Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Things you were embarrassed you didn't know til you found out later in life.

+12
Travis of the Cosmos
CheesySpartan
WhiteBoyHatcher
Nordic
DWags
Vlad
Banks2Mason
SawGreen
InTenSity
Robert J Sakimano
Floyd Robertson
kingstonlake
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Things you were embarrassed you didn't know til you found out later in life.  Empty Things you were embarrassed you didn't know til you found out later in life.

Post by kingstonlake Thu 20 Apr 2017 - 9:09

Didn't know Bob Marleys father was white. Things you were embarrassed you didn't know til you found out later in life.  2599972566
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Things you were embarrassed you didn't know til you found out later in life.  Empty Re: Things you were embarrassed you didn't know til you found out later in life.

Post by Floyd Robertson Thu 20 Apr 2017 - 9:24

kingstonlake wrote:Didn't know Bob Marleys father was white. Things you were embarrassed you didn't know til you found out later in life.  2599972566

I'm sure that I'll come up with something, but that won't be it, and I didn't know it. In other words, I don't think it's embarrassing to not know that.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Things you were embarrassed you didn't know til you found out later in life.  Empty Re: Things you were embarrassed you didn't know til you found out later in life.

Post by kingstonlake Thu 20 Apr 2017 - 9:29

Floyd Robertson wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Didn't know Bob Marleys father was white. Things you were embarrassed you didn't know til you found out later in life.  2599972566

I'm sure that I'll come up with something, but that won't be it, and I didn't know it. In other words, I don't think it's embarrassing to not know that.

I think it comes from the angle that I assumed he was black.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Thu 20 Apr 2017 - 9:57

kingstonlake wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

I think it comes from the angle that I assumed he was black.

I'd need some help from racist remark judgement board, but I don't think you were making a bad assumption.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 20 Apr 2017 - 10:13

up until about 3 years ago I thought that the Lord of the Rings stuff and the Harry Potter stuff was the same thing.

ya know.. "Lord of the Rings and The Sword of Harry Potter".. something like that. I wasn't embarrassed by it.. just totally out of the loop.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu 20 Apr 2017 - 10:33

Robert J Sakimano wrote:up until about 3 years ago I thought that the Lord of the Rings stuff and the Harry Potter stuff was the same thing.

ya know.. "Lord of the Rings and The Sword of Harry Potter".. something like that. I wasn't embarrassed by it.. just totally out of the loop.
I bet you'd be surprised to find out they were written about 40-50 years apart, too.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 20 Apr 2017 - 10:35

InTenSity wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:up until about 3 years ago I thought that the Lord of the Rings stuff and the Harry Potter stuff was the same thing.

I bet you'd be surprised to find out they were written about 40-50 years apart, too.
I think that was part of the information that led me to believe that they weren't related.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu 20 Apr 2017 - 11:00

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
InTenSity wrote:
I think that was part of the information that led me to believe that they weren't related.

Being a great EL resident, I might have thought Bilbo's would have tipped you off, since it existed before the Harry Potter. Although I'm not sure when you were in EL.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 20 Apr 2017 - 11:03

InTenSity wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Being a great EL resident, I might have thought Bilbo's would have tipped you off, since it existed before the Harry Potter. Although I'm not sure when you were in EL.
that's a good point. I have been in EL since 1995, so there were a couple of years, I think, that Bilbo's had the fortune of my company.

though I don't think I would've put that together. If you don't know that Bilbo's is a reference to something, you're not going to get it. I suppose Lord of the Rings influenced some Led Zeppelin stuff? Maybe Led Zeppelin IV, mostly?

I used to think Led Zeppelin IV was just pretty trippy.. never knew it was an ode to a book (if it, indeed, is).
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu 20 Apr 2017 - 11:05

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
InTenSity wrote:
that's a good point. I have been in EL since 1995, so there were a couple of years, I think, that Bilbo's had the fortune of my company.

though I don't think I would've put that together. If you don't know that Bilbo's is a reference to something, you're not going to get it. I suppose Lord of the Rings influenced some Led Zeppelin stuff? Maybe Led Zeppelin IV, mostly?

I used to think Led Zeppelin IV was just pretty trippy.. never knew it was an ode to a book (if it, indeed, is).
Now I've learned something new! I'm not really embarrassed, but I don't get a lot of pop culture references. Also, my last reply prior to this came off a little snarky, sorry about that.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Thu 20 Apr 2017 - 11:11

So, I honestly did not know the definition of narcissism until a few weeks ago. It made me wonder if I was one, so I took an online test, and I'm pretty sure I'm not... unless I am a narcissist and can't imagine myself failing the test.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu 20 Apr 2017 - 11:14

SawGreen wrote:So, I honestly did not know the definition of narcissism until a few weeks ago. It made me wonder if I was one, so I took an online test, and I'm pretty sure I'm not... unless I am a narcissist and can't imagine myself failing the test.
You've talked about yourself quite a bit in this post, so I think you're a narcissist.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 20 Apr 2017 - 12:16

InTenSity wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:that's a good point. I have been in EL since 1995, so there were a couple of years, I think, that Bilbo's had the fortune of my company.

