Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

There have been 74 shootings at American Schools since Newtown

+56
SPARTASOTAN
GRR Spartan
Green Note
tTito
Jools Holland
Bill S. Preston, Esquire
Turf
Raygunz
Johnny Alpamayo
Albert_Potato
Gob Bluth
TravelinMan
WBill
LakeMilakokia
Rocinante
xsanguine
Rook
Jake from State Farm
Giant Moose
Rodeo Burger
Bill Cain
MSULordyoda
TrueGreenSpartan
Bizarro Fletch
Other Teams Pursuing That
SpartanStu
CrazySparty
AvgMSUJoe
Herbie Green
Turtleneck
Robert J Sakimano
Ass Dan
Travis of the Cosmos
Dolph Ziggler
LoneWolfSparty
SeeRockCity
maizegoblue
The Lonely Stoner
MSU Mathguy
Nordic
SawGreen
Punisher98
Blanch32
DWags
WCS
Big Ten Referee
tTy
The Pantry
Mentalstate
tanfan!
Cym Jim
Stoops21
WhiteBoyHatcher
StylesGShmooth
InTenSity
steveschneider
60 posters

Page 3 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down

There have been 74 shootings at American Schools since Newtown - Page 3 Empty Re: There have been 74 shootings at American Schools since Newtown

Post by Cym Jim Wed 11 Jun 2014 - 0:19

tTy wrote:

So will illegal immigration.  So will late term abortion.  So will POMO.  So will deficit spending.  So will NSA domestic spying.  So will etc, etc, etc, etc, etc..... Is any of this better than gun violence?  Why do we get all worked up about gun violence when any of this other this is arguably WAY worse in the long term?  And if you fuckers are going to bitch about gun violence, then I'm going to bitch about this shit too.  If you don't like it, then **** the **** off, especially if you are apolitical and have no solutions to offer.  That said, I love you Mike.

I'm not sure of your point. We can't address a significant problem in our society because there are other problems in our society? I know that can't be it.
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

There have been 74 shootings at American Schools since Newtown - Page 3 Empty Re: There have been 74 shootings at American Schools since Newtown

Post by Big Ten Referee Wed 11 Jun 2014 - 0:19

Mentalstate wrote:

Right, because that's been proven absolutely nowhere outside of NRA propaganda clips. In fact, we have a record number of guns in this country right now. So how's your statement holding up?

I do love that none can argue with me about what I said. Can't see this is about money to those pulling the strings of simpletons.

Record number of guns and a steady decline in violent crime over the last 2 decades.

I responded to your post with a question and you ignored it. Will you also ignore this one? How are background checks going to be a solution to your perceived problem in a case such as myself? I have 7 firearms and I purchased none of them. Guns aren't buried with their owners. How are your discriminatory background checks going to keep a young man from inheriting a firearm collection prior to the onset of his mental illness?
Big Ten Referee
Big Ten Referee
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Punisher98 Wed 11 Jun 2014 - 0:20

tTy wrote:

So will illegal immigration. So will late term abortion. So will POMO. So will deficit spending. So will NSA domestic spying. So will etc, etc, etc, etc, etc..... Is any of this better than gun violence? Why do we get all worked up about gun violence when any of this other this is arguably WAY worse in the long term? And if you fuckers are going to bitch about gun violence, then I'm going to bitch about this shit too. If you don't like it, then **** the **** off, especially if you are apolitical and have no solutions to offer. That said, I love you Mike.

What are your solutions to all of these other problems?
Punisher98
Punisher98
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Wed 11 Jun 2014 - 0:22

Punisher98 wrote:

Start with improving background checks and placing limits on ammunition. Also I am not a big fan of the NRA or the political pressure they apply either.

Not sure where all the hostility comes from. Never said I had all the answers just here to discuss. Please don't hurl 50 f-bombs at me sir

At some point, the lengths to which background checks may extend are going to nestle up against all the HIPPA rights and the ACLU is going to get all pissed off and rights to privacy will be infringed upon, and all that bullshit. You can't have it both ways bro. Either you will have the right to privacy, or you will have the right to defend yourself, or some combination of both. Which do you choose?

