Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's be real about coach Dantonio

+18
Rocinante
Death Roe
The Pantry
General Grant
GRR Spartan
Vlad
duffy munn
InTenSity
Watch Out Pylon!
tGreenWay
DWags
Motown Spartan
MiamiSpartan
Blanch32
Dendrobates
Clarett's Folly
WhiteBoyHatcher
The_Dude
22 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Let's be real about coach Dantonio - Page 2 Empty Re: Let's be real about coach Dantonio

Post by Cameron 2017-04-13, 23:05

Let's be real about Coach Dantonio: it's been a rough 12 months or so, both on and off the field, for the football program, but Coach D is still the best thing to happen to our football team in several decades. The sexual assault shit needs to end and he bears some responsibility for either recruiting guys of questionable character or not properly emphasizing the importance of staying out of trouble, but that stuff is separate from the on-field results. In terms of win-loss record, he has earned a ton of leeway and I am not overly concerned. The off-field stuff is troubling, and coach D's seat should get hot if the hits keep coming.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Let's be real about coach Dantonio - Page 2 Empty Re: Let's be real about coach Dantonio

Post by The Pantry 2017-04-13, 23:33

Vlad wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Dude-vlag or D-vlag?  Let's be real about coach Dantonio - Page 2 2599972566

Childish, but keep trying. I'm sure you'll come up with something. DR tried the "vag" thing but in the end just ended up putting me on ignore (and is doing a pretty shitty job at that).
"Vlag" is more accurate.   Too bad you and The_Deuce can't play here nice,  like y2kMgrad.

btw...post a pic from your next trip on a corporate jet holding a sign saying "suck it Swill".  Until then, you're completely full of shit.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2017-04-14, 08:25

Blanch32 wrote:
DWags wrote:

Can you imagine these guys down by 13 at half in a locker room? Jesus.

blowars would say "at least w3 aren't down 30, for its the best we can ask for"

I don't even think the blowars would take the time to formulate their own thoughts about being down by 13. More likely that they would be preoccupied with what we would say. (see above)

Last edited by Vlad on 2017-04-14, 08:28; edited 1 time in total
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2017-04-14, 08:26

Cameron wrote:Let's be real about Coach Dantonio: it's been a rough 12 months or so, both on and off the field, for the football program, but Coach D is still the best thing to happen to our football team in several decades. The sexual assault shit needs to end and he bears some responsibility for either recruiting guys of questionable character or not properly emphasizing the importance of staying out of trouble, but that stuff is separate from the on-field results. In terms of win-loss record, he has earned a ton of leeway and I am not overly concerned. The off-field stuff is troubling, and coach D's seat should get hot if the hits keep coming.

Good post but you should be concerned about Ws and Ls. Coach D got lucky with a no name in Cook being a star and a zero star OL being a stud LT for 3 years. Plus we had Duzzi. Those covered up the warts of the coaching staff especially Cook constantly bailing the team out.

Now they are gone and the coaches don't have much of an answer. Literally half his staff needs to be fired. They are just guys who show up to collect a paycheck and that doesn't work anymore in today's cfb environment.

Mind boggling there can such a complete meltdown in every facet of the program and no one gets canned.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-04-14, 08:29

Vlad wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

I believe in and have faith in Mark Dantonio. You and the OP apparently do not.

This and both of you jackasses get off on all things bad for MSU.

I'm unhappy about the current state of MSU football. You and tDude seem to be enjoying it.

In short, both of you are assholes.

As an MSU alum and a 30 year follower of the football program, I am definitely NOT enjoying this. Embarrassed, shocked, disappointed...all of the above.

Any other theories you want to float and see if they stick?

Can I have a copy of your message board resume, and a list of three references please.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2017-04-14, 08:31

Cameron wrote:Let's be real about Coach Dantonio: it's been a rough 12 months or so, both on and off the field, for the football program, but Coach D is still the best thing to happen to our football team in several decades. The sexual assault shit needs to end and he bears some responsibility for either recruiting guys of questionable character or not properly emphasizing the importance of staying out of trouble, but that stuff is separate from the on-field results. In terms of win-loss record, he has earned a ton of leeway and I am not overly concerned. The off-field stuff is troubling, and coach D's seat should get hot if the hits keep coming.

