Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dad attacks Nassar (tried)

+6
Bill Cain
Floyd Robertson
Robert J Sakimano
tGreenWay
steveschneider
Dendrobates
10 posters

Go down

Dad attacks Nassar (tried) Empty Dad attacks Nassar (tried)

Post by Dendrobates February 2nd 2018, 11:12 am

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/02/02/us/larry-nassar-attack-court/index.html

They’re saying they will charge the dad with assault. I think that’s such bullshit. I get this isn’t how the justice system works. But some things should change of how Justice is brought. I get you have he judge saying you’re giving him power. Maybe in some circumstances, but I disagree with this. That dad would certainly have the power and would help him heal. Plus the fucker deserves it. It’s pure justice. So frustrating.

Also reminds me of both my mom and dad telling me when I was young, that if some ducker did shit like that to me, they would both be in prison. And say it would be worth killing that fucker. I get it.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Dad attacks Nassar (tried) Empty Re: Dad attacks Nassar (tried)

Post by steveschneider February 2nd 2018, 11:17 am

My answer is the same as it was in the BOT thread, this is our system. It is in tragic situations that we let our emotions get the best of us. Can't let these emotions erode our institutions and you can't make exceptions.

I'm sure the father will get the charges dropped or at the very least something minimal will happen.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 2nd 2018, 11:24 am

steveschneider wrote:My answer is the same as it was in the BOT thread, this is our system. It is in tragic situations that we let our emotions get the best of us. Can't let these emotions erode our institutions and you can't make exceptions.

I'm sure the father will get the charges dropped or at the very least something minimal will happen.

If it were me I would request a jury trial.

Nullification would occur.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay February 2nd 2018, 11:24 am

Dendrobates wrote:https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/02/02/us/larry-nassar-attack-court/index.html

They’re saying they will charge the dad with assault. I think that’s such bullshit. I get this isn’t how the justice system works. But some things should change of how Justice is brought. I get you have he judge saying you’re giving him power. Maybe in some circumstances, but I disagree with this. That dad would certainly have the power and would help him heal. Plus the fucker deserves it. It’s pure justice. So frustrating.

Also reminds me of both my mom and dad telling me when I was young, that if some ducker did shit like that to me, they would both be in prison. And say it would be worth killing that fucker. I get it.

I get what you’re saying, but that’s not justice, that’s vengeance.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider February 2nd 2018, 11:26 am

tGreenWay wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/02/02/us/larry-nassar-attack-court/index.html

Yeah, my heart goes out to the father. I got a lump in my throat watching the footage. I feel for him, but I stand by our institutions.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates February 2nd 2018, 11:47 am

tGreenWay wrote:

I feel the vengeance is justified.

I know there’s no way to make it a perfect system. I don’t agree with it in these circumstances. And I understand, it’s almost impossible to define what would count as an “exception.” But thinking you have to have a system with no emotion on things like this is impossible. And almost insulting for those victims.

In my fantasy world, justice is leaving Nassar with he victims/families in a room and let them deal with him. Then it would be the first step to letting them move on than rotting in prison .
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider February 2nd 2018, 11:56 am

Dendrobates wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I know there’s no way to make it a perfect system. I don’t agree with it in these circumstances. And I understand, it’s almost impossible to define what would count as an “exception.” But thinking you have to have a system with no emotion on things like this is impossible. And almost insulting for those victims.

In my fantasy world, justice is leaving Nassar with he victims/families in a room and let them deal with him. Then it would be the first step to letting them move on than rotting in prison .

Everyone should watch the Central Park 5 documentary by Ken Burns. It was a highly emotional case where people where a mob was forming ready to advocate vigilante justice. Donald Trump took out an 85,000 ad in the city papers calling for the death penalty to come back so they could be executed. Well turns out they were innocent. Where do you make the exceptions? You do it once in a case like this, and then on down the line someone is going to want it to happen in a case like the Central Park 5.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano February 2nd 2018, 12:05 pm

meh - you can't have vigilante justice.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates February 2nd 2018, 12:13 pm

steveschneider wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

Everyone should watch the Central Park 5 documentary by Ken Burns. It was a highly emotional case where people where a mob was forming ready to advocate vigilante justice. Donald Trump took out an 85,000 ad in the city papers calling for the death penalty to come back so they could be executed. Well turns out they were innocent. Where do you make the exceptions? You do it once in a case like this, and then on down the line someone is going to want it to happen in a case like the Central Park 5.
I get what your saying and it’s a good point.

We know for 100% fact Nassar is guilty.

I’m not trying to start a movement or change the system. I’m just stating what I wish could happen, and what I think is fair for this case. But I seriously hope that dad gets cleared for this.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano February 2nd 2018, 12:15 pm

steveschneider wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

but I thought he was "pro-life"?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson February 2nd 2018, 12:27 pm

Released, no charges.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 2nd 2018, 12:55 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:Released, no charges.

Why waste the $$ - they knew nothing would stick.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson February 2nd 2018, 1:03 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Released, no charges.

Why waste the $$ - they knew nothing would stick.

The Go Fund Me for his legal troubles had already raised over $3,000.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider February 2nd 2018, 1:30 pm

Dendrobates wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I get what your saying and it’s a good point.

We know for 100% fact Nassar is guilty.

I’m not trying to start a movement or change the system. I’m just stating what I wish could happen, and what I think is fair for this case. But I seriously hope that dad gets cleared for this.

True, but once you set that precedent then you up the possibility for an ass whooping for other cases. Everyone thought they knew the Central Park 5 was 100% guilty based on their confession but it was wrong. Duke LaCrosse case is another example. Everyone thought for sure they were 100% guilty.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cain February 2nd 2018, 2:08 pm

Dad attacks Nassar (tried) 502811600
Bill Cain
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic February 2nd 2018, 5:23 pm

There is no question I would do the same. But I wouldn't of asked. And would fully accept my punishment.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth February 2nd 2018, 7:10 pm

Hopefully our flawed systems plays out in its flawed perfection.  Find him guilty and commute his sentence or fine him a $1 or something.

edit: Perhaps, I should read the thread first. Wasn't there an emoticon for that tCock?
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen February 2nd 2018, 7:48 pm

Might plea down to littering.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh February 2nd 2018, 7:51 pm

SawGreen wrote:Might plea down to littering.

Dad attacks Nassar (tried) QONVIyz
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic February 2nd 2018, 9:36 pm

SawGreen wrote:Might plea down to littering.

Dad attacks Nassar (tried) Josh-donaldson-walk-off-home-run-against-philadelphia-a

Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down