Also, I will trade you my NRA if you give up your George Soros. Deal?
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 11 Jun 2014 - 0:24

tTy wrote:

So will illegal immigration.  So will late term abortion.  So will POMO.  So will deficit spending.  So will NSA domestic spying.  So will etc, etc, etc, etc, etc..... Is any of this better than gun violence?  .

Yes.

Illegal Immigration. = My grass is fucking perfect again.
Late term abortions. = 22 years after roe v. wade crime went down in America. by a bunch. Most criminals are between ages 20-25. Do the math, unwanted babies weren't around as much
POMO= My business is growing. Whatever. I'm on the ground. hiding shit from the tax man, growing where I can.
Deficit Spending = hells yeah Gov't deficits create private sector wealth
NSA Spying = allowing me to pretend I'm on government business when I'm spanking it in a back yard of my hot neighbor with binoculars.

Gun violence? = deaths.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Wed 11 Jun 2014 - 0:27

Cym Jim wrote:

I'm not sure of your point. We can't address a significant problem in our society because there are other problems in our society? I know that can't be it.

My point is that this is a negotiation and you people with our hair on fire can't run outside into the streets and demand that guns be banned in a vacuum because some dipshit goth kid got all depressed listening to his depeche mode casette tapes and shot up some jocks who were calling him a "dweeb" and his feelings got all hurt. In other words, just as much as you think "guns hurt society" I feel that all these fucked up social programs hurt society equally.... and there should be some give and take. negotiation. That is my point. You dig?
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU Mathguy Wed 11 Jun 2014 - 0:28

This thread is leaded with lunatics.
Ban affordable healthcare and give everyone guns.
Sounds like a return to the old west, no law whatsoever.
MSU Mathguy
MSU Mathguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Wed 11 Jun 2014 - 0:29

DWags wrote:

Yes.

Illegal Immigration. = My grass is fucking perfect again.
Late term abortions. = 22 years after roe v. wade crime went down in America.  by a bunch.    Most criminals are between ages 20-25.  Do the math, unwanted babies weren't around as much
POMO= My business is growing.  Whatever.  I'm on the ground.  hiding shit from the tax man, growing where I can.
Deficit Spending = hells yeah Gov't deficits create private sector wealth
NSA Spying = allowing me to pretend I'm on government business when I'm spanking it in a back yard of my hot neighbor with binoculars.  

Gun violence?  = deaths.  

wow
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lonely Stoner Wed 11 Jun 2014 - 0:30

Only 74 shootings across the country? Chicago had 475 gun deaths last year alone, but because it's primarily inner city minorities hardly anyone pays attention. Or how about Detroit having 333 deaths, the same number as NY (which has 11 times more people).
The Lonely Stoner
The Lonely Stoner
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Wed 11 Jun 2014 - 0:30

MSU Mathguy wrote:This thread is leaded with lunatics.
Ban affordable healthcare and give everyone guns.
Sounds like a return to the old west, no law whatsoever.

You seem reasonable.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 11 Jun 2014 - 0:31

tTy wrote:

wow

Just trying to educate the masses.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Wed 11 Jun 2014 - 0:33

steveschneider wrote:All I did was point out a 74 tragedies since Newtown and the insecure gun owners are out in attack mode flaunting their love of guns.

All you did was take a mass media headline and repost it with either: A) Ignorance to the Data B) Trying to Promote an Agenda C) Both. Quick....without looking it up, tell us about the 2 incidents in Michigan. You can't, no one can. Because they don't fit the headline's agenda.

Note this post is not for or against gun control, but about regurgitating mass/social media horseshit without forming or researching your own opinion.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lonely Stoner Wed 11 Jun 2014 - 0:34

It might not be a popular opinion, but maybe the parenting might have something to do with it.
The Lonely Stoner
The Lonely Stoner
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentalstate Wed 11 Jun 2014 - 0:34

Big Ten Referee wrote:

Record number of guns and a steady decline in violent crime over the last 2 decades.

