Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone buy silver bars?

+20
TheReal_LWS
steveschneider
Travis of the Cosmos
InTenSity
MasonGuy
Rodeo Burger
SeeRockCity
Robert J Sakimano
Watch Out Pylon!
Cym Jim
Turf
Johnny Alpamayo
PreMadonna
Heat Miser
tGreenWay
WCS
tTy
Rocinante
LoneWolfSparty
tTito
24 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Anyone buy silver bars? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anyone buy silver bars?

Post by Rodeo Burger 2014-06-19, 21:34

Preppers are a good idea gone wrong. The last couple of natural disasters we've had in the US made me realize that I should have some stuff on hand so that I can make it a few days without going to the store (rice, pasta, potatoes, water, etc.), but those guys just go way too far.

I've made a mental note to buy some "prepper candles" that last about 24 hours apiece, but I haven't done so because I've only seen them online, and I don't want to get mail from those weirdos.

But at least, I can go a solid 3 days without leaving the house, with no power. I know enough people, and have enough money, that if that's not enough, I can't get somewhere to where I'll be fine.

I've noticed that people with insignificant lives often have a boogey man. They either think that the government is after them, or that the government is actively trying to hold them down.

Rural people in that group are conservatives (the classic prepper), the urban ones are liberals (the classic welfare queen). Not that they get along, both groups think the other group runs the government.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-06-19, 21:40

Rodeo Burger wrote:Preppers are a good idea gone wrong. The last couple of natural disasters we've had in the US made me realize that I should have some stuff on hand so that I can make it a few days without going to the store (rice, pasta, potatoes, water, etc.), but those guys just go way too far.

I've made a mental note to buy some "prepper candles" that last about 24 hours apiece, but I haven't done so because I've only seen them online, and I don't want to get mail from those weirdos.

But at least, I can go a solid 3 days without leaving the house, with no power. I know enough people, and have enough money, that if that's not enough, I can't get somewhere to where I'll be fine.

I've noticed that people with insignificant lives often have a boogey man. They either think that the government is after them, or that the government is actively trying to hold them down.

Rural people in that group are conservatives (the classic prepper), the urban ones are liberals (the classic welfare queen). Not that they get along, both groups think the other group runs the government.

I have no idea what you just said. You are against prepping but do some? And the last paragraph is just a jumbled mess.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MasonGuy 2014-06-19, 23:17

Cym Jim wrote:I love those nutjobs on those doomsday shows! Crazy people are so fucking funny! The loopy range of crazy scenarios are the best: solar flares, mega volcanoes, black presidents etc. I can't get enough of those idiots! They're all either divorced, or have some creepy medicated wife and fat kids that can't read. So fucking funny! I love the losers who build some fortress out in the woods and spend their days fantasizing about fending off imaginary invaders! It's fucking hilarious! Look how much dry food my retarded wife bought! Look at all this fucking ammo I bought! So funny! The ones who try to train their delayed children are the best! "Dwayne! DWAYNE! You ain't shouting it right!" Lol. I wish there were more shows on these losers. They make the Kardashians look smart!

I love those guys that hoard gold for the end days. The dude who hoarded Glock ammo will be king.
MasonGuy
MasonGuy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2014-06-20, 14:01

tTito wrote:BTW I went with three one oz. American Eagles and spot is up $100.00 / oz. from yesterday.  cheers 

How's it doing today? Oh, and you owe us beers for our contributions, Richie Rich.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2014-06-20, 14:02

MasonGuy wrote:

I love those guys that hoard gold for the end days. The dude who hoarded Glock ammo will be king.

You ain't gonna lay down a deer with a glock.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-06-20, 14:25

SeeRockCity wrote:I have all my retirement tied up in those limited edition coins you see on TV.   I've found that if you call back with a different foreign accent you can get around the "per family" quantity limitations.

They are buried in the back yard along with several cases of laptop batteries for the rapture.  When all you idiots are running around looking for food, I'll be sitting pretty, surfing the internet and buying whatever I want online with limited edition coins.
I wish I would have been aware of this idea a few years ago. Basically, people would buy coins with credit cards because they would come with free shipping. So if you bought $100 of coins, it only cost you $100. As soon as the coins arrive, you can deposit them at your bank and pay off you credit card. I don't think they had a limit either. Imagine doing this with cash back. Get a credit limit of whatever, rinse and repeat as fast as possible. 

