Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fill out my golf weekend

+2
Watch Out Pylon!
Wally Fairway
6 posters

Go down

Fill out my golf weekend Empty Fill out my golf weekend

Post by Wally Fairway 4/11/2017, 1:30 pm

I have a golf weekend coming up in June and I'm supposed to get tee times. We are playing 3 or 4 days, I already have tee times at Arcadia Bluffs and Forest Dunes, what says tSwill for rounding out the weekend?
Caveat - we will be staying south of Grayling, and we are trying to limit commute time to around an hour (obv worth bending that rule for Arcadia).

Suggestions that I've had from others:
Black Forest
The Nightmare and/or The Dream
Quest
TreeTops
Hawk's Eye
Bucks Run or Boyne (because they have these - I wonder if there is a cup, can or cooler holder)

Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Fill out my golf weekend Empty Re: Fill out my golf weekend

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 4/11/2017, 1:42 pm

If Bob were around he would have some good opinions. I unfortunately have never golfed Up North.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 4/11/2017, 1:56 pm

Masterpiece at Tree Tops.
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 4/11/2017, 1:57 pm

I'd recommend Sundance instead of Hawkseye. Hawkseye is probably one of the more difficult courses, has some fun holes, but very hilly. I tried the tips once for shits and giggles, that was a mistake. I usually play Legend and Cedar River. I like them both. That's it I haven't played any of the others, that I remember anyway.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 4/11/2017, 2:28 pm

Any recommendations for the Indianapolis area? Relatively fair priced, on the cheaper side. I'm sure I'm going to the wrong place since most of the golfers on here are ballers.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/11/2017, 2:30 pm

Wally Fairway wrote:I have a golf weekend coming up in June and I'm supposed to get tee times. We are playing 3 or 4 days, I already have tee times at Arcadia Bluffs and Forest Dunes, what says tSwill for rounding out the weekend?
Caveat - we will be staying south of Grayling, and we are trying to limit commute time to around an hour (obv worth bending that rule for Arcadia).

Suggestions that I've had from others:
Black Forest
The Nightmare and/or The Dream
Quest
TreeTops
Hawk's Eye
Bucks Run or Boyne (because they have these - I wonder if there is a cup, can or cooler holder)

How far south of Grayling?   My son lives down there so I can send you over some baked treats....

Deleted

Jeezus I'm blind at times.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 4/11/2017, 3:19 pm

Death Roe wrote:Any recommendations for the Indianapolis area? Relatively fair priced, on the cheaper side. I'm sure I'm going to the wrong place since most of the golfers on here are ballers.
What's your budget?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 4/11/2017, 3:21 pm

I don't think anyone in the bachelor party would want to spend more than $40...
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 4/11/2017, 3:28 pm

Death Roe wrote:I don't think anyone in the bachelor party would want to spend more than $40...
Is this just something that you guys want to do during the day? Are you downtown, or in a suburb? Sorry, not trying to find out exactly where you're staying, but Indy can be kinda big, if I can find a recommendation somewhat close to where you are.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 4/11/2017, 3:30 pm

Death Roe wrote:Any recommendations for the Indianapolis area? Relatively fair priced, on the cheaper side. I'm sure I'm going to the wrong place since most of the golfers on here are ballers.

Golf Club of Indiana was my go to course when I lived down there. Not too tough, and reasonably priced from what I remember.

Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 4/11/2017, 3:32 pm

InTenSity wrote:
Death Roe wrote:I don't think anyone in the bachelor party would want to spend more than $40...
Is this just something that you guys want to do during the day? Are you downtown, or in a suburb? Sorry, not trying to find out exactly where you're staying, but Indy can be kinda big, if I can find a recommendation somewhat close to where you are.

You can find out whatever you want to, daddy. (joking)

We're staying around Fountain Square, close to downtown. We're willing to drive, I mean everything is within 20 miles.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 4/11/2017, 3:40 pm

Death Roe wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

You can find out whatever you want to, daddy. (joking)

We're staying around Fountain Square, close to downtown. We're willing to drive, I mean everything is within 20 miles.

Purgatory Golf Club has a 700 yard par 5 if you have a lot of long drivers that want to flex their muscle. This is north of Noblesville though.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 4/11/2017, 3:41 pm

Its been forever since I've played there, most the courses were west of Indy, in Plainfield and Danville. I think. I'll try to get you some recommendations. On Friday afternoons I know we'd play buffer park. Its just a 9 hole course though, but it was kinda fun and relaxing.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 4/11/2017, 3:42 pm

Purgatory Golf Club has a 700 yard par 5 if you have a lot of long drivers that want to flex their muscle. This is north of Noblesville though.
Is that the one with 7 tee boxes that represent the 7 levels of hell? I had heard about it, but never played it.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 4/11/2017, 3:44 pm

InTenSity wrote:
Is that the one with 7 tee boxes that represent the 7 levels of hell? I had heard about it, but never played it.

Yeah, something like that. Each hole is named something based on hell if I remember right. It's a fucking tough course if you play from the longer tees.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 4/11/2017, 3:48 pm

InTenSity wrote:Its been forever since I've played there, most the courses were west of Indy, in Plainfield and Danville. I think. I'll try to get you some recommendations. On Friday afternoons I know we'd play buffer park. Its just a 9 hole course though, but it was kinda fun and relaxing.

Found Pleasant View and another one that are within the price range. GolfNow doesn't really offer any good options right now since I'm still 1.5 weeks out from going.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 4/11/2017, 3:50 pm

Death Roe wrote:
InTenSity wrote:Its been forever since I've played there, most the courses were west of Indy, in Plainfield and Danville. I think. I'll try to get you some recommendations. On Friday afternoons I know we'd play buffer park. Its just a 9 hole course though, but it was kinda fun and relaxing.

Found Pleasant View and another one that are within the price range. GolfNow doesn't really offer any good options right now since I'm still 1.5 weeks out from going.

Yeah sorry, I never went into the city to golf. I lived in Noblesville and worked in Lebanon, so we would hit up courses on the north side of Indy for the most part.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Docpjk 4/12/2017, 1:12 am

Wally Fairway wrote:I have a golf weekend coming up in June and I'm supposed to get tee times. We are playing 3 or 4 days, I already have tee times at Arcadia Bluffs and Forest Dunes, what says tSwill for rounding
out the weekend?

It's a long shot but when we did this trip we won a foursome at crystal downs at the spring Oakland hills charity auction for Evans scholars. Made for a nice trip
Docpjk
Docpjk
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down