Now I've learned something new! I'm not really embarrassed, but I don't get a lot of pop culture references. Also, my last reply prior to this came off a little snarky, sorry about that.
yes.. you'd better apologize - as you know, I have a strong moral opposition to snark. Wink
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason Thu 20 Apr 2017 - 12:31

I always thought that dogs laid eggs
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Thu 20 Apr 2017 - 12:42

I read the swill so I know everything.

Go ahead, quiz me.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 20 Apr 2017 - 14:50

I didn't know you could press in the ends of tinfoil boxes so when you pulled some out the whole thing didn't come rolling out.

Things you were embarrassed you didn't know til you found out later in life.  Alumim10
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 20 Apr 2017 - 14:52

I thought my blood was blue inside my body.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Thu 20 Apr 2017 - 15:00

DWags wrote:I thought my blood was blue inside my body.

And you have the nerve to accuse others?? Suspect

Razz
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Thu 20 Apr 2017 - 15:04

DWags wrote:I didn't know you could press in the ends of tinfoil boxes so when you pulled some out the whole thing didn't come rolling out.

Things you were embarrassed you didn't know til you found out later in life.  Alumim10

Things you were embarrassed you didn't know til you found out later in life.  1896033241 I still do that
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Thu 20 Apr 2017 - 15:24

The gas tank symbol has an arrow telling you which side of the car the tank opening is...

Things you were embarrassed you didn't know til you found out later in life.  2015-04-13-1428958600-8905374-fuelgaugemh
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu 20 Apr 2017 - 15:32

there is a word, and I can't remember it right now, but up until like 2 years ago I didn't know it had a t in it. I'll post it here when I remember it.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Thu 20 Apr 2017 - 15:39

SawGreen wrote:The gas tank symbol has an arrow telling you which side of the car the tank opening is...

Things you were embarrassed you didn't know til you found out later in life.  2015-04-13-1428958600-8905374-fuelgaugemh

Things you were embarrassed you didn't know til you found out later in life.  1966794946 It's like you fuckers are reading my mind. I've driven in a lot of rental cars and I had no idea that arrow was there until my wife told me (twice) a couple of years ago.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Thu 20 Apr 2017 - 15:43

SawGreen wrote:The gas tank symbol has an arrow telling you which side of the car the tank opening is...

I seriously can't wait to jump in my car after work and check the gas gauge to find out if this is true. Shocked
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Thu 20 Apr 2017 - 15:44

I don't know what POTUS is.  I hear the term on the radio from time to time and just saw it in a Loose post.  I assume it is something political and probably refers to the president?  No idea and don't really care.

Last edited by Nordic on Thu 20 Apr 2017 - 15:44; edited 1 time in total
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan Thu 20 Apr 2017 - 15:44

Yep just found that out a few months ago...total game changer! Things you were embarrassed you didn't know til you found out later in life.  502811600
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan Thu 20 Apr 2017 - 15:45

Nordic wrote:I don't know what POTUS is. I hear the term on the radio from time to time and just saw in a Loose post. I assume it is something political and probably refers to the president? No idea and don't really care.
Suspect
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu 20 Apr 2017 - 15:46

Wow you guys. I can't believe people didn't know that.

Also Things you were embarrassed you didn't know til you found out later in life.  1966794946 Things you were embarrassed you didn't know til you found out later in life.  1966794946 Nordy not knowing POTUS acronym.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 20 Apr 2017 - 15:46

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:there is a word, and I can't remember it right now, but up until like 2 years ago I didn't know it had a t in it. I'll post it here when I remember it.
Is it turtle?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu 20 Apr 2017 - 15:47

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:there is a word, and I can't remember it right now, but up until like 2 years ago I didn't know it had a t in it. I'll post it here when I remember it.
Is it turtle?

YES!

WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Thu 20 Apr 2017 - 15:48

The hole in the top of a Bic pen cap is there in case it is swallowed. That way you can still breath. Supposedly.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Thu 20 Apr 2017 - 15:49

I still don't know what tl:dl means. Or whatever the letters are.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu 20 Apr 2017 - 15:50

kingstonlake wrote:I still don't know what tl:dl means. Or whatever the letters are.
Too Long:Didn't Read.

TL:DR Summary of words.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Thu 20 Apr 2017 - 15:53

InTenSity wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:I still don't know what tl:dl means. Or whatever the letters are.

Thank you kind sir!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu 20 Apr 2017 - 15:53

Penguins

Of

The

Unsullied

Soldiers
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu 20 Apr 2017 - 15:55

kingstonlake wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

Thank you kind sir!
NP, do you know what MFW stands for? I can' figure that one out. I keep thinking mother fucking what?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Thu 20 Apr 2017 - 15:57

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Penguins

Of

The

Unsullied

Soldiers

Calling bullshit
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Thu 20 Apr 2017 - 15:58

InTenSity wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Thank you kind sir!
NP, do you know what MFW stands for? I can' figure that one out. I keep thinking mother fucking what?

No clue
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Apr 2017 - 16:12

Floyd Robertson wrote:

I seriously can't wait to jump in my car after work and check the gas gauge to find out if this is true. Shocked

It's true Floyd, it's always been true.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Thu 20 Apr 2017 - 16:22

LooseGoose wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

It's true Floyd, it's always been true.

I've always had good gas cap awareness, but knowing this might have saved some embarrassment once or twice in 40 years of driving.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Thu 20 Apr 2017 - 16:32

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next