Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Supreme Court

+34
sεяεηιτλ
PennSpartan
duffy munn
Pervis Muldoon
Bredo Morstoel
RQA
Trapper Gus
TrapperGus
MiamiSpartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
tTy
Motown Spartan
WhiteBoyHatcher
AvgMSUJoe
Jake from State Farm
Cameron
InTenSity
Heat Miser
DWags
Dr. Strangelove
Dendrobates
steveschneider
Floyd Robertson
Robert J Sakimano
Watch Out Pylon!
tGreenWay
Rocinante
I.B. Fine
msugolfguy
NigelUno
kingstonlake
GRR Spartan
Turtleneck
Travis of the Cosmos
38 posters

Page 23 of 27 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Go down

The Supreme Court - Page 23 Empty Re: The Supreme Court

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-04-16, 09:38

This dude really needs to be removed. If the legislature can’t, and they can’t, then he should be prosecuted under the various laws he’s already been found to have broken

[tw]1647583471567618049[/tw]

His whole “never asks questions, or talks at all, before making a ruling” thing is a lot less cute when it becomes apparent that he’s been taking bribes this whole time
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-04-16, 11:13

Following a link in that tweet thread gives us this, as a famous sportscaster once said "I don't know what to say!"

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-1991-07-24-9103220246-story.html

Now it appears we have a new Cooke-like episode, this one cooked up by federal Judge Clarence Thomas, President Bush`s nominee to replace Justice Thurgood Marshall on the Supreme Court.

In an often-quoted speech that he delivered to a conference of black conservatives in 1980, Thomas said of his sister, who was then on welfare:

''She gets mad when the mailman is late with her welfare check. That`s how dependent she is.

''What`s worse is that now her kids feel entitled to the check too. They have no motivation for doing better or getting out of that situation.''

Unfortunately, Thomas` stunning story wasn`t true. Not quite.

When reporters recently tracked down Thomas` sister, Emma Mae Martin, living in a beat-up frame house with a hole in the roof in Pin Point, Ga., a few steps from where she and her two younger brothers were born, they didn`t find a story of welfare dependency.

Instead, they found a story of hard work by three generations of a family struggling like most other families do, just to make ends meet.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sεяεηιτλ 2023-04-16, 13:23

frame house with a hole in the roof in Pin Point, Ga., a few steps from where she and her two younger brothers were born, they didn`t find a story of welfare dependency.

What do you know.

The guy who seems to regularly take absurd conservative stances that are unsupported at all by the constitution, has lived a life of lies, makes stuff up constantly, and takes bribes.

him being on the court destroys the credibility of the court.

It's not above the fray, political or otherwise.  It is a swamp, an unaccountable swamp that all other areas are expected to fall in line behind.  and of course it seems like the right wing is the one that has corrupted it. This is the opposite of american.
sεяεηιτλ
sεяεηιτλ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-04-16, 17:44

If you think Clarence Thomas will ever experience a shred of accountability,  the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator and the fine, patriotic, christian folks from Mio would like to have a word with you.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-04-19, 09:36

https://gregolear.substack.com/p/ginni-the-moocher

More details about Justice Thomas & his wife.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-04-19, 10:01

Robert J Sakimano wrote:If you think Clarence Thomas will ever experience a shred of accountability,  the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator and the fine, patriotic, christian folks from Mio would like to have a word with you.

So the racists are sticking up for the black guy? Is that progress? I'm confused.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-04-19, 10:09

TravelinMan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:If you think Clarence Thomas will ever experience a shred of accountability,  the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator and the fine, patriotic, christian folks from Mio would like to have a word with you.

So the racists are sticking up for the black guy? Is that progress? I'm confused.

Exception that proves the rule. Otherwise you wouldn't have called attention to it.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-04-19, 10:51

Motown Spartan wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

Exception that proves the rule. Otherwise you wouldn't have called attention to it.

Somewhat surprised to see TM touting this canard.

Of course, the racists are all in on the Black "intellectual" who says what they want to hear regarding minorities.

There are a bunch of them that love Thomas Stowell too.

For a minority, aligning oneself with the beliefs of the majority can be very rewarding, monetarily, as we can see from Justice Thomas's graft.

There is also the "passing" which minorities will do when they are being shit upon as a member of a minority. It is always better to be treated as part of the majority if you can pull it off and have little self-respect.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-04-19, 10:54

Trapper Gus wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:

Of course, the racists are all in on the Black "intellectual" who says what they want to hear regarding minorities.

For a minority, aligning oneself with the beliefs of the majority can be very rewarding, monetarily, as we can see from Justice Thomas's graft.

There is also the "passing" which minorities will do when they are being shit upon as a member of a minority. It is always better to be treated as part of the majority if you can pull it off and have little self-respect.

So white conservatives like black conservatives, but tend not to like black liberals.