I responded to your post with a question and you ignored it. Will you also ignore this one? How are background checks going to be a solution to your perceived problem in a case such as myself? I have 7 firearms and I purchased none of them. Guns aren't buried with their owners. How are your discriminatory background checks going to keep a young man from inheriting a firearm collection prior to the onset of his mental illness?

And the stats for the last few years? The numbers on mass shootings/killing? Chicago? And why did those numbers decline? Because more people had guns? Really?

Let's see. If we take away 3 million people from the legal game, then that means production dips. That means guns are harder to get. That means people who get them are committing crimes, thus making it more likely they are caught before ever killing. Illegal gun dealing gets the same attention as illegal drug dealing.

Discriminatory background checks? WTF are you talking about? And I suppose carding people is also discriminatory, as if forcing people to take tests to get a driving license? You make zero sense.

And guess what? If you are mentally ill, you should't have a gun. Period. Someone gets diagnosed, a system of discovery should be put in place.

As for inheriting guns, you should by law be forced to register yourself as a gun owner. Guns are not toys. They have one purpose. To shoot things. You can attach other meanings to them, but at a functional level, guns are made to shoot and do great harm to whatever they hit.
Mentalstate
Mentalstate
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim Wed 11 Jun 2014 - 0:34

Has anyone ever provided a sincere argument why assault and/or large magazine weapons are necessary in our society, other than the usual crap about slippery slopes, the second amendment, and endless subterfuge about what exactly defines that type of gun?

It seems quite simple to me that we could cut out the worst of this shit just and let everyone keep their guns for defense and hunting if we just made the simple step to get rid of weapons capable of killing dozens of people in seconds.
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Wed 11 Jun 2014 - 0:34

DWags wrote:

Just trying to educate the masses.  

You are failing, Wagner.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 11 Jun 2014 - 0:35

tTy wrote:

You are failing, Wagner.

I feel like I've made some headway tonight.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim Wed 11 Jun 2014 - 0:36

The Lonely Stoner wrote:It might not be a popular opinion, but maybe the parenting might have something to do with it.

Bee and tTy have kids  There have been 74 shootings at American Schools since Newtown - Page 3 4198636888 
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentalstate Wed 11 Jun 2014 - 0:36

Nordic wrote:

All you did was take a mass media headline and repost it with either: A) Ignorance to the Data  B) Trying to Promote an Agenda  C) Both.  Quick....without looking it up, tell us about the   2 incidents in Michigan.  You can't, no one can.  Because they don't fit the headline's agenda.

Note this post is not for or against gun control, but about regurgitating mass/social media horseshit without forming or researching your own opinion.  

So then, there haven't been 74 school shootings since Sandy Hook?
Mentalstate
Mentalstate
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Wed 11 Jun 2014 - 0:37

The Lonely Stoner wrote:It might not be a popular opinion, but maybe the parenting might have something to do with it.

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 

Liberals don't like parenting. They are not good at it. Not at all.... Hell, most of them are pissed off that they didn't just kill their kids while they were still just a couple of cells (code for = not actual people, evidently)..... fucking stupid cytoblasts infringing upon their freedom to **** off and enjoy life. Who do they think they are anyways???
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentalstate Wed 11 Jun 2014 - 0:39

tTy wrote:

Liberals don't like parenting.  They are not good at it.  Not at all.... Hell, most of them are pissed off that they didn't just kill their kids while they were still just a couple of cells (code for = not actual people, evidently)..... fucking stupid cytoblasts infringing upon their freedom to **** off and enjoy life.  Who do they think they are anyways???

Let's keep in mind, Ty is against social programs, yet is basing his entire summer, and bragging rights for the rest of his life, off mooching beer for free from his company.

And let's throw as many others issues on this as we can to divert from the very simple fact that millions of Americans who have guns...Should fucking no way in hell have guns.
Mentalstate
Mentalstate
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim Wed 11 Jun 2014 - 0:41

tTy wrote:

Liberals don't like parenting.  They are not good at it.  Not at all.... Hell, most of them are pissed off that they didn't just kill their kids while they were still just a couple of cells (code for = not actual people, evidently)..... fucking stupid cytoblasts infringing upon their freedom to **** off and enjoy life.  Who do they think they are anyways???

