Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So Ben Carson Believes That Poverty Is Just a Mindset..

+6
Watch Out Pylon!
Rocinante
Cameron
GRR Spartan
CheesySpartan
Robert J Sakimano
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

So Ben Carson Believes That Poverty Is Just a Mindset..  Empty So Ben Carson Believes That Poverty Is Just a Mindset..

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 25 May 2017 - 12:40

caution: mainstream media article below

Wealthy Doctor Belittles People Living in Poverty
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

So Ben Carson Believes That Poverty Is Just a Mindset..  Empty Re: So Ben Carson Believes That Poverty Is Just a Mindset..

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 25 May 2017 - 12:41

oh - and he also has a painting of him with jesus hanging in his home..

So Ben Carson Believes That Poverty Is Just a Mindset..  Carson-and-jesus

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

So Ben Carson Believes That Poverty Is Just a Mindset..  Empty Re: So Ben Carson Believes That Poverty Is Just a Mindset..

Post by CheesySpartan Thu 25 May 2017 - 12:47

Why do successful, black, republicans scare you Robert?
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 25 May 2017 - 13:01

CheesySpartan wrote:Why do successful, black, republicans scare you Robert?
they don't.

it's the stupid ones that I am befuddled by.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Thu 25 May 2017 - 13:18

Its easier to find the right state of mind when your Florida home sells for $920K.

I don't begrudge Dr. Carson for having the financial wherewithall to own a nice home like the one he just sold. He worked hard and was a world reknown pediatric neurosurgeon who deserves a nice place to spend some time from the dreary Mid Atlantic /DC area in the winter.

http://www.latimes.com/business/realestate/hot-property/la-fi-hotprop-ben-carson-sells-palm-beach-home-20170523-story.html
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Thu 25 May 2017 - 13:42

Well, I mean, he is an expert in intellectual poverty...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan Thu 25 May 2017 - 14:00

Cameron wrote:Well, I mean, he is an expert in intellectual poverty...
Rolling Eyes

Born in Detroit, Michigan, and a graduate of Yale University and the University of Michigan Medical School, Carson has authored numerous books on his medical career and political stances. He was the subject of a television drama film in 2009.

He was the Director of Pediatric Neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Maryland from 1984 until his retirement in 2013. As a pioneer in neurosurgery, Carson's achievements include performing the only successful separation of conjoined twins joined at the back of the head, pioneering the first successful neurosurgical procedure on a fetus inside the womb, performing the first completely successful separation of type-2 vertical craniopagus twins, developing new methods to treat brain-stem tumors, and reviving hemispherectomy techniques for controlling seizures.[3][4][5] He became the youngest chief of pediatric neurosurgery in the country at age 33.[6] He has received more than 60 honorary doctorate degrees, dozens of national merit citations, and written over 100 neurosurgical publications.[7] In 2008, he was bestowed the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the highest civilian award in the United States.[8]

You can disagree with him politically but he's a smart dude.
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Thu 25 May 2017 - 14:06

Cheesy come up with a reason that a guy who just sold one of homes for $920K can say poverty is a state of mind.

Carson has always been every "conservatives" favorite GOP candidate right up until its time to vote.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Thu 25 May 2017 - 14:07

Cheesy, if we're working under the theory that educational attainment equals intelligence, you and yours are going to have to amend many of your beliefs and opinions.

On the other hand...

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/05/politics/ben-carson-pyramids-grain/
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 25 May 2017 - 14:11

I like how republicans finally have one black guy they can like.. So Ben Carson Believes That Poverty Is Just a Mindset..  502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan Thu 25 May 2017 - 14:12

GRR Spartan wrote:Cheesy come up with a reason that a guy who just sold one of homes for $920K can say poverty is a state of mind.

Carson has always been every "conservatives" favorite GOP candidate right up until its time to vote.

He grew up poor so he probably knows a lot more then we do (at least I do).
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan Thu 25 May 2017 - 14:14

Cameron wrote:Cheesy, if we're working under the theory that educational attainment equals intelligence, you and yours are going to have to amend many of your beliefs and opinions.

