Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Things you were embarrassed you didn't know til you found out later in life.

+12
Travis of the Cosmos
CheesySpartan
WhiteBoyHatcher
Nordic
DWags
Vlad
Banks2Mason
SawGreen
InTenSity
Robert J Sakimano
Floyd Robertson
kingstonlake
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Things you were embarrassed you didn't know til you found out later in life.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Things you were embarrassed you didn't know til you found out later in life.

Post by DWags 2017-04-20, 15:36

SawGreen wrote:The gas tank symbol has an arrow telling you which side of the car the tank opening is...

Things you were embarrassed you didn't know til you found out later in life.  - Page 2 2015-04-13-1428958600-8905374-fuelgaugemh

I'm pretty sure that if the arrow isn't there, it's the side of the gas pump symbol the hose is on that tells you. If only the gas pump is there, no hose or arrows, I think its' the side of the dash board the pump symbol is on.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Things you were embarrassed you didn't know til you found out later in life.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Things you were embarrassed you didn't know til you found out later in life.

Post by CheesySpartan 2017-04-20, 15:37

What the heck is this symbol called? ~
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-04-20, 16:02

CheesySpartan wrote:What the heck is this symbol called? ~

I don't know if it has a proper math name, but I use it in place of the word "approximately." For example, my batting average in HS baseball was ~ .440, which, by the way, is 100% untrue.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-04-20, 16:08

tGreenWay wrote:
CheesySpartan wrote:What the heck is this symbol called? ~

I don't know if it has a proper math name, but I use it in place of the word "approximately." For example, my batting average in HS baseball was ~ .440, which, by the way, is 100% untrue.

It's called a tilde.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-04-20, 16:47

InTenSity wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Thank you kind sir!
NP, do you know what MFW stands for? I can' figure that one out. I keep thinking mother fucking what?

My Face When
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-04-20, 16:56

Floyd Robertson wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

It's called a tilde.

Holy crap, you're right. I knew that and then forgot it. I even remember when I learned about it--in the mid 90s as I was learning about the World Wide Web. Things you were embarrassed you didn't know til you found out later in life.  - Page 2 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-04-20, 18:23

I didn't know that the motto of this board, "post like your in your mom's basement" or whatever it is meant, post only the most redic sunshine things you can think of regarding all things msu. i.e. "think izzo should be on the HOF ballot against this year because he's so awesome?" or "izzo should win 2 natries next year alone!" redic fantasy stuff of blowar island nature.

took me years to realize this
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-04-20, 18:50

>mfw blanch tries to be clever

Things you were embarrassed you didn't know til you found out later in life.  - Page 2 29a
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-04-20, 20:26

Blanch32 wrote:I didn't know that the motto of this board, "post like your in your mom's basement" or whatever it is meant, post only the most redic sunshine things you can think of regarding all things msu. i.e. "think izzo should be on the HOF ballot against this year because he's so awesome?" or "izzo should win 2 natries next year alone!" redic fantasy stuff of blowar island nature.

took me years to realize this

POTUS
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-04-20, 20:29

gHost Spartan wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Didn't know Bob Marleys father was white. Things you were embarrassed you didn't know til you found out later in life.  - Page 2 2599972566
Why is this embarrassing? I didn't know that either

Well, I kinda liked his music and usually know a thing or two about a band or singers background. Surprised I hadn't run across the fact earlier
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2017-04-20, 20:36

Cameron wrote:>mfw blanch tries to be clever

Things you were embarrassed you didn't know til you found out later in life.  - Page 2 29a

Things you were embarrassed you didn't know til you found out later in life.  - Page 2 502811600Things you were embarrassed you didn't know til you found out later in life.  - Page 2 502811600Things you were embarrassed you didn't know til you found out later in life.  - Page 2 502811600
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-04-20, 20:44

Floyd Robertson wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

It's called a tilde.

Sounds Australian
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-04-20, 20:56

When I was a wee one, probably 3 or 4 years old, I pronounced hamburgers as hamboogers. Then, one day when it was my turn to order, I asked the server for a hambooger. Then I asked my family if it was pronounced hamburger or hambooger, and they all told me it was hamburger. I felt so foolish. Then I forgot about the incident until just know.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-04-20, 21:39

tGreenWay wrote:When I was a wee one, probably 3 or 4 years old, I pronounced hamburgers as hamboogers. Then, one day when it was my turn to order, I asked the server for a hambooger. Then I asked my family if it was pronounced hamburger or hambooger, and they all told me it was hamburger. I felt so foolish. Then I forgot about the incident until just know.

Sorry for triggering this traumatic memory.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-04-20, 21:56

kingstonlake wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:When I was a wee one, probably 3 or 4 years old, I pronounced hamburgers as hamboogers. Then, one day when it was my turn to order, I asked the server for a hambooger. Then I asked my family if it was pronounced hamburger or hambooger, and they all told me it was hamburger. I felt so foolish. Then I forgot about the incident until just know.

Sorry for triggering this traumatic memory.

Can I sue you?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-04-20, 21:59

Okay, I just thought of two things I learned later in life that I should've known sooner. I wouldn't say I was embarrassed as much as just disgusted with myself.
1) There's a difference between concrete and cement.
B) There's a difference between mast and staff.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-04-20, 22:06

kingstonlake wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote: Why is this embarrassing? I didn't know that either

Well, I kinda liked his music and usually know a thing or two about a band or singers background. Surprised I hadn't run across the fact earlier

Same. Love his music. Knew how he died, but this new to me and thanks. Interesting piece of information.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-04-20, 22:08

Was raised catholic by an Italian catholic mom. Didn't realize it wasn't called "mass" in other churches. Was corrected a billion times by my wife when I was in my late 20's and going to her church.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2017-04-20, 22:51

tGreenWay wrote:Okay, I just thought of two things I learned later in life that I should've known sooner. I wouldn't say I was embarrassed as much as just disgusted with myself.

Please enlighten us (or me)...
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-04-20, 22:52

tGreenWay wrote:Okay, I just thought of two things I learned later in life that I should've known sooner. I wouldn't say I was embarrassed as much as just disgusted with myself.
B) There's a difference between mast and staff.

You mast is never at full staff.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-04-21, 01:04

SawGreen wrote:

Please enlighten us (or me)...

1) From Wikipedia: "Whats the Difference Between Cement and Concrete? Although the terms cement and concrete often are used interchangeably, cement is actually an ingredient of concrete. Concrete is basically a mixture of aggregates and paste. The aggregates are sand and gravel or crushed stone; the paste is water and portland cement."

B) It's a staff on dry land and a mast when it's on the water (boat, ship, etc.,). Apparently, there are places in the world that don't bother with the distinction, despite a mast being an actual component on a ship.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2