Coming for a guy who calls looking after his own children "babysitting", and plans to drink 800 beers during three of their most formative months of life  There have been 74 shootings at American Schools since Newtown - Page 3 969504605
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Wed 11 Jun 2014 - 0:42

Can't you two please stay on topic instead of resorting to personal attacks?

#Dispicable.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lonely Stoner Wed 11 Jun 2014 - 0:43

tTy wrote:

Instead of using generalized rhetoric, can you enlighten us as to why liberals don't like parenting? Is it because you're a closet liberal who has these regrets in life?
The Lonely Stoner
The Lonely Stoner
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ten Referee Wed 11 Jun 2014 - 0:44

Mentalstate wrote:

And the stats for the last few years? The numbers on mass shootings/killing? Chicago? And why did those numbers decline? Because more people had guns? Really?

Let's see. If we take away 3 million people from the legal game, then that means production dips. That means guns are harder to get. That means people who get them are committing crimes, thus making it more likely they are caught before ever killing. Illegal gun dealing gets the same attention as illegal drug dealing.

Discriminatory background checks? WTF are you talking about? And I suppose carding people is also discriminatory, as if forcing people to take tests to get a driving license? You make zero sense.

And guess what? If you are mentally ill, you should't have a gun. Period. Someone gets diagnosed, a system of discovery should be put in place.

As for inheriting guns, you should by law be forced to register yourself as a gun owner. Guns are not toys. They have one purpose. To shoot things. You can attach other meanings to them, but at a functional level, guns are made to shoot and do great harm to whatever they hit.

So mentally ill people should be placed into a large grouping and openly discriminated against by written law based on incidents where accused murderers had diagnosed mental illnesses? This is not a radical viewpoint at all. You are incredibly brilliant and that is why nobody else is bothering to refute your obviously fact-based, facts.

Why stop at mental illness, though? If we are going to deny constitutional rights based on disability status, we should definitely reconsider ethnicity, religion, and gender as well.

Last edited by Big Ten Referee on Wed 11 Jun 2014 - 0:47; edited 1 time in total
Big Ten Referee
Big Ten Referee
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Wed 11 Jun 2014 - 0:46

Mentalstate wrote:

So then, there haven't been 74 school shootings since Sandy Hook?

Shit, there has probably been more. But from the data of the two Michigan incidents, one was a suicide and the other a late night gang drive by. How many of those made CNN headlines? None. Because they don't fit this agenda.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentalstate Wed 11 Jun 2014 - 0:47

Big Ten Referee wrote:

So mentally ill people should be placed into a large grouping and openly discriminated against by written law based on incidents where an accused murderers had diagnosed mental illnesses? This is not a radical viewpoint at all. You are incredibly brilliant and that is why nobody else is bothering to refute your obviously fact-based, facts.

You are trying to engage in one of the dumbest arguments I have ever seen on the Internet. Which is saying a lot. Placed in large grouping? No. They simply should not be eligible to own guns. as they are MENTALLY ILL.

Last edited by Mentalstate on Wed 11 Jun 2014 - 0:50; edited 1 time in total
Mentalstate
Mentalstate
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim Wed 11 Jun 2014 - 0:47

Big Ten Referee wrote:

So mentally ill people should be placed into a large grouping and openly discriminated against by written law based on incidents where an accused murderers had diagnosed mental illnesses? This is not a radical viewpoint at all. You are incredibly brilliant and that is why nobody else is bothering to refute your obviously fact-based, facts.

Sounds fine to me  There have been 74 shootings at American Schools since Newtown - Page 3 2599972566 
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Wed 11 Jun 2014 - 0:49

The Lonely Stoner wrote:

Instead of using generalized rhetoric, can you enlighten us as to why liberals don't like parenting? Is it because you're a closet liberal who has these regrets in life?

