Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DOJ lets FBI have it regarding Nassar investigation

5 posters

Go down

DOJ lets FBI have it regarding Nassar investigation Empty DOJ lets FBI have it regarding Nassar investigation

Post by NigelUno Wed 14 Jul 2021 - 17:24

Too little.  Too late.

[tw]1415397297924497412[/tw]
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

DOJ lets FBI have it regarding Nassar investigation Empty Re: DOJ lets FBI have it regarding Nassar investigation

Post by DWags Wed 14 Jul 2021 - 20:17

Death by 1000 slashes continues

Any money this is front page headlines tomorrow in the Detroit rags? Anderson? Buried behind a pay wall on the 14th page of the education section.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

DOJ lets FBI have it regarding Nassar investigation Empty Re: DOJ lets FBI have it regarding Nassar investigation

Post by NigelUno Wed 14 Jul 2021 - 20:19

DWags wrote:Death by 1000 slashes continues

Any money this is front page headlines tomorrow in the Detroit rags? Anderson? Buried behind a pay wall on the 14th page of the education section.

We took the fall. Big time. Ridiculous.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 14 Jul 2021 - 20:42

What did Izzo know and when did he cover it up?
— Paula & Dan
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 14 Jul 2021 - 20:43

DWags wrote:Death by 1000 slashes continues

I would have been happy with only 1,000 slashes.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 14 Jul 2021 - 21:36

My youngest who is now a senior at MSU was not going to go to MSU. Why? Because of the bullshit. We didn't push, we let her make her choice. She did choose MSU. Now? She comes home today, her older sister tells her this story and she just says "Let that fucker die already". While she was maybe nervous to go to MSU, she knows our campus, or community and yes our culture. This shit just keeps dragging us through the mud. It's a legit story and I get it. But please lord god, let it be done and over with.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 15 Sep 2021 - 11:50

FBI getting abused by Biles and Congress on cnn right now. Waiting for the MSU reference.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 15 Sep 2021 - 12:23

DWags wrote:FBI getting abused by Biles and Congress on cnn right now. Waiting for the MSU reference.  
I'm just ready for this monster to die, for everyone to be held accountable and for these (now) ladies to be able to work to move forward.

I mentioned in another thread how living in East Lansing and having a daughter in this general age range, we all know multiple victims. Have known them since they were in kindergarten. Heck, we tailgated this past Saturday with a Nassar victim and her family. I can't believe the "powers that be" (whatever that even means) has allow this to go on.. and on.. and on. Seems like once the Indy Star article came out in, I believe, 2016, that the dominoes would've fallen much quicker.

Victims are exhausted, their families are exhausted - I know they are all moving on and trying to heal at their own pace, but this protracted investigation and lack of accountability isn't helping.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 15 Sep 2021 - 16:15

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:FBI getting abused by Biles and Congress on cnn right now. Waiting for the MSU reference.  
I'm just ready for this monster to die, for everyone to be held accountable and for these (now) ladies to be able to work to move forward.

I mentioned in another thread how living in East Lansing and having a daughter in this general age range, we all know multiple victims. Have known them since they were in kindergarten. Heck, we tailgated this past Saturday with a Nassar victim and her family. I can't believe the "powers that be" (whatever that even means) has allow this to go on.. and on.. and on. Seems like once the Indy Star article came out in, I believe, 2016, that the dominoes would've fallen much quicker.

Victims are exhausted, their families are exhausted - I know they are all moving on and trying to heal at their own pace, but this protracted investigation and lack of accountability isn't helping.

It seems as if a few of the survivors discovered they enjoyed the spotlight and didn’t want it to fade, which has also kept this horror story and a lot of the survivors from getting any peace. A couple of them were quoted saying that, although no names were used. It seems some of the sisters are disgusted by a small percentage of those who won’t stop working to keep the cameras on.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway Wed 15 Sep 2021 - 16:26

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

It seems as if a few of the survivors discovered they enjoyed the spotlight and didn’t want it to fade, which has also kept this horror story and a lot of the survivors from getting any peace. A couple of them were quoted saying that, although no names were used. It seems some of the sisters are disgusted by a small percentage of those who won’t stop working to keep the cameras on.
I get that there many who want to move on, maybe most; but there are some who want those who allowed this to continue to be held accountable. That includes the FBI, USA Gymnastics and the Olympic Committee, and none of those have had 1/10th the scrutiny that MSU had. Nor have they paid any price for their part in allowing this to go on.
I am in no way defending MSU, but they were sued because they have the deepest pockets.
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 15 Sep 2021 - 16:33

Wally Fairway wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I get that there many who want to move on, maybe most; but there are some who want those who allowed this to continue to be held accountable. That includes the FBI, USA Gymnastics and the Olympic Committee, and none of those have had 1/10th the scrutiny that MSU had. Nor have they paid any price for their part in allowing this to go on.
I am in no way defending MSU, but they were sued because they have the deepest pockets.

I get it, and I do agree today’s testimony needed to happen. But one of the survivors is getting her own show on Lifetime, and it seems less about healing and more about catering to prurient interests. Then there’s the judge, who is making thousand on speeches all around the country. It seems distasteful.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway Wed 15 Sep 2021 - 16:36

tGreenWay wrote:Then there’s the judge, who is making thousand on speeches all around the country. It seems distasteful.
Welcome to America
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 15 Sep 2021 - 17:11

Wally Fairway wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Then there’s the judge, who is making thousand on speeches all around the country. It seems distasteful.
Welcome to America

It’s a real shame she didn’t get the gig as one of those tv judges. Her audition must not have gone well, but I haven’t heard any specifics.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 15 Sep 2021 - 20:01

So I’m trying to wrap my mind around this regarding ESPN’s treatment of Izzo and Dantonio. The FBI investigation failed but Izzo and Dantonio were somehow supposed to know what the hell was going on. (That’s how the ESPN piece wanted you to think about them)
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 15 Sep 2021 - 20:12

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I understand what you're saying and don't disagree.

I also know some victims who never came forward, didn't issue a victim statement, etc. They were content with allowing the others to speak on their behalf and be left to navigate their lives accordingly. Which I totally understand and support, as well.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down