Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece

+36
Watch Out Pylon!
Clarett's Folly
InTenSity
Other Teams Pursuing That
DWags
WhiteBoyHatcher
loogoldham
tTy
MattyFresh
The Pantry
Rocinante
Cameron
CheesySpartan
J T
Code_Warrior
Dendrobates
SPARTASOTAN
MSU addict
sεяεηιτλ
Big Ten Referee
FatFingers
Nordic
CORNER BLITZ
indianaspartan
Senior Dickfist
SawGreen
AnomanderRake
goodbar
I.B. Fine
Tim Wakefield
Izzo Court
Floyd Robertson
kingstonlake
MiamiSpartan
Robert J Sakimano
NigelUno
40 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece  - Page 2 Empty Re: Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece

Post by SawGreen Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:09 pm

gHost Spartan wrote:We're at almost 9.5k views right now and growing by the hour!

I commented on the blog (thought it took), are comments turned off or edited in some manner?
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece  - Page 2 Empty Re: Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece

Post by steveschneider Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:12 pm

gHost Spartan wrote:We're at almost 9.5k views right now and growing by the hour!

Well deserved. You did a great job on it.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:34 pm

SawGreen wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Every time someone pulls a loose thread it unravels more......

Context: ESPN’s Outside the Lines’ “internal letter to Michigan State administrators”

I think LA really believes in her mission... I also think it has blinded her a bit. So, all of the football/basketball backstory has no corroboration? Single source?

Sounds like that could be the case.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:36 pm

Where has this been plugged?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:37 pm

Clarett's Folly wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:gHost is a Skater Boi

Haha, I just got all these.
:-)
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by indianaspartan Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:48 pm

NigelUno wrote:https://247sports.com/college/michigan-state/Board/93/Contents/FreegHost-115298085

Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece  - Page 2 3003718628

back up on RCMB. Up to 11 pages of kudos for gHost.

https://247sports.com/college/michigan-state/Board/93/Contents/Paula-Lavigne-is-a-Liar-Ghosts-response-to-ESPNs-OTL-Piece--115295936
indianaspartan
indianaspartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:48 pm

goodbar wrote:one editing suggestion: find and replace all "Lavigne"s to: "L'avigne".
LMAO

Solid work gHost!
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:48 pm

Damn dude, awesome work gHost. That was a lot of data to go through and fact check. Very thorough. VIP content.

One item that may need some further explanation is the "RVSM training". What does it stand for/what is it? I have an idea based on prior reports, but it is not clear to the outside observer.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:49 pm

FWIW another blogger posted this a few weeks ago. It might help in your Part II

https://michiganstatefootballblog.wordpress.com/2018/01/29/otl-msu-report-my-commentary/
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by FatFingers Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:35 pm

Ghost is my new hero
Spartan Legend
FatFingers
FatFingers
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ten Referee Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:40 pm

She’s a piece of shit
Big Ten Referee
Big Ten Referee
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by sεяεηιτλ Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:45 pm

Nice work d00d, i'll forgo my request for royalties on that graphical rim to rim job I did for you a few years ago. I'm sharing everywhere I can.
sεяεηιτλ
sεяεηιτλ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:51 pm

Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece  - Page 2 IRqTrYu
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:01 pm

David Harns just got in touch with the ESPN Public editor which should be interesting. I hope the Public Editor makes a statement calling out ESPNs BS.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:01 pm

Any updates? Is anyone national picking this up? Are we going to be crushed tomorrow with traffic?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:03 pm

LooseGoose wrote:Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece  - Page 2 IRqTrYu

That’s hysterical. She had no idea who she was fucking with when she decided to trash MSU. Fuck Paula Lavigne.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:06 pm

steveschneider wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece  - Page 2 IRqTrYu

That’s hysterical. She had no idea who she was fucking with when she decided to trash MSU. Fuck Paula Lavigne.

Baylor 136,000 Alumni

Michigan State 461,000 Alumni

A slightly larger bear to poke.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:12 pm

steveschneider wrote:David Harns just got in touch with the ESPN Public editor which should be interesting. I hope the Public Editor makes a statement calling out ESPNs BS.

Harns also said he contacted Allswede. She still has her convictions, which I honestly don't fault her for holding. Some of her assumptions were hers, it was ESPN that molded them into a narrative.

It's such a fucking cluster. I firmly believe that too many sexual assault victims don't receive the justice they deserve. But, I cannot/will not accept anything ahead of due process.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:31 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Baylor 136,000 Alumni

It is not about the size of the bear.  It is about the truth.