On the other hand...

I think his professional accomplishments speak to his intellect as well.
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Thu 25 May 2017 - 14:17

CheesySpartan wrote:
Cameron wrote:Cheesy, if we're working under the theory that educational attainment equals intelligence, you and yours are going to have to amend many of your beliefs and opinions.

On the other hand...

I think his professional accomplishments speak to his intellect as well.

Hey, he's a great surgeon, I won't dispute that. But anything he says about anything not directly related to brain surgery tends to be absurdly simple-minded.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 25 May 2017 - 14:19

I'm gonna assume that anyone that has a painting of themselves with jesus is a little bit deficient.

plus, I'm not all that impressed with his ability to be a doctor - I know some doctors.. and a lot of them aren't the brightest crayon in the box. Just because you can perform well on your job doesn't inherently earn my respect.

I mean, if poverty is a mindset.. so is lying about getting robbed at gunpoint. And we all know that he lied about that. And I don't think jesus likes liars.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan Thu 25 May 2017 - 14:26

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I like how republicans finally have one black guy they can like.. So Ben Carson Believes That Poverty Is Just a Mindset..  502811600

They also have Sheriff David Clark from the great state of WI. I know he scares the shit out of liberals.

CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 25 May 2017 - 14:47

CheesySpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I like how republicans finally have one black guy they can like.. So Ben Carson Believes That Poverty Is Just a Mindset..  502811600

They also have Sheriff David Clark from the great state of WI. I know he scares the shit out of liberals.

never heard of him.

Googled him - are you sure he isn't one of the Village People?

So Ben Carson Believes That Poverty Is Just a Mindset..  220px-David_Clarke_by_Gage_Skidmore_2

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan Thu 25 May 2017 - 14:51

[/quote] never heard of him.

Googled him - are you sure he isn't one of the Village People?

So Ben Carson Believes That Poverty Is Just a Mindset..  220px-David_Clarke_by_Gage_Skidmore_2

[/quote]

He spoke at the RNC convention.
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 25 May 2017 - 14:53

did he sing "In The Navy" for the crowd?

So Ben Carson Believes That Poverty Is Just a Mindset..  Village1100408

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu 25 May 2017 - 14:54

They also have that Adam West dude.

Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu 25 May 2017 - 14:54

CheesySpartan wrote:

Why is he so scary?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan Thu 25 May 2017 - 14:58

Robert J Sakimano wrote:did he sing "In The Navy" for the crowd?

So Ben Carson Believes That Poverty Is Just a Mindset..  Village1100408

Nope. That looks more like "your scene" Bob. NTTAWWT
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan Thu 25 May 2017 - 15:00

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
CheesySpartan wrote:

Why is he so scary?

I don't think he is. I think he's great! He gets the libs around here all worked up though.
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Thu 25 May 2017 - 15:08

Wealth is also just a mindset.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 25 May 2017 - 15:09

CheesySpartan wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Why is he so scary?

I don't think he is. I think he's great! He gets the libs around here all worked up though.
I'd never heard of him until you brought him up - not really into the hate speech scene, which is probably why republicans like him so much.

I'm glad you like him, though - maybe he'll join the band for a reunion tour this summer and they'll play the local carwash.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu 25 May 2017 - 15:12

CheesySpartan wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Why is he so scary?

So you have no idea why he is scary to liberals? Care to take a guess? Let's try this instead, why is he great?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Thu 25 May 2017 - 15:12

It is interesting that a bunch of white guys who live in the suburbs are scoffing at the assessment of someone who actually was raised in poverty and managed to find his way out to become one of the highest achieving medical practitioners in the country.

I think Ben Carson's religious stuff is nutty and I don't know much about his politics (beyond having run on the GOP ticket, which probably explains this attitude towards him), but I'm surprised people aren't pointing to Dr. Carson as something black males who are raised in poverty can aspire to be. You'd think Dr. Carson's achievements would make him the perfect role model. Instead it's doubling down on...."Y'all ain't gonna do shit cause the white man hates you."