Hmm. Racism is confusing these days.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-04-19, 10:55

TravelinMan wrote:

So you are really telling us you have no knowledge how Thomas rules or what his wife is all about? That’s some top level RQA stuff right there.

I won’t use the epithet from Stowe’s book to describe him. Because I agree with Professor Patricia Turner, as far as Thomases character. He’s not as good as the character in Harriet Beecher Stowe‘s book.

Turner:” Absolutely, and at that tender age, all of the sentimentality that Stowe incorporates into the novel really struck me. I mean, I wept when Uncle Tom died at the end, and I didn't see him as any kind of a sell-out, and so I've always found my self wanting to correct people who accuse someone of being an "Uncle Tom."

It was a really rough time for me during the Clarence Thomas hearings because it was very common in the black community to refer to Clarence Thomas as an "Uncle Tom." And my understanding of Justice Thomas, you know, he wasn't good enough to be the real Uncle Tom. I couldn't imagine him being someone who would have let himself be beat to death rather than reveal where these two black women were.”

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Pervis Muldoon and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-04-19, 10:57

TravelinMan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

There is also the "passing" which minorities will do when they are being shit upon as a member of a minority.  It is always better to be treated as part of the majority if you can pull it off and have little self-respect.

So white conservatives like black conservatives, but tend not to like black liberals.

Hmm.  Racism is confusing these days.

Life isn't just black and white, there are many shades of gray.

Thus, pointing out one or one hundred minorities that racists support is pretty much meaningless when at the same time they are pursuing racist policies.  It is sort of worse when the minorities they support are also supporting those racist policies.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-04-19, 11:10

Trapper Gus wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

Hmm.  Racism is confusing these days.

Life isn't just black and white, there are many shades of gray.

Thus, pointing out one or one hundred minorities that racists support is pretty much meaningless when at the same time they are pursuing racist policies.  It is sort of worse when the minorities they support are also supporting those racist policies.

Frankly, it’s what people like RQA do. They take some anecdotal story, and they sell it as their truth. It’s pathetic, it’s tiring, and it’s so Wells Hall. It becomes exhausting.

They tell you about the guy whose life was saved because he wasn’t wearing a seatbelt. They tell you about their uncle smoked three packs a day and drank a pint of whiskey and lived until he was 101 years old. Then, they sell that as the truth. It’s juvenile and it’s exhausting. Fuck em.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-04-19, 11:18

I have a black friend so I'm not racist.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-04-19, 11:28

Motown Spartan wrote:I have a black friend so I'm not racist.

Is he a zombie in Escanaba?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-04-19, 11:43

DWags wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:I have a black friend so I'm not racist.

Is he a zombie in Escanaba?

I would NEVER befriend someone from Escanaba. Especially not a black zombie.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

TravelinMan, DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-04-19, 12:07

racist, bigoted christian sexual predator and the fine, patriotic, christian folks from Mio

I'm just here looking for insight on the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator and the fine, patriotic, christian folks from Mio.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-04-19, 12:23

I will give you another great example: has everyone here heard the tape of the Oklahoma sheriff? Secretly recorded, by a journalist, who had left a recording device in the room when he walked out? Did you hear what they said about lynching? And about Black people?

I will bet my house that those people on tape,  like Clarence Thomas and they want him on the Supreme Court. You can make those connections and if you’re still confused by it well I’m not gonna waste my time.

Last edited by DWags on 2023-04-19, 14:45; edited 1 time in total
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-04-19, 12:32

TravelinMan wrote:
racist, bigoted christian sexual predator and the fine, patriotic, christian folks from Mio

I'm just here looking for insight on the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator and the fine, patriotic, christian folks from Mio.

Do you understand what White Privilege is?

Or what CRT is all about?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-04-19, 12:34

Trapper Gus wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

Things that don't exist.

Sincerely,

The racist, bigoted christian sexual predator and the fine, patriotic, christian folks from Mio.

Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

TravelinMan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-04-19, 12:36

Motown Spartan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Things that don't exist.

Sincerely,

The racist, bigoted christian sexual predator and the fine, patriotic, christian folks from Mio.

Sure.

But even if they don't people who believe that should know what they are.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-04-19, 12:46

TravelinMan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

It’s really not all that confusing to be honest.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-04-19, 14:00

Nv
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-04-19, 15:19

Trapper Gus wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

Yes. White privilege is what made me successful, and CRT is what makes me feel guilty about it.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-04-19, 15:55

TravelinMan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Yes. White privilege is what made me successful, and CRT is what makes me feel guilty about it.

One out of two, sort of.

White Privilege does give you the benefit of the doubt when people judge you in most settings.

CRT has little to do with your feelings, however. It is a theory in academic law which studies how laws are either written, or modified by rulings in court, to favor the majority race.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-04-19, 16:11

Trapper Gus wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

Yes.  White privilege is what made me successful, and CRT is what makes me feel guilty about it.

