Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you planning on going to the Spring Game?

+19
CheesySpartan
Triple Sparty
NigelUno
Vlad
The_Dude
Blanch32
Wally Fairway
Travis of the Cosmos
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
Death Roe
InTenSity
CaptainSlow33
Stoops21
Robert J Sakimano
tanfan!
Herbie Green
duffy munn
WhiteBoyHatcher
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Are you planning on going to the Spring Game?  Empty Are you planning on going to the Spring Game?

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-03-27, 23:40

There is a shit ton of hand wringing amongst some drama queens in our fanbase it seems. So I ask, are you planning on going, and if you are saying no, and it's something you might normally do, please state why not.

Me: I am 85% planning on going because it's a fun day on campus with my son.

If I do not go it would be because the weather will be shitty. Still waiting on forecast as we get closer. Right now I'm hearing 50's, which is totally tolerable.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Are you planning on going to the Spring Game?  Empty Re: Are you planning on going to the Spring Game?

Post by duffy munn 2017-03-27, 23:45

Yes
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Are you planning on going to the Spring Game?  Empty Re: Are you planning on going to the Spring Game?

Post by Herbie Green 2017-03-27, 23:47

No, Spring break vacation
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-03-27, 23:56

I will stay that the problems in the football program probably are adding about 10% to my uncertainty. The game last year was April 22nd. April 1st makes the weather a bit dicier. I know they moved everything up this year due to the issues.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2017-03-28, 00:13

duffy munn wrote:Yes

No life.

#shill
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-03-28, 00:17

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I will stay that the problems in the football program probably are adding about 10% to my uncertainty. The game last year was April 22nd. April 1st makes the weather a bit dicier. I know they moved everything up this year due to the issues.

Why would they move the game up due to issues?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-03-28, 07:35

I don't think I'll be able to make it this year..

last year, as I recall, I earned my Senior Staff Writer/Sideline Reporter credentials by posting live from a couple of EL bars then walking over to the game. My wife was out of town at a conference and my daughter was busy with something.. so I figured I'd walk downtown and see what was going on, logged into tSwill and the rest is in nicely tucked away and documented for the sake of posterity in the compendium of modern message board history.

This year, we have family coming into town.. so I'll be preoccupied with that. Doubtful that I'll be able to document my Saturday with the same journalistic prowess I did last year.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoops21 2017-03-28, 07:39

Not this year. I have gone the previous 7 years because it was at the end of April near my dad's birthday. Being on April 1 doesn't appease to me and I don't feel like making two trips to EL in one month.
Stoops21
Stoops21
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-03-28, 07:41

Stoops21 wrote:Not this year. I have gone the previous 7 years because it was at the end of April near my dad's birthday. Being on April 1 doesn't appease to me and I don't feel like making two trips to EL in one month.
gotta admit, it would be kinda funny if a gaggle of MSU fans showed up and Hollis was standing at the main entrance of Spartan Stadium gleefully shouting "April Fools"!!!

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 2017-03-28, 08:03

No. Weather could be gross and I honestly just don't enjoy spring games. I hope everyone that makes the trip has a great time, though.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-03-28, 08:09

CaptainSlow33 wrote:No. Weather could be gross and I honestly just don't enjoy spring games. I hope everyone that makes the trip has a great time, though.
still 4-5 days out but the weather is looking pretty good (for the first day of April in Michigan).

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 2017-03-28, 08:12

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
CaptainSlow33 wrote:No. Weather could be gross and I honestly just don't enjoy spring games. I hope everyone that makes the trip has a great time, though.
still 4-5 days out but the weather is looking pretty good (for the first day of April in Michigan).

I'm glad everyone will have decent weather, then. With as crappy as this year has been for MSU, anyone who makes the trip deserves to have a nice day.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-03-28, 08:17

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Stoops21 wrote:Not this year. I have gone the previous 7 years because it was at the end of April near my dad's birthday. Being on April 1 doesn't appease to me and I don't feel like making two trips to EL in one month.
gotta admit, it would be kinda funny if a gaggle of MSU fans showed up and Hollis was standing at the main entrance of Spartan Stadium gleefully shouting "April Fools"!!!

Are you planning on going to the Spring Game?  502811600
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-03-28, 08:20

tanfan! wrote:
duffy munn wrote:Yes

No life.

