Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey guys, don't post here much but wanted to give you Josh Butler's GOFUND me info.

+8
SawGreen
Death Roe
Other Teams Pursuing That
Senior Dickfist
DWags
tGreenWay
Clarett's Folly
msuspartan4eva
12 posters

Go down

Hey guys, don't post here much but wanted to give you Josh Butler's GOFUND me info. Empty Hey guys, don't post here much but wanted to give you Josh Butler's GOFUND me info.

Post by msuspartan4eva Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:42 pm

For his Dad's funeral expenses. There is a modest $5,000 goal and they have raised $1,800. I know a lot of you guys have big (green) hearts and realize the kid went out and played in our game on Saturday...unreal. Thanks for helping Josh and his family out.

https://www.gofundme.com/nfg3m-father-passed-away

Last edited by msuspartan4eva on Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
msuspartan4eva
msuspartan4eva
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Hey guys, don't post here much but wanted to give you Josh Butler's GOFUND me info. Empty Re: Hey guys, don't post here much but wanted to give you Josh Butler's GOFUND me info.

Post by Clarett's Folly Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:58 pm

Isn't this the type of thing the NCAA usually does enforce?
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Hey guys, don't post here much but wanted to give you Josh Butler's GOFUND me info. Empty Re: Hey guys, don't post here much but wanted to give you Josh Butler's GOFUND me info.

Post by msuspartan4eva Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:10 pm

Clarett's Folly wrote:Isn't this the type of thing the NCAA usually does enforce?

Shit...sure hope not. I mean, Spartan810 is a pretty solid guy and great poster on The Red Cedar Message Board and he said it was OK so.....let me poke around and see, but pretty sure it's ok.

PS...FUCK the NCAA
msuspartan4eva
msuspartan4eva
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by msuspartan4eva Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:20 pm

This is all I can find thus far guys:

https://247sports.com/college/washington-state/Article/WSU-clarifies-Sorenson-situation-says-GoFundMe-page-OK-now-that--75020383

They way I read it, the school (in this case WSU) has to sponsor and have it's name on the Gofundme page for it to be compliant. However, this case was almost 2 years ago. I'll send 810 an email and make sure everything is above board. He is tight with the team (former player maybe?) and will make sure it' all kosher.
msuspartan4eva
msuspartan4eva
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:22 pm

Count me in if it isn't a violation. OTPT will enthusiastically contribute if it is against the rules.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:32 pm

Great idea, hope it’s legal.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:37 pm

tGreenWay wrote:Count me in if it isn't a violation. OTPT will enthusiastically contribute if it is against the rules.

Same here...well, with the first part of the statement.
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:43 pm

OP, I know there's an office on campus devoted to compliance. Might be worth a call tomorrow.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:44 pm

tGreenWay wrote:OP, I know there's an office on campus devoted to compliance. Might be worth a call tomorrow.

Why don’t you call? You’re the one too cheap to donate if it’s a violation.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:48 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:OP, I know there's an office on campus devoted to compliance. Might be worth a call tomorrow.

Why don’t you call? You’re the one too cheap to donate if it’s a violation.

Hey, I'm on the phone all day every day. If it seems like I'm cheap, it's only because those phone sex calls are really expensive.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:50 pm

gHost Spartan wrote:The damage is done - people have already donated so there's really no reason at this point NOT to donate. Assuming this violates NCAA rules, at least get the kid the money he needs to help with the funeral expenses.

I doubt the damage is done yet. Gofundme donations get refunded all the time when the fundraiser gets cancelled for whatever reason.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:58 pm

I hope the NCAA doesn't fuck with this. I'll donate tomorrow for sure.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msuspartan4eva Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:07 pm

Good points guys. I am confirming with Spartan 810 on tRCMB tonight. I'm pretty confident it's fine, but if he doesn't get back with me I will personally call the compliance office on campus tomorrow morning.
msuspartan4eva
msuspartan4eva
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:31 pm

msuspartan4eva wrote:Good points guys. I am confirming with Spartan 810 on tRCMB tonight. I'm pretty confident it's fine, but if he doesn't get back with me I will personally call the compliance office on campus tomorrow morning.