Agree 100%! As far as I'm concerned, he could survive another two losing seasons. The problem is all this off the field shit. We hold every other head coach accountable for how he runs his program. Should be no different with MD.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-04-14, 09:25

I won't get caught up in the back and forth with the three trolls in this thread, but some perspective for those who choose to try to have a conversation with them:

1. 3-9 sucked. We have to come back with 8 or9 this year or there will be zero momentum and traction. It will be very difficult to catch up. I don't think anyone disagrees with that. If Dantonio comes back after a 6-6 season, it would take quite a lot to ever get the program back as it was the previous five years.

2. Off field stuff sucks. For every hard ass kid he recruits and "gives a chance" and they fuck up, there are two or three whose life he completely changes and sets them right. We don't hear about them always but they're there and Dantonio is as good as anyone in doing it.

3. When kids fuck up you can blame Dantonio for their fuck up for trying to help them, that's fine, but I think it's better to judge Dantonio in his actions towards the kids after they fuck up. Is what he's doing the best for victims, the kids, the kids family , the program and the university.

How has he handled these four that has either pleased you or pissed you off?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-04-14, 09:39

His hands are tied. I'm fine with how he's handling it. There are other schools who would cover things up and never even suspend kids. There are other schools that might pressure victims to not speak up, or take a buy out. MSU is being as up front, IMO as they can be, and they are getting raked against the coals for doing so.
Dantonio can't do anything right now. If he kicks them off the team, and no charges are ever pressed and they are innocent, he potentially wrecks some lives. He is following the same procedure he always had, and that is to let the court decide before he does. If they are guilty, I don't expect them to be back on the team. There is no way he can babysit 100+ testosterone filled athletes 100% of the time.
Living outside of MI, it must just be different, because you don't hear any of this stuff going on.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by BleacherSwill 2017-04-14, 10:10

When the Dude gets real about the "Dude" I might consider taking him seriously about something. Till then - no.
BleacherSwill
BleacherSwill
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-04-14, 10:44

The_Dude wrote:

Good post but you should be concerned about Ws and Ls. Coach D got lucky with a no name in Cook being a star and a zero star OL being a stud LT for 3 years. Plus we had Duzzi. Those covered up the warts of the coaching staff especially Cook constantly bailing the team out.

Now they are gone and the coaches don't have much of an answer. Literally half his staff needs to be fired. They are just guys who show up to collect a paycheck and that doesn't work anymore in today's cfb environment.

Mind boggling there can such a complete meltdown in every facet of the program and no one gets canned.
I guess you must have been asleep during the back to back 11 win seasons before Cook ever took a snap at MSU. Doesn't fit Valenti's--I mean "your" narrative, though.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-04-14, 10:48

InTenSity wrote:Wait. Some of the best news MSU has had in a while and people want to talk about football coaches? Lmao
It's really not even remotely a coincidence that The_Dumbass started this thread literally 14 minutes before a guaranteed NBA lottery pick was scheduled to announce that he's coming back to MSU because he fucking loves it at MSU, the college experience, and Coach Izzo.

Instead it says all that you need to know about him.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-04-14, 10:54

MiamiSpartan wrote:
InTenSity wrote:Wait. Some of the best news MSU has had in a while and people want to talk about football coaches? Lmao
It's really not even remotely a coincidence that The_Dumbass started this thread literally 14 minutes before a guaranteed NBA lottery pick was scheduled to announce that he's coming back to MSU because he fucking loves it at MSU, the college experience, and Coach Izzo.

Instead it says all that you need to know about him.

He's also quoted Valenti multiple times. He clearly thinks Mike's word is THE word and is truth.

I don't understand how people take his threads seriously. He's a joke.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2017-04-14, 12:15

DWags wrote:I won't get caught up in the back and forth with the three trolls in this thread, but some perspective for those who choose to try to have a conversation with them:

1. 3-9 sucked. We have to come back with 8 or9 this year or there will be zero momentum and traction. It will be very difficult to catch up. I don't think anyone disagrees with that. If Dantonio comes back after a 6-6 season, it would take quite a lot to ever get the program back as it was the previous five years.

