Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's start talking next week's scUM matchup - are we gonna win?

+16
Floyd Robertson
TheReal_LWS
Frank Ricard
CORNER BLITZ
Watch Out Pylon!
By-Tor
Death Roe
Tim Wakefield
NigelUno
Travis of the Cosmos
WhiteBoyHatcher
MiamiSpartan
DWags
Other Teams Pursuing That
steveschneider
Motown Spartan
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Let's start talking next week's scUM matchup - are we gonna win?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Let's start talking next week's scUM matchup - are we gonna win?

Post by Clarett's Folly 2017-10-02, 09:52

DWags wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:If MSU's D line can hold SCum shitty rushing offense in check AND get decent pressure on their QB without blitzing we have a better than 50-50 chance. I think this game is about flipping field position. Unfortunately they have a better kicker and that could be the difference. Neither team can consistently run the ball. QB play will be essential and this might be the rare case where the better passing game had the best chance of winning.

Speaking of our Dline, I was horrified this summer.   Also was worried about our lack of aggressiveness last year. Anyone who has watched both our Dline and the blitzes we're using again has to be happy with that progress.  As much as our lack of aggressiveness on offense leads to our assholes getting tight in key spots, our defense stayed very aggressive.  I don't believe you can ever win championships unless you're aggressive on both sides of the ball throughout the whole game, but at least one half of our program seems to be going in that direction again.  I loved that 13 defense, it was just beautiful to watch.

Our edge seems edgier.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Let's start talking next week's scUM matchup - are we gonna win?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Let's start talking next week's scUM matchup - are we gonna win?

Post by By-Tor 2017-10-02, 12:39

The deep ball scares me and is the weakness of our D. No idea how well OKorn throws it deep. I have a feeling he doesn't. We will contain their weak ass run game. They will exploit the flats with quick throws between the 20s. Cover the TE over the middle. Our kickoff coverage scares me to death and they have a huge advantage in the kick(not punt) game.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2017-10-02, 12:55

By-Tor wrote:The deep ball scares me and is the weakness of our D. No idea how well OKorn throws it deep. I have a feeling he doesn't. We will contain their weak ass run game. They will exploit the flats with quick throws between the 20s. Cover the TE over the middle. Our kickoff coverage scares me to death and they have a huge advantage in the kick(not punt) game.

Almost to the point where I'd rather kick it out of bounds or onside every time
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-10-02, 13:01

CORNER BLITZ wrote:
By-Tor wrote:The deep ball scares me and is the weakness of our D. No idea how well OKorn throws it deep. I have a feeling he doesn't. We will contain their weak ass run game. They will exploit the flats with quick throws between the 20s. Cover the TE over the middle. Our kickoff coverage scares me to death and they have a huge advantage in the kick(not punt) game.

25,000 dudes on campus with eligibility and we can't find a single walk-on to consistently bang it through the end zone.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-10-02, 13:41

CORNER BLITZ wrote:

We tried everything else on Saturday. Tried the line drive/squib kick to at least try to throw off their return set up...but it went straight to one of the up men who caught it and ran it to the 40 or so. Then there was the pop up toward the sideline, which the guy caught and was brought down right away at the 30. Maybe that should be our goal. Pop it up to around the 30, and save those 5 yards that kicking it out of bounds would cause.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-10-02, 17:58

I think this is going to be a slugfest game, 17-14 good guys.
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-10-02, 18:13

MattyFresh wrote:I think this is going to be a slugfest game, 17-14 good guys.

I feel the same. MSU's Oline has been looking pretty okay. If they can establish a bit of a run game, it could be interesting. I think the vegas line is stupid.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-10-02, 19:01

Rocinante wrote:

I feel the same. MSU's Oline has been looking pretty okay. If they can establish a bit of a run game, it could be interesting. I think the vegas line is stupid.

If we couldn't run against Iowa are you confident we can vs Michigan? I hope so, but it's gonna take our best effort
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-10-03, 09:15

Heads are going to explode.

Windsor: Michigan must admit Michigan State is its biggest football rival
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-10-08, 00:18

Twisted Evil
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2