and done.

Seeing Izzo unseat that scum sucking pig Bobby Knight would bring a tear of joy to my eye.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2015-03-30, 16:26

steveschneider wrote:
The_Dude wrote:Summers is arguing a point no one disagrees with. K is either the 1 or 2 coach all time in college hoops. Who the fuck is saying izzo is top 2?

Seeing Izzo unseat that scum sucking pig Bobby Knight would bring a tear of joy to my eye.

Why so much hate for Bob Knight? He was brash, but I don't think he ever cheated. One hell of a coach.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-03-30, 16:46

He just needs to be willing to spend money in Chicago like K does. If you don't spend a buck, you don't make a buck. We need a bag man and a long like of untraceable phones. It's simple math. Izzo just refuses.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-03-30, 16:55

tTito wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Why so much hate for Bob Knight? He was brash, but I don't think he ever cheated. One hell of a coach.

The General was an abusive low class son of a bitch. He preached discipline but lacked any himself.

I find it unacceptable to grab students, to choke a player, hit kids on the bench while on camera, throw chairs out on the floor or to wipe your ass and show it to a player (true story google it).

Guy was a raging asshole and a bully. I'm glad IU had the balls to fire that son of a bitch. He deserved it.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2015-03-30, 18:29

steveschneider wrote:
tTito wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

The General was an abusive low class son of a bitch. He preached discipline but lacked any himself.

I find it unacceptable to grab students, to choke a player, hit kids on the bench while on camera, throw chairs out on the floor or to wipe your ass and show it to a player (true story google it).

Guy was a raging asshole and a bully. I'm glad IU had the balls to fire that son of a bitch. He deserved it.

Please stop candy coating it. Say what you really feel.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-03-30, 22:52

Hire Nucky as a PR guy.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-03-31, 07:16

DWags wrote:

He just needs to be willing to spend money in Chicago like K does. If you don't spend a buck, you don't make a buck. We need a bag man and a long like of untraceable phones. It's simple math. Izzo just refuses.
yep.. see post #5..

cheat. And cheat A LOT.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-03-31, 09:15

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

yep.. see post #5..

cheat. And cheat A LOT.

Being from NC, which of the NC schools do you like? One of the guys I golf with was roommates with Williams at UNC, now I don't bring up things like the academic issues they are going through, but he hates Coach K and says he is one of the dirtier coaches in the game. I figured that has a lot to do with being friends with Roy, but he might be a bit more privy to what is going on behind the scenes.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-03-31, 09:21

InTenSity wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:yep.. see post #5..

cheat. And cheat A LOT.

Being from NC, which of the NC schools do you like? One of the guys I golf with was roommates with Williams at UNC, now I don't bring up things like the academic issues they are going through, but he hates Coach K and says he is one of the dirtier coaches in the game. I figured that has a lot to do with being friends with Roy, but he might be a bit more privy to what is going on behind the scenes.
I don't really have much of an opinion.

most folks in North Carolina are Carolina fans, a slightly lesser percentage are NC State fans.. Duke obviously isn't seen as an "in state" school but they have their share of fans. Percentage-wise, there aren't a ton of Duke alumni in the state compared to the other 2 big schools.

granted, I haven't lived there in 25 years but that's more or less an accurate assessment still, I think. Oh, and everyone thinks that everyone else cheats.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-03-31, 09:22

Fuck rat face!
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-03-31, 09:30

What will it take for Schembechler and B_____to reach Dantonio and Izzo level?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2015-03-31, 09:56

kingstonlake wrote:What will it take for Schembechler and B_____to reach Dantonio and Izzo level?
You must mean Zombie Bo, that would be a scary thing and IMO very difficult for Zombie Bo to recruit.

I think you meant for Jimmah, first I'd say Jimmah has to actually win something in the B1G, and Beeeeeeline might want to start a streak of tournament appearances.

And Fuck Duke, fuck cheaters, and while we are at it fuck DickyV
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-03-31, 09:58

Wally Fairway wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:What will it take for Schembechler and B_____to reach Dantonio and Izzo level?
You must mean Zombie Bo, that would be a scary thing and IMO very difficult for Zombie Bo to recruit.

I think you meant for Jimmah, first I'd say Jimmah has to actually win something in the B1G, and Beeeeeeline might want to start a streak of tournament appearances.

yep.. they all cheat.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-03-31, 10:16

Wally Fairway wrote:

Fuck it dude, let's go bowling.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-03-31, 12:43

Wally Fairway wrote:

No, I meant Bo. What Dantonio has accomplished in a much more competitive era if college football at a minimum, is equal to that overrated turd.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-03-31, 12:46

kingstonlake wrote:
Wally Fairway wrote:

No, I meant Bo. What Dantonio has accomplished in a much more competitive era if college football at a minimum, is equal to that overrated turd.

If Dantonio wins another outright B1G title and another major bowl game or two I might agree.

Its funny UM fans rip Izzo for getting to Final Fours but not winning more than one natty while they idolize a coach who never won a natty and got worked in the post season on a regular basis.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-03-31, 13:06

The_Dude wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

If Dantonio wins another outright B1G title and another major bowl game or two I might agree.

Its funny UM fans rip Izzo for getting to Final Fours but not winning more than one natty while they idolize a coach who never won a natty and got worked in the post season on a regular basis.

More true words have never been spoken.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down