Also, I expected Roc to come in and correct Bob on the context of those comments.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan Thu 25 May 2017 - 15:19

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
CheesySpartan wrote:

I'd never heard of him until you brought him up - not really into the hate speech scene, which is probably why republicans like him so much.

I'm glad you like him, though - maybe he'll join the band for a reunion tour this summer and they'll play the local carwash.

Robert J Sakimano wrote:anyone going or know someone that is going??

Women's March on Washington

Unless it fits your agenda Bob...
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan Thu 25 May 2017 - 15:23

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
CheesySpartan wrote:

So you have no idea why he is scary to liberals? Care to take a guess? Let's try this instead, why is he great?

He's not PC and he's not afraid to speak the truth when others won't???
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu 25 May 2017 - 15:24

Come on, nobody liked my joke? I laughed at it.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu 25 May 2017 - 15:25

CheesySpartan wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

He's not PC and he's not afraid to speak the truth when others won't???

What are these non PC truths?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Thu 25 May 2017 - 15:27

Rocinante wrote:Come on, nobody liked my joke? I laughed at it.

I liked it, Roc. I heh'd.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Thu 25 May 2017 - 15:33

White guys that make the conscious choice not to live around "those people", hiding out in their HOA fee charging subdivisions, dismissing the opinion of someone that actually grew up in poverty and through hard work and determination became successful.

If he were saying "There is no hope... white people hate you..." the same lefties would be saying "See, we told you so! You just don't know because of your white privilege!!!" They seem to know everything about "the life" when someone states something they disagree with.

A lot of mental gymnastics and logic calculus.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Thu 25 May 2017 - 15:34

Yeah, it's a double post. What you gonna do about it, white boy?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 25 May 2017 - 15:40

CheesySpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: I'd never heard of him until you brought him up - not really into the hate speech scene, which is probably why republicans like him so much.

Robert J Sakimano wrote:anyone going or know someone that is going??

Women's March on Washington

Unless it fits your agenda Bob...
feel free to enjoy the knuckle-draggin' right.. I choose not to participate in the hate.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Thu 25 May 2017 - 16:05

Black guy raised to a suicidal single mother on food stamps in impoverished Detroit neighborhoods... works hard, studies and ends up getting the highest SAT scores in the past twenty years for a Detroit public school student after struggling his first year, continues to work hard and goes to Yale and then UM Medical School. Then onto Johns Hopkins to intern and do his residency. Continues to work his ass off and ends up running for president one day.

But the white guys who grew up in middle class white neighborhoods know better than him. You can't make this shit up. So Ben Carson Believes That Poverty Is Just a Mindset..  502811600

And the same white guys wonder why detractors accuse them of purposely convincing people they're impoverished with no hope, to keep as their little minority pets that can be counted on for votes and then discarded when the election is over.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu 25 May 2017 - 16:16

You invent false talking points and argue against them X. This has always been your problem. When you're coherent you actually can argue pretty well. That seems to come and go.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Thu 25 May 2017 - 16:20

Rocinante wrote:You invent false talking points and argue against them X. This has always been your problem. When you're coherent you actually can argue pretty well. That seems to come and go.

Roc, can you not see that I have a line in the water? Go find your own pond!
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Thu 25 May 2017 - 16:31

Poor Cheesy thinks if you don't agree with Dr. Carson's economic babble you are afraid so he pivots to another black guy who did win a county wide election.

Clark is another character.  Typical county sheriff who takes a $40K Moscow trip paid for by the NRA.

But Cheesy thinking any is afraid is laughable.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Thu 25 May 2017 - 16:34

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Not sure who he is but that is one handsome man.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu 25 May 2017 - 16:47

xsanguine wrote:
Rocinante wrote:You invent false talking points and argue against them X. This has always been your problem. When you're coherent you actually can argue pretty well. That seems to come and go.

Roc, can you not see that I have a line in the water? Go find your own pond!

Oh sorry man.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next