Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's start talking next week's scUM matchup - are we gonna win?

+16
Floyd Robertson
TheReal_LWS
Frank Ricard
CORNER BLITZ
Watch Out Pylon!
By-Tor
Death Roe
Tim Wakefield
NigelUno
Travis of the Cosmos
WhiteBoyHatcher
MiamiSpartan
DWags
Other Teams Pursuing That
steveschneider
Motown Spartan
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Let's start talking next week's scUM matchup - are we gonna win?  Empty Re: Let's start talking next week's scUM matchup - are we gonna win?

Post by Motown Spartan 2017-10-01, 08:03

I think we win on a UM botched punt with 10 secs left.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Let's start talking next week's scUM matchup - are we gonna win?  Empty Re: Let's start talking next week's scUM matchup - are we gonna win?

Post by steveschneider 2017-10-01, 08:10

Team that rushes the ball more typically wins. Our main problem is our offense looks so stale and uninspired at points. Count me in on the folks that thinks our team needs an upgrade on offense. I think our play calling gives their d a huge advantage.

I do think we have a shot at winning this. I’m going to say we have a 35% chance of pulling it off. If we make improvements in our game this week like we did from ND to Iowa our chances could even be better.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-10-01, 08:43

Dantonio seemed to defend the play calling in the 4th. Ya know, when we started to try to run the clock out and gave Iowa as many chances and they could handle. Our run game just sucks so better get used to these games coming down to the last possession with no Langford back there. We ain't throwing it.

Whether this is the right move or not we shall see but the defense looks good enough to win games. Then again it was the Iowa offense. Who knows?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-10-01, 08:49

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Dantonio seemed to defend the play calling in the 4th. Ya know, when we started to try to run the clock out and gave Iowa as many chances and they could handle. Our run game just sucks so better get used to these games coming down to the last possession with no Langford back there. We ain't throwing it.

Whether this is the right move or not we shall see but the defense looks good enough to win games. Then again it was the Iowa offense. Who knows?

For a guy that has a set of wheelbarrow balls he sure doesn’t use them in the fourth.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-10-01, 08:52

Uofm 35
MSU 10

Uofm at home. The punt will be brought up constantly. Their team speed is way better than ours. Their defense is legit, and we've not scored well against real D1 teams ND or Iowa. Night game bright lights for young dumb kids.

This game could be ugly. Goal here is moral victory and get to Minny with no major injuries.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-10-01, 09:30

UM week is not a week for realistic analysis based on how teams have looked previously. It's a week where we remember No 1 vs No One, The Drive in 95, and :01 in 01 and know that all of the analysis gets thrown out the window when these two line up. And not even just when we managed to win despite being big underdogs, but there are so many other times where we gave them close games when we had no business being within 20 points.

Fuck those little bitches, we are taking this mofo.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-10-01, 09:55

If we do not turn the ball over we will have a chance to win. If we do not turn the ball over and we turn them over we will win. We will not give up more than 2 scores to their shit offense regardless of who the QB is (assuming Tom Brady doesnt have any eligibility left).
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-10-01, 10:01

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:If we do not turn the ball over we will have a chance to win. If we do not turn the ball over and we turn them over we will win. We will not give up more than 2 scores to their shit offense regardless of who the QB is (assuming Tom Brady doesnt have any eligibility left).
Wbh I checked and Tom Brady does not have any eligibility left
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-10-01, 10:04

Ok then. No turnovers and we win.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-10-01, 10:41

Need UM to turn the ball over and convert it into points (not missed FGs and failed 4th down conversions).
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2017-10-01, 10:51

Yes ghost
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-10-01, 11:31

I'm going UM 27 MSU 13.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2017-10-01, 21:31

22-18.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-10-01, 21:49

20-17 Spartans
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2017-10-01, 22:06

+14 at 5dimes
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-10-01, 22:26

We gonna lose by 17. Sorry, we're still too prone to stupid mistakes. I don't think one week will clean that up.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-10-01, 22:43

Tim Wakefield wrote:+14 at 5dimes

That's a lot of fucking points. Yeah MSU may lose but by more than two TDs? Disrespectful. I got my chip on my shoulder ready to go this week.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2017-10-01, 23:11

Fuck scum, fuck them in their stupid asses
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 2017-10-02, 04:30

Honestly, this is one year I don't care if we win or lose.  Just don't get the QB hurt.  Our goal this year is to beat the other mediocre teams we play - Indy, Minny, NU, Maryland - and the one really bad team, Rutgers.  That gets us to 8-4 and in my mind, CMD is national coach of the year.

Of course, I'd take a W, but I think long term it was more important to beat Iowa this year than it is to beat UM.  We're not totally back yet and a loss isn't devastating if we don't have major injuries and continue to beat the teams that aren't contending this year.
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-10-02, 04:47

CORNER BLITZ wrote:Fuck scum, fuck them in their stupid asses

Don't you mean skull?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-10-02, 07:15

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:We gonna lose by 17. Sorry, we're still too prone to stupid mistakes. I don't think one week will clean that up.