#shill

I think you're the one that acts like a child. You have been for 20 years.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-03-28, 08:47

If it doesn't rain, yeah. An excuse to hang out with some friends. Their kids are finally old enough to bring to a game. Should be fun.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-28, 08:50

Pass A Grille Florida for ten days starting Friday. Screw the football. Even my daughter got permission not to be there. We out.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-03-28, 09:03

Nah, never been to one.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2017-03-28, 09:39

Herbie Green wrote:No, Spring break vacation

Bingo, I'm out for this very reason - the conspiracy theorist in my says they choose that day specifically because damned near every school district in Michigan starts break this week.
I went for a few years when my oldest son was interested in the youth activities, and then he'd want to go in the stands and have a Stadium lunch of a Coke, dog, nachos and a ice cream Sammy. Big shout out to Pete Clifford as my son was assigned to his group back in the day, and Pete was just great with the kids.

Here is your link for information on this years youth clinic
http://www.msuspartans.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/032317aaa.html
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-03-28, 09:45

nope. simply not worth it on many levels. Fwiw, if hollis wants a another pet project instead of his job, here's where to start
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2017-03-28, 11:51

DWags wrote:Pass A Grille Florida for ten days starting Friday. Screw the football. Even my daughter got permission not to be there. We out.

10 days laying drunk on the beach?

St Pete is pretty sweet though
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2017-03-28, 11:59

We have a spring game? I thought the entire team is suspended?
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2017-03-28, 12:54

Death Roe wrote:
tanfan! wrote:

No life.

#shill

I think you're the one that acts like a child. You have been for 20 years.

I struck a nerve with the hypersenstive sissy.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-03-28, 13:09

Not going.

Too cold.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Triple Sparty 2017-03-28, 13:22

No. Thought about going to my first one this year but too early.
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-03-28, 13:54

Not gonna make it. Just not worth it. I don't have the time or money to make it. Kinda busy this weekend.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2017-03-28, 15:15

InTenSity wrote:Not gonna make it. Just not worth it. I don't have the time or money to make it. Kinda busy this weekend.

InTenSity doing his best Bob Sak impression....Are you planning on going to the Spring Game?  328670334

Last edited by CheesySpartan on 2017-03-28, 15:47; edited 1 time in total
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2017-03-28, 15:27

InTenSity wrote:Not gonna make it. Just not worth it. I don't have the time or money to make it. Kinda busy this weekend.

Dantonio said there are more than three players suspended. So, that tells you how much of a cluster fuck things have turned into
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2017-03-28, 15:33

tanfan! wrote:

Dantonio said there are more than three players suspended. So, that tells you how much of a cluster fuck things have turned into

That's what happens when you promote your buddies and lose focus.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-03-28, 15:40

I'll be in Michigan over Memorial day weekend. I don't think there will be any practices then.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-03-28, 15:51

InTenSity wrote:I'll be in Michigan over Memorial day weekend. I don't think there will be any practices then.
leave all that heat down there with you.. please.

thanks.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2017-03-28, 16:10

The_Dude wrote:
tanfan! wrote:

That's what happens when you promote your buddies and lose focus.

Sounds like you think this whole mess is on Dantonio, Warner and Barnett. Personally, I blame the black guy with glasses.

To quote your buddy blunch: you simpleton.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2017-03-28, 17:44

Triple Sparty wrote:No. Thought about going to my first one this year but too early.

Is that your real reason for not going, that it's too early? Really, be honest.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2017-03-28, 17:46

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

How's the team looking?
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-03-28, 19:26

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Nah, never been to one.

You are a sucky fan, a sucky, sucky fan.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2017-03-28, 19:35

Vlad wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:still 4-5 days out but the weather is looking pretty good (for the first day of April in Michigan).

How's the team looking?

Body language is bad.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-03-28, 20:10

Couch weighs in

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/sports/columnists/graham-couch/2017/03/28/msu-dantonio-spring-sexual-assault-column/99732374/
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2017-03-28, 20:34

I'd really love to show my support, but unfortunately I'll be stuck a boat floating around the Virgin Islands, I fear I'll have no other recourse but to drink heavily.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-03-28, 20:40

tGreenWay wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Nah, never been to one.

I'm comfortable with that. The whole expectation that true fans should go to a scrimmage/practice 5 months before the season starts is sort of weird if you think about it. But that's okay.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2017-03-28, 20:43

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I'm comfortable with that. The whole expectation that true fans should go to a scrimmage/practice 5 months before the season starts is sort of weird if you think about it. But that's okay.
I bet you'll just be spending that time watching Dark Knight Rises again instead of supporting your team.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-03-28, 20:47

I.B. Fine wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

I bet you'll just be spending that time watching Dark Knight Rises again instead of supporting your team.

Id sooner spend the whole time punching myself in the dick.

Seriously though why am I expected to support my team in such a manner? I go to all the games. Have season tickets. Why is a random Saturday in April an expectation? It's kinda silly really.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next