Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you planning on going to the Spring Game?

+19
CheesySpartan
Triple Sparty
NigelUno
Vlad
The_Dude
Blanch32
Wally Fairway
Travis of the Cosmos
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
Death Roe
InTenSity
CaptainSlow33
Stoops21
Robert J Sakimano
tanfan!
Herbie Green
duffy munn
WhiteBoyHatcher
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Are you planning on going to the Spring Game?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Are you planning on going to the Spring Game?

Post by I.B. Fine Tue 28 Mar 2017 - 21:02

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Id sooner spend the whole time punching myself in the dick.

Sooo, just another Saturday?
Wink
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Are you planning on going to the Spring Game?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Are you planning on going to the Spring Game?

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue 28 Mar 2017 - 21:24

Who said it was an expectation? I don't think anyone is implying that.

I was personally curious to see if people who normally go are not going this year because of the lack of "access".

I don't go because I'm a loyal fan, I got because it's a fun thing to take my kid to. Fun day on campus. Probably won't stay very long.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue 28 Mar 2017 - 21:43

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Who said it was an expectation? I don't think anyone is implying that.

I was personally curious to see if people who normally go are not going this year because of the lack of "access".

I don't go because I'm a loyal fan, I got because it's a fun thing to take my kid to. Fun day on campus. Probably won't stay very long.

I feel like a lot of people on message boards (generally super fan types so I guess that's the problem) kinda lay down a "if you're not dead you're expected to be there as if it's a regular game" kinda expectation.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue 28 Mar 2017 - 21:47

Also the best part about it is it's free. Well other than the Dove bars.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue 28 Mar 2017 - 22:10

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Also the best part about it is it's free. Well other than the Dove bars.

delicious ice cream snacks ain't free.

Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartans4Life Tue 28 Mar 2017 - 22:14

I wish I could. My son has enjoyed the youth clinic in the morning but it's Spring break. We're flying to the Caribbean.
Spartans4Life
Spartans4Life
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Tue 28 Mar 2017 - 22:31

Spartans4Life wrote:I wish I could. My son has enjoyed the youth clinic in the morning but it's Spring break. We're flying to the Caribbean.
Where you going? I'll be in the BVIs, maybe we can get together to think about what we're missing over a couple of Dark & Stormies
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Mar 2017 - 22:45

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Who said it was an expectation? I don't think anyone is implying that.

Travis can't relate, needs to participate in a sexual act other than dick punching to procreate.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue 28 Mar 2017 - 22:58

LooseGoose wrote:

Travis can't relate, needs to participate in a sexual act other than dick punching to procreate.

Shut up goose. I don't think I'd take kids to it either.

Big big hype around spring games is sort of a new thing right? I don't think this was a thing people did when I was growing up. Maybe it was. But I don't think it was.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue 28 Mar 2017 - 23:19

Travis seriously where are you getting this stuff? tCock? Friends? Big hype? Poor fan if you don't go?

It's actually the perfect venue to take a kid to. Way better than an actual game. Until they probably hit 8-9+ they don't give a rip who wins anyway. Get to take them to the Stadium. no pressure to get there on time or stay late due to paying exorbitant prices for tickets. Eat a fun lunch in EL, stroll over, fuck around in the gardens or at the river. Watch a bit of football. Sparty wanders around. Hear the band, see (the new and improved) Zeke. Kids climb the steps to the top and down for a bit or go down to the rail and no one gives a shit. Get some snacks. No lines for bathrooms. No lines for popcorn. It's great.

WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue 28 Mar 2017 - 23:24

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Travis seriously where are you getting this stuff? tCock? Friends? Big hype? Poor fan if you don't go?

It's actually the perfect venue to take a kid to. Way better than an actual game. Until they probably hit 8-9+ they don't give a rip who wins anyway. Get to take them to the Stadium. no pressure to get there on time or stay late due to paying exorbitant prices for tickets. Eat a fun lunch in EL, stroll over, fuck around in the gardens or at the river. Watch a bit of football. Sparty wanders around. Hear the band, see (the new and improved) Zeke. Kids climb the steps to the top and down for a bit or go down to the rail and no one gives a shit. Get some snacks. No lines for bathrooms. No lines for popcorn. It's great.

I'll let you know when I have kids if my mind is changed. But to me the spring game is, and always has been, such a non event. I can say that I feel a little justified that my 10 and 7 year old nephews who live 10 minutes away won't be there... so it's not totally ludicrous I guess.

I don't know. Whatever. I hope everyone that does go has a great time. I guess I'm thinking back to a year or two ago when the coach was asking people to show up so they could have certain crowd sizes and I was like why the hell would I want to do that.

Edit- note that those nephews were at midnight madness this year. Maybe they're the weirdos. But I think that a practice that isn't even immediately before the season but 5 months before is the weird thing.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue 28 Mar 2017 - 23:30

Yeah, probably different if you live that close, too. Easier access. I take every chance I can to get my kids on campus for something they would enjoy. If I were that close I'm sure it wouldn't be as special.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Wed 29 Mar 2017 - 0:16

I normally go for most of the reasons WBH mentioned + to grab some beers with buddies. Unfortunately this year I will be on a plane heading south for spring break, otherwise I would.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 29 Mar 2017 - 0:27

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

You are a sucky fan, a sucky, sucky fan.