Even last year with a horse shit team we kept it close and interesting. I’ve watched this series long enough to know that anything can happen in this game. I’m calling it now we are going to win this game.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-10-02, 07:18

steveschneider wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:We gonna lose by 17. Sorry, we're still too prone to stupid mistakes. I don't think one week will clean that up.

Even last year with a horse shit team we kept it close and interesting. I’ve watched this series long enough to know that anything can happen in this game. I’m calling it now we are going to win this game.

I also sat through the Bobby Williams "I don't know" game.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-10-02, 08:00

DWags wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Remember Coach d’s first game vs Bike Hart and his Little Brother comments? I couldn’t believe it we were a bounce a way from winning that game. I’m calling it right now this scUM team hasn’t played anyone good yet and they are another overrated team. We’ve seen this script before. Go Green!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-10-02, 08:56

DWags wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Was that the Illinois flag plant game? I was there too. :(
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-10-02, 09:00

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-10-02, 09:00

Speight is out. Just down graded to doubtful.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-10-02, 09:02

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2017-10-02, 09:09

I think I will be in a tree stand for most of this game.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-10-02, 09:12

NigelUno wrote:

A little grainy but there I am.

Let's start talking next week's scUM matchup - are we gonna win?  Floyd10
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-10-02, 09:16

Floyd Robertson wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Cool. How much did that ticket cost back then?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2017-10-02, 09:16

TheReal_LWS wrote:I think I will be in a tree stand for most of this game.

Tommy "Tree Stand" Hughes

Let's start talking next week's scUM matchup - are we gonna win?  Maxresdefault
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-10-02, 09:19

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Cool. How much did that ticket cost back then?

I honestly don't know. It was a work-related thing that I got invited to at the last minute. The best part is that I had to sit next to some scUM geezer co-worker and his wife and listen to them whine the whole game. It was sweet.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-10-02, 09:21

steveschneider wrote:
DWags wrote:

Remember Coach d’s first game vs Bike Hart and his Little Brother comments? I couldn’t believe it we were a bounce a way from winning that game. I’m calling it right now this scUM team hasn’t played anyone good yet and they are another overrated team. We’ve seen this script before. Go Green!

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-10-02, 09:25

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Speight is out. Just down graded to doubtful.
Is that good news for us or nah? My understanding is he kinda sucks but I admittedly don't pay much attention to them
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-10-02, 09:27

He definitely kind of sucks. He has thrown at least 2 pick 6s this year, if not 3. But I don't know how O'Korn is. The car I was in driving up to the ND game had the UM/Purdue game on the AM radio and it sounded like they moved the ball for the first time all game once O'Korn came in. That's about the extent of my knowledge.

What a terrible name - O'Korn. He's like an Irish headbanger or something.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-10-02, 09:30

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:He definitely kind of sucks. He has thrown at least 2 pick 6s this year, if not 3. But I don't know how O'Korn is. The car I was in driving up to the ND game had the UM/Purdue game on the AM radio and it sounded like they moved the ball for the first time all game once O'Korn came in. That's about the extent of my knowledge.

What a terrible name - O'Korn. He's like an Irish headbanger or something.

I watched, O'Korn was pretty solid and loose coming off the bench on the road. How he handles it as a starter as home against an arch rival, well, we'll see. He played well enough to be named the starter from here on out, IMHO

Last edited by Floyd Robertson on 2017-10-02, 09:31; edited 1 time in total
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-10-02, 09:30

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Speight is out. Just down graded to doubtful.
Is that good news for us or nah? My understanding is he kinda sucks but I admittedly don't pay much attention to them

Seems he has given the ball away in some key games at some real bad times.  I'm thinking O'Korn is a better choice for them.   I also would love to see Speight have to come into the game from the bench due to poor play by O'Korn, that woudl be very big for us.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2017-10-02, 09:31

Speight got them to 10 wins last year. I don't think he's a great QB but he's not terrible either and the UM staff thought he was better than O'Korn. I'm sure all of your UM friends will say differently but this is a negative for UM.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-10-02, 09:38

If MSU's D line can hold SCum shitty rushing offense in check AND get decent pressure on their QB without blitzing we have a better than 50-50 chance. I think this game is about flipping field position. Unfortunately they have a better kicker and that could be the difference. Neither team can consistently run the ball. QB play will be essential and this might be the rare case where the better passing game had the best chance of winning.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-10-02, 09:46

kingstonlake wrote:If MSU's D line can hold SCum shitty rushing offense in check AND get decent pressure on their QB without blitzing we have a better than 50-50 chance. I think this game is about flipping field position. Unfortunately they have a better kicker and that could be the difference. Neither team can consistently run the ball. QB play will be essential and this might be the rare case where the better passing game had the best chance of winning.

Speaking of our Dline, I was horrified this summer.   Also was worried about our lack of aggressiveness last year. Anyone who has watched both our Dline and the blitzes we're using again has to be happy with that progress.  As much as our lack of aggressiveness on offense leads to our assholes getting tight in key spots, our defense stayed very aggressive.  I don't believe you can ever win championships unless you're aggressive on both sides of the ball throughout the whole game, but at least one half of our program seems to be going in that direction again.  I loved that 13 defense, it was just beautiful to watch.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next