Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's be real about coach Dantonio

+18
Rocinante
Death Roe
The Pantry
General Grant
GRR Spartan
Vlad
duffy munn
InTenSity
Watch Out Pylon!
tGreenWay
DWags
Motown Spartan
MiamiSpartan
Blanch32
Dendrobates
Clarett's Folly
WhiteBoyHatcher
The_Dude
22 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Let's be real about coach Dantonio - Page 3 Empty Re: Let's be real about coach Dantonio

Post by steveschneider 2017-04-16, 22:40

GRR Spartan wrote:Reality
Can't rush to someone's defense if no charges have been filed

Maybe you have an insider at the Ingham Country Prosecutor's office.  I don't.

The event came to light Feb 16 2017 and players were suspended.  March 16 prosecutors asked for more information and now a month later there is still no word.

Other than suspending players what can Dantonio do?  

You don't think there haven't been meeting explaining in more detail than necessary what sexual assault is and why you should steer clear?

I know for a fact that MSU doesn't have the same kinds of friendly relationships with local law enforcement and often the prosecutor's office other Power 5 schools do.  I don't think that's a bad thing but it happens.

Careful, I didn't specify MSU I said college football coaches. You can literally google just about any college football program and the words sexual assault and some horrific story will come up.

Doing one at random search words: Oregon St. Sexual Assualt Football

One of the top stories the search returned:

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/16027547/son-alleged-oregon-state-rape-victim-urges-ncaa-ban-violent-athletes

"Why are we protecting this small group of men?" Adams wrote. "Why are we allowing them to destroy people's lives? All of these victims have families and they get hurt too. I'm still dealing with what happened to my mom. We need to do something right now, and I think it starts with the NCAA creating a policy that bans violent athletes.

"Enough is enough. It's been 17 years and nothing has changed."

----

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Let's be real about coach Dantonio - Page 3 Empty Re: Let's be real about coach Dantonio

Post by Blanch32 2017-04-17, 07:32

steveschneider wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:Reality
Can't rush to someone's defense if no charges have been filed

Maybe you have an insider at the Ingham Country Prosecutor's office.  I don't.

The event came to light Feb 16 2017 and players were suspended.  March 16 prosecutors asked for more information and now a month later there is still no word.

Other than suspending players what can Dantonio do?  

You don't think there haven't been meeting explaining in more detail than necessary what sexual assault is and why you should steer clear?

I know for a fact that MSU doesn't have the same kinds of friendly relationships with local law enforcement and often the prosecutor's office other Power 5 schools do.  I don't think that's a bad thing but it happens.

Careful, I didn't specify MSU I said college football coaches. You can literally google just about any college football program and the words sexual assault and some horrific story will come up.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/16027547/son-alleged-oregon-state-rape-victim-urges-ncaa-ban-violent-athletes

"Why are we protecting this small group of men?" Adams wrote. "Why are we allowing them to destroy people's lives? All of these victims have families and they get hurt too. I'm still dealing with what happened to my mom. We need to do something right now, and I think it starts with the NCAA creating a policy that bans violent athletes.

----

"everyone does it"

sincerely,

unc and baylor
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-04-17, 10:06

Blanch32 wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

----

"everyone does it"

sincerely,

unc and baylor

For today's random school, I picked Northwestern. Couldn't find anything football related on the first page of the google search but I found an ugly frat/date rape scandal that dominated the first page.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3