Thanks man. I'll be checking back tomorrow. Just saw that the Lewerke's donated.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:34 pm

gHost Spartan wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I doubt the damage is done yet. Gofundme donations get refunded all the time when the fundraiser gets cancelled for whatever reason.
Fuck cancelled

It's probably not a violation, especially if the parents of players are now contributing. OTOH, it would genuinely suck if the player was ruled ineligible because of this. Imma wait til we find out for sure tomorrow.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:47 pm

RJShelton, the Higbys, the Lewerkes and Shane Bullough are on there so I'm pretty sure it's clear.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:07 am

LooseGoose wrote:RJShelton, the Higbys, the Lewerkes and Shane Bullough are on there so I'm pretty sure it's clear.

With all due respect, goose - and I’m not saying it’s against the bullshit “rules”’of the NCAA, that don’t mean jackshit.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:08 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:RJShelton, the Higbys, the Lewerkes and Shane Bullough are on there so I'm pretty sure it's clear.

With all due respect, goose - and I’m not saying it’s against the bullshit “rules”’of the NCAA, that don’t mean jackshit.

And the Chewins....lol.....yeah you're right.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:12 am

Probably not the time and or place but this is an obscure message board on the deep web, $5000 fucking dollars for a funeral? What the fuck? Cremate me, rent a hall, and open bar/tap some kegs . Done.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:07 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Probably not the time and or place but this is an obscure message board on the deep web, $5000 fucking dollars for a funeral? What the fuck? Cremate me, rent a hall, and open bar/tap some kegs . Done.

It will still cost 5k. Actually 5 grand for a funeral is way on the cheap side.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:17 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Probably not the time and or place but this is an obscure message board on the deep web, $5000 fucking dollars for a funeral? What the fuck? Cremate me, rent a hall, and open bar/tap some kegs . Done.

I hope $2,500 is going to get you the bar and open up the taps because the pyration is going to burn up half that.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by msuspartan4eva Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:08 am

duffy munn wrote:

Correct. 7-10 K is average:

https://www.parting.com/blog/funeral-costs-how-much-does-an-average-funeral-cost/

On to a more important topic: I called our compliance office on campus to address some posters/alums concerns on this board (and tRCMB) about this. The compliance office told me that Josh will be shutting it down today because the goal has been met and MSU will help with the rest of the expenses so that his family isn't burdened. Everything was handled above board of course. Thanks to all who donated.
msuspartan4eva
msuspartan4eva
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:09 am

Honestly, 5k is seriously cheap. I have helped with family funerals and we do them cheap, and the cheapest was 8k. On average they are around 10k. It's so fucked up.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:11 am

msuspartan4eva wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Correct. 7-10 K is average:

https://www.parting.com/blog/funeral-costs-how-much-does-an-average-funeral-cost/

On to a more important topic: I called our compliance office on campus to address some posters/alums concerns on this board (and tRCMB) about this. The compliance office told me that Josh will be shutting it down today because the goal has been met and MSU will help with the rest of the expenses so that his family isn't burdened. Everything was handled above board of course. Thanks to all who donated.

This is great! I'm glad the school could help with this as well. I hope it gives his family a little bit of relief during a dark time.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:11 am

Good to see the goal was met.

Do your loved ones a favor and make sure you have life insurance, even if it is just enough to bury you.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:22 pm

Michigan State's Josh Butler raises more than $8,000 toward father's funeral

EAST LANSING — Michigan State players dedicated Saturday's win to Josh Butler.

Spartan Nation has taken care of the rest.

As of Tuesday afternoon, a GoFundMe.com page set up by Butler has raised more than $8,000 toward funeral arrangements for his father, Steven, who died unexpectedly the Friday night before the Spartans hosted No. 7 Penn State. Butler had only asked for $5,000.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:33 pm

$9200 raised in 18 hours and now seems to be shutoff.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down