Nassar makes MSU an easy target, and deservedly so.  As I have said before, feel free to compare our football and basketball programs and head coaches with an major program in the county.  No program is perfect, but we are on a higher level than the vast majority.  

It is always easier to defend the truth.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:36 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Baylor 136,000 Alumni

I don’t think they anticipated that Valenti, Harns or Ghost would come at them so strong and dismantle their report like they did.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SPARTASOTAN Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:56 pm

- PAULA LAVIGNE IS A LIAR. 
- PAULA LAVIGNE IS UNETHICAL. 
- PAULA LAVIGNE IS NOT A CREDIBLE JOURNALIST.
SPARTASOTAN
SPARTASOTAN
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:13 pm

I read the whole thing. Excellent job Ghost. I am sending this to as many people as I know.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:26 pm

SPARTASOTAN wrote:- PAULA LAVIGNE IS A LIAR. 
- PAULA LAVIGNE IS UNETHICAL. 
- PAULA LAVIGNE IS NOT A CREDIBLE JOURNALIST.

I appreciate you but let's not gloss over the fact that:

PAULA LAVIGNE KILLED FIVE HOOKERS
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:28 am

MSU addict wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Baylor 136,000 Alumni

Nassar makes MSU an easy target, and deservedly so.  As I have said before, feel free to compare our football and basketball programs and head coaches with an major program in the county.  No program is perfect, but we are on a higher level than the vast majority.  

In the context of this versus the college population nationwide, we are far better than average. So I'm sure we are better off than most revenue sports programs, as well.

Of course, that doesn't make even a single assault "ok" just because it happens less here than elsewhere, but it is important context when we are attacked as having a culture that allows this.

The "culture of rape" is a nationwide college problem, but ESPN's narrow focus shows that they don't really care about addressing that.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:46 am

Awesome work gHost! Top Notch!
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:57 am

GREAT JOB GhOST!
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:29 am

I've seen the link posted on facebook from someone I wasn't expecting to see something like that from.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:33 am

I’m surprised he hasn’t been invited on a show yet to discuss it.

Saw some backlash on the title of Ghost’s piece. I actually like the title and is perfect for a piece coming out of the Swill. Harns has been doing a lot of respectable work and no one has picked up on it outside of our circle. I don’t think a change to Ghost’s title would make much of a difference.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:36 am

InTenSity wrote:I've seen the link posted on facebook from someone I wasn't expecting to see something like that from.

If you do a search for Paula Lavigne in twitter Liar pops up as an option. It’s almost trending. Might give her a taste of what it’s like when you name someone for a crime with no charges and they have that attached to their identity forever.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:05 am

I have to admit I’m getting burnt out on this topic and am to the point where I’m ready to move on. Whenever I get to this point ESPN does something incredibly stupid which pisses me off and sucks me back in. I may have to take a hiatus from twitter and the internet for a while.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:20 am

MiamiSpartan wrote:
MSU addict wrote:

In the context of this versus the college population nationwide, we are far better than average.  So I'm sure we are better off than most revenue sports programs, as well.

Of course, that doesn't make even a single assault "ok" just because it happens less here than elsewhere, but it is important context when we are attacked as having a culture that allows this.

The "culture of rape" is a nationwide college problem, but ESPN's narrow focus shows that they don't really care about addressing that.
You are absolutely correct, not a single assault is acceptable.  No one should construe gHost's or anyone's defense of MSU as suggesting such.

I, and I feel almost all of our alumni, want to correct any problems MSU has.  The problem is not our football and basketball programs.  If you want to take issue with our women's gymnastics coaches, our softball coaches, our Title IX office, various administrators - have at it.  We deserve it.  

You are also correct that this issue is Paula Lavigne's and ESPN's incredibly narrow focus.  They don't want to correct the problem.  They want to sell books and boost ratings. Sadly they want to exploit Nassar's victims for their own gain.

Last edited by MSU addict on Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:36 am

steveschneider wrote:I have to admit I’m getting burnt out on this topic and am to the point where I’m ready to move on. Whenever I get to this point ESPN does something incredibly stupid which pisses me off and sucks me back in. I may have to take a hiatus from twitter and the internet for a while.

Delete Twitter, Steve. You’re better than Twitter.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:49 am

gHost Spartan wrote:
MSU addict wrote:
You are absolutely correct, not a single assault is acceptable.  No one should construe gHost's or anyone's defense of MSU as suggesting such.

I, and I feel almost all of our alumni, want to correct any problems MSU has.  The problem is not our football and basketball programs.  If you want to take issue with our women's gymnastics coaches, our softball coaches, our Title IX office, various administrators - have at it.  We deserve it.  