2. Off field stuff sucks. For every hard ass kid he recruits and "gives a chance" and they fuck up, there are two or three whose life he completely changes and sets them right. We don't hear about them always but they're there and Dantonio is as good as anyone in doing it.

3. When kids fuck up you can blame Dantonio for their fuck up for trying to help them, that's fine, but I think it's better to judge Dantonio in his actions towards the kids after they fuck up. Is what he's doing the best for victims, the kids, the kids family , the program and the university.

Sorry, how MD responds after the fact is really just making the best of a shitty situation. But the fact that all this shit happened on HIS watch, with players HE recruited, he has to be held accountable for that.

He's not gonna get any points for responding to the mess that's still unfolding on his watch, because that's the minimum he is expected to do anyway. This is his fuckup, and there are multiple fuckups, not just one.

At least that's the standard we apply to other coaches. I figure we might as well apply it here too.

Depending on how this unfolds, and given his age and heart health, I would not be surprised if this is the end for him. Would be very sad, but it's possible.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-04-14, 13:57

It's not getting knocked down that matters. You just have to damn the torpedos the idiots, the naysayers and the trolls and do your thing.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-04-14, 15:26

Shit birds are gonna be shit birds

Let's be real about coach Dantonio - Page 2 Bird-shit-luck
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-04-14, 15:34

Vlad wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

I don't even think the blowars would take the time to formulate their own thoughts about being down by 13. More likely that they would be preoccupied with what we would say. (see above)

I had been noticing this a lot lately. Any MSU news that comes out, could be good or bad, and one of the first posts will not be about the topic but instead "I wonder what VLad, dude, mgoblog are saying". Or they will even just make up a story about posters being on a football team or something.

It is this constant fragile insecurity on display. I have to admit it is enjoyable to observe and even occassionally needle.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-04-14, 15:39

Herbie Green wrote:
Vlad wrote:

I had been noticing this a lot lately. Any MSU news that comes out, could be good or bad, and one of the first posts will not be about the topic but instead "I wonder what VLad, dude, mgoblog are saying". Or they will even just make up a story about posters being on a football team or something.

It is this constant fragile insecurity on display. I have to admit it is enjoyable to observe and even occassionally needle.

Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-04-14, 15:41

Thanks for quoting the post, Pylon. I can see that Herbie admits he's a troll.

Nothing new there...
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-04-14, 16:10

Death Roe wrote:Thanks for quoting the post, Pylon. I can see that Herbie admits he's a troll.

Nothing new there...

Let's be real about coach Dantonio - Page 2 91984
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-04-14, 16:32

Vlad wrote:
DWags wrote:I won't get caught up in the back and forth with the three trolls in this thread, but some perspective for those who choose to try to have a conversation with them:

Sorry, how MD responds after the fact is really just making the best of a shitty situation. But the fact that all this shit happened on HIS watch, with players HE recruited, he has to be held accountable for that.

He's not gonna get any points for responding to the mess that's still unfolding on his watch, because that's the minimum he is expected to do anyway. This is his fuckup, and there are multiple fuckups, not just one.

At least that's the standard we apply to other coaches. I figure we might as well apply it here too.

Depending on how this unfolds, and given his age and heart health, I would not be surprised if this is the end for him. Would be very sad, but it's possible.

It's noble that you have such concern for all those other schools. I, for one, find comfort in knowing you're policing the internets in search of hypocrisy. Since Aaron Hernandez is back in the news, maybe you could put on your Hypocrisy Cop cap and throw a flag on the OP of the following thread, who is clearly more concerned about the character of other college football teams:

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t1076-aaron-hernandez-indicted-on-two-more-murders#430124
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2017-04-14, 16:37

MiamiSpartan wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

I guess you must have been asleep during the back to back 11 win seasons before Cook ever took a snap at MSU. Doesn't fit Valenti's--I mean "your" narrative, though.