I'm comfortable with that. The whole expectation that true fans should go to a scrimmage/practice 5 months before the season starts is sort of weird if you think about it. But that's okay.

Well, you're weird.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 29 Mar 2017 - 6:51

Nordic wrote:I normally go for most of the reasons WBH mentioned + to grab some beers with buddies. Unfortunately this year I will be on a plane heading south for spring break, otherwise I would.

Yankees vs. Braves on Friday night at the new ballpark.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Wed 29 Mar 2017 - 8:21

Travis, what's wrong, pal?

Wanna talk about it?
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 29 Mar 2017 - 8:24

last year I was struck by a fully grown man wearing a camera on his head at the spring game.

seemed a little strange.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Wed 29 Mar 2017 - 8:27

Robert J Sakimano wrote:last year I was struck by a fully grown man wearing a camera on his head at the spring game.

seemed a little strange.

Especially since it was at the pee troughs, right?
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 29 Mar 2017 - 8:33

Death Roe wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:last year I was struck by a fully grown man wearing a camera on his head at the spring game.

seemed a little strange.

Are you planning on going to the Spring Game?  - Page 2 502811600

I just saw him walking around outside on the concourse.. I didn't think about him taking his little head camera into the bathrooms but it's entirely possible. Neutral
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed 29 Mar 2017 - 9:03

seemed a little strange.

Where did he strike you
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 29 Mar 2017 - 9:06

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

seemed a little strange.

Where did he strike you

I deserve that.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 29 Mar 2017 - 9:14

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Death Roe wrote:

I just saw him walking around outside on the concourse.. I didn't think about him taking his little head camera into the bathrooms but it's entirely possible. Neutral

Was he riding a bike too?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 29 Mar 2017 - 9:25

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: Are you planning on going to the Spring Game?  - Page 2 502811600

Was he riding a bike too?
no - wasn't that freak Sheldon.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway Wed 29 Mar 2017 - 9:40

I'm with WBH on this, my son used to love it the 2 or 3 years that we went when he was playing youth football. It really is a kid thing, this was during the JLS era, and it was held at the practice facility, inside and outside, having players and assistant coaches getting the kids to run some "drills". Some of the players were not that into it and just standing around, but a few seemed to really like it and had fun with the kids.
Yes there was free ice cream (for the kids), and an autograph session where then gave the kids those big game schedules and had players at tables inside the Duffy.

Now about that dude with the camera - my Green & White game interaction was with John Sheldon, so it was a warm day and my son and I wanted to have seat backs so the best we could do was sit at the top row on the home sideline where there is a wall at the top of the aisle (IDK maybe like row 30 or 40 or something). Anyway we are sitting in the seats at the top of the aisle with our backs on the wall, and this douche comes marching up the steps, right at us, kind of bumps into us and touches the wall behind us then turns around to walk down the steps.
Dude was really weird, then I notice the camcorder in his hand and I realize he is walking up and down every aisle and it strikes me that it was Johnny Spirit but without the costume. I'm pretty sure he was OCD and had to walk his route in the stadium even for the practice.
I'm not a fan of him (think he is kind of a douche) - but I cut him some slack once I realized dude just isn't right.
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed 29 Mar 2017 - 9:53

Wally Fairway wrote:I'm with WBH on this, my son used to love it the 2 or 3 years that we went when he was playing youth football. It really is a kid thing, this was during the JLS era, and it was held at the practice facility, inside and outside,  having players and assistant coaches getting the kids to run some "drills". Some of the players were not that into it and just standing around, but a few seemed to really like it and had fun with the kids.
Yes there was free ice cream (for the kids), and an autograph session where then gave the kids those big game schedules and had players at tables inside the Duffy.

Now about that dude with the camera - my Green & White game interaction was with John Sheldon, so it was a warm day and my son and I wanted to have seat backs so the best we could do was sit at the top row on the home sideline where there is a wall at the top of the aisle (IDK maybe like row 30 or 40 or something). Anyway we are sitting in the seats at the top of the aisle with our backs on the wall, and this douche comes marching up the steps, right at us, kind of bumps into us and touches the wall behind us then turns around to walk down the steps.
Dude was really weird, then I notice the camcorder in his hand and I realize he is walking up and down every aisle and it strikes me that it was Johnny Spirit but without the costume. I'm pretty sure he was OCD and had to walk his route in the stadium even for the practice.
I'm not a fan of him (think he is kind of a douche) - but I cut him some slack once I realized dude just isn't right.

I saw him once at Beggars. He was decked out in his full gameday gear. There wasn't a game that day. He stood behind the seats at the bar, not talking to anyone. No one interacted with him either. That guy is a fucking weirdo.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 29 Mar 2017 - 9:57

Wally Fairway wrote:I'm with WBH on this, my son used to love it the 2 or 3 years that we went when he was playing youth football. It really is a kid thing, this was during the JLS era, and it was held at the practice facility, inside and outside, having players and assistant coaches getting the kids to run some "drills". Some of the players were not that into it and just standing around, but a few seemed to really like it and had fun with the kids.

to be clear, the guy I saw saw with the head-cam wasn't Sheldon.. it was some other guy who likely has similar issues.

but, yeah, I would trust Sheldon to cat sit. He's a weirdo.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2