Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hondo: My Sources durrrr durrrrr massive lawsuit durrr durr ESPN

+9
Watch Out Pylon!
tGreenWay
Clarett's Folly
Death Roe
Robert J Sakimano
Other Teams Pursuing That
NigelUno
Floyd Robertson
WhiteBoyHatcher
13 posters

Go down

Hondo: My Sources durrrr durrrrr massive lawsuit durrr durr ESPN Empty Hondo: My Sources durrrr durrrrr massive lawsuit durrr durr ESPN

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-02-27, 09:54

What a well written article.

https://www.spartannation.com/2018/02/27/some-inside-michigan-state-want-massive-lawsuit-against-alleged-media-falsehoods/
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Hondo: My Sources durrrr durrrrr massive lawsuit durrr durr ESPN Empty Re: Hondo: My Sources durrrr durrrrr massive lawsuit durrr durr ESPN

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-02-27, 10:00

"Some" is the maybe the greatest word in the Engrish language. It can basically mean whatever fucking amount. Could be one. Could be 1,000,0001.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Hondo: My Sources durrrr durrrrr massive lawsuit durrr durr ESPN Empty Re: Hondo: My Sources durrrr durrrrr massive lawsuit durrr durr ESPN

Post by NigelUno 2018-02-27, 10:07

gHost Spartan wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:What a well written article.

https://www.spartannation.com/2018/02/27/some-inside-michigan-state-want-massive-lawsuit-against-alleged-media-falsehoods/

Spartan Nation senior writer Jon Schopp (who is a highly successful attorney) discusses what the parameters of such a suit would have to look like from the Spartan perspective:

Defamation is a type of civil action brought when someone’s words end up causing harm to someone else’s reputation or livelihood. Libel is generally a written or published defamatory statement, while slander is defamation that is spoken out loud. A plaintiff typically needs to prove at least three elements to win a Defamation law suit: that a defendant published or otherwise broadcast an unprivileged, false statement of fact about the plaintiff; that it caused material harm to the plaintiff by publishing or broadcasting those false statements of fact; and that the defendant negligently or with actual malice. One thing to note is that MSU would likely file suit in Federal Court because of the amount in controversy, aka the amount of damages claimed.

Hondo: My Sources durrrr durrrrr massive lawsuit durrr durr ESPN 502811600

I think he got that from wiki.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-02-27, 10:09

And if the basketball player is in fact under investigation...it's not slander or libel.

It might be unethical to report, but good luck collecting damages on that.

And why the hell are they putting his name in the article?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-02-27, 10:13

Hondo: My Sources durrrr durrrrr massive lawsuit durrr durr ESPN Giphy
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-02-27, 10:14

This paragraph is classic Hondo.

Lastly, Spartan Nation has learned from our sources at the University of another Interesting Fact. When ESPN was bidding to win the rights to the Big Ten Network, a Big Ten official asked, “How many millions are we talking?” It was in a casual, but open conversation with several people. The ESPN official told the group, “Our reach is worth billions.” Those words could help define the amount of money that Michigan State could seek and use the network’s own words against them.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-02-27, 10:32

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Hondo: My Sources durrrr durrrrr massive lawsuit durrr durr ESPN Giphy

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-27, 10:37

from a previous Pulitzer Prize-winning article by Hondo..

honest to god, from the first 7 sentences of the article..

For the record let me make it very clear that I hate transferring.

Head Coach Tom Izzo (who shares my disdain for transfers)

everyone involved doesn't like transfers

While I have great disdain for transferring
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2018-02-27, 10:40

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Hondo: My Sources durrrr durrrrr massive lawsuit durrr durr ESPN Giphy

LMAO

"Hondo... Hondo... HONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2018-02-27, 10:40

Holy shit, that website looks worse than FinalFourU.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2018-02-27, 10:44

Hondo is living proof that telling people to never give up on their dreams can often be terrible advice.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-02-27, 10:47

Clarett's Folly wrote:Hondo is living proof that telling people to never give up on their dreams can often be terrible advice.

Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2018-02-27, 10:48

Clarett's Folly wrote:Hondo is living proof that telling people to never give up on their dreams can often be terrible advice.

I'm going to put that up as wallpaper art in my house.

Telling people to never give up on their dreams can often be terrible advice.
~ Clarett's Folly
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-27, 10:48

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-02-27, 10:54

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-02-27, 10:56

+1
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2018-02-27, 10:56

Death Roe wrote:

I'm going to put that up as wallpaper art in my house.

Telling people to never give up on their dreams can often be terrible advice.
~ Clarett's Folly

Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-02-27, 10:59

Actually Hondo is livin the dream. Think about it. Never held accountable for his words/actions. Gets to attend every MSU sporting event for free and pretend he's a journalist.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-02-27, 11:09

Im currently at the Secretary of State laughing my ass off surrounded by pissed off people wondering what’s so funny.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2018-02-27, 11:22

DWags wrote:

Im currently at the Secretary of State laughing my ass off surrounded by pissed off people wondering what’s so funny.

Please tell them about tSwill, DWags.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2018-02-27, 11:36

Turtleneck wrote:
DWags wrote:

Please tell them about tSwill, DWags.

"What's so funny? Well I'm glad you asked, friend..."
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-02-27, 12:09

gHost Spartan wrote:

Spartan Nation senior writer Jon Schopp (who is a highly successful attorney) discusses what the parameters of such a suit would have to look like from the Spartan perspective:

Defamation is a type of civil action brought when someone’s words end up causing harm to someone else’s reputation or livelihood. Libel is generally a written or published defamatory statement, while slander is defamation that is spoken out loud. A plaintiff typically needs to prove at least three elements to win a Defamation law suit: that a defendant published or otherwise broadcast an unprivileged, false statement of fact about the plaintiff; that it caused material harm to the plaintiff by publishing or broadcasting those false statements of fact; and that the defendant negligently or with actual malice. One thing to note is that MSU would likely file suit in Federal Court because of the amount in controversy, aka the amount of damages claimed.

I think I should sue Hondo for defamation, because reading his words certainly makes me dumber, which can hurt my livelihood.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-02-27, 12:26

Well, a screen shot of the ESPN graphic showing Nasser, Dantonio and Izzo in the same graphic ought to meet 1 of the 3 required elements.

2 to go......
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down