Coin scam link to a story.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2014-06-20, 14:55

tGreenWay wrote:

How's it doing today?  Oh, and you owe us beers for our contributions, Richie Rich.  

Holding steady, I think it shot up when Obama said his solution to the Iraq problem was to send John Kerry over there fix things.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2018-09-12, 22:56

Time to bump the silver thread..... This shit is as cheap as you'll ever see it again in your lifetime, or very near it. There will be a day, sometime in the next 2 weeks to 15 years, that you will look back on this thread and say to yourself, "Fuckin 'eh, tTy was right.... I should have bought the fuck out of silver at the 14 handle, and I didn't. I made fun of him and my jokes were terrible. Now he owns two of his own islands, and I'm working 2nd & 3rd shift in a Nike manufacturing plant in Asia. Fuck. Me."
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-09-12, 23:02

tTito wrote:1 oz. bars are going for about $22.00 right now. I have some cash on hand and am considering buying a pile as an investment as I have room in my safe deposit box. Does anyone know of a reputable dealer in West Michigan? I would rather buy in person than mail order from one of the big on-line sites.

Man you should have just started a new thread because this one looks suuuuuuper fuckin stupid. Hope that huge pussy Tito got a great deal at $22 an ounce.

Anyone buy silver bars? - Page 3 12103710
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-09-12, 23:13

Oh wait man, to be fair upon reading the rest of the thread these fuckin psychos thought that metal would help them in some post apoplectic future. It wasn’t even for the price really.

You should give this thread a read. It’s entertaining and also batshit fucking crazy.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2018-09-12, 23:18

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
tTito wrote:1 oz. bars are going for about $22.00 right now. I have some cash on hand and am considering buying a pile as an investment as I have room in my safe deposit box. Does anyone know of a reputable dealer in West Michigan? I would rather buy in person than mail order from one of the big on-line sites.

Man you should have just started a new thread because this one looks suuuuuuper fuckin stupid. Hope that huge pussy Tito got a great deal at $22 an ounce.

Anyone buy silver bars? - Page 3 12103710

Travis, first of all, I don't really care what anyone thinks of me here. Seems like that should be obvious by now, no? Second of all, it's not like I'm a trader, meaning that all of this was not supposed to be buy/sell/sell/buy in a nansecond advice. I've always bought and held my investments (meaning, for more than a couple years or so.... I am still dividend reinvesting on original stock investments from 30 years ago for example. Never sold a share....). Thirdly, I still have all the silver I've ever accumulated. All of it.....

These prices in silver are going to be looked back upon as relative historic lows in terms of the price of silver ultimately in the long run. Just because I may have missed the ACTUAL bottom by, what, two/three years, doesn't mean that it won't pay the fuck off 10, 20, 50 fold in the future (possibly very near future). I'll also continue to bump the crypto thread until either I'm = LAMBOLAMBOLAMBO or they all go bust. I'm not afraid of "ruining my reputation" with the people that populate this board..... not even close..... Just tryna help a brother out is all. If you think that makes me dumb, then meh. No fucks to give brah..... I just thought that silver is pretty fucking cheap now, and I continue to believe that it is the most undervalued asset on the face of the planet by a large margin.

You're welcome.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2018-09-12, 23:22

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Oh wait man, to be fair upon reading the rest of the thread these fuckin psychos thought that metal would help them in some post apoplectic future. It wasn’t even for the price really.

You should give this thread a read. It’s entertaining and also batshit fucking crazy.

Travis, check out this book. It is really a good read. I am not usually a fan of fiction, but this book could be closer to non-fiction that a lot of people would like to admit or think is actually possible. https://www.amazon.com/Mandibles-Family-2029-2047-Lionel-Shriver/dp/006232828X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1536808903&sr=8-1&keywords=the+mandibles
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-09-12, 23:41

I was replying to someone else’s post you little financial genius you
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-09-13, 08:24

You guys prepping for civil war 2.0 or what? Bring it on pussies! Anyone buy silver bars? - Page 3 502811600
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-09-13, 08:54

https://www.raptureready.com/rapture-ready-index/

What the fuck? Anyone buy silver bars? - Page 3 502811600
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-09-13, 12:20

Question, why not invest in Gold? Seems like a better investment over Silver.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-09-13, 12:28

steveschneider wrote:Question, why not invest in Gold? Seems like a better investment over Silver.

You ever see someone kill a werewolf with gold?

Lol idiot
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2018-09-13, 12:32

steveschneider wrote:Question, why not invest in Gold? Seems like a better investment over Silver.