I love that you took this seriously enough that you felt you had to respond to it..... lmfao
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentalstate Wed 11 Jun 2014 - 0:49

Nordic wrote:

Shit, there has probably been more. But from the data of the two Michigan incidents, one was a suicide and the other a late night gang drive by. How many of those made CNN headlines?  None.  Because they don't fit this agenda.  

If it is wrong, do feel free to prove it as such, and point out why. There is no reason not to. Classifications are extremely important, as you mentioned, in such things. If it makes you feel better, think of 74 then as the lowest possible number. Research others like the two you mentioned, add them up and we can look at tour new number.
Mentalstate
Mentalstate
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Wed 11 Jun 2014 - 0:50

Big Ten Referee wrote:

So mentally ill people should be placed into a large grouping and openly discriminated against by written law based on incidents where accused murderers had diagnosed mental illnesses? This is not a radical viewpoint at all. You are incredibly brilliant and that is why nobody else is bothering to refute your obviously fact-based, facts.

Why stop at mental illness, though? If we are going to deny constitutional rights based on disability status, we should definitely reconsider ethnicity, religion, and gender as well.

Daaaaayum......

#score
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lonely Stoner Wed 11 Jun 2014 - 0:51

tTy wrote:

I love that you took this seriously enough that you felt you had to respond to it..... lmfao

... Because taking 10 seconds to write out two sentences is really eating up my time.... king 
The Lonely Stoner
The Lonely Stoner
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ten Referee Wed 11 Jun 2014 - 0:53

Cym Jim wrote:Has anyone ever provided a sincere argument why assault and/or large magazine weapons are necessary in our society, other than the usual crap about slippery slopes, the second amendment, and endless subterfuge about what exactly defines that type of gun?

It seems quite simple to me that we could cut out the worst of this shit just and let everyone keep their guns for defense and hunting if we just made the simple step to get rid of weapons capable of killing dozens of people in seconds.

A 60 year old pump action shotgun could be used to kill dozens of people in seconds.
Big Ten Referee
Big Ten Referee
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Wed 11 Jun 2014 - 0:53

Mentalstate wrote:

If it is wrong, do feel free to prove it as such, and point out why. There is no reason not to. Classifications are extremely important, as you mentioned, in such things. If it makes you feel better, think of 74 then as the lowest possible number. Research others like the two you mentioned, add them up and we can look at tour new number.

No fucking clue what you just said... but if your looking for me to go through all 74 incidents and "prove it as such, and point out why" they don't fit this agenda... no thanks.  Got better shit to do. I picked two easy ones because most of us live in Michigan. I didn't need to look any further. I know horseshit data when I see it (unfortunately most can't).
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Punisher98 Wed 11 Jun 2014 - 0:55

tTy wrote:Can't you two please stay on topic instead of resorting to personal attacks?

#Dispicable.

Lol ironic
Punisher98
Punisher98
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ten Referee Wed 11 Jun 2014 - 0:58

Punisher98 wrote:

Lol ironic

Lol ironic
Big Ten Referee
Big Ten Referee
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim Wed 11 Jun 2014 - 0:58

Big Ten Referee wrote:

A 60 year old pump action shotgun could be used to kill dozens of people in seconds.

I suppose, if everyone was very soundly asleep. Oddly that's never happened though.

Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentalstate Wed 11 Jun 2014 - 1:00

Nordic wrote:

No fucking clue what you just said... but if your looking for me to go through all 74 incidents and "prove it as such, and point out why" they don't fit this agenda... no thanks.  Got better shit to do. I picked two easy ones because most of us live in Michigan. I didn't need to look any further. I know horseshit data when I see it (unfortunately most can't).

Simple: if it is horseshit, just prove your point.. Back up what you are saying. That's all.
Mentalstate
Mentalstate
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Punisher98 Wed 11 Jun 2014 - 1:01

Big Ten Referee wrote:

Lol ironic

Quiet down fatty. Sorry that you hate your miserable life the rest of us actually have other things to live for
Punisher98
Punisher98
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Wed 11 Jun 2014 - 1:01

What is up with Obama dumping all them illegals in Arizona lately?
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next