One out of two, sort of.

White Privilege does give you the benefit of the doubt when people judge you in most settings.

CRT has little to do with your feelings, however.  It is a theory in academic law which studies how laws are either written, or modified by rulings in court, to favor the majority race.

Thanks Professor.

The Supreme Court - Page 23 Tumblr_mrwk8cnJDE1r3maj7o1_500
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-04-19, 16:26

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

It’s really not all that confusing to be honest.

It is to racists. “But I have a friend who is black, I cant be a racist. “

I’m confused.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-04-19, 16:46

TravelinMan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

One out of two, sort of.

CRT has little to do with your feelings, however.  It is a theory in academic law which studies how laws are either written, or modified by rulings in court, to favor the majority race.

Thanks Professor.

You are welcome.

FYI - IMO - If you continue with only trolling like Wells posts you are likely eventually going to be banned. (Your join date will protect you somewhat) If that is your goal because you believe you are proving some sort of point, have at it.  (Also, IMO, you are being trolled by other posters, whose motives are unknown)

Bob, for all his faults, does a mix of trolling and thoughtful posts.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-04-19, 20:24

Trapper Gus wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

Thanks Professor.

You are welcome.

FYI - IMO - If you continue with only trolling like Wells posts you are likely eventually going to be banned. (Your join date will protect you somewhat) If that is your goal because you believe you are proving some sort of point, have at it.  (Also, IMO, you are being trolled by other posters, whose motives are unknown)

Bob, for all his faults, does a mix of trolling and thoughtful posts.

FFS
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

TravelinMan, Cameron and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-04-22, 12:59

It looks like the court is burning itself down, or at least one Conservative Justice is doing so.

https://www.businessinsider.com/samuel-alito-abortion-pill-dissent-calls-out-3-justices-expert-2023-4
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by sεяεηιτλ 2023-04-22, 16:25

Trapper Gus wrote:It looks like the court is burning itself down, or at least one Conservative Justice is doing so.

https://www.businessinsider.com/samuel-alito-abortion-pill-dissent-calls-out-3-justices-expert-2023-4

Judging by that dissent, Alito has absolutely NO business being on the highest court of the land. He sounds like a whiney partisan bitch throughout the entire damn thing. Thomas can't even be bothered to explain his dissent either. Both of these two, my god, the fact that these two have as much power as they do makes me sad for this country.
sεяεηιτλ
sεяεηιτλ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-04-22, 16:27

sεяεηιτλ wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:It looks like the court is burning itself down, or at least one Conservative Justice is doing so.

Judging by that dissent, Alito has absolutely NO business being on the highest court of the land. He sounds like a whiney partisan bitch throughout the entire damn thing. Thomas can't even be bothered to explain his dissent either. Both of these two, my god, the fact that these two have as much power as they do makes me sad for this country.

I can't believe I'm typing this but Thomas now seems like the smarter of the two, at least he knows to keep his opinion to himself.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-04-25, 19:20

Gorsuch is in on the grift now too, and Roberts is respectfully declining his invite to testify in front of judiciary.

Since democrats are spineless cowards so that’ll be the end of it. The obvious move is to subpoena them and either force them to testify to being unaccountable grifters taking rights away from people on behalf of those who enrich them, or make them ignore the subpoena and add it to the growing list of crimes these justices have committed. It’s a win win.

But alas, democrats are cowards, so we won’t do any of that.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, Cameron, Trapper Gus and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-04-25, 19:30

This is, of course, absolutely correct and not what democrats will do.

[tw]1650999426217918467[/tw]
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-04-25, 19:31

You don’t get to respectfully decline checks and balances. Drag his ass up there in handcuffs if need be.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron, DWags, AvgMSUJoe, gomersbro, Trapper Gus, Jake from State Farm and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-04-25, 19:32

Unfortunately a bullshit proof (Manchin Senema types) majority is gonna be required to make real changes. At least 55-60 in the senate.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-04-25, 19:51

It doesn’t take that to subpoena them, drag them in front of the judiciary committee, and really show to everyone why real change is necessary.

It does take Dianne Feinstein to stop fucking over the people of California and either work or retire tho
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron, Trapper Gus and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-04-25, 20:17

I meant real reform. But yeah hall that pussy to the judiciary for some answers. I mean it’s called….. The judiciary committee.

kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-04-25, 20:23

I guess Biden could make a hollow threat to stack the court if they don’t give some answers but without bullet proof backing from the senate….
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-04-25, 20:31

Yeah I mean you can’t jump straight to that. I would like it if they did jump straight to that, but they won’t. You gotta show off all the ways they are abusive and unaccountable first
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-04-25, 20:42

How long do you suppose the court has been bought?

Does anyone remember how all of Kavanaugh's debt vanished after he was nominated?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 27 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next