Lol idiot

Anyone buy silver bars? - Page 3 Rightw10
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-09-13, 12:40

I bought some drinks in the Silver Dollar Saloon a few times, does that count?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-09-13, 13:17

Floyd Robertson wrote:I bought some drinks in the Silver Dollar Saloon a few times, does that count?

If it doesn’t, I’m screwed.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-09-13, 14:59

Lol idiot

You ever hear someone say 'That's SILVER Jerry!'?? I think not.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-09-13, 15:19

steveschneider wrote:

Lol idiot

Well played.

Advantage: steve.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-09-13, 15:25

steveschneider wrote:

Lol idiot

And what are you going to do about the post apocalyptic werewolves? You’re going to save up all your cans, build out your shelter, stay alive with your family and ammo, then as soon as you open the door you get eaten. Not smart Steve.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-09-13, 15:27

Floyd Robertson wrote:I bought some drinks in the Silver Dollar Saloon a few times, does that count?

Quarter beer nights were the tits.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-09-13, 15:28

steveschneider wrote:

And what are you going to do about the post apocalyptic werewolves? You’re going to save up all your cans, build out your shelter, stay alive with your family and ammo, then as soon as you open the door you get eaten. Not smart Steve.

I'm gonna start a bug farm. Tons of protein in bugs.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-09-13, 16:04

steveschneider wrote:

So lets play out this likely scenario, the Dow crashes, inflation goes through the roof, the government collapses, unemployment sky rockets to 100%, ,arshall law is declared but militias rise up and complete lawlessness takes over. So when I'm in my survivalist bunker is this the moment where I open up my vault get out the silver to go buy some more ammunition for my ar-15s? Or do I reach into my paper wallet and spend my Lite Coin instead?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-09-13, 16:27

steveschneider wrote:

So lets play out this likely scenario, the Dow crashes, inflation goes through the roof, the government collapses, unemployment sky rockets to 100%, ,arshall law is declared but militias rise up and complete lawlessness takes over. So when I'm in my survivalist bunker is this the moment where I open up my vault get out the silver to go buy some more ammunition for my ar-15s? Or do I reach into my paper wallet and spend my Lite Coin instead?

Seeds will be the currency of the future. I got so many seeds. You have no idea!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-09-13, 16:29

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Seeds will be the currency of the future. I got so many seeds. You have no idea!

Anyone buy silver bars? - Page 3 502811600 Anyone buy silver bars? - Page 3 502811600
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-09-13, 16:45

steveschneider wrote:

You’re gonna get eaten by a werewolf because you have no silver is what you’re gonna do
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-09-13, 17:06

steveschneider wrote:

You’re gonna get eaten by a werewolf because you have no silver is what you’re gonna do

You mean vampire.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-09-13, 18:01

No I don’t you idiot that’s a stake to the heart.

Read. Prepare. Roc you’re gonna need it.

http://www.gods-and-monsters.com/how-to-kill-a-werewolf.html

Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-09-13, 18:15

Rocinante wrote:

You mean vampire.

I thought they were hurt by a cross, garlic, a stake or the sun.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-09-13, 18:35

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:No I don’t you idiot that’s a stake to the heart.

No. Werewolves are garlic. Vampires are silver and salt.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-09-13, 18:35

What does steak have to do with it? Are you trying to kill them with heart disease?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-09-13, 19:00

Rocinante wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:No I don’t you idiot that’s a stake to the heart.

No. Werewolves are garlic. Vampires are silver and salt.

Roc you are sooooooo fucked
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-09-13, 19:21

How do Zombies figure into a werewolf infested post apocalyptic society? Is zombie meat spoiled and werewolf no like? Pretty sure I have Matrix like powers so I'm good either way. Just curious.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-09-13, 19:28

I don’t think werewolves would eat zombies but that’s a good point, you need plenty of ammo for the zombies.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-09-13, 22:45

kingstonlake wrote:How do Zombies figure into a werewolf infested post apocalyptic society? Is zombie meat spoiled and werewolf no like? Pretty sure I have Matrix like powers so I'm good either way. Just curious.

Oh right, because bending spoons is going to keep you alive. Pinhead.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-09-13, 23:06

It is pretty clear who from this thread will survive and who will not survive the apocalypse.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-09-13, 23:23

What about bronze? I'm guessing you want to buy gold, but if you can't afford it you go for silver and then as a last ditch resort you go for bronze.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next