Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a program game

+12
Clarett's Folly
MattyFresh
Death Roe
steveschneider
Nordic
DWags
aualum06
NigelUno
Turtleneck
Other Teams Pursuing That
Watch Out Pylon!
Herbie Green
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

This is a program game - Page 2 Empty Re: This is a program game

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-10-29, 10:17

MiamiSpartan wrote:
DWags wrote:

It helps to watch the game though. We had five plays where it was 2nd and short (less than five). Two were passes for first downs one was LJ running for a first down one was Lewerke not seeing the field and having to run for a one yard gain and one was London for a no gain.

So five second and shorts, three passes, two successful one scramble. Two run plays one for a first down and one for no gain. Since we threw on three of five and picked up a first on one run play are you saying he should have called something else on the London no gain? OK. Yeah we should have thrown the bomb.
The plays that worked were fine, dwags, but we should have done the opposite of what we tried on plays that didn't work.

This
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-10-29, 10:26

I learn something new every time Herbie posts. I wish he would post more.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-10-29, 10:48

MiamiSpartan wrote:
DWags wrote:

It helps to watch the game though. We had five plays where it was 2nd and short (less than five). Two were passes for first downs one was LJ running for a first down one was Lewerke not seeing the field and having to run for a one yard gain and one was London for a no gain.

So five second and shorts, three passes, two successful one scramble. Two run plays one for a first down and one for no gain. Since we threw on three of five and picked up a first on one run play are you saying he should have called something else on the London no gain? OK. Yeah we should have thrown the bomb.
The plays that worked were fine, dwags, but we should have done the opposite of what we tried on plays that didn't work.

Careful...Herbie will think that means we should have had London run backwards on that one play.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-10-30, 15:25

DWags wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:My thinking is that plays have  a better chance of success by doing the opposite of what the defense expects and 2nd and short can be a free play to exploit that kind of advantage

So five second and shorts, three passes, two successful one scramble. Two run plays one for a first down and one for no gain. Since we threw on three of five and picked up a first on one run play are you saying he should have called something else on the London no gain?  OK. Yeah we should have thrown the bomb.  

Lol, those two successful pass plays were on MSU's last possession that resulted in a touchdown, where out of nowhere MSU marched down the field with ease.  This was their first touchdown drive since the 1st drive in the game (which was also done by passing).   In between we had 3 and a half quarters of no touchdown drives.

I may have been drunk while watching the game but now I can go back and look at the game log.
The first touchdown drive was 6 passes and 1 run.  The 2nd touchdown drive was 11 passes and 1 run.  I think you said you like scoring touchdowns right?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-10-30, 15:31

Is the Penn St. game a program game? If so how many program games can you have in a season?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-10-30, 15:58

The program has no business losing to a team like northwestern - no matter how young they are. We are beyond that point and dantonio has set those expectations.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-10-30, 16:03

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Is the Penn St. game a program game? If so how many program games can you have in a season?

I don't know, but I'm planning to drink a program beer. Every beer is a program beer.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-10-30, 16:04

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:The program has no business losing to a team like northwestern - no matter how young they are. We are beyond that point and dantonio has set those expectations.

You didn't answer the question. This thread is about looking ahead.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-10-30, 16:32

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:The program has no business losing to a team like northwestern - no matter how young they are. We are beyond that point and dantonio has set those expectations.

We suck?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-10-30, 16:40

DWags wrote:

We suck?

It’s just a disappointing loss, wags. I know you’re stuck in that whole black and white mindset where you’re either satisfied or want dantonio fired - but reality is not exactly like that.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-10-30, 17:34

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
DWags wrote:

We suck?

It’s just a disappointing loss, wags. I know you’re stuck in that whole black and white mindset where you’re either satisfied or want dantonio fired - but reality is not exactly like that.

Nah, I just don’t like to get bummed anymore after losses. However this was the first game I was bummed since Nebraska 2015, football or basketball. And I was bummed because the defense let us down imo. I wasn’t even counting on 9 victories but we gave that away because our defense couldn’t get a stop. Against Nortwestern. I saw our offense get some young receivers confidence and then I just didn’t see a very good defense step up when they needed to.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-10-30, 18:05

tGreenWay wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Is the Penn St. game a program game? If so how many program games can you have in a season?

I don't know, but I'm planning to drink a program beer. Every beer is a program beer.

That's how you find the inches right there.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-10-30, 18:30

DWags wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Nah, I just don’t like to get bummed anymore after losses. However this was the first game I was bummed since Nebraska 2015, football or basketball. And I was bummed because the defense let us down imo. I wasn’t even counting on 9 victories but we gave that away because our defense couldn’t get a stop. Against Nortwestern. I saw our offense get some young receivers confidence and then I just didn’t see a very good defense step up when they needed to.

Sounds like we are on the same page. I don’t get like I used to after a loss, as I’ve gotten smarter with age - “bummed” is a good word for it.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-10-30, 18:30

My poop was green yesterday. Were those program poops?
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-11-05, 08:31

Herbie Green wrote:My thinking is that plays have  a better chance of success by doing the opposite of what the defense expects and 2nd and short can be a free play to exploit that kind of advantage

Or not.

This is a program game - Page 2 502811600
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-11-05, 18:44

Nice bump Nigel.  Did you happen to notice anything different about the offensive game plan against PSU vs Northwestern?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-11-05, 18:57

Herbie Green wrote:Nice bump Nigel.  Did you happen to notice anything different about the offensive game plan against PSU vs Northwestern?

No, I didn’t. But I think they’re trying to call plays the other team isn’t expecting.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-11-05, 18:59

DWags wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:Nice bump Nigel.  Did you happen to notice anything different about the offensive game plan against PSU vs Northwestern?

No, I didn’t. But I think they’re trying to call plays the other team isn’t expecting.

Haha. Herbie owned you morons. Herbie is brilliant. When he said the MSU coaches are trying to win, you guys had nothing. He thinks at a way higher level.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-11-05, 19:41

Turtleneck wrote:
DWags wrote:

Haha. Herbie owned you morons. Herbie is brilliant. When he said the MSU coaches are trying to win, you guys had nothing. He thinks at a way higher level.

I hate that fucker. He always shows me up.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-11-05, 19:45

Herbie is so sexy when he gets mad at people. I love it.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-11-05, 20:07

I will say, it was nice when we stopped trying to force the run with our current o line.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-11-05, 20:31

DWags wrote:

I noticed Coach D was pissed about that audible on 2nd and short.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-11-26, 23:06

Herbie Green wrote:Let's just get that straight right now

I’m planking like a mother fucker I got it so straight.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-11-27, 15:23

Bump.  

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state/spartans/2017/11/24/michigan-state-football-mark-dantonio-rutgers-win-loss-record/893499001/

“This is a program game,” Dantonio said for the second straight week. “You don't want to take any shine … off of this season. We want to go into the bowl season like this (moving his hand upward) going forward.”
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2