You are also correct that this issue is Paula Lavigne's and ESPN's incredibly narrow focus.  They don't want to correct the problem.  They want to sell books Lavigne and boost ratings. Sadly they want to exploit Nassar's victims for their own gain.

That was a point I made but did not explore in great detail in my article. Based on what I read, and there is more that I have yet to read, it seems like the Title IX office was just not very good, or didn't quite understand how to get issues resolved timely. Student B in the OCR report had to wait a year for her case to be resolved. I can't remember if that was how long it took to get the male subject dismissed from the university, I'd have to go back and look at it again.

But let's face it, no one is going to be interested in a Title IX article. I don't think many people even know what it is
That is the crux of the problem.

Our Title IX office was terrible, we are under a federal consent order for good reason. A bad Title IX office doesn't sell books or boost ratings.

So you have to tie it to something people do care about and names they have heard of.

If those ties don't exist, you falsely insinuate they do. You lie to achieve you goals.

... and gHost calls you out on it.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:13 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
steveschneider wrote:I have to admit I’m getting burnt out on this topic and am to the point where I’m ready to move on. Whenever I get to this point ESPN does something incredibly stupid which pisses me off and sucks me back in. I may have to take a hiatus from twitter and the internet for a while.

Delete Twitter, Steve. You’re better than Twitter.

I got royally creeped out in there the other week...I commented on a Glenn greenwald article and then a mob of Russian bots and Jill stein freaks started commenting like crazy on my response and liking each others posts at a rapid rate. My comment was drowned out and ridiculed. I think I got a glimpse of how they can really shape discussion on that site.

It’s a great platform when there’s breaking news, but it is god awful as a time waster.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:51 am

I saw on tRCMB that some Detroit area journalist (maybe with one of the TV stations, I forget) took exception with gHost saying that Appling and Payne were exonerated, because not pressing charges is not the same as being exonerated. While he's correct on that last part, how fucking stupid is this guy? He obviously read the article enough to know that gHost uses the term "exonerated", but somehow completely misses the part where Dunnings' public statement to the media specifically said "no crime was committed". That's not a matter of "not enough evidence", that's a very unequivocal statement. Prosecutor stating "no crime was committed" = "exonerated".
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:00 pm

gHost Spartan wrote:
MSU addict wrote:That is the crux of the problem.

Our Title IX office was terrible, we are under a federal consent order for good reason. A bad Title IX office doesn't sell books or boost ratings.

So you have to tie it to something people do care about and names they have heard of.

If those ties don't exist, you falsely insinuate they do. You lie to achieve you goals.

... and gHost calls you out on it.

There's a bunch of other OCR stuff that I haven't read yet but plan on reading once I decompress from this article. I felt a real sense of urgency and had to get it done and published
I bookmarked your article. I'll probably save it as a pdf, too, just in case anything ever happens to the original link (such as ESPN hackers...."hypothetically"). It gives such a good, factual layout, with everything cited, that if someone I know asks me about Dantonio and Izzo's "scandal", I will just send them the link and say, "Read this, then you tell me."

It works so much better than sending a link to some of the pinned RCMB threads that break down issues with the OTL article.

I can only imagine the time you put in to it, but I hope that the incredibly positive response that it's gotten among the MSU community already makes it all worth it.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:12 pm

gHost Spartan wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:
I bookmarked your article.  I'll probably save it as a pdf, too, just in case anything ever happens to the original link (such as ESPN hackers...."hypothetically").  It gives such a good, factual layout, with everything cited, that if someone I know asks me about Dantonio and Izzo's "scandal", I will just send them the link and say, "Read this, then you tell me."

It works so much better than sending a link to some of the pinned RCMB threads that break down issues with the OTL article.  

I can only imagine the time you put in to it, but I hope that the incredibly positive response that it's gotten among the MSU community already makes it all worth it.

I did put a lot of work into that motherfucker! LOL!! I'm glad people can see that - it was originally like 20 pages
in all seriousness, gHost, with the exception of my wife (sometimes) and daughter (most of the time), I don't love anything enough to put that much effort into it.

Nice work.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:29 pm

gHost is a 1990s Britpop Scholar..... Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece  - Page 2 502811600 Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece  - Page 2 502811600
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:38 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:gHost is a 1990s Britpop Scholar......Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece  - Page 2 502811600 Paula Lavigne is a Liar - My response to ESPN's OTL Piece  - Page 2 502811600

By this time next week he and Valenti will be Bros.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:27 pm

Is a year to resolve a title IX issue really that long during that time? If I remember the kicker that raped a chick at SCum, his case was on going at least that long and he wasn't "expelled" until he exhausted his eligibility.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next