He got lucky with Cousins too. And Le'Veon.

Hell, he's been lucky this whole time.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2017-04-14, 16:44

Herbie Green wrote:
Vlad wrote:

"I wonder what VLad, dude, mgoblog are saying".

No need to wonder. All three say the exact same things.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-04-14, 16:46

Vlad wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

lol!!!
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-04-14, 16:48

Cameron wrote:
Death Roe wrote:Thanks for quoting the post, Pylon. I can see that Herbie admits he's a troll.

Nothing new there...

Quite the agenda against me lately. Meh.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-04-14, 16:51

Vlad wrote:

Only sad if hollis picks the next coach fyi.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-04-14, 16:53

Herbie Green wrote:
Vlad wrote:

Dude, bridges comes back and they go into full on bonar mode so they can say I was "wrong" yet again. so petty and pathetic for a "free speech" platform
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2017-04-14, 17:21

tGreenWay wrote:
Vlad wrote:

It's noble that you have such concern for all those other schools. I, for one, find comfort in knowing you're policing the internets in search of hypocrisy. Since Aaron Hernandez is back in the news, maybe you could put on your Hypocrisy Cop cap and throw a flag on the OP of the following thread, who is clearly more concerned about the character of other college football teams:

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t1076-aaron-hernandez-indicted-on-two-more-murders#430124

I don't go very far looking for hypocrites, I just come here. This place is full of them.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-04-14, 17:26

Vlad wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I don't go very far looking for hypocrites, I just come here. This place is full of them.

Lol, and they.....just......don't......get.....it. makes me miss MI zero
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-04-14, 18:06

Vlad wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

You're full of words and never back it up with actual proof. That's all you are, a chicken shit coward only able to repeat the opinions of others. I used the Hernandez thread to show how you pinheads are the real hypocrites.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-04-14, 18:09

Death Roe wrote:
Cameron wrote:

I just don't understand why you would want to act like Nigel.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-04-14, 18:12

I can't be blamed for someone quoting them even though I have them on ignore. :shrug:

Thanks for the wake-up call, though. Honestly. Love you, bro.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-04-14, 20:13

Death Roe wrote:I can't be blamed for someone quoting them even though I have them on ignore. 🤷

Thanks for the wake-up call, though. Honestly. Love you, bro.

Let's be real about coach Dantonio - Page 2 685334576
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2017-04-14, 20:32

tGreenWay wrote:
Vlad wrote:

You're full of words and never back it up with actual proof. That's all you are, a chicken shit coward only able to repeat the opinions of others. I used the Hernandez thread to show how you pinheads are the real hypocrites.

tGreenWay wrote:
Vlad wrote:

Roasted
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-04-14, 20:44

Cameron wrote:
Death Roe wrote:

I just don't understand why you would want to act like Nigel.

ouch
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-04-14, 20:45

duffy munn wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

tGreenWay wrote:

Roasted

blowar level roasting
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2017-04-15, 10:08

I'm hungover
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-04-15, 11:27

Perspective.

John Calipari puts freshman into the pros - everyone loses their shit.

College football coaches have players that commit sexual assault and fan bases, and local authorities come rushing to their defense.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-04-15, 11:51

Reality
Can't rush to someone's defense if no charges have been filed

Maybe you have an insider at the Ingham Country Prosecutor's office.  I don't.

The event came to light Feb 16 2017 and players were suspended.  March 16 prosecutors asked for more information and now a month later there is still no word.

Other than suspending players what can Dantonio do?  

You don't think there haven't been meeting explaining in more detail than necessary what sexual assault is and why you should steer clear?

I know for a fact that MSU doesn't have the same kinds of friendly relationships with local law enforcement and often the prosecutor's office other Power 5 schools do.  I don't think that's a bad thing but it happens.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-04-15, 12:22

steveschneider wrote:Perspective.

John Calipari puts freshman into the pros - everyone loses their shit.

College football coaches have players that commit sexual assault and fan bases, and local authorities come rushing to their defense.

Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-04-15, 12:50

Blanch32 wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Roasted

blowar level roasting

I would call it a full tilt
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next